Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

iZombie Season 2

Premiered tonight! Really good opening episode ... really nice set-up for the new season.

Anyone else watching?

by Anonymousreply 110May 17, 2019 3:06 AM

Fuck off, shill.

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2015 3:23 AM

Fuck off "anyone who enjoys something and wants to talk about it is a shill" troll.

If you aren't interested in or watching the show, then don't click on the link and don't comment. It's really just that simple.

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2015 3:29 AM

So... is killing a zombie murder? I mean, technically, they're already dead, right? So... is Major a murderer or not?

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2015 3:59 AM

Thanks for the heads up, OP ..... didn't realize it was on already ? 22 episode season ???

Thought it was a good start too. Seems like a pretty decent story arc. They built well too the zombie 'spidey sense'. That's a lot of zombies though..... Wonder how far Major will get with the clean up..... I'm thinking his sense might be 'off' at some point and he might kill a human.

Was hoping to see Peyton back. Liv's new roommate can't hide for long. Especially if she's trying to bone Major. I was kind of hoping for more of personal trainer Major ..... oh well.

They should just focus on all of the zombie drama ..........the weakest point this week was the murder mystery ........... as soon as the kid mentioned squirrel killing, I remembered Liv with the squeak toy and had it solved.

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2015 6:00 AM

Second episode not so great .............. have no interest at all in Blaine or his new storyline ...

Major using drugs makes sense with his new job ....

The 'mystery' was easy again this week (SPOILER --- wrong Chad killed), even though they didn't reveal the killer's reason until the very end when they got his confession.

Still hoping Peyton comes back (doesn't look like the pilot she shot was picked up) ..... maybe she ran because she is a zombie now too ........

Feeling pretty uninvested right now --- may need to stop watching it and binge watch it later. So many threads left dangling ..... nothing about Liv's brother, about MaxRacer (?) or Steven Weber's character .... and a new storyline with Blaine about this new Boss character and Blaine's father......

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2015 4:03 AM

Huh. I had the opposite reaction. I loved this episode.

They pretty much resolved the Liv's Brother thing in that he absolutely wants nothing to do with her right now. So of course there's going to be some time before getting back to him.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2015 4:08 AM

Paton is back!!

A very fun episode. Again. I really enjoy this show. But I kind of feel like I'm one of the few.

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2015 2:13 AM

I still want to take Major as my sex slave.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2015 2:51 AM

No complaints about a shirtless Major episode. Again, the mystery itself was weak, but Liv as a trophy wife was fun.

Peyton back is nice to see. Hope her story is a good one.

So Steven Weber's assistant is his daughter. I knew she' get some Major meat.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2015 6:47 AM

I'm surprised by how much I like Peyton coming back, and the way they handled it.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2015 2:40 PM

I wonder if they'll ever get back to her brother and mother...

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2015 2:09 AM

More Shirtless Major!

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2015 2:38 PM

EVEN MORE SHIRTLESS MAJOR!

by Anonymousreply 13October 28, 2015 1:05 AM

Major is really falling apart...

by Anonymousreply 14October 28, 2015 1:56 AM

I like the fact that Major is not just the typical perfect boring handsome ex-boyfriend, but do they have to pile on him as if he is some classic soap heroine whose life is one turmoil after another. Hopefully he hit rock bottom and will rebound a little.

by Anonymousreply 15October 28, 2015 2:13 AM

Loved that Ravi named the dog 'Minor' ........ starting the show with shirtless Major was smart.

They're not even really trying with the 'mysteries' anymore. They should just drop them and focus on the zombie storylines. They can get rid of Babineux and his new sidekick.

Not going to love Peyton and Blaine together if they're going to go that way.

