Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amy Schumer on SNL

Hollywood is so sizeist... blah blah blah... women are forced to be thin.... blah blah blah...

by Anonymousreply 39January 27, 2021 4:49 AM

Hear, hear!

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2015 6:42 AM

Beck Bennett has lost weight and is gorgeous now.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2015 6:46 AM

Vanessa Bayer seems to have absorbed the weight Beck lost.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2015 7:02 AM

I can't stand the guy but that comment made by Ross Perot rings true.

Show me a fat person and I'll show you a lazy person

Being lazy isn't a sin but it has its repercussions.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2015 7:59 AM

"Now, everybody knows your coon dog isn't gonna be able to build you your backyard gazebo unless he's got a gallon of Hershey's syrup and an air-pop popcorn popper, all right?"

Perot was more batshit than Sarah Palin and Ben Carson put together. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2015 8:29 AM

Torture, had to turn it off. And I don't blame Amy, nobody can be funny on that show. The comic tone just irritates me, I haven't watched it regularly since the 90s. Mad TV was better until it started going off the rails. Amy's certainly funnier on her own show. I won't be back next week.

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2015 9:26 AM

I watched a few clips online, and SNL just seems to suck the funny out of otherwise funny performers. Inside Amy Schumer is hysterical, but Amy on SNL wasn't funny at all - the sketches I watched were so lame.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2015 11:39 AM

I thought she was terrific. Her as Mary Lincoln had me hollering. One if the best hosts in a long time. Aidy Bryant was also good last night.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2015 2:56 PM

In the last skit, about the baby shower, one of them said that her 'nards' were missing from her purse. WTH are nards? Google was no help.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2015 3:05 PM

I thought it was a pretty good show. I just watched it on HULU

If it was this good consistently, I'd be a regular watcher again.

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2015 3:34 PM

Ewwww she's a yucky girl. Right OP?

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2015 3:37 PM

Her opening monologue was extremely funny.

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2015 3:43 PM

Mad TV was way funnier than SNL.

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2015 3:44 PM

R9, Not nards. Nars. A cosmetics brand.

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2015 3:49 PM

It was funny, but not FUNNY - something is wrong when a show with one of the most consistently funny women around today pales in comparison to last week's episode with Miley Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2015 3:53 PM

Barely any leaner Beck Bennett or sexy new guy in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2015 4:22 PM

Beck Bennett gets NOTHING to do on the show.

by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2015 4:25 PM

THe gun sketch, the airplane sketch, and theLincoln sketch were hilarious. I love it when they do the Fox News shit, too. They have some good cast members or maybe I'm just used to them now, but I enjoyed the show in spite of not being an Amy Shumer fan.

by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2015 4:37 PM

Opening monologue was great, everything else sucked .

by Anonymousreply 19October 11, 2015 5:08 PM

I think it's better now than it's been in quite a while. Not nearly as good as it was when it was at its peak, but far better than the Andy Sanburg/Kristin Wiig era when everything was a game show or talk show parody, or one unfunny joke repeated for six minutes.

And I do love their take on "Fox & Friends."

by Anonymousreply 20October 11, 2015 5:21 PM

There was also the segment about guns during Update which was also very good.

by Anonymousreply 21October 11, 2015 6:50 PM

I think Colin Jost and Michael Che are starting to gel on Weekend Update.

by Anonymousreply 22October 11, 2015 9:43 PM

A pox on both their houses.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2015 5:56 AM

I thought the baby shower sketch and the flight attendant sketch. I've seen much worse eps of SNL.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2015 3:06 AM

[quote] Being lazy isn't a sin but it has its repercussions.

Actually, sloth IS one of the seven deadly sins.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2015 3:11 AM

My turn to be contrary. what the hell is the appeal of Amy Schumer? She might be funny but she shure is asswipe on this rerun episode. I was so looking forward to the Tracy Morgan episode from two weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 26November 1, 2015 4:00 AM

R26:

I DO believe that is the first time in the history of civilization that ANYONE has ever used the words "looking forward to" and "Tracy Morgan" in the same sentence.

by Anonymousreply 27November 1, 2015 4:09 AM

dude I get it you don't like SNL since the late 80's and you also don't like Tracy Morgan. but yeah, glad to announce myself preferring his rerun that didn't happen over the Tracy Schumer rerun. just my thing. and it was a silly thing in my head to call Amy Tracy. I am usually not this gay acting but I got my boyfriends ironing done and I have drank 6 beers.

by Anonymousreply 28November 1, 2015 4:29 AM

R26 , you're out of your mind. As seldom as it is for SNL to have an actual stand-up comedian host, Shumer and Morgan were in totally different leagues. Shumer's monologue was one of the best I remember seeing, Morgan's (with understanding given to his physical condition) was like waiting for your great-uncle Dave to finish the blessing at Thanksgiving dinner.

by Anonymousreply 29November 1, 2015 4:32 AM

yes I am out of my mind. it is a great place to be. but I still find Amy Schumer annoying as fuck. but then again, I have often liked being in a minority. so go figure. You are right, bud.

by Anonymousreply 30November 1, 2015 4:47 AM

Can't stand Amy Schumer. She seems like she'd be a mean drunk with those beady eyes and her piggy snout.

by Anonymousreply 31November 1, 2015 10:21 AM

Really unfunny. Her ideas are funny, but not her execution. Her ti ming ucks and her punch lines are predictable.

by Anonymousreply 32November 1, 2015 10:44 AM

They want Amy, who is a slob, a pig really, to be our Joan Rivers, but they miss the whole point of Joan Rivers. If Joan were alive she would call Amy a pig. You know she would. Amy's schtick, being drunk, getting drunk, drinking, etc. it gets old fast. Joan was into celebrity, social prominence, fashion, and she lampooned everyone, and mocked pretentiousness.

by Anonymousreply 33November 1, 2015 1:05 PM

How much control does Lorne Michaels have? I feel like there's this cap that's placed on their creativity. Or, people got fucked over so many times on SNL that true comics don't want to go on there as castmembers.

There are a few people in that cast that could be axed.

We had a thread about how many great comics were sidelined during their SNL seasons in favor of some appointed hacks.

by Anonymousreply 34November 1, 2015 1:12 PM

Aye, but the blessing is Joan Rivers is mercifully dead while Amy Schumer lives.

by Anonymousreply 35November 1, 2015 1:13 PM

R26 r28 r30, you type straight.

by Anonymousreply 36November 1, 2015 1:55 PM

I thank you, cuz I sure try to type straight.

by Anonymousreply 37November 1, 2015 5:50 PM

South Park had her number.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 27, 2021 4:28 AM

R4, you do know Ross Perot was wrong, don't you? Unless you're an elite athlete, exercise contributes relatively little to weight control.

To the extent that it's within a person's control, it's all in the diet. It's about self-discipline, not activity. Fat people are more likely to be sad, anxious or depressed than lazy. Exercise might help them develop some endorphins that encourage them to keep going with weight loss, but if you think anyone can melt fat by sane levels of activity, without modifying a bad diet, you're deluded.

(Yes, I know, I type fat. That was hilarious the first 1,000 times.)

by Anonymousreply 39January 27, 2021 4:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!