Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Was Princess Diana assassinated?

There has been speculations that it has been planned.

by Anonymousreply 105December 4, 2020 4:58 AM

No she wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2015 4:42 AM

Yes. Now will you please shut up about it?

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2015 4:43 AM

If an aspie OCD nursing student fails his exam, does Tom Hardy filming in an English forest hear it?

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2015 9:22 AM

Yes of course she was.

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2015 7:22 PM

No. She was much more damaging to herself alive than the manufactured saintly image in death. The banality of her death, not wearing a seat belt while being driven at speed by a drunk, makes people wonder if there was more to it. There isn't.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2015 3:30 AM

Yes, she was dating a Muslim guy at the time. That was not acceptable by the royal family for the mother of a future king.

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2015 12:56 AM

R5 is correct. All the royal family had to do was wait and she would have self-destructed. In a sense, it's probably best for Diana's legacy that she died when she did.

by Anonymousreply 7November 10, 2015 1:11 AM

Didn't she actually write something down and shared her concerns that hubby and/or some royals were planning a "car crash."

She was ruffling a few feathers plus Philip has a very low threshold for family 'commoners' bringing same to the Crown.

Bottom Line: Even JFK'S demise is still cloaked in suspicion - the public is only now beginning to consider there might have been more going on than imagined at the time.

by Anonymousreply 8November 10, 2015 1:13 AM

Oops "bringing shame" to the Crown.

by Anonymousreply 9November 10, 2015 1:15 AM

While all the medical reports were conclusive: Diana was not pregnant. You can only imagine the Royals fretting at the possibility of a Muslim half-brother or sister to the eventual King William.

by Anonymousreply 10November 10, 2015 1:19 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 11November 10, 2015 1:24 AM

Just to set the mood

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2015 1:26 AM

No. She died of her own stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 13November 10, 2015 1:37 AM

Yes, she was assassinated.

by Anonymousreply 14November 10, 2015 2:23 AM

r14 Based on what clues?

Charles was done with her. So was the Royal Family I can pretty much guess. She had all the freedom to do exactly as she liked.

She lost her big title but kept "Princess."

by Anonymousreply 15November 10, 2015 2:32 AM

Here's a clue for you, R5, they bypassed many hospitals to take Diana to one further from the crash site. They kept her waiting outside the hospital for as long as they could too. The crash was coordinated and Diana survived it. After that it became essential to prevent her from receiving extraordinary life-saving care. Diana was left to die waiting for help that was withheld until it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 16November 10, 2015 3:09 AM

I meant R15, not R5. Sorry, R5.

Diana had to go because the War on Terror - more succinctly, the War between Judeo-Christian and Muslim cultures was scripted to begin in the near future. Diana could not be allowed to marry Dodi al Fayed and produce Muslim half-siblings to William and Henry. She was in over her head. She took up with Dodi to spite the Windsors and she sealed her doom with her foolishness.

by Anonymousreply 17November 10, 2015 3:14 AM

Thanks r16. Not an expert here by any stretch meaning I did not follow the official inquest that was eventually held in London on all events/issues surrounding her death.

But I very vaguely recall some 'dispute' or issue of differing health care philosophies or emergency medical treatment processes when at the scene of a collision.

It seemed that some countries or jurisdictions vary their emergency treatment approaches. Most paramedic services seem to adopt the thinking tst however serious the injury may be, the idea is to get the injured person (s) to a hospital ASAP. Other places, such as France, have adopted the policy of tending to/stabilizing a critically injured person before putting the injured into truck (especially if the person has suffered a catastrophic event).

The thinking revolves around the 'golden hour' concept where paramedics have only minutes òr seconds to ensure that the car crash victim has the physical capacity to withstand a 'bumpy' and several minutes long dash to emergency.

Apparently, Diana was in such a grave condition en route to the hospital, that the truck had to stop several times to ensure she could even survive a few minutes' trip to the medical Centre.

I just found that difference in policies quite interesting. I think it was when she was being transported, and starting coughing blood, along with having cardiac arrests, they realized that her wounds or car crash

by Anonymousreply 18November 10, 2015 4:00 AM

R18 here "her wounds were of such a nature that she had to be revived or stabilized" just for that journey to the hospital.

I also vaguely remember the choice made with regard to the hospital as well meaning they had to get her to the hospital in question for a specific reason.