Is the new roommate Gilda or Rita (I thought Major's text said Rita) ? ...... One Major/Two Roommates ......let the zombie/cat fight begin.

by Anonymousreply 16October 28, 2015 3:28 AM

Glad som eother folks are liking this show - it feels like nobody I know watches it, and I really enjoy it! I don't want them to get rid of the murders of the week, one of my favorite things is seein Liv take on the different personalities every episode. It's like a horror version of Quantum Leap!

by Anonymousreply 17October 28, 2015 3:35 AM

I stand corrected R17 .... agree that Liv taking on the personalities is often entertaining. Guess that gimmick makes the lame mysteries more worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 18October 28, 2015 4:19 AM

Yeah. I think the show is a lot of fun. It seems under-rated and under-appreciated to me. Not that it's brilliant or anything, it's just a lot more entertaining that a lot of the things that pass for popular TV shows these days.

by Anonymousreply 19October 30, 2015 2:17 PM

Loving tonight's episode. Love all the musical puns.

"This is Dale Bozzio, heading up the Missing Persons taskforce."

by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2015 1:28 AM

What a great episode. Who was the writer? It was more clever than usual...all the references, puns, etc.

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2015 2:03 AM

Funny I didn't catch the Dale Bozzio/Missing Persons reference until this week's recap.

Happy to see Major's downward spiral seems to have stopped. Guess his efforts to stop zombie killing will be shortlived, especially with the nasty ex-fuck buddy.

Clive seems to be slowly getting more clued in to the zombie apocalypse ..... about time.

Big surprise that Blaine tried to take advantage of the efficient zombie killing utopium. Really hoping they don't get him too close to Peyton. If Major and Liv can reunite, certainly Ravi and Peyton can too.

by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2015 4:11 AM

You really think Clive is getting clued in?

by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2015 4:22 AM

Yea ...dale bozo told him they found astronaut hair in Blaines restaurant drain and the Chiefs wife handed him a brain

by Anonymousreply 24November 4, 2015 9:46 AM

Doesn't mean he has a clue yet.

by Anonymousreply 25November 4, 2015 2:32 PM

I thought this was one of the best episodes of the season... the constant (sometimes subtle) music puns were very well done as well.

I think this season has been a lot stronger than last season, and I loved last season.

by Anonymousreply 26November 5, 2015 1:28 PM

Skype Stripping! Shirtless Major!

by Anonymousreply 27November 11, 2015 1:56 AM

Gotta love two full scenes of shirtless Major.

Fun little episode. I like this show. I don't LOVE it, but I do enjoy it.

I just wish the brains didn't look like candy-colored jello molds... real brains are GRAY night bright pink.

by Anonymousreply 28November 11, 2015 8:15 PM

I really like Liv and Major happy together ....the show doesn't need the romantic tension.

I don't want Peyton to be hurt or in danger ...glad she is back with storyline.

The "boss" seemed so nebbishy, but was quite menacing.

Major has a freezer full of bodies ? Does he really cross people off his list based on whether his arm hair raises ?

I guess he shoots them if they move once they are out of the deep freeze ?

Agree ... We all know the brain drill (ha) now .... Seeing Liv's little cooking show every week is unnecessary now,.

by Anonymousreply 29November 11, 2015 8:23 PM

I don't think Major has actually been shooting people -- the people in the freezer are the people he was supposed to shoot and he is putting in storage. The body bags he have been shooting are the mannequins so if anyone is watching him it looks like he is doing the hits (and to fake out the audience into thinking he was killing zombies). It keeps him from being a murderer and to prevent the character from going irreversibly dark..

I like Liv and Major - it would be nice if the show avoided the norm and did not do continual relationship angst.

I also like Peyton - she seems smart, mature, good at her job. More CW female characters should be more like her.

The nebbish villain did a great job from going seemingly harmlessly geeky to truly menacing but still a strangely happy geek. It was a nice twist on that type of character.

by Anonymousreply 30November 12, 2015 12:19 AM

Oh, I'll have to watch it again. He's been throwing mannequins in the river ? I totally missed that.

