Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Arrow, Season 4!

Anyone watch?

It was pretty decent. Nice cameo from The Flash there. I dunno, boring suburban life seemed to agree with Ollie.

Diggle really needs to get the fuck over it. He's being an asshole.

I still love Felicity.

And Laurel didn't annoy me.

YAY! NEW SEASON!

by Anonymousreply 332March 11, 2018 3:12 PM

Who's dead?!?

And Stephen Amell's fine boxer-clad ass was a treat.

by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2015 1:41 AM

It took a season for him to go from "The Vigilante" to "The Arrow". And now, after two additional seasons, he's FINALLY "The GREEN Arrow". New costume! WOOT!

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2015 3:06 AM

Who writes this dreck? A teen girl?

When was the moment the show went off the rails? Season 1 was a fun comic book show with solid direction. Now it's something completely different. A bloody mess. Practically everything about the show feels off. Olicity, their ridiculous "normal life". Amell's terrible acting. Joking between Ollie and Felicity. And that was just the first 5 minutes.

Who the hell gives a damn about a new suit when everything else has been pretty much destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2015 7:31 AM

Season 1 was actually pretty awful.

Season 2 was great.

Season 3 was okay at first, but awful for the entire second half. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2015 3:55 PM

It was fun to read comments on a big gaming/entertainment site (IGN) where multiple commenters said they hoped the one in the grave was Felicity. Obviously articles get thousands of comments there so only a portion of those guys dislike Felicity but I've noticed great hostility towards Olicity in earlier Arrow articles there.

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2015 4:02 PM

Fun review of the premiere episode on io9:

[bold]This Year, Arrow Is Determined to Kick Your Ass From The Very First Episode[/bold]

Arrow is back, and its first episode, “Green Arrow” is mashing all our emotional buttons! If you like sappy romance, it’s got you. If you like angsty bromance, it’s got you. If you like ladies being superheroes, it’s got you. And if you just want to figure out this season’s latest tragic mystery, it has got you.

More at the link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2015 7:07 PM

Arrow is chick show now.

by Anonymousreply 7October 8, 2015 7:12 PM

Uh, no, R7. It was pointed mockery and sarcasm and spoof if anything.

by Anonymousreply 8October 8, 2015 7:13 PM

Completely agree R4. Though I will say Season 1 got pretty good towards the end, it did start awful.

Season Two was overall the strongest season.

by Anonymousreply 9October 8, 2015 7:26 PM

New baddie Neal McDonough is the actor who was fired from a basic network series a few years ago - for not filming a sex scene because of his Christian beliefs, right?

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2015 5:11 AM

R10, that's funny considering he's got such a lewd looking face. And looking at his IMDb shows he's got no trouble doing pretty much extremely violent roles. Typical "Christian" hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2015 5:55 AM

I think, or at least hope, that the audience is misled to believe that it's Felicity who is going to die.

by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2015 1:07 PM

SPOILER ALERT

When and how did Ray Palmer die?

by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2015 3:31 PM

R13, not sure there's SPOILER ALERT needed but I'll put it here as well. Ray Palmer didn't die since he's one of the stars of the highly publicized(?) Arrow and The Flash spinoff Legends of Tomorrow. In the finale of season 3 he managed to shrink his suit which caused the explosion that totalled many floors of his building. Now people think he's dead but instead he's just really really small, i.e. his superhero name The Atom.

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2015 3:50 PM

... he didn't? He's in Legends of Tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2015 9:25 PM

I really thought Robbie Amel was going to be in Legends of Tomorrow... weird.

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2015 5:18 PM

I think robbie character is still alive and safe in another dimension.

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2015 5:32 PM

So there's a new black gay character for a one-episode bit part, but still, better than nothing.

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2015 12:31 AM

No r18 he's reoccurring

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2015 12:52 AM

That's nice, but definitely not a major character. A fun one, though.

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2015 4:11 AM

I think he's supposed to have or develop a BFF relationship with Felicity.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2015 4:35 AM

Olicity. This is what happens when you let fanGIRLS run the show.

It's still a mess but this week was better than the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2015 11:13 AM

I strongly dislike Olicity

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2015 12:36 PM

I *loved* the opening with them in boring suburban bliss. It was so surreal and hilarious. Obviously the best part of that was ENDING it though. :-)

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2015 1:16 PM

The crooks in the first episode who were firing semi-automatic weapons from the back of the truck at the two women following them on the motorcycle -- they should have ALL been put to death for being such incredibly lousy shots. Or maybe they were firing blanks? Either way, that was a particularly egregious example of people being able to escape being hit by zigzagging a little.

Laurel is still worthless as a character. Ridiculous that a few self-defense lessons from a boxer has turned her into a martial arts master who can take down multiple attackers. Thea is just as annoying but at least she was trained by Malcolm Merlin.

So tired of the smug young woman who's always behind Ollie getting shanghaied into special ops work. How in the world did she ever get that job? And why can't we be done with flashbacks?

I kind of liked domesticated Ollie. Who wouldn't want a little peace and quiet after all that? Or maybe I just like the thought of being able to roll around in bed with him a lot and not having to worry about him being killed.

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2015 2:27 PM

Can someone explain me the Olicity phenomenon? Seasons later, I still don't understand why it became such a big part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2015 2:36 PM

Yeah well domesticated Ollie is as annoying as any Ollie nowadays. Amell's bad acting skills really started to shine through last season when his character became unlikable. Why don't people at CW force him to take acting lessons?

The flashbacks aren't going anywhere. ***SPOILER*** According to the producer they will be about mysticism and possibly will involve Constantine. That probably would be the only way to make them interesting. I was sort of done with the flasbacks mid first season already.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2015 2:38 PM

I never could get into this show because of the Black Canary sonic cry wand or whatever, but that Stephen Amell Is foine. Just tasty.

Why did Colton Hayes leave the show? Someone promised him a future in movies or something?

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2015 2:43 PM

Constantine will appear in at least one episode this season. That's why they've introduced magic in the season opener.

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2015 2:47 PM

[quote]Can someone explain me the Olicity phenomenon? Seasons later, I still don't understand why it became such a big part of the show.

I assume partly because the show has a vocal female fan base that wanted that. Or the makers thought putting extremely liked Felicity together with Ollie would somehow create a super couple. A huge mistake. Judging by the comments many viewers started hating Felicity last season because she was suddenly just a whiney girlfriend. Even the actress has publicly said she hated all the crying she did last season.

The show has obviously had relationship elements from the start but they worked on a sort of comic book level. Olicity unfortunately was almost like a soap opera, like badly written fan fiction. They have a female producer running the show now (or I assume she's in charge but I'm not sure) and she was explaining in an interview some time ago that relationships are important part of Arrow. I couldn't help thinking they've been trying make the show more girl-friendly with all that stuff. I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2015 2:48 PM

[quote]Can someone explain me the Olicity phenomenon? Seasons later, I still don't understand why it became such a big part of the show.

Oliver is the lead character. He has to have a love interest. Stephen Amell and Katie Cassidy didn't have any romantic chemistry. Emily Rickards was popular and became the female lead of the show, so naturally you are going to put them together romantically. It is common sense.

by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2015 3:47 PM

Felicity has been a supporting character all the time, R31. Unfortunately for the actress when her screen time went up many viewers started hating her. Pairing her up with Ollie was not common sense at all since she had so many other functions in the show. Olicity is all about pandering to the fangirls, and I really mean the female viewers. Last season was an excercise of absolute stupidity from the producers and the writing team. Olicity was part of that.

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2015 4:04 PM

*exercise in

by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2015 4:17 PM

It's funny how Felicity was supposed to be a one episode guest character. We could have had it all.

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2015 6:00 PM

Felicity herself is usually ok, it's Olicity I'm having trouble with. Last season as a whole was fairly terrible, though. Olicity might've worked if it was done correctly but many things went wrong last season. I did like Black Canary and the guy who trained Laurel, though. Too bad he had mere minutes of screen time. It's weird they gave Black Canary her own theme music but have played it like 20 seconds altogether.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2015 6:41 PM

What happened to palmer?

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2015 9:30 AM

I'm confused about that too. My memory must be going because I don't understand why everyone thinks he's dead...

Clearly he's not, because he'll be in the show The Legends of Tomorrow premiering soon....

by Anonymousreply 37October 19, 2015 12:58 PM

[quote]Olicity might've worked if it was done correctly

In your opinion what is correctly?

by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2015 1:03 PM

From what I remember at the end of last season Ray Palmer was working in his lab on the suit and had an accident and shrunk himself.

Everyone thinks he is dead, but he is just tiny (he is "The Atom" after all)

[quote]Olicity might've worked if it was done correctly

I agree last season it was problematic, but this season the Oliver/Felicity relationship I think has been working very well. In general I think this season is off to a fairly strong start, I think they have taken a lot of the complaints about last season to heart. But we will see if that lasts.

by Anonymousreply 39October 19, 2015 3:59 PM

This is some Ant Man bullshit right there

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2015 8:07 PM

The Atom came before Ant-Man.

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2015 8:09 PM

If i remember right, the atom hanged out with the flash all the time in cartoon and comic

by Anonymousreply 42October 20, 2015 6:54 AM

I am so over Nanda Parbat.

by Anonymousreply 43October 22, 2015 12:14 AM

So the gay black guy seems like a normal character addition... he's now in on the secret.

His name is Curtis. I really like him. I hope he sticks around.

by Anonymousreply 44October 22, 2015 12:58 AM

But will he be a regular all season long? I'd love to see him as an addition to the crew... he has mad skillz.

by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2015 6:48 PM

[quote]he's now in on the secret.

Anyone who has ever seen Oliver Queen (and the character is a famous billionaire who made news for coming back from the dead), should know Oliver Queen is Green Arrow.

When he did that broadcast in the season premiere his face was absurdly visible (I know, comic book show). But really I think it would have been a bold choice for the show to completely give up the whole secret identity aspect.

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2015 6:54 PM

I loved Felicity laying the smack down on Diggle for him to get the fuck over it and get back to being best bros with Ollie.

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2015 8:57 PM

R47, that was so embarrassing, like most of the show now is. It's a Felicity show, a show more and more made for girls.

Arrow, a chick show.

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2015 11:57 PM

Oh please, R48.

