Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

1962 Alcatraz Escapees lived in Brazil into their 80's?

Investigative detective found 3 sets of footprints leading away from the shore not to far away from where their discarded boat was found. There were also stories of 3 men who had hijacked a car that very early morning. Obviously Alcatraz prison officials wanted the truth covered up despite the fact the FBI harassed the relatives for years afterwards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 3, 2018 8:20 AM

Obviously nuthin.

They drowned.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2015 6:03 AM

Clarence Anglin was one hot daddy. (Is Mamma's mussy tingling, I wonder?)

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2015 6:51 AM

Clarence! Yum!

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2015 7:02 AM

OP there were several different events that could have contributed to their disappearances... including a mysterious boat that was waiting in the bay. All of these mysterious clues lead in different directions. An unauthorized boat.. a stolen car... life jackets found but no boat and no bodies.

They obviously made it but how? I'd bet it was the boat and the car. There were three of them. The brothers took off via the boat and Frank took off in the stolen car.

by Anonymousreply 4November 3, 2016 4:11 PM

I hope that they did.

by Anonymousreply 5November 3, 2016 4:17 PM

r5, why do you want dangerous criminals to go on the lam?

I think it's pretty obvious that they drowned, btw

by Anonymousreply 6November 3, 2016 4:20 PM

R6 Because Clarence was HOT! Who cares why they were in prison because he's a hot straight guy.

by Anonymousreply 7November 3, 2016 4:27 PM

Oh r7 🤗🤗 thank you child.

by Anonymousreply 8November 3, 2016 4:32 PM

The problem is, if they survived it's very unlikely that they stayed out of trouble afterwards. They had no hidden money or job skills to fall back on, so they probably would have returned to a life of crime and been caught (or at least identified) at some point over the last 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 9November 3, 2016 4:38 PM

You don't need to know the language for manual labor jobs. Maybe the became dishwashers or farm workers or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 10November 3, 2016 5:01 PM

The three that escaped were not exactly violent criminals. Two of them, the brothers, robbed a bank with a toy gun. The other, Frank, was in and out of prison for narcotics possession and armed robbery.

The two brothers supposedly made it to Brazil where they lived on and operated a farm.

And to the person upthread that says they think it was obvious they drowned, what makes it obvious?

No bodies were ever found and neither was the makeshift boat they used.

by Anonymousreply 11November 3, 2016 5:06 PM

Also, to the point that they would need to know the language, the brothers were studying a foreign language, I think it was Spanish or Portuguese. As far Frank, he was extremely smart with an IQ that ranked him in the top 2% of the population. I would imagine he could pick up another language quickly.

by Anonymousreply 12November 3, 2016 5:10 PM

R12 Well he wasn't that smart because he ended up in prison; smart criminals don't get caught.

by Anonymousreply 13November 3, 2016 6:05 PM

That's a ridiculous statement, R13.

by Anonymousreply 14November 3, 2016 6:08 PM

R14 The only ridiculous thing in this thread is your romanticized version of these criminals and some sad myth they escaped and started a new life. Get a reality check and lose the tin foil hat.

So you honestly think an intelligent criminal would land in jail? All that fantasizing about Clarence's cock must be going to your head and killing your rational thought process.

by Anonymousreply 15November 3, 2016 6:13 PM

Wow you really are stupid, R15. When did I say anything about Clarence's cock? I also never romanticized any version of whether or not they survived.

You are extremely ridiculous if you think intelligent people never get caught. You're also incredibly small minded to equate carelessness and intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 16November 3, 2016 6:22 PM

One thing is painfully obvious... R15 does not have a superior IQ.

by Anonymousreply 17November 3, 2016 6:23 PM

Here's something for the tedious R16... Frank was smart enough to escape and NOT get caught!

by Anonymousreply 18November 3, 2016 6:24 PM

R18 is meant for the tedious (and angry) poster at R15 not R16.

by Anonymousreply 19November 3, 2016 6:26 PM

LOL at the moron accusing me of having low intelligence yet can't even remember a simple number. A deranged, senile, bitter fangirl Eldergay with a petty grudge. I better watch out for claws.