So, everyone he has kidnapped is in deep freeze ? He's assuming that they can be thawed and cured once Ravi finally gets the cure ?

Cripes --- that's a big plot point I missed right there. I also didn't realize Dale Bozzio was looking for MISSING people, not DEAD people.

Doh.

by Anonymousreply 31November 12, 2015 12:51 AM

It wasn't that clear and I might have misinterpreted it -- plus the show made it look like he was throwing bodies in the river up until the end of the last episode. If you look at the garage where he had the freezer you will see their were a number of mannequins hanging there - that was the first time we saw the mannequins.

by Anonymousreply 32November 12, 2015 12:55 AM

Tonight's episode was just okay for me. Pretty much had the 'mystery' solved (not the twist though) ....

Quick shirtless Major and Clive ......... Wasn't expecting Liv to sabotage Dale's investigation. It was funny how Blaine didn't show Liv the picture of the newly named Minor. THAT would've solved the case pretty quickly.

Not a fan of the obviously upcoming Peyton/Blaine thing ........ I wish they'd just move her on with Ravi.

Second episode in a row with no real Max Rager storyline. They're loading up the series with a whole lot of storyline with Max Rager/The Boss/Ravi curing zombism, etc.

by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2015 3:23 AM

And am I supposed to know who the lady that dropped the 'Occupant' envelope on Dale's doorstep is ?

by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2015 3:24 AM

I don't care what anyone says, I think this season is even better than season 1, which was very entertaining.

I still want to know how her brother is doing though. They dropped that plot line like a hot potato for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2015 4:59 PM

Thought last night's episode was very good too. Glad Clive is more than just the cop sidekick now.

The mystery was decent. I thought it was the husband of the dry cleaner lady (wasn't it a GUY'S voice telling the brother to get in the car ? Or was he talking to his sister when she was pulling off the ring ??)

Was clever to have Liv's roommate send her the pic without a headshot so Liv still doesn't know who Rita is (what is the character's real name ?)

Think the season is very good too, if a bit story heavy (with Blaine's story, Peyton's mob pursuit, Liv/Major and Ravi still trying to cure zombism ..........and Max Rager too ...).

Something has got me thinking Liv is going to end up killing her roommate thus ensuring the wrath of her father, Steven Weber. Could be wrong.

Hoping Liv's family will be back sometime too ..........Peyton had a bit of a break for awhile as well, so their time may come again.

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2015 2:03 AM

I like the show, but I kind of wish they would not have gone the predictable relationship drama with Major and Liv. Either make them a couple (and I do like them together) or don't. Every show does not have to have constant angst for their lead couple. Plus the contrivance of secrets is pretty lazy writing. Have everything out in the open and have them operate more as a team. They have enough outside problems to cause drama.

Steven Weber is starting to grown on me as the big bad. I don't care for his daughter though -- she is not that good of an actress and does not really bring anything new to a tired role of feme fatale. Other than that I like the cast.

It was kind of scary how quick Liv started to go cannibalistic when she had not eaten. I did not realize she could lose it that quickly.

by Anonymousreply 37December 6, 2015 3:30 AM

I don't want the drama of break up/make up for Liv/Major either ......... I think they're as together as a couple as they can be right now (Weber's daughter isn't a threat, but they need the cure to go all the way) ..... I think it is pretty consistent so far. Last season Liv's secret was zombism and this season Major's secret is zombie killer ..... but they're together more as a couple than they were last season, so I'm glad for that.

Right now, I am hoping Ravi and Peyton become a couple again too and that Blaine's character is written off (or paired with Steven Weber's daughter). I liked the Blaine character more in early season one, but not as much as the season went along and he became a brain entrepreneur/mass murderer.