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2015 12:24 AM

Well I can be disappointed if I want to R49. The show's a bloody mess, has been since the beginning of season 3. Felicity was ok as a supporting character with not too much airtime on season 1. For some reason she's practically now almost the main character which is just mind-boggling. Obviously that's just one of the problems the show has. But I'm not a 13 year old girl so I'm aware I'm not in the target audience.

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2015 12:34 AM

You're so full of shit.

I'm about as far from a 13 year old girl as you can get. And I think Felicity is great, and I love the show... it's just fun.

I think you take yourself too seriously. Trust me, nobody else does.

by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2015 12:40 AM

Well aren't you a little cunt R51. Are you the same person who hates Laurel and keeps attacking people who like her? I don't go for the personal insults easily but since you don't have problems doing that I guess I shouldn't have either.

by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2015 12:43 AM

And another person ignored. Thanks R52 for letting me know none of your posts are worth my time.

Now, back to a discussion of the SHOW. From people who aren't completely full of shit and thus hell-bent on shitting all over it for no good reason.

by Anonymousreply 53October 23, 2015 4:31 PM

I actually felt that Felicity had the best chemistry with The Atom. They were natural and really fun together. Somehow, Oliver alone seems like a natural state.

by Anonymousreply 54October 23, 2015 4:35 PM

There are plenty of reasons to dislike Arrow. Never thought it's the fluffy The Flash that ends up being more stronger one of the shows.

by Anonymousreply 55October 23, 2015 4:38 PM

Agree, R54.

by Anonymousreply 56October 23, 2015 6:25 PM

I think ray has something to do with her phone messing up

by Anonymousreply 57October 24, 2015 12:36 PM

Interesting notion, R57...

by Anonymousreply 58October 24, 2015 5:11 PM

I have to admit that I'm really worried that either Felicity or Diggle are going to be dead. But then I thought, what if it's Roy. What if they kill my Colty?

by Anonymousreply 59October 24, 2015 5:17 PM

At this point wouldn't it make sense that the one who dies is Thea? Thea needs to kill others in order to keep her rage (and urge to kill) in check. No way Oliver / the Green Arrow is able to sweet talk his sister into becoming her former "not wanting to kill everyone" self.

by Anonymousreply 60October 24, 2015 5:35 PM

Have always watched it for Amell's shirtless scenes but now I think I've seen enough. Can't stand Thea with her chain-smoking ciggy voice or Laurel, who is the most inexplicable super hero ever. And I guess her dad has now gone over to the dark side?

by Anonymousreply 61October 24, 2015 9:23 PM

I guess Constantine is on NEXT week, not this week?

by Anonymousreply 62October 28, 2015 3:49 PM

TARA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 63October 29, 2015 4:50 PM

Tara Thornton aka Rutina Wesley as Lady Cop.

She does bad ass well. I have a feeling we'll be seeing her again since in the comics she works with the Atom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 30, 2015 10:39 AM

The gorgeous stud younger brother (Parker) from Enlisted is on!! DAMN!

And tonight is Constantine's appearance!!!

by Anonymousreply 65November 5, 2015 12:03 AM

I miss Constantine.

I like the way they wove him into the Arrow mythos.

I hope he comes back.

Fuck NBC for canceling the show, and FUCK the CW for not picking it up from them.

by Anonymousreply 66November 5, 2015 1:49 AM

.... and fuck them both for not even remotely acknowledging his bisexuality ... even making a point to have him talk about how hot the women were on the show!

by Anonymousreply 67November 5, 2015 3:51 AM

Well, there's that too.

by Anonymousreply 68November 5, 2015 4:06 AM

A good episode. I know there are some very vocal Laurel haters here but I've always liked her. It was great to see Ollie and her hug. If only Tommy was still there.

Constantine's afterlife wasn't nearly as impressive as it was in the movie. I refused to watch the tv show because Goyer was in charge. No idea if the 'hot women' comment was meant as a dig for people demanding him to be bi but it was annoying. Like was the fact they refused to show Matt Ryan touch Amell's bare skin. If I didn't know I might think the showrunner is a homophobe. I remember two years ago when guys from various tv shows were on stage at some Con and someone asked Stephen Amell to show his abs. Matt Ryan was sitting close to him and he turned his head away from Amell's abs. I took notice because the non-bi Constantine conversation had been going on before that. Probably nothing but it's easy to read meanings from the smallest things when you try to decide is someone homophobic or not. Ryan could obviously be gay himself.

Still, it was a good enough episode. Season 3 almost destroyed the series so I've had to lower my expectations quite dramatically to be able to enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 69November 5, 2015 8:03 AM

Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim told Deadline that Constantine's visit was a one off and there are no plans to bring him back.

by Anonymousreply 70November 5, 2015 4:04 PM

Well that sucks.

by Anonymousreply 71November 5, 2015 7:43 PM

It does suck

by Anonymousreply 72November 5, 2015 8:13 PM

Constantine appearing, and really this entire plotline about reviving Sarah was all just a plot device for "Legends of Tomorrow"

by Anonymousreply 73November 5, 2015 8:17 PM

Arrow Ratings Rise With Constantine Guest Appearance

While most shows saw a ratings decrease on Wednesday night, Arrow was one of the few shows that showed a ratings increase. Arrow’s ratings rise was likely driven by a guest appearance by Matt Ryan reprising his role as Constantine from the canceled NBC series.

Arrow scored a 1.0 rating in key demographics and 2.57 million viewers. This was a 10% increase over the previous week, which saw a 0.9 rating for Arrow. The 1.0 rating is just short of the season 4 premiere rating of 1.1, which had been the highest ratings since the series premiere.

In general, it seems Season 4 of Arrow is being well-received by fans, so ratings are looking strong for the fourth season. It should also be noted that the Constantine episode was able to drive a ratings increase, despite being leaked early online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 5, 2015 8:43 PM

[quote]In general, it seems Season 4 of Arrow is being well-received by fans

This is true, "Arrow" has been firing on all cyclinders so far this season. A good rebound from the crappy season 3.

by Anonymousreply 75November 6, 2015 2:48 PM

Anyone who hasn't watched all of Arrow who tuned in for just that episode would be EXTREMELY confused, I would think...

by Anonymousreply 76November 6, 2015 4:31 PM

R76, or they wouldn't care since the show is such fluff anyway.

by Anonymousreply 77November 7, 2015 2:01 AM

I watched and had no idea who Constantine was or why he was suddenly on the island. It just seemed very lame.

by Anonymousreply 78November 7, 2015 5:38 AM

Felicity is ruining this show.

by Anonymousreply 79November 12, 2015 7:09 AM

R67, gays and bisexuals are only ok if they are women, like Sarah. I thought you knew this!

by Anonymousreply 80November 12, 2015 11:59 AM

Felicity is basically a sexier version of Penelope from Criminal Minds. She's supposed to be a minor side character that only shows up once a while as a likable comic relief. I've never followed Arrow fandom so I had no idea people were wanting Olicity or wanted more screentime for Felicity. So I agree R79, Felicity really is ruining the show. I don't really hate the actress since she was great on season 1 when her role was much smaller. Now she's practically a main character which is just wrong. Her limited acting skills are also coming out more when she gets more lines. I don't hate her but I'm getting there. At this point I get annoyed when I see it's her in a scene.

It's like fangirls are writing the show now and they've decided it's time for a non-superhero girl be the hero of a superhero show. Although making her a girl cliché at the same time in almost every way. The thing is I don't give a shit about Felicity's love life and that has been one of the show's main focus points since the beginning of season 3. Who the hell runs the show nowadays?

I'm just watching the latest episode and it seems Felicity has more screentime than Arrow.

by Anonymousreply 81November 12, 2015 12:13 PM

[quote]Now she's practically a main character which is just wrong

Felicity has been the female lead since season 2...

[quote]I'm just watching the latest episode and it seems Felicity has more screentime than Arrow.

Stephen Amell has twice as much screen time as the next cast member. The last episode was relatively Felicity heavy as it had Ray and her mom.

by Anonymousreply 82November 12, 2015 12:52 PM

[quote]Felicity has been the female lead since season 2...

Not sure I agree with her being a lead that early on but her getting more screentime has been going hand in hand with the quality of the show going down. It's obviously not completely the character's fault since season 3 went wrong in so many different ways. Olicity has been absolutely terrible and I don't realize where that even came from since I never saw anything romantic between Ollie and Felicity.

Felicity has had way too much screentime this whole season. It was not just this episode. I wish they'd just kill her off. And I really hope she's not there to ruin the Legends of Tomorrow. IMDb doesn't list her so I hope they keep her away.

by Anonymousreply 83November 12, 2015 1:17 PM

R80, Felicity's assistant, who is becoming a significant character, is a black gay male.

by Anonymousreply 84November 12, 2015 2:27 PM

Another fun episode tonight. Looking forward to the two-part Flash/Arrow cross-over in two weeks...

by Anonymousreply 85November 19, 2015 5:10 AM

This show is becoming a chore to watch...just like last season.

Season 2 was great because you had seriously sexy eye candy like Colto, Manu Bennett and Kevin Alejandro running around.

Now it is just way too female heavy.

Not to mention, like last season, they have chosen a shitty villain to showcase for the entire season. Damien who???

Then there is my main argument that the show runners are obsessed with making the main character obsolete. Green Arrow is the emerald archer. he is supposed to be the best. Then we have Roy, his sister, even tonight Diggle was throwing arrows...what makes Ollie so special then?

Flash is still firing on all cylinders but I can see them falling into the same trap. That Patty character is beyond lame and takes the wind out of every scene she is in. Then you have another Flash show up and references to Jesse Quick and Wally West showing up...more speedsters. Does berlanti and Co. not trust their main characters to carry a show?

by Anonymousreply 86November 19, 2015 8:01 AM

Totes love felicity. Oliver and Ray need to be naked.

by Anonymousreply 87November 19, 2015 11:00 AM

Part 2 of the Flarrow crossover tonight. I'm ready but DL probably isn't. This thread has been dead for centuries.

by Anonymousreply 88December 2, 2015 4:51 PM

I LOVE the Flash/Arrow cross-over episodes. They're among the best episodes of each show.

by Anonymousreply 89December 2, 2015 4:56 PM

"Welcome to the new normal."

I love the little side-comments and how self-aware this show (and Flash) is.

by Anonymousreply 90December 3, 2015 12:10 AM

NOOOOO!!!!

OLICITY IS IN TROUBLE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 91December 3, 2015 12:30 AM

Felicity is so tiresome. But I love me some Hawks.

by Anonymousreply 92December 3, 2015 1:33 AM

I love Felicity.

