Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matthew Shepard

17 years ago from the DataLounge news archive wayback eldergay machine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 8, 2020 10:22 PM

Amazing how far we have come in 15 years. The beginning of the fight for civil unions and marriage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2015 5:21 PM

I said it before and I'll say it again: if they had executed Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson, they would never have been able to backtrack on their motive, and that crappy book about the murder never would have been written.

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2015 5:24 PM

Couldn't you come up with something to commemorate the 20th anniversary of DL?

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2015 5:29 PM

I also never forgot what Dr Laura said in response to his death. It was the first time I got angry enough to do something public. I firmly believe that people have a right to voice their opinions. However, when they are in the public domain, they must then be prepared for debate or consequences. Dr Laura stated that Matthew Shepard had left the bar that night to have sex and had died as a result. I was livid. How did she know that like many others, Matthew didn't just want company? And, even if people want sex, that's a reason to die? Her comment caused me to phone Xtra West. Although the editor wasn't in, the receptionist put me though and had me leave a message. I guess many others also did (Vancouver area). Matthew's death touched people but also caused some of us to finally realize that we had to do something. It wasn't enough...but people felt this loss. Here's a transcript of what that bitch said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2015 5:37 PM

R5 cheers whenever gay white men get beat up.

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2015 5:55 PM

Dr. Laura is so vile, R4. I forgot about that. We had a recent thread about her and I was shocked that we apparently have some gay fans of her posting (or trolling) here. Awful, hateful woman.

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2015 6:08 PM

I had already ignored R5.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2015 8:57 PM

Me too, r11. Obvious troll.

by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2015 9:06 PM

Don't get complacent. The gays in Weimar Germany thought they were in the catbird seat also.

by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2015 9:12 PM

Matthew Shepard died because he was a meth/heroin dealer and was probably killed to eliminate competition, and he owed higher up suppliers/dealers money, and he was not killed because he was gay. Shepard was also HIV+, a male prostitute, and into barebacking which means he did infect other people who were HIV neg and who had the unfortunate experience of having unprotected sex with him. But despite all of this I don't think that Shepard deserved to die the way he did.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2016 8:43 PM

Why has R5 been deleted? There was nothing particularly offensive about their post. I guess, the truth about this privileged, cis White man hurts. Why was he even made a martyr?

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2016 9:06 PM

Matt Shephard was both a meth dealer, and a prostitute. Of course people are going to deny this but it's pretty obvious when you do any research on your own. Even his own parents want to deny this about their own son. Matt knew his killers and they killed him not because he was gay but over cash, eliminating competition to sell meth in a small town, or because they thought he was going to get a delivery of meth and they could rob him of the large quantity of meth he supposedly had. But he did not deserve to die the way he did even if he was a meth addict dealer that also was a prostitute on the side, and was HIV+.

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2016 1:58 AM

Judy Shepard is a disgusting piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2016 2:03 AM

The misspoken reference to "eldergay" in references to Matthew Shepard reminds me that none of today's successes in obtaining and maintaining our human rights have anything to do with the preening twits who take everything for granted and contribute nothing.

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2016 2:14 AM

R18 White elder gays have contributed nothing. They were too busy fucking in bath houses spreading AIDS. You owe A LOT to the work of minority activists and millennials.

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2016 2:18 AM

Bathhouses did not spread AIDS. The main spread of AIDS was serial monogamy practiced by people like yourself.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2016 3:43 AM

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2016 4:35 AM

Where is the compassion? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2016 5:00 AM

Why do you feel that way about her R17?

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2016 8:09 AM

R17 I don't think she's a piece of shit but she does seem to believe that her son Matthew was completely naive and innocent or wants the media representation of him to be this way. Judy and her husband want to pretend that their kid Matthew was some nice, clean cut, perfect all American boy when the reality is he was not these things at all. He sexually abused two young boys as a teenager and got into using large quantities of alcohol, got into abusing meth, coke, and heroin, and became addicted to all of these drugs, wound up becoming a meth dealer and prostitute, wound up becoming HIV+, and was killed by people he knew and used meth and coke with not because he was gay but because he either owed someone money, or over being a meth dealer in a small town and that made him a target for competition. His parents didn't know what to do with him so when the family moved to Saudi Arabia he was sent to a boarding school, and they did the same thing for their other son.

by Anonymousreply 24July 4, 2016 3:56 AM

R24 She was a bad mother. Also a failure at the last few diets she's tried.

by Anonymousreply 25July 4, 2016 2:20 PM

Details about her being a bad mom R25?