If they want t concentrate on the weekly mystery (which Clive/Ravi/Peyton can be involved in) and the Super Max Rager storyline (which Liv/Major/Steven Weber can be involved in), I am fine with that. Let The Boss take out Blaine and end both of those storylines.

by Anonymousreply 38December 6, 2015 3:38 AM

Yes - I like the actor who plays Blaine, but they really wrote him into a corner - I just don't see how he is viable as a long-term character. Hopefully they won't make the classic mistake of not killing off a popular villain and then the show suffers as it finds some contrived way to keep the character around and even try to redeem him (I am looking at you Sylar, and while not exactly a great show -- a guilty pleasure of mine - Once Upon a Time suffered from the 800 redemptions of its lead villains.).

I did not dislike Peyton last year, but I don't remember liking her as much as I do now. It is a pretty likable cast.

I am guessing at some point Clive is going to need to be brought into the fold. He is not a dumb man, and it at times stretches credibility that he is not more suspicious of Liv's antics.

by Anonymousreply 39December 6, 2015 3:55 AM

I want to be in a Rahul Kohli / Robert Buckley sandwich.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 6, 2015 3:56 AM

Any indication on whether iZombie will get a season 3?

I hope they resolve the relationship issues with Major, get everything out on the table, accept each other, and that they can move forward next season as a team. Together.

by Anonymousreply 41December 6, 2015 5:42 PM

...Bueller?

by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2015 6:34 PM

Major is so fucking adorable... happy, sad, everywhere in between. No fucking way I'd ever break up with him.

by Anonymousreply 43December 9, 2015 1:59 AM

Rahul Kohli is the Indian John Krasinski. I want him inside me deeply.

by Anonymousreply 44December 9, 2015 12:56 PM

Probably the best episode of the season so far.

'Superhero' Liv was fun and it is good to know there are other 'superheroes' around that might die for Liv to solve their murders too.

I thought they might keep zombie hooker around ... she had great chemistry with Major. Her story was sad and compelling. I thought Major might ask him to help bring down Steven Weber or The Boss.

NOTE --- someone on this show has a 'type' (like Ryan Murphy does) .... the zombie hooker, Peyton, Steven Weber's daughter .... even the 'mugging victim' on last night's episode.

Haven't figured out who the actor is playing the latest hunky zombie (the muscle for The Boss') .... he reminded me of Mark Salling from 'Glee'.

Soooooo ...........both Blaine and Major are soon set to 'zombie out' again ........ Ravi has been working on the cure with the rat for nearly as long as both of them were shot up with the cure. Hurry Ravi, find those bodies.

'The Boss' and his story isn't thrilling me yet ............ he hasn't interacted with Major yet and I'm wondering if he is a zombie too.

Sad to see we are back to 'break up' again in the make up/break up routine of Major and Liv.

Wonder what happens in the next week ...........what will Liv be doing if Clive actually drops her as 'his partner' ?? Maybe she'll work with Dale Bozzio to solve the missing rich people case. Dun Dun DUN !!

by Anonymousreply 45December 9, 2015 5:59 PM

No wonder the episode was so good ..............it was the mid season finale and it won't be returning until 2016.

The producer did an interview where he mentions a season three, but I don't know if it has actually been renewed yet.

Greg Finley (from 'The Flash') is playing Drake, the new zombie Boss henchman. I wonder if they'll hook him up with Liv. Could see him turning to her for advice/commiseration since she is the one that turned him.

A Major/Liv/Drake sandwich sounds pretty tasty to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 9, 2015 6:13 PM

I want to know what happened to Liv's brother, dammit.

by Anonymousreply 47January 5, 2016 10:23 PM

Returns next Tuesday 01/12 ........ ??? four more episodes ???

by Anonymousreply 48January 7, 2016 4:59 PM

Most hilarious moment: "How about a show where the zombie is the star?" "That's stupid!"

So very meta.

by Anonymousreply 49January 13, 2016 5:01 AM

Is this a full season or thirteen episodes ?

Still a lot to resolve.