Great episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 93December 3, 2015 6:16 AM

Whiney Felicity who now also spies on Ollie, just what all the Arrow's het guy viewers want to see. Felicity/baby part was so obviously written for the female fans (who are the reason for the fucking Olicity in the first place) that I was smiling while thinking all the bitching the show's remaining straight male fans would do. I was already hoping it would result in finally killing that annoying cunt off the show but then Barry had to undo it all and now she's back to her normal whining without the extra crying and drama. From what I've seen in the comments on various entertainment sites many Arrow's male fans do NOT love Felicity.

by Anonymousreply 94December 3, 2015 7:23 AM

The Barry & Oliver hug was my favorite part. These two shows would have been better if Oliver & Barry were a couple instead of having whiney girfriends.

by Anonymousreply 95December 3, 2015 11:28 AM

Who is worse?

Felicity or Patty Spivot.

by Anonymousreply 96December 3, 2015 11:52 AM

Felicity for sure. I don't find Patty annoying, I actually like her. The one I can't stand is Iris.

by Anonymousreply 97December 3, 2015 12:47 PM

Patty for sure.

Felicity was kind of annoying at the end of last season, but just for a few episodes. Outside of those episodes when even I hated her, I don't get the Felicity hate at all.

Patty is 100% annoying all the time.

Iris was TERRIBLE in season one. This season she's not bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 98December 3, 2015 1:22 PM

"This season she's not bad at all" Yeah cuz they have her in the background. In season 1 Iris was the love interest, she was everywhere even if she had no reason to be. Now that the family drama with Wally West will happen, we'll see more of her again & she'll reminds us how fucking annoying she actually is. Iris & Barry will end up together eventually so I'll have to deal with it. Personally I don't care for the romance in those shows, I watch for other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 99December 3, 2015 2:07 PM

I watch for the snark and quips, and I'm rarely disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 100December 3, 2015 3:52 PM

The guy playing Hawkman is way more built than I thought he would be. They should give him the costume with the exposed torso, the actor rocked it well in his ancient Egyptian get up.

So the entire plot of Legends of Tommorow is due to Malcom? They should just time travel to stop that moment.

Also Oliver keeping the kid from Felicity so stupid and just done to create drama later. I hate pointless stupid drama.

by Anonymousreply 101December 3, 2015 4:25 PM

I don't even care that The Flash's concept of time travel is completely nonsensical and confused.

by Anonymousreply 102December 3, 2015 4:25 PM

What I think is hilarious is they have established that Barry can only run about Mach 2 but yet he time travels. Why aren't aircrafts time traveling all over the place then.

In the comics the time travel ususally comes from going faster than light which at least makes more sense in the comic book science type of way.

by Anonymousreply 103December 3, 2015 5:15 PM

I loved it when Cisco referred to Hawkman as "He-Man". I was just thinking he would be a good choice if they ever revamp that franchise.

by Anonymousreply 104December 3, 2015 6:59 PM

Nothing about the time-travel or "phasing through matter" makes any sense at all, R103. You just gotta go with it.

The reality is if he were zooming around above Mach 1, there'd be sonic booms everywhere. Beyond that, given his speed, there's no foe he couldn't instantly vanquish... given he can catch not just thrown knives and shot arrows, but speeding bullets... he can disarm and tie up anyone he wants before they even know what's going on.

But again, if they actually tried to follow the consequences of his "power" logically, the entire show would fall apart. So you just go with it.

by Anonymousreply 105December 3, 2015 9:45 PM

I loved the 2 crossover episodes! They were fantastic.

Except for all that Olicity shit. My god what a horribly annoying cunt is that Felicity bitch. I'm starting to really hate her.

Poor Cisco, he lost the girl. But how awesome was the part when HawkGirl emerged?? That was fun. Hawkman is a hottie. The new show looks fantastic as well.

by Anonymousreply 106December 5, 2015 5:02 AM

pssst! Jessica Jones.

by Anonymousreply 107December 5, 2015 8:18 AM

Olicity shippers finally did something right by adding Barry in their team, I'm here for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 5, 2015 9:00 AM

Yeah, the crossover episodes were pretty great. I don't understand the hate for Felicity. I love her character and she still has her awkward goofball moments that made her a fan favorite in the first place. And Oliver being with Felicity is way, way better than him being with Lauren. Not to mention that the show would never go there and give Oliver a male love interest, so Felicity is the best choice for a love interest since CW wouldn' t leave romance and relationship drama out of any of their shows.

by Anonymousreply 109December 5, 2015 10:47 AM

We finally got to see the gay couple on Arrow!!

by Anonymousreply 110December 10, 2015 12:18 AM

FELICITY IS DEAD!!!

by Anonymousreply 111December 10, 2015 1:00 AM

If only, R111.

Ugh, she was insufferable tonight. Bitch, it's a CHRISTMAS party!

You saw the ending coming from a mile away, though.

Lance and the mom are an awkward couple, too. Laurel looks weird when she's doing that primal scream., thing she does.

It bugged me that Oliver seemed to care more for Felicity than his own fucking sister and best-friend.

by Anonymousreply 112December 10, 2015 4:29 AM

The implication was that Felicity was in the grave...

by Anonymousreply 113December 10, 2015 1:09 PM

Felicity won't die, the showrunners want to make us think that it's her but it's gonna be someone else. This accident happened on December & the funeral scene will be on April or May (6 months after October- so you do the math). Also Emily is shooting for episode 13 now.

by Anonymousreply 114December 10, 2015 1:56 PM

Agreed R114. It's silly to think this show would really kill off Felicity.

by Anonymousreply 115December 10, 2015 2:02 PM

BUT THEY HEAVILY IMPLIED IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

by Anonymousreply 116December 10, 2015 4:48 PM

[quote]It bugged me that Oliver seemed to care more for Felicity than his own fucking sister and best-friend.

Is that unusual? People in serious romantic relationships tend to prioritize them above everyone else. Love and all, I mean the whole marriage vows are basically saying I promise you are the most important person in my life. That's seems pretty normal and expected to me.

by Anonymousreply 117December 11, 2015 2:55 AM

I laughed out loud in S3 when Oliver told Felicity she was the first person he ever really saw as a real person.

So I guess his mom, dad, sister, Sara, Diggle, Laurel, the girl he fell in love with on the island and so on were all just random statues, ottomans and trash cans...

by Anonymousreply 118December 11, 2015 3:00 AM

Is Stephen bisexual? I remember reading a DL post about it in the past.

by Anonymousreply 119December 12, 2015 12:03 AM

What's Amell ranting about now? He answered some twitterer about the Arrow Facebook page.

Who are people being bitchy to? Katie or Emily? Or both?

by Anonymousreply 120December 15, 2015 2:59 AM

[quote]What's Amell ranting about now? He answered some twitterer about the Arrow Facebook page.

I'm glad you gave us a link so we could all easily see what you are referring to.

by Anonymousreply 121December 15, 2015 3:43 AM

"Amell?" Why are we referring to him like a football coach would?

by Anonymousreply 122December 15, 2015 5:23 AM

FELICITY!!!! OH NO!!!

New episode tonight!

by Anonymousreply 123January 21, 2016 12:02 AM

WHO.

THE FUCK.

IS IN THAT GRAVE?

by Anonymousreply 124January 21, 2016 1:00 AM

I'm guessing it's Quentin Lance in the grave, but who knows.

I love Felicity, but I think the Olicity romance is a mistake. They could have gotten a lot of story mileage out of bad romances for either or both of them.

I hope that we see more of Curtis and his husband.

by Anonymousreply 125January 21, 2016 5:56 AM

It better not be Diggle in that grave.

At least that Olicity shit is done for. She wasn't wearing her engagement ring anymore.

by Anonymousreply 126January 22, 2016 1:25 AM

We will get a musical crossover one day...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 25, 2016 7:12 AM

This show is such a shit fest these days.

by Anonymousreply 128January 25, 2016 7:14 AM

I like the random, throw-away line about the codename Oracle being already in use in the latest episode.

by Anonymousreply 129January 28, 2016 10:34 AM

Felicity looked better as a goth.

They wasted way too much time on her pity-party shit during this episode.

Legends of Tomorrow is fan-fucking-tactic.

by Anonymousreply 130January 29, 2016 9:16 PM

JOHN CONSTANTINE REFERENCE!!!

by Anonymousreply 131February 4, 2016 12:08 AM

ROY IS BACK!!

by Anonymousreply 132February 4, 2016 12:10 AM

And still more Felicity shit.

Absolutely hated the part in The Flash yesterday where Barry and Caitlyn say that Mary Sue is the best hacker. As if. Cisco is way better.

Thea better not fucking die. It's complete bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 133February 4, 2016 3:38 AM

Oh god, give it a rest. That was a hilarious moment in The Flash. You have some real issues. Please don't work them out here. We don't care about your perverse and irrational hatred and obsession.

by Anonymousreply 134February 4, 2016 3:57 AM

I like how Felicity got her confidence back, but her father's alter ego being her own personal arch nemesis? Way too much soap drama.

Man, I didn't know how much I missed Colton Haynes on Arrow until he showed up again.

And another soap drama plot. Either kill Merlin or let Thea die. And of course that proposal happens moments after he shook Merlins' hand.

by Anonymousreply 135February 4, 2016 7:09 PM

Stephen Amell's reply to a fan saying that Grant 'made his way' to Supergirl. I don't know why but I laughed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 4, 2016 9:06 PM

Hey Mr Arrow, I'm the newest villain on the show and the only way to kill me is to smother me by sitting on my face! Now come and get me!

by Anonymousreply 137February 4, 2016 9:38 PM

[quote]Absolutely hated the part in The Flash yesterday where Barry and Caitlyn say that Mary Sue is the best hacker. As if. Cisco is way better.

It was a funny moment, calm down. Also Cisco is an engineer, Felicity is a computer scientist (and Caitlin a biologist). That has always been their primary specialties.

by Anonymousreply 138February 5, 2016 12:01 AM

The Felicity hater is really unhinged. He should probably stop watching the show and stop reading the threads. For his own sanity.

by Anonymousreply 139February 6, 2016 1:39 AM

A new episode... and Felicity's father is the new big bad!!

by Anonymousreply 140February 11, 2016 12:02 AM

Just. Fucking. Kill. Merlin.

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 141February 11, 2016 1:37 AM

Nope, R141.