R18 You really are thick as dog shit. Shame he wasn't smart enough to get out and live. If only he was smart enough to never land in prison in the first place.

R16 Calm down dear you're getting hysterical. Are you for real? Intelligent people purportedly in the top two percentile do not make careless mistakes like getting caught or aligning with a bunch of morons. Also whats with the pure fantasy of the guy learning another language? That is not fact. There is no evidence to support that. You keep making excuses where common sense and logic should prevail. You better have another ride on Clarry's cock before the dementia really kicks in and you can't fantasize anymore about it.

by Anonymousreply 20November 3, 2016 6:39 PM

Yes, angry one at R20.. intelligent people never get caught.

And again, you seem to be the one fascinated with prisoner meat as I'm not the one that's ever mentioned it. You however...

by Anonymousreply 21November 3, 2016 6:41 PM

I love how people are so far up their own asses they can only believe what they believe and therefore there is no other option!

by Anonymousreply 22November 3, 2016 6:42 PM

Someone isn't getting enough cock. That much is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 23November 3, 2016 6:44 PM

R21 What's your point? Ted Kaczynski was caught. You sound like another nutjob. An intelligent criminal would be the Original Night Stalker who has never been identified or caught.

R22 Sigh. Expert opinions have stated it is more than likely they drowned. It is not solely my opinion. FFS this thread is even tagged under Conspiracy theories. We will never know 100 per cent either way but most of the circumstantial evidence points to they died. Exactly where is your evidence dear? What exactly do you bring to the table to say they made it out alive? Yes that's right conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 24November 3, 2016 6:50 PM

Proving he is not of superior intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 25November 3, 2016 6:52 PM

Someone needs to pull the shank from out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 26November 3, 2016 6:53 PM

sigh.

by Anonymousreply 27November 3, 2016 6:54 PM

[quote]Ted Kaczynski was caught.

by Anonymousreply 28November 3, 2016 6:54 PM

[quote]We will never know 100 per cent either way

Exactly. And yet you're still tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 29November 3, 2016 6:57 PM

How long would it take the tide to take their drowned bodies out of the bay? It seems a bit odd that their bodies were never found.

by Anonymousreply 30November 3, 2016 7:01 PM

R30 a couple of months. That's one thing investigators found extremely odd. Pretty much every other bodies turn up on shore. None of the Escapees did. Bones showed up that they thought could be one of the three but DNA tests done years later made it clear it wasn't either of the brothers.

It's also strange the boat never turned up. The life jackets, paddles, and personal belongings showed up.. but not the boat nor the bodies.

by Anonymousreply 31November 3, 2016 7:05 PM

With Huckleberry Finn (or maybe it was Tom Sawyer), the authorities thought they might be dead, so they shot a cannon on the water, which is supposed to make bodies float to the surface. So why didn't they do that in SF Bay in '63?

by Anonymousreply 32November 3, 2016 7:09 PM

R29 You're the one flogging a dead horse. Go back and reread the entire thing. It is more likely they drowned FFS. The FBI was aware as early as 1965 they could possibly be in Brazil. They concluded it was BS. The only people keeping this alive are family members with a vested interest. Everything surrounding them living in Brazil is very convenient. The only guy that recognized them in Brazil is now dead. Why did he and the family not present this when he was alive. Why are there no independent third parties claiming they saw the men in Brazil. Honestly I hope you're not this stupid and gullible in your real life because it's a worry.

R30 Not at all. Currents and tides could have washed the bodies away. Of all the escapees of Alcatraz only one body has ever been recovered.

by Anonymousreply 33November 3, 2016 7:09 PM

What I've always found fascinating is that there were initially more people involved in the escape. One of them was asked to back out because he'd compromise the escape and the guy did. I find it surprising.

by Anonymousreply 34November 3, 2016 7:11 PM

OH, Shitty shoes.

by Anonymousreply 35November 3, 2016 7:12 PM

I love it when you get these people on DL who give you such a fascinating insight into who they are without even realizing it. It's as if you get a little glimpse into what the people around them get and again, the person is completely unaware of it.

by Anonymousreply 36November 3, 2016 7:14 PM

Oh Oh R35 Poo Shoes trying to deflect again. You're shit is tired.

by Anonymousreply 37November 3, 2016 7:14 PM

Yup, pretty much. It's also interesting to watch as they get angrier and angrier.

by Anonymousreply 38November 3, 2016 7:15 PM

[quote]You're shit is tired.