That was a great line R49 ..... Also the actor having a Prince Albert and a sex tape ... and Clive saying he is skeeved out by zombies .... they actually had two mysteries this week (dead Santa and dead actor) .... the main one wasn't so hot (prop master replaced gun .... meh)

I'm thinking the cliffhanger this season will be the late discovery of the tainted utopium with Ravi whipping up a new batch of vaccine and injecting it into Blaine and Major without being sure (until next season ..... IS THERE ONE ??) whether it works or not.

Major is playing Steven Weber pretty well so far. We'll see how that all plays out in the end. His daughter will probably discover Major is freezing zombies by the end of the season. Liv should scratch HER.

Not much new on the Peyton/Mr. Boss front ... that all needs resolution. And Dale Bozzio is about to tie Blaine to the explosion at the restaurant ...........maybe next week Clive will have Liv's brother come to jail to identify Blaine and he will run into Liv while he is there.

by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2016 4:19 AM

It's a full season as far as I know, just like last season...

by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2016 11:20 PM

I was already feeling bad about Major's good bye scene -- but wow -- Peyton!

by Anonymousreply 52February 3, 2016 2:08 AM

Another great episode. Lucky actress who gets to snog with all those hot guys...

by Anonymousreply 53February 3, 2016 2:17 PM

Upthread I called that Liv would be all over Drake (I even said he'd come to her for zombie advice).

Ick over Peyton and Blaine .... that Silkwood shower is definitely called for. If there is a season three, I am kind of hoping it is Blaine-less.

The whole 'Boss' thing is boring and a waste of time. They should just draw Peyton back in with Ravi and she can just grab a metal detector and help find the utopium corpses ....

I like Bozzio and Clive together. Funny how she gets him flustered. But I'm not sure they're intending to keep her on long term (what makes me think she's going to be zombie bait and cause Clive to seriously hate on Liv and her kind ??)

Poor Minor ..... I would've comforted Major (and licked all over his face and everywhere else)

by Anonymousreply 54February 3, 2016 5:59 PM

I want to be in a Major and Drake sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 55February 4, 2016 12:10 AM

'You look just like a doll my little sister used to have'

Funny line.

Seems like things are slowly coming together.

They seem to be going all the way with Drake and Liv (with her meeting his mother and all). Wonder who that will leave Major with (unless the triangle comes to fruition)

Foreshadowing of Peyton becoming a zombie ? I certainly hope they keep her away from Blaine, who remains a slimy villain that is not likeable enough at all ............ Peyton and Ravi (or maybe even Major ?)

They may need to do a bit of cast cutting ......... since adding Dale Bozzio, now they have added Drake, Mr. Boss and the new Max Rager security guy. Bit of a bad guy overload with Steven Weber, Blaine and Mr. Boss.

I'd still like to see some of Liv's family show back up again for a little resolution.

by Anonymousreply 56February 11, 2016 6:26 PM

Interesting how the guilty party just got away this time.

No surprise about the Blaine twist though.

But lots of other great twists and reveals!

Great episode.

by Anonymousreply 57February 24, 2016 2:08 AM

Is it wrong that I want Major and Drake to get naked together?

by Anonymousreply 58February 24, 2016 3:03 AM

Intolerable Frau show

by Anonymousreply 59February 24, 2016 7:38 AM

No, R59. Fun comic book show.

by Anonymousreply 60February 24, 2016 1:39 PM

Finally watched last week's episode and then his week's ............ is it weird I can't even remember the previous week's episode ?? And I literally just watched it before watching last night's ...........huh.

So, yeaaa ....... Drake is a good guy.

Liv is on to Gilda/Rita ......... We'll see what happens with that.

If Blaine reverted, then Major is due to as well in about a day or two.

I like Blaine's minions (Candy and Donnie) much more than I like Blaine.

No Peyton this week. There is still a whooooole lot going on with the show storyline wise.

I think that the coffee daughter will possibly end up being a victim later in the season .... leaving with a big check and all ........