I am just 'playing devil's advocate.' I vaguely recall parts of the inquest were not made public. So lots of issues as you r27 pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 19November 10, 2015 4:15 AM

Meant to say as "you R17 pointed out." ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 20November 10, 2015 4:17 AM

R17 Didn't she take up with Dodi to make Dr Kahn (sp?) the heart surgeon jealous and not so much to spite the Royals? She was still getting over her split with the surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 21November 10, 2015 4:21 AM

Doesn't matter -- you should be PMBT.

by Anonymousreply 22November 10, 2015 4:36 AM

Assassinated, no. She and Dodi simply choose poorly when hiring a driver. They were just asking for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 10, 2015 5:57 AM

R23 Their driver wasn't the reason they were "just asking for it". The ditzy bint wasn't wearing a seatbelt. THAT is the reason she was "just asking for it".

by Anonymousreply 24November 10, 2015 6:12 AM

Is this post from 1997? Is DL having glitches?

by Anonymousreply 25November 10, 2015 6:17 AM

She was too damn dumb to live

by Anonymousreply 26November 10, 2015 6:19 AM

Where the Princess Diana dead scream goes, this must follow:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 10, 2015 6:40 AM

She was never going to marry Dodi. There was a letter to one of her friends (can't remember who but possibly Rosie Monckton) where she stated that it was just a fling. She wasn't pregnant, that was a rumor put about by the odious Mohammed Fayed after her death. She was publicly self destructing and had started to become a punchline to jokes. She wasn't wearing a seatbelt while in a car driven by a drunk.

The French practice of stabilising at the scene before transfer was well established long before the accident. She courted publicity and would tip off paps about where she was going, why be surprised when they chased her? Fame is a double edged sword. There is no mystery.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2015 11:04 PM

R27 This is the most DL video ever.

by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2020 8:12 PM

Yes, and Elvis is living in Argentina with Hitler and JFK

by Anonymousreply 30November 27, 2020 8:20 PM

Without a shadow of a doubt assassinated. She was about to give the names of all of the heads of the Arms Companies in the World and name the people who secretly profit from the sale of Arms. That's why she was eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 31November 27, 2020 8:20 PM

2015 cunt @ R29 is really on a tear today. Take your pills, Defacto.

by Anonymousreply 32November 27, 2020 8:24 PM

LOL R31; a simple google search will give you the names of the heads of all the arms companies in the world. Do you actually believe that MI6 doesn't already know them? Do you really believe Diana did? Do you really imagine that she was intelligent enough to even care?

by Anonymousreply 33November 27, 2020 8:34 PM

So left a hotel where she might have stayed the night and got into a car with three other people and tore at top speed through a tunnel, pursued by photographers.

That was the luckiest ham fisted plot in history, if she was assassinated.

by Anonymousreply 34November 27, 2020 8:37 PM

It’s evening in Europe, where DeFecto lives. It’s the time of day when it habitually attacks DL with 2015 bumps and other garbage. But it’ll be gone soon - it has a busy day of pushing trolleys around the Aldi car park tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 35November 27, 2020 8:40 PM

So for this assassination to work Diana had to be persuaded not to wear a seatbelt, the driver who crashed the car had to agree to high speed drunk driving and the car that hit them had to be able to know exactly the speed and trajectory the other car was going to go in order that death would happen. Seriously, think about it. If they wanted to bump her off there were far easier and more certain ways to go about it. Not everything is a conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 36November 27, 2020 8:51 PM

R33 She knew the names of the British MPs and Aristocrats the Ex Presidents and Senators and Educational and Religious Institutions and Banks that profit greatly from investments in the Manufacture and sale of Arms Internationally and who NEVER want world peace. These people are not listed and have security screens to ensure we have no idea who they are as we would be horrified at who is involved..

by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2020 8:52 PM

R34 exactly! Even Gavrilo Princip never got that lucky!

by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2020 9:02 PM

R37 She did?

by Anonymousreply 39November 27, 2020 9:03 PM

Who was pursuing the car? Paps really?

by Anonymousreply 40November 28, 2020 1:01 AM

Of course she was.

by Anonymousreply 41November 28, 2020 1:06 AM

[quote] . . . the public is only now beginning to consider there might have been more going on than imagined at the time.

r8, Are you daft? Large numbers of the public have doubted the official explanation since the very day of the assassination. The official Commission on the assassination only increased the number of doubters.

by Anonymousreply 42November 28, 2020 1:36 AM

It took the ambulance over 4 hours to get her to the hospital. The hospital was 1.5 miles away.