Says someone of intelligence! I was hoping you weren't that stupid in real life but sadly, I guess you are. I condole you.

by Anonymousreply 39November 3, 2016 7:16 PM

What I love most about the Escape is that there are no answers.

by Anonymousreply 40November 3, 2016 7:18 PM

Yep R39 Shit happens when you type fast.

by Anonymousreply 41November 3, 2016 7:18 PM

Someone of actual intelligence and who can type properly would never make that mistake. It's true.

by Anonymousreply 42November 3, 2016 7:21 PM

Just ignore the tiresome troll.

What I found most fascinating about the Island is how families lived there. I remember one of the guides talking about how children who went to school in SF and lived on the Island were allowed to bring friends back with them.

by Anonymousreply 43November 3, 2016 7:22 PM

Someone of actual intelligence wouldn't continuously get baited.

by Anonymousreply 44November 3, 2016 7:24 PM

[quote] I remember one of the guides talking about how children who went to school in SF and lived on the Island were allowed to bring friends back with them.

Can you imagine? "Hey mom, I'm going to hang out at Johnny's. He lives on Alcatraz."

"Okay, dear. Just don't get fucked by a prisoner and make sure to catch the last boat out!"

by Anonymousreply 45November 3, 2016 7:26 PM

How is someone who doesn't believe a conspiracy theory a troll R43?

by Anonymousreply 46November 3, 2016 7:33 PM

hahaha.

I know, right?

"Okay, be home for dinner. Don't get murdered. Have fun!"

by Anonymousreply 47November 3, 2016 7:38 PM

I watched the tv Special; and found the idea that they survived the escape plausible.

by Anonymousreply 48November 4, 2016 12:05 AM

R36 I think your point was proven.

by Anonymousreply 49November 4, 2016 12:27 AM

D.B. Cooper also lived with them in Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 50November 4, 2016 3:57 AM

I invited them all over for a weenie roast!

by Anonymousreply 51November 4, 2016 4:21 AM

[quote]Clarence Anglin was one hot daddy.

A little severe and Third Reichy looking but yeah, I can see the appeal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 4, 2016 4:26 AM

Looks better in color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 4, 2016 4:27 AM

The sex starved Eldergays are still fantasizing over some subpar rough trade. So basically this thread was created to say how hot Clarry was and to indulge one members tin foil hat conspiracy. Only on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 54November 4, 2016 4:33 AM

Not long ago I saw a PBS episode where people were trying to analyze the tides and direction of the waters in that area on that date based on historical records in an attempt to determine if the escape was a success.

They built a facsimile of the boat that the men built and left the island at the time and place they estimated that the men would have left.

They scheduled the test run of the "escape" with careful regard to the tides, etc and the day the men would have left, trying to duplicate the conditions as they would have been at the time of the real escape.

Apparently with today's greater knowledge of the timing of movement of the waters around Alcatraz, there would have been a very, very small window of time that would have allowed them to make land. But all conditions would have had to be perfect.

The men doing the test were not able to complete the journey in time before the tides, etc shifted.

Although they could not say positively that the 3 failed, the consensus after the test was that the escapees most likely were washed out to sea as the tides shifted.

This was from an episode of "Secrets of the Dead" called"The Alcatraz Escape".

by Anonymousreply 55November 4, 2016 4:57 AM

It cant help itself.

by Anonymousreply 56November 4, 2016 5:00 AM

There is more than one person discussing the possibility and I don't really understand why you're so invested R54 in bitching about people talking about it. What does it matter to you?

by Anonymousreply 57November 4, 2016 5:03 AM

You don't need to know the language for manual labor jobs. Maybe the became dishwashers or farm workers or something like that.