Too bad the cast is so large already .... Pam could be a fun character to keep around. Even if she just appears when Ravi/Liv show up to get a coffee.

by Anonymousreply 61February 24, 2016 9:22 PM

Perhaps death accelerated the reversion of Blaine.

by Anonymousreply 62February 25, 2016 4:05 AM

so blaine has sex with candy and turned her into a zombie then got killed himself and rose from the grave a zombie again?

by Anonymousreply 63February 25, 2016 11:36 AM

I missed that. I thought Candy already was a zombie ...... wasn't there something about Blaine's father torturing her or cutting off her fingers or something. Well, I guess Blaine can give her to Major as another decoy to save one of his paying customers. Although now Major would be happy to take Blaine instead .... and really kill him, rather than freeze him.

by Anonymousreply 64February 26, 2016 5:18 AM

I am assuming Bllaine was reverting and turned the hooker and not the other way around-- it was already a predicted via the rat, he did not like the taste of the wine, it adds more drama/suspense about Major turning soon. However, I can see how people thought he turned from sleeping with a zombie hooker or him getting killed triggered it.

I like the actor and have liked the character, but I am kind of ready for Blaine to be killed off for good. It seems like he has run his course, and he is so clearly evil now that having him mix it up with Liv from time to time no longer works.

by Anonymousreply 65February 26, 2016 12:36 PM

Is this show going to be cancelled ?

What is up with the spotty scheduling since the 'mid season/holiday' break ??

Supposedly there was a new episode last night, but I haven't found it on Hulu or online ....

And that would be the latest episode since February.

Was expecting to binge watch three episodes and catch up and BUPKISS.

by Anonymousreply 66March 16, 2016 10:15 PM

Looks like the CW has renewed EVERY scripted show, so WTF ?

There was a one month break from Dec 8 to Jan 12

Then a two week break until February 2

And now a break from February 22 to March 22

Sloppy

by Anonymousreply 67March 16, 2016 10:26 PM

This week lots of shows have been on repeats because of Spring Break. It's pretty typical.

by Anonymousreply 68March 17, 2016 4:10 AM

It was renewed for Season 3. Season 2 ends on 4/12. Rob Thomas the producer invited Rob Thomas the singer to appear in the episode to sing a TV commercial jingle for Super Max. It should be fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 7, 2016 8:04 PM

Damn - Major has the luck of Mary Ingalls, Kelly Taylor, and a 1980's soap ingenue combined. I am glad he was at least able to come clean to Ravi. He was also pretty entertaining on the happy brains. They show has definitely hired good looking actors, but they are actually all pretty decent actors, esp. compared to much of the CW.

by Anonymousreply 70April 7, 2016 11:26 PM

Stopped watching it (and haven't read threads in about three weeks)

I'll get back to it in a weekend binge watch .......... I have three episodes to catch up on.

Last I saw was Blaine scaring the shit out of group of bird watching girls.

by Anonymousreply 71April 7, 2016 11:30 PM

Next week is the two hour finale, so you will soon have quite a bit of time to catch up before there are more new episodes.

by Anonymousreply 72April 7, 2016 11:34 PM

THE SHIT IS GOING DOWN!!!

by Anonymousreply 73April 13, 2016 12:50 AM

Yep -- first part was intense. I am hoping Major makes it to next season. He is the one regular I could see not making it.

by Anonymousreply 74April 13, 2016 1:06 AM

I love the show, but if I'm deeply honest with myself, Major is more than half the reason I watch. They cannot get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 75April 13, 2016 1:07 AM

[quote]I love the show, but if I'm deeply honest with myself, Major is more than half the reason I watch. They cannot get rid of him.

Yep. I like most of the cast, but agree with the statement above [for largely superficial reasons].

by Anonymousreply 76April 13, 2016 1:10 AM

They'll probably kill off Drake so that Liz and Major can get back together.

by Anonymousreply 77April 13, 2016 1:21 AM

Rob Thomas??

by Anonymousreply 78April 13, 2016 1:29 AM

SHIT JUST GOT REAL!

by Anonymousreply 79April 13, 2016 1:33 AM

So either they just killed Rob Thomas... or he'll come back next season as a zombie.