The scum Paul Burrell produced a letter in Diana's handwriting that said that if she were to die in a car accident, Charles would be behind it.

by Anonymousreply 43November 28, 2020 1:45 AM

There's no way to know conclusively, OP

In high-profile murder cases, well-meaning meddlers often prevent authorities from assembling evidence needed to reconstruct what happened.

Diana's accidental death in a Paris tunnel raised legitimate questions. Enough for the Mossad, who was tracking her paramour, Dodi Al-Fayed, to become suspicious. Yet, Dodi's father, Mohamed Al-Fayed, hired private investigators and others who spread outrageous conspiracy theories based on flimsy or fabricated evidence. So, today her accident is impossible to investigate completely.

All we are left with is a camera in the tunnel not working that day, a missing Fiat Uno (seen by witnesses exiting the tunnel but never positively found) and a drunk chauffeur.

Was it an accident - probably. Beyond a reasonable doubt - IDK.

BTW, unofficial opinion of the Mossad. If they're suspicious, well....

by Anonymousreply 44November 28, 2020 2:03 AM

I keep telling my husband that she was.

by Anonymousreply 45November 28, 2020 2:13 AM

Is this the 2015 troll?

by Anonymousreply 46November 28, 2020 2:17 AM

I don’t put it past them, but my question would be why? Didn’t her death cause the Queen’s approval to experience a brief sharp decline?

by Anonymousreply 47November 28, 2020 3:43 AM

[quote] Didn’t her death cause the Queen’s approval to experience a brief sharp decline?

Yes, because most people then and now expect everyone else to immerse themselves in grief culture. They expected the Queen to collapse in front of Kensington Palace, beating the pavement with her fists, crying uncontrollably, and screaming Diana's name. Their unfulfilled expectations turned to anger.

by Anonymousreply 48November 28, 2020 3:55 AM

The only reason people like old man face Lilibet is because she has been around their entire Lives.

by Anonymousreply 49November 28, 2020 3:57 AM

It's funny. As you say, R49, it is going to be really quite odd once she's gone and there is another monarch on the throne. And I am definitely anti-monarchy, it's just she's been there my whole life, my parent's whole lives and a good part of my grandparents', and even a couple of great-grandparents' lives too.

by Anonymousreply 50November 28, 2020 4:01 AM

R49 She conveys a certain gravitas that Charles never will. But I think William could if he gets the chance.

by Anonymousreply 51November 29, 2020 8:11 PM

My mother wasn't even born when Liz became Queen. She's lived so long she's basically a monument.

by Anonymousreply 52November 29, 2020 8:13 PM

R20 - May I say this in the gentlest non threatening way to you and others. Why not proof your product before posting? It should be part of any email or online posting. I am a bit anal, I know, but I rarely have to do a second post if I proof read.

by Anonymousreply 53November 29, 2020 9:00 PM

If anything untoward occurred, William will ferret it out once he becomes king.  While he's mostly a Windsor in temperament, there's enough feisty Spencer in him to delve into this conspiracy theory when he's in charge.  Never underestimate how much most sons love their mothers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 29, 2020 9:24 PM

Yes, a boy's best friend is his mother.

by Anonymousreply 55November 29, 2020 9:41 PM

If she'd been wearing a seat belt she'd have survived the crash. The only reason people mistakenly believe it was an assassination is because Martin Bashir forged documents and told her that her life was in danger just to convince her to do the interview, so that's what she started to tell people.

by Anonymousreply 56November 29, 2020 9:46 PM

Martin Bashir is in a tough spot if it's proven substantively that he did what he did. If it's so he must be a psycho to have lived with the guilt this long anyway.

That interview was the reason the Queen ordered the divorce. It changed the course of history.

Would Diana have been in Paris that night? Would Candle in the Wind have been rewritten for Olivia de Havilland? Would Camilla have gotten her teeth fixed? All because of one journalist's lust to be the next Indira Hopper.

by Anonymousreply 57November 29, 2020 9:49 PM

Dodi was not hawt, which is unusual for an Arab. That was the real crime. Or tragedy if you like.

by Anonymousreply 58November 29, 2020 9:56 PM

R44 Why would Mossad be interested in Dodi? He was just a dumb coke sniffing playboy.

by Anonymousreply 59November 29, 2020 10:03 PM

"Well, I hope you're all happy with yourselves! It's all your fault she's dead! You did it to her!"

by Anonymousreply 60November 29, 2020 10:03 PM

She was killed by the Frogy EMTs.

by Anonymousreply 61November 29, 2020 10:41 PM

R54 Wouldn't count on that.

by Anonymousreply 62November 29, 2020 10:43 PM

R3 is very telling. It's as if the aspie nursing student/Tom Hardy obsessive/troll were still with us, all these years later, re-revealing herself as R29.

