Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay lads, bros and twinks, tell us eldergays what it's like living with:

the attention span of a puppy

addition to electronic gadgets

constant need for "social" connection yet inability to live social events without an electronic filter

all the information in the world available at your fingertips but having the curiosity of a wooden plank

Well, tell us? What's it like?

PS - we do thank you for your progressive coolness on LGBTQ rights and for your environmental concern. We admire your skin tone as well.

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2022 3:42 PM

First tell us what iy's like to have the grim reaper hovering above you, gramps.

by Anonymousreply 1October 10, 2015 6:09 PM

What tables are being turned? Is this in answer to another thread?

by Anonymousreply 2October 10, 2015 6:10 PM

And gaybros, just because you're too tone-deaf to appreciate the greatness of Judy Garland does not impress me.

by Anonymousreply 3October 10, 2015 6:11 PM

OP, the amount of wrinkles and liver spots on you impresses me.

by Anonymousreply 4October 10, 2015 6:13 PM

Millennials are doomed

by Anonymousreply 5October 10, 2015 6:13 PM

Boomers are bald.

by Anonymousreply 6October 10, 2015 6:15 PM

Your ageist prejudices are not endearing.

by Anonymousreply 7October 10, 2015 6:15 PM

We are all young at one point. Most of us get old at some point. There is a commonality separated by time.

Why does the distinction become so divisive, especially with gay men?

by Anonymousreply 8October 10, 2015 6:17 PM

Eldergays who are bitter need to reevaluate and learn the joys of Schadenfreude as gay lads, bros, and twinks begin to age.

by Anonymousreply 9October 10, 2015 9:42 PM

I LOVE our DL eldergays.

by Anonymousreply 10October 10, 2015 9:48 PM

As are we all, R5.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2015 9:11 PM

I think you meant "addiction," not "addition."

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2015 9:17 PM

[quote] Why does the distinction become so divisive, especially with gay men?

Because sex.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2015 9:20 PM

[quote]Millennials are doomed

2043, this will be the reckoning day for them.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2015 1:54 AM

It's sad. I spend my life now being chased by desperate, dull, uninteresting millennials who crave something of the authenticity (experience, attractiveness, revenue, knowledge) many older guys have, and I can't stand to be around them.

When I was young the daddies knew their time wasn't wasted, and that something of gay and general culture would be nurtured by spending time with men from other generations. Not so, now. These young dullards expect to be entertained constantly, they're entitled and demanding, they're woefully uneducated even in the basics (and even if they're in doctoral programs), and they're dead in the eyes. It's like much of the human race is disappearing into selfish tech-addicted brain disorders. And they think we want them. Ugh.

And of course the youngsters (meaning men under 32 or so) don't get it at all. Rather like Down syndrome people don't have a clue what their lack of capacity entails.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2015 2:02 AM

[quote] These young dullards expect to be entertained constantly, they're entitled and demanding, they're woefully uneducated even in the basics (and even if they're in doctoral programs), and they're dead in the eyes.

That about sums it up.

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2015 2:09 AM

OK, I am one of those who hate being called eldergay. That said, I spent most of my career in education watching middle-class millennial kids getting increasingly insulated by their helicopter parents and the system I was in from reality. Kids starred in videos from the time they were born, were given certificates for achieving nothing and told they were the focus of the universe. Too many had little unstructured time and virtually no playmates with whom they just hung out. They were told computers were their future. They got shoved in front of a screen daily. No wonder so many of them lack social skills and interface with machines better than they do with live humans. Colleagues used to actually say that developing general knowledge was a waste of time. My generation's to blame.

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2015 2:41 AM

I never liked the sound of Judy Garland's voice.

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2015 4:31 AM

OP is a bitter old hag.

by Anonymousreply 19July 2, 2021 1:44 AM

R17 as with almost all modern problems, boomers made the mess in the first place and then acted shocked and appalled that things had become so messy. How on earth could that have happened?

by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2022 2:42 PM

She's at it again, Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2022 2:46 PM

Who be July Garland?

Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2022 3:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!