I like him. He's basically been neutered now.

So Oliver's kid is the one in the grave. That sucks.

by Anonymousreply 142February 11, 2016 2:33 AM

That didn't go the way I was expecting it to...

by Anonymousreply 143February 11, 2016 5:52 PM

Just fuckin' call the show FELICITY and get it over with already.

by Anonymousreply 144February 11, 2016 5:56 PM

Ha! The Felicity show is flat as far as ratings go.

by Anonymousreply 145February 13, 2016 3:00 AM

[quote]The Felicity hater is really unhinged.

"The Felicity hater"? More like a huge number of Felicity haters, many even here at DL where these teen superhero shows don't have that many fans. If you take a look at the comments anywhere where Arrow is discussed you see that Felicity destroying the show is brought up all the time. I stopped watching Arrow weeks ago because of her and only now took a look in this thread where you're once again trying to claim there's only one person at DL hating Felicity. Think again. Your attempt to turn Datalounge, of all places, into a Felicity fan forum is not working. You really think a whiney and crying baby-talking big-titted blonde bimbo who's destroying a show with a big bulged male lead would be loved in a gay forum?

by Anonymousreply 146February 13, 2016 3:21 AM

Isn't there a bad guy named Damien Darhk running around? What happened to him> The show now just revolves around Felicity.

Why did Ollie & Co. get in the way of getting that elixir that would save Thea? I mean what the fuck???

Who is writing this shit?

by Anonymousreply 147February 13, 2016 3:24 AM

And what the hell is the deal with these lame flashbacks?

Do they even correspond to the main storyline anymore?

by Anonymousreply 148February 13, 2016 3:29 AM

The elixir could only be used if Nyssa gave it to them. The condition was that Malcolm die. Oliver didn't want to kill him.

by Anonymousreply 149February 13, 2016 3:55 AM

They couldn't just take it from her? Hell they even stood in the way and just let her run off with it.

STUPID

I'm just about done with this shit show.

I think its only real purpose was to spin off the superior FLASH and LEGENDS show.

by Anonymousreply 150February 13, 2016 2:55 PM

I just wish they'd drop the whole Raz Al Ghoul whatever crap. It drags everything down.

by Anonymousreply 151February 13, 2016 4:54 PM

[quote]Your attempt to turn Datalounge, of all places, into a Felicity fan forum is not working

Wha? You really are unhinged man. No one is trying to do that. You are fighting this imaginary war in your head and it is annoying for everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 152February 13, 2016 5:16 PM

They seem hell bent on turning ARROW into a joke.

WWE Superstar Stardust Renews Rivalry With ARROW Star Stephen Amell With A Glass Of Water To The Face

Stardust invaded Stephen Amell's panel at the Dallas Comic Con today for a confrontation with his SummerSlam opponent, and things didn't go well for the Arrow star. Are we getting a rematch?

Stephen Amell wowed everyone when he took part in a tag team match at SummerSlam last year, but could a rematch against his nemesis Stardust be on the cards at this year's WrestleMania? That remains to be seen, but the duo have recently put their differences aside - well, mostly - in order to raise money for Elijah Mainville, an 8 year old WWE fan battling Stage 4 cancer (more information on his cause can be found by clicking here).

Amell and Stardust launched a t-shirt campaign during SummerSlam which raised proceeds of nearly $300,000 for Emily’s House in Toronto, so whether you're a wrestling fan or not, everything they're doing here is quite clearly for a great cause. They actually met today for the WWE Superstar to hand over Amell's Slammy award, and that's now going to be auctioned off to raise money for Elijah.

The video below is a lot of fun too, though it wraps up with the Arrow star taking to glasses of water to the face courtesy of Stardust and SmackDown announcer (and the wrestler's real life wife) Eden Stiles. Amell later took to Facebook to state: "By the way: if the dude wants a match, he knows how to get in touch with me. Anytime. Anywhere." It's on! Further updates on this fundraising scheme can be found on the actor's Facebook page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153February 14, 2016 3:41 AM

The quality of show has gotten worse with each season. I agree the that the Flashbacks are dragging it down. At least the Rhas Al Ghul storyline is finally done with.

by Anonymousreply 154February 14, 2016 12:16 PM

R154, there is talk of resurrecting Matt Nable's Ra's Al Ghul to be next season's main villain and rebuild the League.

I shit you not.

by Anonymousreply 155February 14, 2016 3:23 PM

The problem with the league of the assassins was that it was a bit overkill with all these secret groups all coming to the city of The Arrow to cause trouble (the undertaking group, the secret agency led by the tall black woman who died this season, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 156February 14, 2016 4:11 PM

Any guesses on what will go down tonight?

by Anonymousreply 157February 17, 2016 8:21 PM

Could Felicities mom be any more of a cheap whore?

That shower was tacky as all hell

Of course St Felicity will be cured.

by Anonymousreply 158February 18, 2016 2:44 AM

Loved seeing Curtis and his boyfriend/partner (husband?) again.

by Anonymousreply 159February 18, 2016 3:02 AM

R152, you haven't really been following conversation about Felicity here or elsewhere, have you? People, not two people, not ten people, but fuckloads of people loathe her because she's ruined the show. She's got fangirls here, like apparently you, who get nervous if someone dares to diss the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 160February 18, 2016 3:19 AM

Think Felicity is annoying?

Just you wait til we shove her fucking mother down your throats!

by Anonymousreply 161February 18, 2016 11:29 AM

How about more Curtis and his boyfriend and less Felicity.

by Anonymousreply 162February 18, 2016 12:07 PM

wtf was that ending? she broke up with him & then she could walk? just like that? WTF & no grave scene damn it. I really liked Vixen though & she's hot!

by Anonymousreply 163February 25, 2016 1:11 AM

r163

I still think William is in the grave

by Anonymousreply 164February 25, 2016 1:14 AM

R164 I don't think so. It seems like they ended this storyline for good. Oliver send him a video msg for when he'll be 18 & then William & his mom moved somewhere that not even Oliver will know. I'm thinking that Diggle will be the one who'll die & honestly I don't want it but something tells me that all those pep talks he gives lately to both Oliver & Barry (he was in last night's episode), will mean that he'll be the one who will die.

by Anonymousreply 165February 25, 2016 1:43 AM

William:I'm kinda over the Flash. I want a Green Arrow action figure a.k.a Arrow Writers VS Flash writers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 25, 2016 1:47 AM

So Oliver makes the heart-breaking decision to sever ties with his son, and still that cunt bitch makes it all about her??? 😡😡😡😡😡

OMG, the hate that woman is going to get. Wow.

I loved Vixen!! She needs to come back for sure. Oliver should get with her.

It better not be Diggle.

by Anonymousreply 167February 25, 2016 2:04 AM

terrible ep of arrow, too much felicity bs

by Anonymousreply 168February 25, 2016 2:56 AM

Loved the beginning with Curtis's husband though. He needs a bigger part. He was good.

by Anonymousreply 169February 25, 2016 3:53 AM

r169 It's one thing to have a gay couple on screen, it's another thing though when it's implausibly convenient. Felicity loses the ability to walk and her right hand man at the company just happens to have a physical therapist as a partner? Really?

by Anonymousreply 170February 25, 2016 4:07 AM

Everyone involved with this show is there only to be of service to Felicity.

And this villain they have now sucks!

Arrow is one huge shitfest.

They can claim Flash is over but that show gets the fans, attention and ratings.

by Anonymousreply 171February 25, 2016 11:06 AM

From what I'm hearing Matt Nable will be back before the season's end as Ra's Al Ghul. He will be the one to destroy Darhk and set himself up as the main villain for next season. DCTV wants to get as much use out of the Ra's character as they can because he will be the main villain of the 2nd Justice League film and therefor be "off limits."

by Anonymousreply 172February 25, 2016 11:44 AM

I loved Oliver's introduction of Vixen to the group (´"Mari and I had an animated encounter last year").

I don't know why but, so far, I am a bit psyched about magic being introduced to the show.

I must say I am disappointed in Felicity that she chose to call off the engagement even though William's mom assured her that it was all her doing and Oliver was forced to keep it a secret from Felicity.

Yeah, I fear it's Diggle in the grave, too. All that heavy focus on his sage advice giving and family life seems more than just a contrast of most superheroes having to choose between family and being a superhero.

by Anonymousreply 173February 25, 2016 3:48 PM

Felicity was such a cunt in this week's episode!

by Anonymousreply 174March 24, 2016 10:00 AM

Yeah, totally. And I normally don't mind Felicity, but god, ugh, stop, get over yourself, what the fuck.

by Anonymousreply 175March 24, 2016 2:40 PM

Days of our Arrow continues unabated.

Jesus, they've turned this show to complete shit.

I really, really wish they'd kill her off.

As it stands they practically telegraphed that Captn Lance would be the one to die.

I will stop watching altogether if they kill Laurel.

by Anonymousreply 176March 25, 2016 2:50 AM

It seems like Felicity has been written into a corner. It's disappointing because I used to love her like I love Cisco on the Flash. (Well ... almost like I love Cisco.)

by Anonymousreply 177March 25, 2016 3:04 AM

Exactly, R177.

She is just awful now. I hope they get past all this Olicity and breakup crap, like, NOW.

by Anonymousreply 178March 25, 2016 3:07 AM

It's a pity Stephen Amell isn't gay.

by Anonymousreply 179March 25, 2016 3:11 AM

I'd really love to know what Amell thinks about the shitfest his show has become?

If it weren't for him and the success of his show there would be no Flash, Legends or Supergirl...all which score higher ratings and are better reviewed than Arrow is now.

His hero is redundant on his own show. Now you have his sister, her father, a former protege, a lame female villain, etc... all expert marksmen with an archery set. Nothing sets him apart anymore.

He lost his money, company...and now it all belongs to his ex-fiancee.

They killed off his interesting mother character but now feature his ex-fiance's mother just acting like a ditz 90% of the time.

Seriously...why is Amell wasting his time/youth on a show like this?

by Anonymousreply 180March 25, 2016 7:50 AM

Money r 180?

by Anonymousreply 181March 25, 2016 11:56 AM

It is a CW show, R181.

You can bet he is only pulling in a fraction of what Melissa Benoist does as Supergirl.

by Anonymousreply 182March 25, 2016 12:17 PM

great humor ep this evening. beeeeeeeeeeees!

by Anonymousreply 183March 31, 2016 2:22 AM

The bees fusing into a bee-robot, or whatever that was supposed to be, was too much. I'm a fan of the show and I like it, but that ... no.

by Anonymousreply 184March 31, 2016 2:53 AM

What a ridiculous episode.

