Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How much does looks play into your choice in dating partners?

I'm okay with average or slightly below average. It would be a bonus if the man I was was handsome but it is not necessary.

by Anonymousreply 4September 6, 2020 5:46 AM

I'm not sure how old you are, OP, but I'm a mature man. I'm 59 and looks are not very important to me because I have my pick of just about any guy I want. I think when you have that opportunity to have your pick of any guy, you take your time and look for more.

At my gym, most of the younger guys hit on me, cruise me, or follow me around. I'm not some old man to them who bothers them, I'm one one of their peers, one of their classmates, one of their fraternity brothers, work out partner -- we do selfies in the locker room mirror, hit the clubs, you know... we have fun...and they find me very appealing and admire me for all sorts of reasons. So, I have large selection of guys to choose from and because of that, I put less emphasis on looks and look for more inward rather than outward. Been there done that with the hot guys.

I would love to find just a sweet, unassuming guy.

by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2015 3:38 AM

LOL I assume R1 was a parody post.

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2015 3:45 AM

I'm not gonna date a guy I'm not attracted to, but I'm not going to lower my standards and date a jerk just because he's good-looking, either.

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2015 4:16 AM

R1 seems to wish he could date himself.

by Anonymousreply 4September 6, 2020 5:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!