Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends: bomb shelters

How expensive is yours?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2021 7:57 AM

It is time to sharpen the guillotines.

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2015 9:43 PM

The Twilight Zone showed 60 years ago why these are pointless to build.

I don’t want to survive the apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2021 12:27 AM

I would donate to a writer to come up with the $35k. They could write an in depth story about the application process.

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2021 2:58 AM

I think that there was a long article about this phenomenon a few years ago in the New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2021 3:54 AM

A nuclear bunker would have to built at least a mile underground and heavily reinforced in order to withstand a blast. It would take nearly a year for radiation from a 10 kiloton bomb to completely clear. People on lots of medication or with severe physical or mental health issues wouldn't fair well without enough medication stockpiled or proper medical attention.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2021 4:19 AM

If surviving the apocalypse means spending $35,000 in today dollars in order to live in a dorm that looks like a late-70s Marriott with 30 or so other paranoiacs, I'll take my chances with the asteroid, thankyouverymuch.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2021 7:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!