My god, this show has truly hit rock bottom.

Two stupid women running around in high heels, please. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Even when he's trying to be tough, Oliver comes across as an asshole.

And of course, Mary Sue saves the day once again. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 185March 31, 2016 4:09 AM

Okay, I've finally had more than enough of Felicity (actually happened two episodes ago).

Curtis can be the new Felicity. Felicity can go awol for a while. Take the rest of the season off, hon.

by Anonymousreply 186March 31, 2016 4:18 AM

Felicity to the rescue...as per usual.

Imagine if Iris or Caityn was saving Barry's ass every episode.

Or Winn was saving Kara's?

Why even bother having a hero named Green Arrow?

by Anonymousreply 187April 1, 2016 9:02 PM

It is like they are trying to destroy the show from within. Why?

I think Felicity's mom got more screentime than Ollie this week.

by Anonymousreply 188April 3, 2016 5:37 PM

They started the destruction after season 2. I didn't pay any attention to Arrow fandom and had no idea some people wanted Olicity so when it happened I was pretty much in shock. It made no fucking sense. I stopped watching the show months ago but I sometimes still read the news about it since I enjoy reading the comments section. People HATE Felicity.

Stephen Amell is in the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle film. He's really not the greatest actor out there but since I really liked him in the first two seasons I hope he'll have a career after Arrow. He's also currently raising money for a scifi film he's doing with cousin Robbie. They've already raised twice the amount they were after.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 3, 2016 7:21 PM

So that's why he doesn't give a shit anymore about his own show.

He thinks he's gonna go off and do big-time Hollywood films.

Bitch, please, ain't gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 190April 4, 2016 1:06 AM

Perhaps we will be seeing more of his husband now r169

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191April 4, 2016 9:41 PM

Looks like everyone is getting their wish. They are going to kill off Laurel tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 6, 2016 2:42 PM

New episode tonight?

Strange that there wasn't any Flash or Gotham...

by Anonymousreply 193April 6, 2016 3:54 PM

That's total bullshit.

I guess this will be the last episode of Arrow that I see.

Fuck tha Mary Sue.

by Anonymousreply 194April 6, 2016 4:01 PM

Does Marc hate Katie Cassidy?

by Anonymousreply 195April 6, 2016 4:06 PM

The only thing interesting about Arrow now is to watch it being burned down.

by Anonymousreply 196April 6, 2016 4:14 PM

I thought they figured out how to make Laurel finally fit this season. It's the first season that I didn't hate her.

by Anonymousreply 197April 6, 2016 4:59 PM

tbh I watch the Felicity & her friends show just for the fun of it, I enjoy the laugh it gives me nowdays

by Anonymousreply 198April 6, 2016 7:55 PM

Diggle has been a complete ass.

by Anonymousreply 199April 7, 2016 1:42 AM

I was surprised by the death of a major character--I hadn't been following spoilers. But my first thought was, why don't they just use the Lazarus Pit again? (Is it still in existence? )

by Anonymousreply 200April 7, 2016 2:05 AM

Lazarus Pit has been destroyed

by Anonymousreply 201April 7, 2016 2:45 AM

So not even at the end can Laurel escape the fucking bitch Mary Sue.

Apparently her last words were for Oliver about that cunt.

I'll just delete the episode and not bother with it.

Bye, thread, bye show.

by Anonymousreply 202April 7, 2016 5:02 AM

The show has become laugh out loud funny for all the wrong reasons. I can't believe this is the same cast that delivered the solid first two seasons. After the showrunners left to do the Flash, it all went to shit.

by Anonymousreply 203April 7, 2016 5:14 AM

Now even Diggle has become fucking annoying as hell

by Anonymousreply 204April 7, 2016 5:19 AM

I watched this episode after having said goodbye to the show months ago just to see how they send Laurel off. The show is a shadow of what it used to be. The only two things I cared about was Laurel and Amell's bulge. The second Felicity appeared I had to fastforward through her scenes. They've made her character so despicable that I will never watch anything Emily Bett Rickards will appear in. Colto, will you carry the message?

Laurel's death was handled fairly well although I skipped the hospital bed scene because of Rickards. I hope Felicity fan girls are now happy. (In my mind Laurel haters and Olicity shippers are the same thing.) I sincerely hope Cassidy becomes regular on The Flash and they'll bring her character from Earth 2 to Earth 1.

This was probably the last episode of The Felicity Show I'll ever watch. I'll only come back if they'll return to making the show fun like it was on season one, AND if they kill off Felicity. Not gonna happen so bye bye.

by Anonymousreply 205April 7, 2016 6:52 AM

Laurel was such a drip and her transformation from alcoholic attorney to fierce crimefighter via a few kickboxing lessons was ludicrous. She's one of the reasons I stopped watching. Glad to hear she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 206April 7, 2016 5:56 PM

Laurel was one of the few good things in the show.

by Anonymousreply 207April 7, 2016 6:02 PM

I hope Laurel stays dead and this isn't some ruse to make Darkh think he killed her (and as a result gets off her dad's back) and Laurel goes undercover for a couple of episodes (or joins LoT next season).

by Anonymousreply 208April 7, 2016 7:40 PM

Can Diggle be next?

by Anonymousreply 209April 7, 2016 7:41 PM

The sad thing is that I was finally impressed with how well her fighting skills had improved since last season. She easily took out three league of assassin members and didn't get hit once. Anyone else wonder what she asked Oliver to do for her before she died?

by Anonymousreply 210April 7, 2016 7:46 PM

R210 Probably asked him to marry Felicity or whatever. This show now revolves around her so I wouldn't be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 211April 7, 2016 7:57 PM

Ha! Now there's speculation that the reason they killed Lauren was so that guess-who could become......... Wait for it............

The Black Canary. 😳😳😳😳

OMG

by Anonymousreply 212April 7, 2016 10:56 PM

what if they now make felicity the black canary, i mean the show is all about her now so it wouldn't surprise me

by Anonymousreply 213April 7, 2016 11:04 PM

R212, Jesus Christ. Is Rickards blackmailing the producers? They must realize that large part of the viewership blames Felicity for being one of the main reasons the show's turned into shit. I saw a commenter at IGN say that no wonder Arrow has turned into a soap because one of the producers used to produce Desperate Housewives. (I took a look and apparently one of the producers was in the Desperate Housewives team for a short while.) Still, people are trying to find explanations for what the hell is wrong with the show. If they turn that cunt into Black Canary people will be even more perplexed.

by Anonymousreply 214April 7, 2016 11:09 PM

Arrow is the only show I know that the showrunners care so much about social media like tumblr or twitter so that's why the Olicity Diaries happened but I wonder if there are other shows that followed the same route;? I think Glee was kinda also like that since the Klaine ship was pathetic, they had no chemistry but the fangirls loved it. Do you guys know other shows that failed cuz of fangirls?

by Anonymousreply 215April 7, 2016 11:15 PM

Yes Glee was like that also which is why you had Klaine still going on despite Blaine's natural chemistry with Sebastian and his bff Sam and Klaine no longer being "cute" like early on. Felicity has eaten up a lot of Arrow and nor for the better. They might as well just rename the show Felicity. I hope that don't try to make Felicity the Black Canary.

by Anonymousreply 216April 7, 2016 11:27 PM

I know you all don't care about it, but, Supernatural is another show that turned to shit because of the loud, insane fangirls.

The writers pandered to them and stil do. And the show has suffered for it for years.

by Anonymousreply 217April 7, 2016 11:42 PM

R217, the fandom and the crazy fangirls are keeping Supernatural alive I'd say.

by Anonymousreply 218April 7, 2016 11:46 PM

Part of Supernatural's problem is that it is in about its 20th year and it probably mined most of its potential about season 5.

by Anonymousreply 219April 7, 2016 11:48 PM

I stopped watching Supernatural after season 5 -I think- but yep the fangirls keep it alive. I totally forgot about that show long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 220April 7, 2016 11:56 PM

So everyone loves Laurel now? How come I remember everyone bitching about her around Season 2? Didn't everyone want Felicity to get more screentime? OOPS.

by Anonymousreply 221April 8, 2016 9:16 PM

Because Laurel was TERRIBLE in seasons one and two.

She started to redeem herself a bit in season three. In season four, she finally reached the level of 'not being actively annoying' (other than her complete inability to look convincing in fight scenes, though even that was getting better).

She is the least of the problems now. Sanctimonious Diggle and whiney Felicity are the problems now.

And I used to love Felicity. And I used to respect Diggle.

And Ollie is now a side-castmember in his own damn show. A secondary character. IT's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 222April 8, 2016 9:29 PM

I like Felicity for the most part (but I have to admit the scene of her walking out on Oliver was so corny and heavy handed). I don't care much for Katie Cassidy though.

by Anonymousreply 223April 8, 2016 9:30 PM

r222, I thought Laurel was even worse in later seasons. Especially during that plot where she was pissed at Oliver for refusing to train her and therefore the audience had to watch her try and fail to teach herself to be a badass vigilante.

by Anonymousreply 224April 8, 2016 9:32 PM

[quote] Because Laurel was TERRIBLE in seasons one and two.

That's what Laurel haters kept repeating but I've liked her from the very start. I kept seeing some Laurel haters saying that Katie Cassidy is a bitch in real life as a justification for slamming Laurel but to me it always sounded more like those people had hated some character Cassidy had played earlier and just couldn't let go of that.

R224, I found Laurel training with Wildcat awesome. If only they'd given him a bigger role instead of focusing on The League of Assassins and Felicity, two things that ultimately destroyed the show.

by Anonymousreply 225April 9, 2016 3:54 PM

She was a horrible actress in seasons one and two... and her "drunk" performance was one of the most embarrassing things on this show, acting-wise, and that's saying something. Her fight scenes were laughable. There was nothing good about the actress OR the character (which was juts a whiney awful character that was mostly useless).

by Anonymousreply 226April 9, 2016 4:26 PM

Her acting has been just fine. You obviously hate Laurel and Cassidy and possibly are the person who's been bitching about her repeatedly for years here. For many of us Cassidy's Laurel has been a good character and her acting has been no better or worse than with most people in the show. If you want to talk about bad acting take a look at Stephen Amell and Caity Lotz. Now those two are the embarrassing ones.