Could R29/Bump Bitch be PMBT? And could they both be ... ?

by Anonymousreply 63November 29, 2020 11:54 PM

Charles wasn’t legally able to marry Camilla so he did have the oldest motive in the world to have her killed.

by Anonymousreply 64November 30, 2020 12:03 AM

R63, I think the only aspie around these parts is you, flitting from thread to thread to whinge about bumping being a sign of something more sinister. I mean The Crown season 4 came out only last week, a season which focuses heavily on Diana and Charles and has been watched by millions, and then a poster bumps a thread here on Princess Diana. That doesn't seem at all an unreasonable thing to do, yet to you it's a sign of some massive conspiracy. Get help.

by Anonymousreply 65November 30, 2020 12:12 AM

Of course. The future King’s mom couldn’t be married to a MUSLIM. Can you imagine ?

by Anonymousreply 66November 30, 2020 12:14 AM

No. What would be the point?

by Anonymousreply 67November 30, 2020 12:25 AM

Suicide by willful stupidity, rich Egyptian, drunk driver, bright lights and no seat belt doth not an assassination make, OP.

by Anonymousreply 68November 30, 2020 12:35 AM

r59

Because his father Mohammed Al-Fayed was a typical sketchy Middle Eastern billionaire and because he was dating the Princess of Wales. Based on what I read, the Mossad had Dodi under routine surveillance, it was not a special operation. Moreover, 3 other intelligence services were also watching the couple.

[bold]MORE FUN FACTS:[/bold] The chauffer, Henri Paul, also doubled as a Asst. Director of Security for the Ritz Hotel in Paris. Owned by Mohammed Al-Fayed, many Arab characters, from armed dealers to Royalty to well-financed insurgents stayed at its luxurious accommodations. Henri Paul made extra money selling the guest list to the Mossad and providing access to private areas for installation of spying devices. The Mossad worked with him but was aware he had other customers. Not only other intelligence services and security firms but the PRESS AS WELL.

If a celebrity was staying at the Ritz, Paul sold that information as well as their itinerary to them. When Diana arrived at the Ritz w/Dodi, the press was already there. When they tried to dine, the press infiltrated the restaurant. Dodi told Paul he needed to go to a private residence and asked for the Mercedes to pick them up at a side door. They even sent a decoy couple out the front.

Yet when Dodi and Diana came out of the side door, the press was there in mass. The Mossad also knew Dodi and Diana left the Ritz, heading to a private residence by a specific route. The situation around the Mercedes was chaotic, so the Mossad's team swerved out of the tail and waited outside the tunnel. The Fiat Uno came out, but not the Mercedes.

As you can see, the situation appears more suspicious after taking into account the enterprising activities of [italic]Monsieur Paul.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 69December 1, 2020 5:11 AM

No Muslims must taint the royal family ok ? That was Diana’s sin.

by Anonymousreply 70December 1, 2020 6:46 AM

Wow. I'm now four years older than she was at the time of her death. I was seventeen when that happened.

by Anonymousreply 71December 1, 2020 7:44 AM

Are you 12?

by Anonymousreply 72December 1, 2020 7:59 AM

R70 Has it straight... sounds like a Brit is here

by Anonymousreply 73December 1, 2020 8:07 AM

I bet ole Libit wishes she had gotten a 2 for 1 deal after the hot mess Fergie has become. Maybe Lizzie got a buy one get one free deal and is just waiting for her MARKle to come back to England

by Anonymousreply 74December 1, 2020 8:21 AM

R74 YOU ARE DRUNK SIR

by Anonymousreply 75December 1, 2020 8:35 AM

The press must love that these conspiracy theories about her death continuously stick around - keeps everyone away from blaming them and their industry.

by Anonymousreply 76December 1, 2020 10:41 AM

Mohammed Al-Fayed HATES the royal family and believes they had Diana and Dodi killed. He had the royal warrants for Harrods destroyed and all members of the royal family are barred from entering the store.

by Anonymousreply 77December 1, 2020 11:00 AM

*were. He stopped owning Harrods nearly a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2020 11:39 AM

No, she’s still alive. She has extensive plastic surgery and is now called Mamacita and she lives in Montecito CA. She’s a maid for the Harkles now.