I'm strangely amused.

by Anonymousreply 80April 13, 2016 1:36 AM

(Rob Zombie.... get it?)

by Anonymousreply 81April 13, 2016 1:37 AM

Rob looks like he has kept himself in shape.

I really do enjoy the show, but I wonder if it would be to end it next year. With its set-up I think it would be better as more of a limited series rather than finding contrived ways to keep it going.

by Anonymousreply 82April 13, 2016 1:43 AM

I am kind of ready for Max Rager to get killed off. His bit has gotten a bit tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 83April 13, 2016 1:49 AM

I kinda love all the musical puns and references ... from Dale Bozio (lead singer for missing persons... detective looking for Missing Persons... hehe) to the unlock code of 8675309....

by Anonymousreply 84April 13, 2016 1:51 AM

I CALLED IT (re: Drake)

AND YOU GOT YOUR WISH! (re: Max Rager)

AND OH MY GOD THEY'RE EATING ROB THOMAS'S BRAIN!

by Anonymousreply 85April 13, 2016 1:59 AM

For a moment when Major went off on his to the survivor zombies I thought something might happened, esp. when they all recognized him. Although that would be a bit of overkill for Liv to have to go through - having two boyfriends killed off - one by her own hand.

Good finale - not sure I care for the set-up for next year - but will wait to see how it plays out.

by Anonymousreply 86April 13, 2016 3:13 AM

Well, the Max Rager thing is pretty much put to bed thankfully. That was played out.

Sad to see Drake go. I liked him.

It was a CRAZY OVER THE TOP finale. Holy shit, all the things that happened.

by Anonymousreply 87April 13, 2016 5:56 AM

that last 60 seconds was an interesting twist as a set up for next season. i'm glad clive knows now cuz it was getting silly that he didn't know, but i actually liked him with the fbi lady, sad to see her go.

by Anonymousreply 88April 14, 2016 12:54 AM

Yes -- with everything going on it was making Clive look like a dupe not knowing. They did a nice job with the reveal, and I am glad they did not go the route where he and Liv were estranged because of the secret for two or three episodes.

I missed the first few episodes of the season. Did Liv get completely cut off by her mother and brother for not donating blood when he needed it? I expected them to appear later in the season deal with the fallout more, but maybe it was completely handled in the first episode. I did not miss the mother, although I liked the brother, but the show is pretty busy with a number of subplots and recurring characters, maybe they just wanted to focus on other things.

by Anonymousreply 89April 14, 2016 1:10 AM

There was a brief scene where they were shown really resenting her. But that whole plot-line never really sat well with me. She just gave up, they just cut her out, and that was that. The fact that she has no idea how her brother is doing after being so seriously injured -- and doesn't seem to care -- feels wrong..

by Anonymousreply 90April 14, 2016 1:13 AM

Thanks -- yes that does seem out of character for Liv. That is why I was expecting her to try and work it out with them sometime during the season. I am guessing the writers wanted to drop that storyline and those characters, but did it in kind of a lazy fashion.

by Anonymousreply 91April 14, 2016 1:17 AM

yeah, that whole storyline with her mother and brother bothers me too since it was resolved so poorly.

by Anonymousreply 92April 14, 2016 1:28 AM

Just finally binge watched the last five episodes ...........

Seems the Max Rager plotline is totally done now, which is okay .......... but that scientist guy had the tainted utopium from the boat party, so who knows how that plays out.

I don't think Mr. Boss or Don E are dead, so I guess the drug war continues on ....

They set up 'nice' Blaine to save Peyton who hooked up with Ravi again, so that can be continued.