Hopefully now that she's left the sinking ship she'll become regular on The Flash.

by Anonymousreply 227April 9, 2016 4:44 PM

Dear God, I hope not. Katie stinks up every show she's on (Supernatural, Gossip Girl, Arrow). Someone should get rid of the CW exec who's getting blackmailed by Katie to stay employed there.

by Anonymousreply 228April 9, 2016 6:18 PM

Yes, yes, R227, there's only one person in the world that thinks she's a terrible actress and was actively embarrassing in the first seasons. Oh, no, wait, there's only one person in the world that thinks that WASN'T true: you.

(rolling eyes at the guy who obviously has some sort of hard-on for her, and thus can't see the obvious)

by Anonymousreply 229April 9, 2016 6:54 PM

[quote] rolling eyes at the guy who obviously has some sort of hard-on for her,

r229, pot meet kettle.

by Anonymousreply 230April 9, 2016 7:33 PM

[quote]Yes, yes, [R227], there's only one person in the world that thinks she's a terrible actress and was actively embarrassing in the first seasons. Oh, no, wait, there's only one person in the world that thinks that WASN'T true: you.

We've had some delusional cunt(s) screaming that I'm the only one liking Cassidy since season one of Arrow. I've been called an idiot quite a many times here for daring to say there's nothing wrong with her. Your writing style certainly reads a lot like those telling me that with your teenaged mean girl attitude. If you're an adult male I truly feel sorry for you.

And no, there weren't many different people bitching about Cassidy here.

by Anonymousreply 231April 9, 2016 8:32 PM

[quote]And no, there weren't many different people bitching about Cassidy here.

Well, if you say so it must be true. *rolling eyes*

But let me guess: You know for certain that the Felicity / Emily Bett Rickards haters on the other hand they are legion, right?

by Anonymousreply 232April 9, 2016 8:42 PM

Why would Felicity become Black Canary? In the comics, isn't Felicity Smoak already a superhero? I'm not sure who, but I read that she's somebody on one of the fansites.

by Anonymousreply 233April 9, 2016 8:52 PM

R232, Felicity has been the most hated character in Arrow since she turned into a whiny girlfriend on season three. Every time there's news about Arrow e.g. at IGN there are countless posts of how terrible Felicity is. An IGN article gets easily hundreds or even thousands of comments so yeah, I absolutely know for certain that there are LOADS of people hating Felicity. Even here I've seen so many other posters dissing Felicity that I'm sure there are more people hating her than there ever were hating Laurel. The thing with the Laurel hating posts were that it was apparent most of them came from one person because of the personal insults, and you sound exactly like her.

by Anonymousreply 234April 9, 2016 8:59 PM

r234, believe whatever you want to believe.

by Anonymousreply 235April 9, 2016 9:07 PM

R235, people hating Felicity is not a question of belief. It's a fact. Olicity shippers pretty much destroyed the show, so thanks a lot.

by Anonymousreply 236April 9, 2016 9:13 PM

r235, if it ruins your day then yes, I take full credit for it.

by Anonymousreply 237April 9, 2016 9:22 PM

R237, nahh, it became apparent already in the middle of season three that the show's turned into shit so I haven't been emotionally invested for a long time. The Flash is the only watchable Berlanti show on CW.

by Anonymousreply 238April 9, 2016 9:32 PM

Katie was bad-ass on Supernatural. Certainly leagues better than Ruby version 2.

I was sad to see her go.

Felicity is getting so much hate now it's not even funny. Especially on TVLine. She was protected by the pathetic stans before but since this latest development, more people are saying that Arrow is shit now, especially because of Felicity.

by Anonymousreply 239April 9, 2016 9:54 PM

Marc Guggenheim tells TVLine it is all about Felicity now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 14, 2016 9:08 AM

Is Katie Cassidy hot in this?

by Anonymousreply 241April 14, 2016 10:44 AM

Last night's episode could not have been more dull or ho-hum... which is shocking given it's the "closing of the loop" with the season premiere, with the funeral and the grave and all that. I couldn't have cared less.

What happened to this show??

I'm so sick of everyone constantly whining all the time. I'm ready for them to be bad-ass again.

by Anonymousreply 242April 28, 2016 4:06 PM

The only thing I did like about the latest episode that some of the characters made a point of mentioning how many times characters, who were assumed dead, came back alive and ... well.

Good riddance, Laurel.

I imagine they cut out the part where Oliver, at the end of his euology to Laurel shows off a written document that Laurel is in fact dead and will not under any circumstances ever return (like Krusty, the Clown, did in The Simpsons when the Poochie character departed).

by Anonymousreply 243April 28, 2016 4:43 PM

Damien Darhk and his wife are the worse villains this show could possibly have. Have the writers just given up with this show?

by Anonymousreply 244April 28, 2016 6:06 PM

Next season they should just abandon the flash-backs. Or maybe just do two or three a season, when it's especially relevant to the story.

by Anonymousreply 245April 28, 2016 8:19 PM

I used to love this show. Thought it was a fun hour of escape. It has gotten so bad, I can barely watch it anymore. It's so obvious that Laurel will be brought back by Darhks magic that all the crying and blaming themselves just seemed silly last night.

by Anonymousreply 246April 28, 2016 8:28 PM

The threat of the Darkhs feels as distant on this show as was the threat of Pandora and her beloved Hidden One in Sleepy Hallow's third season. It makes pretty much most of the episodes look like fillers when the big bad shows up every now and then and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 247April 28, 2016 8:29 PM

ARROW Producers Know You Hate The Flashbacks, But They're Going Nowhere In Season 5

Arrow's flashbacks stopped being good during season three and have grown steadily worse. The show's producers are actually aware that they're not working, but that doesn't mean they'll be scrapped!

Arrow's flashbacks started going downhill during the time we spent in Hong Kong last year, but Oliver Queen's return to Lian Yu has led to some of the show's worst moments during season four. Be honest, can you even remember what the hell is happening in them week to week? At this stage, it feels like the team working on The CW series are stretching them out for the sake of it, so surely it's a plot device which can now be dropped? Well, TV Line reports that Arrow's producers are aware of the lack of interest in them, and Marc Guggenheim had this to say about why they're not working right now.

"Part of the appeal of the flashbacks – certainly in the first two years, but I think the first three years – is seeing what a big difference it is between Oliver Queen in the present day and Oliver Queen five years ago," he explained. "The problem is that we are telling a five-year story in the flashbacks of Oliver becoming the guy you met in the pilot. So the deeper you get into the flashbacks, the closer he becomes to being that guy, and, thus, you lose that element of the flashbacks that was so interesting, which is how different he was…. That’s something we have struggled with this year."

Unfortunately, it sounds like Arrow plans to stick with these for the foreseeable future as Wendy Mericle added that, "The way we write the story is still very much married to that backstory, and trying to change it up at this point would feel weird." Thankfully, it sounds like things will improve dramatically during season five as they've already established the end of Oliver's five year journey to become the Green Arrow, and it sounds like we'll be spending the year in Russia. "I don’t want to tip too much, but it’s a very good possibility that we’ll finally find out how Oliver got that Bratva tattoo and how he learned to speak Russian." Sounds...thrilling. They can't get much worse, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248April 30, 2016 9:43 PM

God. One of the worst shows on TV. The gabby, self-victimizing pussification of fantasy action heroes has spread so far it's hard to judge the worst, but this is it.

The two female writers hate men, hate action, and MUST write 10 minutes of whining boo-hoo over male/female relationships on the show for every 10 seconds of action. It's all family crap, romance crap and, mainly, women-wanting-their-primacy crap.

Add to that the fact that the lead has the acting talents of a goldfish and you've got a steaming pile left on the lady's room floor. And they're so proud of it and making so much money from it, those talentless hack cunts.

(And the actress who plays the blonde love interest is wasted. She could be wonderful.)

The same pussy shit has infested FLASH and GRIMM. So now there are three all-powerful women endangering the hero's life because he got entangled in their labia? What is it that the action shows are now playing to teenage girls? Stupid teenage girls.

by Anonymousreply 249April 30, 2016 11:01 PM

I really hope this show expands the Smoak family.

They have proven to be such a hit with fans.

by Anonymousreply 250May 1, 2016 2:43 PM

So... they name-checked Constantine tonight. That was cool I guess.

by Anonymousreply 251May 5, 2016 3:13 AM

Goddamn, this show just gets worse and worse each week.

by Anonymousreply 252May 5, 2016 9:39 AM

So now The Green Arrow can do magic?

Not much of a training session.

I half thought they were going to give all the magic to Felicity (with her 'light') and make her the hero that defeats Damien.

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 253May 5, 2016 1:28 PM

'Anarky' Returns In New Promotional Stills From ARROW Season 4 Episode 21: "Monument Point"

While Felicity saves the day, Oliver has a heart-to-heart with her father that leaves him rattled to his core. Meanwhile, Lyla returns and Thea & Malcolm come face-to-face with Anarky!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254May 5, 2016 4:13 PM

I hope Arrow is good tonight.

by Anonymousreply 255May 11, 2016 9:10 PM

FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY FELICITY

by Anonymousreply 256May 12, 2016 5:37 PM

Well, Felicity saved millions of people's lives by having to sacrifice tens of thousands.

by Anonymousreply 257May 12, 2016 5:42 PM

So yeah. That just happened. They nuked an entire North American town (with a Russian nuke no less).

How the FUCK are they going to deal with this going forward. This is WORLD CHANGING. This will have MASSIVE consequences, not just for Arrow, but all the shows that share their universe (including but not limited to Flash). How the FUCK do you do something like this on a show like this? They can't just ignore it, hand-wave it away, pretend it didn't happen once the next episode (or even next season) rolls around. This has fundamental, GAME-CHANGING consequences.

I have no faith this show will do this justice. But that moment was jaw-dropping.

(never mind why was a town of only tens of thousands a primary target like that)

Think about it: AN ENTIRE CITY IS NOW A SMOKING RADIOACTIVE CRATER.

by Anonymousreply 258May 12, 2016 6:41 PM

Relax, R258.

You just have to trust in Felicity.