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2020 11:45 AM

And Pippa is now the Markles' nanny and is helping Meghan prepare a speech in Mandarin for the United Nations.

by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2020 11:49 AM

The BRF did this to send a very clear message to Dodi’s father: Don’t fuck with us! Diana just got in the way. She was collateral damage.

by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2020 11:54 AM

I heard Princess Diana gave birth during an alien invasion, is that true?

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2020 1:09 PM

Big Liz called in the hit. Nothing and no one gets in the way of the crown.

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2020 1:17 PM

Sure, a seatbelt would have saved her but I've never seen anyone wear a seat belt in a limo

by Anonymousreply 84December 1, 2020 1:21 PM

I don't think Diana's death is a binary issue: either the BRF did it or she didn't wear a seat belt. [bold]Diana's mistake was getting involved in the milieu of Mohammed Al-Fayed.[/bold] A closer look at this gentleman.

* Brother-in-law of Adnan Khashoggi, the notorious arms dealer. Got his start working for the Saudi.

* Continued association with arms dealers, despite attempts to burnish his image by buying prestige properties. (Landmines?)

* Worked with 'Papa Doc' Duvalier, early on.

* Started a shipping business, a favorite criminal sideline that can carry contraband, human traffic and facilitate money laundering.

* Helped set up Dubai, supplying construction and shipping services. (See other thread on Dubai)

* Obsessed with British respectability, he purchased the group that owned Harrods. He was investigated by UK govt for lying about his background, but under Thatcher, the govt did not charge him.

* Caught stealing papers and jewels by Scotland Yard. Settled case.

* Denied British citizenship.

* Involved in Cash-for-Questions scandal.

Mohamed Al-Fayed moved in the demimonde of "respectable criminals" associated with Arab oil wealth. It was no place for Diana. At the Ritz restaurant, the arms dealers at next table probably hated her. And IT GETS WORSE!

* Dodi was a Fredo - Dodo if you will. He asked an obviously drunk man, Henri Paul, who had left for the day and been called back, to chauffeur them and then ordered him to out run an army of paparazzi. Paul was not trained in high-performance evasion driving techniques.

* Paul brought the press with him b/c he told them where Diana was, what doors she was using and what route she was taking. After all, he was driving.

* Not only a petty crook, Paul was an Israeli informant.

[bold]TL:DR Diana's death arose from event cascade arising from Mohammed Al-Fayed milieu. Either M. Paul created a chaotic situation with the press that leaded to an accident OR it was a crime of opportunity. Someone, for their own reasons, saw the chaos and took the opportunity to cause an accident.

In the case of a crime, who is a better suspect? The BRF during Blair's tenure or someone from Al-Fayed's demimonde? [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 85December 1, 2020 8:05 PM

My latest theory is that the two men in front were both meant to survive the crash while killing diana and dodi. Deathproof style!

by Anonymousreply 86December 2, 2020 2:51 AM

Well, her bodyguard in the front passenger seat next to Paul did survive although he spent months in the hospital. He has always refused to give interviews on what happened.

by Anonymousreply 87December 2, 2020 4:27 AM

I thought it was v. classy and kind that the BRF invited Fayed to Diana's funeral. I think he already has that fking shrine up in the Harrod's window by then too and was telling every paper and newscaster that MI6 and BRF killed Diana and Dodi.

by Anonymousreply 88December 2, 2020 4:34 AM

Was Dodi really decapitated? Diana had practically no marks on her - all internal injuries.

by Anonymousreply 89December 2, 2020 4:35 AM

It's rumored that one of Lady Mary's jealous former suitors cut the brake lines on Mathew Crawley's automobile after she gave birth to Little Master Georgie.

by Anonymousreply 90December 2, 2020 4:43 AM

R88, that shrine! When I moved to the UK in about 2005 I remember going to work and one of the lawyers there asked me if I had done much sight-seeing. Amongst many other things, I mentioned I had been to Harrods and she was like: "OH MY GOD! Did you see the creepy Diana shrine?" I hadn't, but she was so insistent about how creepy it was that I went back for a look. If anything, she undersold it!

