Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump says his ‘extremely tough’ immigration policies would have prevented 9/11

If he had been president, Donald Trump said Sunday, his immigration policies would have prevented the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. He also said fellow GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush should stop defending his brother over the Sept. 11 attacks, as the two rivals took their feud to the airwaves on Sunday.

“I am extremely, extremely tough on illegal immigration. I’m extremely tough on people coming into this country. I believe that if I were running things, I doubt those people would have been in the country,”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2020 7:18 PM

Presedient Trump please deport mexicans. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2015 4:45 PM

I wish we could deport Puerto Ricans.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2015 5:08 PM

It was that 1965 Immigration Reform bill that did us in...

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2015 5:10 PM

It is hilarious that because Donald says "I am_____" and " I am also very ______ on _______" that the reality is that mostly he is a blowhard with noisy opinions and estimations of himself. Unless he is the long heralded anti-Christ that will become President and rule with an iron fist, he couldn't accomplish a thing. I have been so disappointed with Barack's version of the anti-Christ, very dull and full of democracy and attempts to get along with the opposite side. And why did he have to get a second term? Why didn't he wrap things up in his first year in office?

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2015 5:26 PM

The only way to have prevented 9/11 would be to have deported all the right-wing Zionists and refusing to issue a security clearance to anyone with Zionist leanings,

The Muslims were framed for 9/11. It's as plain as the nose on your face that it was an inside job.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2015 5:30 PM

Is Donald suggesting that we simply close the borders and not allow anyone in, at all? Because the only way that the 9/11 hijackers would have been prevented from entering the U.S. is to not allow ANYONE to enter, as they were all here legally on either tourist or student visas.

Once again, Donald is wrong. Big surprise.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2015 5:40 PM

Well, as we learned from the investigation, the hijackers were all here legally, but the procedures in place to track vistors and students -- especially those acting oddly enough for their teachers to call the FBI, were not followed.

We don't need new laws, we need those already in place to be followed.

This would suck big time for illegals, but that is the point of having these laws

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2015 5:47 PM

You have to disbelieve physical science to believe that hijacked planes brought down the Towers in less than fifteen seconds.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2015 5:52 PM

Yes Donald and they have our oil. Therefore, we have the right to keep interfering and fucking around in the Middle East. Um hm right.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2015 5:53 PM

Are you kidding. HIs head would have been even farther up Saudi ass than Bush's was.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2015 6:13 PM

Exactly, R7. They were illegal because at that point they'd overstayed their visas.

R9, Trump has been the least interested in fucking around in the middle east out of all the Republicans and probably the Democrats (except Bernie). His whole platform is we should have a strong military so we don't have to use it and we shouldn't spend our money being the world's police.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2015 6:41 PM

If you recall we had a special deal with Saudi Arabia not to investigate their visa applications. Trump is even less inclined than Bush to muck around with visa requirements.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2015 6:45 PM

[quote] [R9], Trump has been the least interested in fucking around in the middle east out of all the Republicans and probably the Democrats (except Bernie). His whole platform is we should have a strong military so we don't have to use it and we shouldn't spend our money being the world's police.t

1. Trump is not qualified to be president.

2. Whatever Trump may claim his level of interest to be; it won't change our historical relationship with the countries in that region or our dependence on middle eastern oil.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2015 7:34 PM

[quote]The only way to have prevented 9/11 would be to have deported all the right-wing Zionists and refusing to issue a security clearance to anyone with Zionist leanings,

[quote]The Muslims were framed for 9/11. It's as plain as the nose on your face that it was an inside job.

surejan.gif

by Anonymousreply 14June 28, 2020 7:48 PM

Oh look the 2015 thread bumper is back.^^^^^^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 15June 28, 2020 7:52 PM

That's his mirror talk: "I am extremely tough. I AM tough. I am TOUGH." Then he practices his fetching "don't fuck with me" moue. The one he did when he stood on stage with those bikers.

by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2020 8:18 PM

I've mentioned this several times and I will say it again: If the Bin Laden family came to Trump with a business deal ON 9/11 even while the site was smoldering and no one found out, he wouldn't hesitate to get in on the deal. Not for a second.

His racism and bigotry are NOT "patriotism" no matter how full of hate many of you are. Bounty on the heads of American soldiers, but he's fucking white under the orange coating, so he gets away with being a traitorous parasite who could not care less of this country. Money is his god, his country, his only love.

by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2020 8:32 PM

OK Sacha Baron-Cohen, you've practiced for years, now we need you for the sting operation of a lifetime. You need to entice DT into agreeing to the most unpatriotic deals imaginable.

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2020 6:40 PM

9/11 was able to happen because before 9/11 people were allowed to carry guns, knives, etc on to planes. Nobody batted an eye at weird behavior in the airport and on planes. Nobody thought twice about the danger that allowing people to bring weapons and shit on to planes could present.

Honestly it's a miracle more incidents like 9/11 didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2020 6:45 PM

He initiated a 90-day Muslim ban. It was supposed to be for 90 days until we figured-out “what the hell is going on”, as he said. The courts delayed the ban for more than 90 days, before it was activated.. During that period, he should have had people studying the issue, and reporting back, but he did not. He did nothing. It was just a shameful stunt.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2020 7:09 PM

Saudi Arabia was never part of the travel ban so nothing about Trump's ban would have any impact on 9-11.

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2020 7:14 PM

Hey, kids! I have a bright and fresh idea for our president today. Instead of mentally masturbating about the past, pick one, just one topic, and I know it's hard for a multi tasker like our Donnie. One topic that's occurring TODAY. Ta-da!

It always worked for my hyperactive four year old nephew when his mom was too junked out to refill his speed meds...

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2020 7:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!