She'll probably find a cure for nuclear radiation by the season finale.

by Anonymousreply 259May 12, 2016 7:30 PM

r259, you sell Felicty short. By the end of the season she can travel through time and change what happened with Laurel and the Russian bomb.

by Anonymousreply 260May 12, 2016 7:42 PM

Laurel is not coming back. NEVER!

by Anonymousreply 261May 12, 2016 7:59 PM

KEVIN SMITH BULLIED OUT OF WRITING ARROW? #OLICITYFANSSTRIKEAGAIN

After last weeks episode of The Flash was met with such high praise – in part of both Zach Stentz’s writing and Kevin Smith’s directorial style – Kevin Smith, comic book writer, went on record stating that he would love to bring a character that he created – Onomatopoeia – to life on Arrow at some point. While comic book fans who still watch Arrow were excited by this prospect, actions on Twitter today seem to indicate that, while Smith still wants to bring Onomatopoeia to the small screen, he’d prefer to do so on The Flash.

Hardcore CW-verse fans know that the Olicity (Oliver and Felicity) shippers can be some of the fiercest and rudest around the internet; one of the aforementioned fans took it upon themselves to go back into Kevin Smith’s liked tweets, and find a tweet he liked that spoke of how Felicity could potentially go “up in Smoak” when Onomatopoeia appeared. Smith then began to get attacked, and did his best to rectify the situation and do some damage control:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262May 16, 2016 3:29 AM

So weird how "fans" can really damage enjoyment of the show for others.

I love Felicity as a character, but I don't like the Olicity relationship. They were both more interesting before they were a couple. The Felicity/Ray Palmer things wasn't good either, I thought. Then again, that happens in real life too, doesn't it? Becoming a couple makes some people less interesting in a variety of ways. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 263May 16, 2016 7:25 PM

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T PEOPLE JUST BE SINGLE?

by Anonymousreply 264May 16, 2016 7:29 PM

Other interesting tidbits from this past weekend's convention...

- EBR thinks that it was a huge mistake to kill off the Black Canary.

- EBR was told at the start of the season that Oliver, Flash and Felicity (LMAO) were safe as far as the grave mystery is concerned.

- On the other hand, Guggenheim had Katie wait a number of days until he told her Laurel was dying, (keep in mind, all this is happening 2 weeks before 11:59 is shot). He told her during the week that he wanted to talk to her after the weekend. Eventually, she called him first because she didn't want to wait any longer and that's how she found out. Very professional by Marc Guggenheim. No wonder Susanna and Manu want nothing to do with this dickhead.

- Katie cried when she found out Laurel would die (only one panel attendant tweeted about this, so I'm not sure how legit it is).

- Katie Cassidy showed up on Sunday and stayed after her panel to sign autographs for as long as possible, even though she was recently hospitalized with a torn bicep.

- Some Olicity fans were in Katie's panel just to laugh at her (providing an actual link here because the usual suspects will think I'm lying)

- Katie disagreed with Marc Guggenheim over Lauliver. He doesn't think Laurel is the love of Oliver's life, but she does because of the comics.

- Many people were raving about how professional and approachable KC was. She also seemed very invested in the Black Canary character and the mythos it represents.

by Anonymousreply 265May 16, 2016 7:54 PM

Well, that sure was another episode of Arrow.

WTF with Felicity's mom? Jesus.

Still love Curtis.

by Anonymousreply 266May 19, 2016 5:23 PM

Season finale next week and it is all Felicity, Felicity, Felicity!

by Anonymousreply 267May 19, 2016 5:56 PM

r265, man, now I feel bad for being so hard on Katie Cassidy all this time.

I like Felicity and don't mind her beings so front and center at times though.

by Anonymousreply 268May 19, 2016 6:25 PM

The problem isn't the Felicity character itself, it is the writing.

by Anonymousreply 269May 19, 2016 7:15 PM

I wonder if the season finale is going to suck.

I'm just not feeling it. It should be hugely epic with huge stakes, and it's just not that interesting. None of this feels earned, and very little of it makes any sense at all.

by Anonymousreply 270May 25, 2016 7:49 PM

Well, that sure was a season finale.

It's clear we'll start next season after a time break of many months. At least there was no real cliff-hanger.

by Anonymousreply 271May 26, 2016 4:29 AM

I was pretty much underwhelmed by the season's finale. All it took to bring down Darkh was Oliver delivering some cheesy speech to some extras and that made the Arrow an equal to Damien Darkh's magic powers?

The ending reminded me of Penny Dreadful's last season's finale where leading characters were taking some time off from the others and traveled to different places of the world.

by Anonymousreply 272May 26, 2016 9:32 PM

Let's not beat around the bush here. The finale sucked.

Let's ignore the super-slow missile that they were able to point something at by hand in order to hack while it SLOWLY approached at about the speed my grandma walks, and while hacking the missile, they somehow managed to get information about the location from where the command to launch it came from... because reasons.

But seriously...Dhark could not be defeated because Hope wasn't enough now (spoken quickly as if to explain why none of this made sense), and then suddenly Hope was enough, and then no more magic for some reason we don't know. (vigorous handwaving here). And I guess all you have to do is invert the horizon... And all the nukes that are taking two hours to reach their destinations... Like ALL of them are two hours away...(except the ONE that was headed to Star City of course) Just... explode in space... with SO much radiation that... it's just okay.

And what does the Arrow team really want to do with 27 minutes left as they are the only people who can save the world? Have in-depth, slow talks with each other about feelings. But that's okay, Malcolm is back on the team because of Reasons. He just shows up... helps out. Nobody says a thing, probably because they are too busy having chats over tea. I mean, wasn't the reason he's now "on their side" basically this: "Well, my safe house was destroyed so I guess I don't wanna die so can I help you guys stop this thing that I totally supported five minutes ago?" And everyone is like just cool with that?

And then Ollie kills an unarmed person who he'd already half-beaten to death.

And then the inevitable... Ollie says "Maybe my darkness rubbed off on them." UGH! SHUT THE FUCK UP! I'm so ready to call the WHAAAAAAAAmbulance on every character in this show.

And they tried to kill off Curtis! Only 2 minutes later he was apparently fine! Because reasons! Is he going to make it? We don't know! Oh, well, I guess he's fine now! UGH!

And just give Dhark back his daughter, he'll just go away. Wait, once he has his daughter... won't he just kill us? Oh, guess not. I guess. REASONS again.

Jesus Christ. The whole thing was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 273May 26, 2016 9:43 PM

Meanwhile, over in Central City, none of the people seem to be aware of global Armageddon raining down on them.

Next season, nobody in Star City will be aware of how The Flash completely reset and rewrote the timeline.

But they'll cross over anyway.

Somehow.

by Anonymousreply 274May 26, 2016 9:45 PM

Well at least Mr. Terrific is gonna be a regular. It's hilarious that they had to bring in a new quirky fun character instead of Felicity after turning her into a melodrama queen.

by Anonymousreply 275May 26, 2016 11:02 PM

NO MORE RELATIONSHIPO MELODRAMA!

NO MORE WHINING AND EXISTENTIAL ANGST!

by Anonymousreply 276May 26, 2016 11:08 PM

Stephen Amell lashes out against Olicity haters and Twitter users.

During a recent interview in support of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, Arrow star Stephen Amell bashed TV viewers who have been sharply critical of Arrow and, in particular, of "Olicity."

Over the last two seasons, Arrow has seen its audience deeply divided over the show's central romantic plot. Since Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak started actively courting one another, there has been a vocal contingent of fandom who have complained that the relationship has overwhelmed other aspects of the show. For much of that time, there was an escalating online feud between Olicity "shippers" and fans who either wanted the romantic elements of the show played down, or who supported a relationship between Oliver and Laurel Lance -- who, as the series' Black Canary, is the TV analogue to Oliver's longtime love interest in the comics.

Frustration with both Olicity and with numerous other elements of the show -- including last year's characterization of Ra's al Ghul and the continued use of flashbacks at a point where a vocal contingent of fans no longer sees their purpose -- has driven an ongoing sense of frustration and negativity, especially on platforms like Twitter and Reddit.

(Note: controversy surrounding the Season Four finale, which aired Wednesday, was not directly addressed in the interview, which was filmed prior to the finale's airdate.)

Amell dismissed most of those complaints, telling Larry King that he believes most fans still enjoy television "the traditional way," meaning that they simply watch it and don't engage with other fans on social media. He called Twitter "overblown" and blamed its often-toxic environment on the fact that the platform allows users anonymity (unlike Facebook, LinkedIn, or other platforms which require a real name and/or a e-mail address).

“If you’re going on the attack for fictional characters, you’re probably not real fans of the show,” Amell said, saying that he believes some fans don't seem to know how to build up their favorite characters without tearing someone else's down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277May 28, 2016 8:37 PM

Is that supposed to be a joke at r277? Arrows ratings have been falling like mad, obviously people actually are unhappy with the direction of the show. You can't duck your hand in the sand

And if they have complaints that means they aren't real fans of the show? Okay, so you just want to be surrounded by Yes, Man and can't handle any criticism.

People didn't hate the Felicity character, hell they used to love her, they hated the WRITERS for deciding that she should dominate the show.

by Anonymousreply 278May 28, 2016 8:41 PM

Haters are addicted to post hateful messages. The reason or content (like, say, posting messages about a show) is, at best, secondary.