by Anonymousreply 91December 2, 2020 7:46 AM

Yes, Diana was killed by Prince Philip. Whilst he didn't cause the death personally he paid for the hit.

by Anonymousreply 92December 2, 2020 8:21 AM

Did he have her killed because she wouldn't put out for him or because he thought she was going to marry a sand n****r?

by Anonymousreply 93December 2, 2020 8:27 AM

R87 EXACTLY! Supports my Death proof theory

by Anonymousreply 94December 2, 2020 9:27 AM

R91 Tell me more, Tell me more!

by Anonymousreply 95December 2, 2020 9:31 AM

No, she wasn't, but it's useless trying to stop morons from seeing the BRF as caring that much.

If anyone but the drunk driver had some hand in it, even indirectly, it's Martin Bashir, who falsified documents claiming MI6 was planning to kill her to egg her on to do the Panorama interview. Which the stupid woman believed, and then got rid of the royal protection officers who would never have let her get into a car with a drunk driver. She was afraid they were MI6 and spies.

You lot are as stupid and gullible as she was.

by Anonymousreply 96December 2, 2020 10:51 AM

1. Why took so long to take diana to hospital? 2. Did seatbelts work?all of them? 3. What about that white fiat? Maybe it was a press and they didnt want to expose themselves because they would be blamed forever and they run away. 4. The bodyguard was ex MI5 5.How to cause an opportunity like that?

by Anonymousreply 97December 2, 2020 2:22 PM

Can someone comment on these two pieces of information I hold to be true? Are they in fact true?

1. Was there really, back when the Romans occupied Gaul, a temple dedicated to the Roman goddess Diana adjacent to the area where the accident occurred? Freaky coincidence, or a macabre detail implemented as a FU to the princess, if this really was all planned?

2. The ambulance Diana was in parked, within sight of the emergency room entrance, for 45 minutes. No attempt was made in that time to bring her inside.

by Anonymousreply 98December 2, 2020 2:53 PM

R98 I do recall a fuss about the ambulance at the time but i don't remember it being 45 minutes. I know they stopped a few times along the way and didnt go to the closest hospital. They do stop when they need to stabilize a person but i couldn't imagine 45 minutes outside emergency being normal.

by Anonymousreply 99December 2, 2020 3:03 PM

Is it any wonder that Harry opted out of this hot mess?

by Anonymousreply 100December 2, 2020 3:16 PM

[Quote]If anyone but the drunk driver had some hand in it, even indirectly, it's Martin Bashir, who falsified documents claiming MI6 was planning to kill her to egg her on to do the Panorama interview. Which the stupid woman believed, and then got rid of the royal protection officers who would never have let her get into a car with a drunk driver.

1000x. I believe there's a causal link between Bashir's forged documents and Diana's decision to call off her protection officers. He knew she was emotionally fragile and labile, given to strange ideation. AND he knew she was already primed to believe paranoid plots as she believed MI6 took out her former protection officer Barry Manakee. They supposedly got "too close" and he was reassigned. He died in a motorcycle accident.

Nevermind that reassigning to keep pesky love interests away without resorting to murder is a time honored royal tradition. Queen Mary sent some military officer off to Canada so her Albert could court Elizabeth Bowes Lyon unimpeded. Peter Townsend also got transfered to another faraway post once his relationship with Margaret became known. Victoria sent Edward VII off to Europe on diplomatic missions to keep him away from an unsuitable Irish lover.

I'm surprised this hasn't become a greater scandal. Bashir allegedly had some heart incident and has yet to answer. But he was seen carrying groceries on the street a day or two later.

by Anonymousreply 101December 2, 2020 5:15 PM

I am working on the Roman temple question....

by Anonymousreply 102December 3, 2020 10:54 AM

Yes, Meghan killed her.

by Anonymousreply 103December 3, 2020 11:23 AM

I cannot find evidence of a Roman Temple of Diana in the location of Place Concorde or Pont d'Alma. The Roman forum was some.distance away in the 5th arrondissement and would have been the centre of religious life as well. There likely was a Temple of Diana in Lutetia, but not at the spot of the crash or the Ritz.

by Anonymousreply 104December 4, 2020 12:50 AM

I’m still alive you guys! Livin in Croydon and me name is now Doris, has been since her maj told me: either die or stop farting. So I stopped letting off stinks and now I’m much more alive (and constipated).

by Anonymousreply 105December 4, 2020 4:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!