They could have become towel boys in a bath house.

by Anonymousreply 58November 4, 2016 5:27 AM

R57 It gets tiring that nearly every DL decends into but is the guy hot? Not to mention that because he was straight he was now one hunky piece of ass that deserved to escape. It's just indulging one sad man's fantasy and conspiracy theory. I'm also sure he was posting to himself at one stage continuing a conversation. It's pretty creepy.

Anyway what is your problem over it? Do you actually have anything to add to the conversation or are you just going to post from the peanut gallery and get in a huff. I'm sure you could mother another thread if you wanted.

R58 Sad, pathetic wishful thinking. Two newly arrived Americans would have stood out pretty well in Brazil in the 60s. They never made it. Even the FBI said so.

by Anonymousreply 59November 4, 2016 5:43 AM

[quote] I'm sure you could mother another thread if you wanted.

Funny someone could say the same about you. And again as someone already said above, why do you care? The fact that you keep railing against people who might think the guy is hot or cold think there is a possibility they survived by his etc. says a lot about you. But I imagine that you don't really understand that

by Anonymousreply 60November 4, 2016 1:20 PM

*could, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 61November 4, 2016 1:20 PM

They absolutely could have made it, especially if they had help that authorities were not aware of. There is no proof that they didn't make it. No bodies, so we will always be left to wonder.

by Anonymousreply 62November 4, 2016 1:37 PM

The 1962 escape from Alcatraz, "One of the greatest mysteries of the 20th Century. For every single piece of evidence that would suggest these guys died, there's another piece of evidence that makes it equally as strong that they survived."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 4, 2016 2:04 PM

I'm pretty sure you queens have already been warned that you are not to have an opinion or discussion on any of these ridiculous conspiracy theories nor are you to talk about who you might think is hot or not. Do not stray from my talking points and what I say is the definitive answer to this "mystery." I am telling you now so I do not have to tell you later.

by Anonymousreply 64November 4, 2016 3:40 PM

From media reports I've read over the years there's a lot of proof all 3 survived but the authorities would never admit it. One of the Alcatraz inmates received a pre-arranged coded post card stating "Gone Fishing" with no return address.

Yes they had accomplices on the outside to assist them in their quick trip to a remote farm in South America, and then they moved around several times. Payola always helps one meld into the background. So does marriage to the right families.

They purposely left some gear behind to imply they had drowned. Initially there were a few post cards to family members in another state which is why they were continuously hounded by law enforcement. IF the 3 had drowned relatives would have been completely left alone except for the notification of their death upon the initial escape. Supposedly undercover police showed up at a few funerals to see if any of the escapees would return. Of course they didn't do so.

They never outed themselves as by then they had children and grandchildren who would have been possibly harmed or at least bothered by authorities of either country. Doubt if their wives and girlfriends knew of their true identity. Best to trust no one.

by Anonymousreply 65November 4, 2016 3:41 PM

Who knows if they all drowned or not? But it's certainly funny how careless the Prison was. They didn't account for missing power tools, missing rain coats, and allowed one of the Prisoners to put up blankets, in effect giving himself a completely private, area to do God knows what.... and they let all of it happen over MONTHS. Not to mention that when the two brothers arrived at Alcatraz the Warden was warned not to let the brothers be celled together or close by because they were notorious for escaping.

Incompetence at its finest. It's no wonder they want to definitively say they drowned.

by Anonymousreply 66November 4, 2016 3:53 PM

I hoped they got free. 'Cause I can't stand to see nobody cooped up!!

by Anonymousreply 67November 4, 2016 3:59 PM

[quote]They never made it. Even the FBI said so.

Really? That's interesting since according to the FBI's website they clearly state:

[quote]The FBI's thorough investigation, which lasted for nearly two decades, was unable to determine whether the three men successfully escaped or died in the attempt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 4, 2016 4:03 PM

Of course the FBI would say that. To say otherwise would make them look like they are not doing their job.

by Anonymousreply 69November 4, 2016 4:14 PM

They were with Richard Speck when he was wearing a dress

by Anonymousreply 70January 3, 2018 8:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!