A (real) fan who is critical of a show must at some point stop watching the show, because he or she is fed up with it. And that's it.The former fan moved on. A hater keeps posting. He keeps "torturing" himself by hate-watching so he can post hateful message.

by Anonymousreply 279May 29, 2016 6:48 AM

Let’s see here… The finale was filled with plot holes. Like where the fuck do thousands of nukes in mid-flight go? How did Oliver channel his magic from the hope of the citizens? How did Darhk’s powers powered by tens of thousands of souls just go limp dick in 2 seconds, yet he was able to kill Felicity’s ex from far away? And the final fight scene? What the fuck was that? The final fight scene was shit. They’re both highly trained in martial arts and they’re just trading punches in the face back and forth? The fuck? Did the action scene choreographer take time off or what? Worst season finale ever.

by Anonymousreply 280May 29, 2016 7:08 AM

Josh Segarra joining Arrow season 5 as a new DA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281June 16, 2016 10:23 PM

They buried the lede in that story, R281... CURTIS IS BECOMING A SERIES REGULAR!

by Anonymousreply 282June 16, 2016 10:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283August 17, 2016 2:34 AM

Expect to see Katie Cassidy because she along with Barrowman and Miller have signed deals to let them appear on all 4 CW DCTV shows.

by Anonymousreply 284August 17, 2016 3:16 AM

Katie Cassidy was one of the few good things in Arrow. I hope she'll appear in The Flash since it's the only CW DC show I'm still watching. I tried to like Legends but I just couldn't. I'll probably watch one episode of Supergirl as well to see is Hoechlin totally ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 285August 25, 2016 8:30 AM

Why would Hoechlin be ridiculous?

by Anonymousreply 286August 25, 2016 8:54 AM

He's not the greatest actor out there and the show itself seems to be targeted at 12 year old girls.

by Anonymousreply 287August 25, 2016 9:25 AM

No he's not but this isn't his first CW show so i think he'll be ok. Most of the dc shows seem pretty bad but i think Arrow is the worst out of them.

by Anonymousreply 288August 25, 2016 9:32 AM

Is there an Arrow Season 5 Thread? There were some nice looking new guys, but (at least to me) the hottest one bites the dust in the final moments of the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 289October 12, 2016 5:26 PM

I think we need a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 290October 12, 2016 6:09 PM

The new guy, Ragman?, looks cute.

by Anonymousreply 291October 14, 2016 12:24 AM

who is playing the new (very young) DA. recognize him, but don't know from where.

by Anonymousreply 292October 20, 2016 3:10 AM

R292 That's Josh Segarra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293October 20, 2016 3:51 AM

The show is just crap now. I'm so sick of Ollie's whining and being a dick, and having to "learn a very special lesson" at the end of each episode. The writing is just terrible. And they're starting to ruin Curtis, who was one of the only good and fun things about last season.

by Anonymousreply 294October 20, 2016 5:47 AM

I am starting to like the new team. The guy from Havenrock is cute. It's funny how Curtis crushes over him at the beginning of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 295October 20, 2016 2:33 PM

Well, R294, that was the Oliver Queen character, even the original. When he was a Silver Age newbie, he was always a smart ass, then he lost everything and became a bearded, hirsute pain-in-the-ass sometimes. I loved that character in the 1970s and 1980s. He really loved Black Canary, called her "pretty bird", took no shit and somehow managed to retain his friendship with goody-two-shoes Hal Jordan (before they ruined that character, too). He was constantly having to apologize and Black Canary was trying to calm him down.

The Justice League was always a larger-than-life entity, with these ripped mega-god like characters (Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Hawkman) on the one hand and then on the other hand Batman, Green Arrow, and Black Canary sexier, tougher, and more cynical. Amell can't pull off the brooding or the intelligence. The voice is ridiculous. The GA that endured for so long was an arrow-slinger who went through a lot of crap and came out of it gruffer but still a hero. He's an adult character. It's a bit much for the CW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296October 20, 2016 2:50 PM

So I've been watching this new season after completely giving up on it after Laurel was killed last season.

I'm liking it. The new people seem okay. That Ragman (is that really his name?) is a cutie for sure.

There's lots of new hotties in this.

Most importantly, the Mary Sue has been turned way, way down. Especially love that she has a new boyfriend to annoy and harangue. 🤗🤗

by Anonymousreply 297October 23, 2016 7:58 PM

It's funny. I just figured out (through IMDB) why some of the new arrivals look so familiar to me.

Rick Gonzalez (Rene Ramirez / Wild Dog) was on Reaper and Joe Dinicol (Rory Regan / Ragman) was on a Canadian show called The L.A. Complex (some kind of Melrose Place clone from 2012).

Clip from Reaper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298October 27, 2016 9:21 PM

Clip from L.A. Complex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299October 27, 2016 9:30 PM

Good episode.

Who is that doppelgänger dude? A shape-shifter?

I liked him. The poor guy that was all beat up to hell is good also.

by Anonymousreply 300November 3, 2016 4:29 AM

The doppelganger dude is The Human Target. Not a shape-shifter. Just a "master of disguise."

So tonight ... is Quinton possessed or what? You don't do that shit in an alcoholic blackout, that's for damn sure. Not even in an Ambien blackout. If he's possessed or being controlled, do we have any clues who might be behind it?

by Anonymousreply 301November 10, 2016 4:37 AM

Nope. That was an interesting reveal... but I'm not sure it was a good reveal. Because as you say, it doesn't really make any sense yet. There really should have been more groundwork laid to make the reveal seem 'obvious' in retrospect... THAT'S how you do a "shocking" reveal. As it is, this reveal is only "puzzling".

by Anonymousreply 302November 10, 2016 4:49 AM

I'm ok with "puzzling" rather than "shocking." Shocking reveals are sometimes too cliché anyway. You're right about it being interesting, though. Something that's been a little lacking lately. And whether it's good or not time will tell. By the way, I'm like Felicity much better since she is no longer Oliver's girlfriend. She's much more her own person again.

by Anonymousreply 303November 10, 2016 5:13 AM

You'd think bank robbers would give Star City a wide berth. Ditto Metropolis, Gotham, Central City, etc.

by Anonymousreply 304November 17, 2016 1:19 AM

Maybe that's why I'm finding her tolerable these few episodes I've seen, R303.

by Anonymousreply 305November 30, 2016 11:23 PM

Not a huge Felicity fan - but thought she was actually pretty good in this - esp. with very little dialogue. Actually think all of the actors do pretty well and probably had better writing than on their regular shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306December 1, 2016 12:32 AM

Good episode tonight. Nice to see Laurel and Mama Queen.

by Anonymousreply 307December 1, 2016 1:31 AM

Hell, even in alternate universe-land, Laurel still doesn't end up with Oliver. ☹️

Did they actually mention that Tommy was a doctor in Chicago?!?! Ha!!

The episode, for the most part, was great, especially with the nerds coming together.

I'll preface my comment by saying that I know that superheroes and super aliens aren't real, but the end of the episode was too ridiculous for words. Seeing Oliver and Thea and Diggle in that spaceship was crazy.

Arrow has always been more "believable" than the other shows, mostly because Oliver obviously isn't a meta-human or an alien. It's more "real".

I've gotten used to seeing the Legends in their spaceship so it's no big deal. It was downright off-putting to see Oliver in outer space.

Cannot wait for tomorrow's conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 308December 1, 2016 6:38 AM

Mang, them's some nice tatas on Rick Gonzalez. Face pubes not so much

by Anonymousreply 309December 1, 2016 4:37 PM

I'm impressed how many special guests the episode was able to squeeze in. But then it's fairly easy when the Alien threat story plot has, from the two crossover episodes so far, taken up about five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 310December 1, 2016 9:43 PM

The continuity problems with the rain in that last big fight scene were very distracting.

It's raining. It's not raining. It's raining. It's not raining. Soaked in one scene, dry in the next.

COLTON AT THE END THOUGH!

by Anonymousreply 311December 2, 2016 2:19 AM

Well, they certainly left a shit-storm to clean up in the second half, didn't they?

by Anonymousreply 312December 8, 2016 2:14 AM

They did.

by Anonymousreply 313December 8, 2016 3:57 AM

Ugh, why the hell did they kill off Mary Sue's boyfriend??

Dammit!

So Laurel is an hallucination, right?

That horrid girl that betrayed them is just as whiny and bratty and fucking annoying as when she was on another CW show. Hate her.

It's too bad about that guy and his husband.

by Anonymousreply 314December 8, 2016 6:14 AM

Will Curtis and Paul get back together?

Will we ever see the gay police chief on Flash again? Never mind HIS husband?

by Anonymousreply 315December 8, 2016 2:14 PM

Black Canary lives!

by Anonymousreply 316December 9, 2016 9:38 PM

Singh was in the last 2 episodes of Flash, r315

by Anonymousreply 317December 10, 2016 4:03 AM

I can't wait to find out how they explain Laurel coming back.

God I hope her character doesn't such as much as it used to. I was so glad she died.

by Anonymousreply 318December 10, 2016 4:07 AM

With the shit this season has become, seeing Katie Cassidy was a fucking joy. But I was secretly hoping to see Tommy.

by Anonymousreply 319December 10, 2016 4:27 AM

So... it wasn't ACTUALLY Laurel. Of course.

I'm so sick of whiney Ollie though.

by Anonymousreply 320January 26, 2017 1:54 AM

I like Oliver and Felicity's interactions much better when they are not a couple.

by Anonymousreply 321January 26, 2017 2:08 AM

This show has fallen apart. I'm gonna stick with it, but it's now more background noise then anything. I only like 2 new characters. Mr. Wonderful and the guy with the coat made of rags. Does the show have new writers or something? What's going on?

by Anonymousreply 322February 9, 2017 2:04 AM

I agree, R322. It is becoming a chore to watch this. Even Mr. Wonderful, who started off really well, is getting annoying.

by Anonymousreply 323February 9, 2017 1:42 PM

gun debate! way to rustle the jimmies of americans on every side!

by Anonymousreply 324February 16, 2017 9:17 PM

I am loving Josh Segarra's scene chewery as a villain with all the evil bubbling right beneath the surface.

by Anonymousreply 325March 26, 2017 12:59 PM

The Gun-control episode was a new low... just terrible.

Last week's episode was nothing but torture porn dragged out to a full episode. Maybe five minutes of relevant content in the entire episode.

Josh Segarra is great. But man, everything else is just... off, boring, bad, stupid, tedious, annoying, or frustrating.

Season 2 of this show was amazing, and season 3 was very good, but it's been all down hill.

by Anonymousreply 326March 26, 2017 4:09 PM

No ones been watching??

Season finale??

by Anonymousreply 327May 25, 2017 1:22 AM

Meh. Lame finale. Stupid cliff-hanger. I won't be back next season. I'm done.

by Anonymousreply 328May 25, 2017 2:07 AM

That crazy motherfucker!!

Of course, no one is dead. Not even Black siren or whatever the hell her name is. Katie is going to be back as a season regular next year.

I hope Sarah's girlfriend is okay as well. Her name escapes me.

Slade was back!! Love him.

by Anonymousreply 329May 25, 2017 2:44 AM

I bet Slade brought them back into the secure prison facility which, for some reason, wasn't set up with bombs.

The big bad is just killing himself? Meh. I thought that William's mom would off the guy for putting her son in danger. However it was nice seeing Slade and others for the big finale. At least the show remembered for Oliver having to look like he spend all this time on the island by putting him in a wig and fake beard before he gets found on the island.

by Anonymousreply 330May 25, 2017 11:55 AM

a fitting and fun end to the season. props to Greg for the cliff hanger. will miss the hot mess bad guy next year. but if Slade is back all will be well.

by Anonymousreply 331May 27, 2017 8:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332March 11, 2018 3:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!