The mass destruction at the party will probably involve FBI investigation, so I'm expecting FBI agent Dale Bozzio to return to question witness Clive Babineau.

Not sure how Ravi's plans for a cure play into Liv's potential alignment with Vivian and her plans for the Seattle Zombie Homeland ............. will he still be looking for it or will Liv and Major remain zombies happily ever after and join the brain of the month club ? (with Blaine searching for missing Natalie, zombie prostitute ??)

I guess that can be the plan for the start of season three since 'memory loss' gives the writers a chance to re-set the Blaine character.

Was not overwhelmed by the last five episodes ....... they were okay. I guess I'll tune in to see where it all picks up.

by Anonymousreply 93June 6, 2016 4:12 AM

Where's the iZombie Season 3 thread? For some reason I can't find it... I know it's out there...

by Anonymousreply 94April 19, 2017 1:29 AM

I still like it, but it might be running of of steam. *I will say the Peyton-Ravi-Blaine merry-go-round is painful in not a good way.

by Anonymousreply 95April 19, 2017 2:01 AM

Yeah, but mucho Major shirtless in locker room scenes makes it worth it all by itself.

by Anonymousreply 96April 19, 2017 2:19 AM

Yes - Major is a good reason to watch, and he is actually not a bad actor.

by Anonymousreply 97April 19, 2017 2:21 AM

They're doing a good job keeping him shirtless in every episode.

by Anonymousreply 98May 6, 2017 7:50 AM

I love this show... are we getting a season 4?

by Anonymousreply 99June 28, 2017 3:59 AM

It is renewed for season 4. I still like the show, but I thought this season was weaker than the first 2, and I am not sure I care for the set-up for season 4.

by Anonymousreply 100June 28, 2017 12:13 PM

Well, at least they're not implausibly dragging out the whole "it's a secret that only our two main characters know about"...

by Anonymousreply 101June 28, 2017 2:43 PM

I think it it was probably time for them to move on from the original format, I am just not sure I am as interested in the new format, but that is more me than the show. I do think they might have miscast Jason Dohring as Chase, and that could be a problem if the character is heavily featured next season.

by Anonymousreply 102June 28, 2017 6:35 PM

iZombie's Season Finale Obliterated the Status Quo and Made Next Season a Must-Watch:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 28, 2017 7:54 PM

I love this show... it seems deeply under-appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 104July 12, 2017 9:56 PM

I think MAJOR is criminally under-appreciated. That man is a STAR. And he took his shirt off a TON this season.

by Anonymousreply 105July 17, 2017 10:07 PM

I know that this show is already on season 4 and this thread is pretty old, but it was the only one I could find.

Just found these deleted scenes from season 2 episode 13. Of course they would cut the scene where Liv's brother comes out as gay.

Really hate the lack of gay characters in general, even though I love the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 1, 2018 5:48 AM

Besides those scenes at 2 x13, did they cut out others with the brother and mother. I don't remember seeing them at all after season 1 and thought they kind of left a lot of issues with them unresolved when they thought Liv was being selfish for not donating blood. I know people were not happy that the story line was dropped. I wonder if the above scenes were cut because they completely cut the mother and son from season 2.

I still like the show, but feel it might be time to wrap it up before it is just circling the drain. They also need to tone down Liv's brain of the week, because it is getting more annoying now than clever.

by Anonymousreply 107May 1, 2018 12:45 PM

IZombie got renewed for a fifth and final season.

by Anonymousreply 108May 17, 2018 1:26 PM

I am glad it got one more season and they know they need to wrap it up. The show has run its course, but it will be nice to see them get a chance to not leave the characters and the fans hanging, or have to do a rushed wrap-up if they found out about the cancellation in the middle of the year.

by Anonymousreply 109May 18, 2018 1:29 AM

The show finally had an obviously gay character (played by Cody Kearsley who also plays bisexual Moose on Riverdale) and of course he was one of the people to die at the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 110May 17, 2019 3:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!