by Anonymousreply 26July 4, 2016 6:16 PM

Linda is an attempt an antigay trannie troll of some kind.

by Anonymousreply 27July 4, 2016 6:18 PM

Lies lies lies R24. Matthew Shepard was 5 feet and 100 pounds and was not doing any of those things. He was raped in Morocco.

by Anonymousreply 28July 4, 2016 6:19 PM

Yes Matt was raped in Morocco; but the rest of R24's post is all true about Matt. He lost a lot of weight because of being addicted to meth.

by Anonymousreply 29July 4, 2016 6:22 PM

Don't feed the troll. I'm sure it already eats enough on its own.

by Anonymousreply 30July 4, 2016 6:24 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 31February 7, 2017 6:25 AM

What happened to Matthew Shepard was brutal and SO cruel. No one deserves that kind of viscous treatment. RIP, Matthew. You didn't die in vain.

by Anonymousreply 32February 7, 2017 3:44 PM

Thank you R32. no matter what he did or did not do, he did not deserve to die brutally at the hands of execrable subhumans. Peace.

by Anonymousreply 33February 7, 2017 3:50 PM

Matthew Shepard and his killers all were like that they would use meth and other drugs together and then have sex together, and Matthew Shepard was into meth, probably sold some of it as well, was HIV+ and was into sexually abusing kids as a teenager.

But despite all of this I don't think he deserved to be tortured and murdered.

by Anonymousreply 34March 17, 2018 5:43 AM

I’d also already ignored R5

by Anonymousreply 35March 17, 2018 6:00 AM

r5 does not show up in ignoredar.

by Anonymousreply 36March 17, 2018 9:33 AM

god bless u matthew

we will never forget u.

angel. angel. blessings..

by Anonymousreply 37March 17, 2018 9:36 AM

They must have deleted r5.

And that's mighty nice of you, r34. What church do you go to?

by Anonymousreply 38March 17, 2018 10:30 AM

Why can’t I see R 5? Oh, because I already ignored him. Troll.

by Anonymousreply 39March 17, 2018 10:51 AM

RT was written 2 1/2 years ago. It's doubtful he's on ignore anymore but rather was just deleted.

by Anonymousreply 40March 17, 2018 10:55 AM

Sigh. R5 was written 2 1/2 years ago, not "RT."

by Anonymousreply 41March 17, 2018 10:56 AM

We’ll just leave this here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 17, 2018 11:03 AM

I knew and was good friends with Matt and realize he was an imperfect person. Was he a drug user? Probably. Was he HIV+? Possible. Was he a drug dealer and prostitute? Highly unlikely. His parents were loaded. They gave him all the money he wanted and I never knew him to need to work. He was a beautiful soul and a good friend. It changed the course of my life, having a close friend killed in such a way. Most things in my life are now thought as before his murder or after.

by Anonymousreply 43March 17, 2018 11:10 AM

Why are so many people on this thread quoting that silly old book as though it's fact? Matthew is dead so they can make up anything about him. He's not here to defend himself. Of course the killers would make up a fake story to make themselves look less guilty. Nobody wants to be remembered historically as an ice cold, hateful, murderous bigot. And their friends and family could corroborate it to try and get their sentences lightened if it isn't seen as a hate crime.

I just find it too convenient all of this comes out years after the fact. If all of this was true they should've said it at the trial. These are violent psychopaths we're talking about. They can manipulate many people, including probably the author of this book. And people take their word as gospel.

by Anonymousreply 44March 17, 2018 12:10 PM

Re catbird seat in R13

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 17, 2018 12:47 PM

21 years ago. RIP Matthew. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 46October 8, 2020 6:38 PM

I was shocked to see that gay right winger Stephen Jimenez who wrote that hit piece masquerading as a book won a journalism award (along with others) for the revisionist history hit piece on Shepherd that aired on ABC. That report predated Jimenez's book, and both are trash.

It's interesting that law enforcement in Laramie stated after the book came out that the claims about Shepherd being some drug dealer were "laughable."

by Anonymousreply 47October 8, 2020 7:10 PM

Ouch. Something broke!

by Anonymousreply 48October 8, 2020 9:03 PM

r47 Let's burn Elizabeth Vargas in effigy tonight. I know just the place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 8, 2020 9:06 PM

Link doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 50October 8, 2020 9:22 PM

She would never have gotten bashed had she admitted to being a heterosexual woman trapped in a gay man’s body like all “gay“ “men“ are deep down inside.

by Anonymousreply 51October 8, 2020 10:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!