Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does anyone have the original Claire and her bread pudding post?

I was trying to summarize for my husband, but it really doesn't translate.

by Anonymousreply 54September 5, 2020 6:45 PM

I thought Claire was the lez who was very particular about the placement of her fully loaded baked potato while dining at Ruth's Chris Stakehouse. Or am I thinking of some other lunatic?

by Anonymousreply 1October 6, 2015 4:00 PM

The Ruth's birthday dinner is my all time DL fave. I would love to read it again.

by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2015 4:44 PM

I have the entire thread safed as an pdf-file on my computer. Can I post it somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 3October 6, 2015 8:27 PM

Ooooh that would be great!!! Unfortunately I am not tech savvy enough to know how that could be accomplished. Hopefully someone else can tell you how to do it.

by Anonymousreply 4October 6, 2015 8:31 PM

Part 1 of 20: Birthday Dinner Gone Wrong last friday i accompanied my roommate to a birthday dinner for his friend, whom i'd met before and gotten along with just fine. i expected i'd be splitting the tab with my roommate and a couple other people - picking up the birthday girl's tab, right? well first, not everyone shows up for the dinner, so it's three people picking up the birthday girl's tab. but second -- the birthday girl brings her childhood friend CLAIRE who is also having her birthday that night. so now i am at this dinner -- at a pricey steakhouse -- where i am dreading having to split *two* tabs between three people. i find out claire -- who by the way is clearly a closeted lesbian -- had picked the restaurant out because it was her favorite. (i had been protesting via email for a cheaper and better alternative, THE PALM, but to no avail.) she knew the menu well -- not only did she tell the waitress that she wanted her "loaded baked potato," but she indicated exactly where she wanted it on the table, that is, right next to her. claire was also hostile, as many lesbians are, and took light hearted small talk very seriously, as many lesbians do. for instance, she was not friendly to my theory on the difference between a real date and a non-date. "where are you from?" she asked me. "los angeles," i toldher. "that explains it!" she replied. as the meal ended, the waitress brought claire and the original birthday girl two free desserts -- chocolate cake and cheesecake. claire grumbled, as she had been openly discussing the bread pudding she's wanted to order all night. my friend and i had already asked for the check so we could split it and leave early -- we had stuff to do. as the check arrived, claire sent it back, asking the waitress to add a bread pudding to it. but the birthday girl felt guilty and offered to take us out to dinner sometime -- with claire. claire didn't actually say she was guilty, she was enjoying her bread pudding. my roommate thinks this wasn't a big deal, but i feel like i was financially raped. am i in the wrong here? by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:37 It sounds like Claire is as big a cunt as Julie. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:39 >>i find out claire -- who by the way is clearly a closeted lesbian Ah, you new trolls! You can never resist giving yourselves away too early. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:39 snore by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:40 oh get over it. take up fiction writing if it attracts you so much. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:41 No one's been named "Claire" in about 60 years. Get out much? by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:42

by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2015 8:49 PM

2 / 20: OP is "cleary" a longwinded troll who finds herself hysterical. Please take troll lessons, OP. Somewhere else. Come back when you have managed the art of the Lunchtime Troll, which is to be succinct in your trolliness. Move it along. No repetition. Now get out of here. And go clean your room. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:43 Claire sounds horrible. I'm just amazed you found a steak house *more* expensive than The Palm. Was it Ruth's Chris? I'd thought they'd be about the same. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:43 the story's all real, folks. i spared you the details betraying claire's lesbiabism -- her thick calves were only one exhibit of evidence. by: OP 09/27/2004 @ 13:44 > kicking OP's boring post to the curb. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:45 yes it was ruth's chris. the tab for the three of us paying for the two birthday girls wound up at $100 each. and "claire" is a pseudonyum in the same genre as her real name. by: OP 09/27/2004 @ 13:45 How's your step-father-in-law? by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:46 So, should we all list the irritating qualities of gay men, then? That woman, Claire, didn't act like that because she's a lesbian. She acted like that because she's an asshole. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:46 This is why i always avoid group dinners that involve strangers paying for another's dinner. It never ends up on a good note. Always works like this: Paid-for guest orders lavishly. Paying people order more than they would usually so they don't feel ripped off ("I'm NOT getting just a salad when this clown i don't even KNOW is getting a filet..."). Then the bill comes and everyone is shocked and dismayed, though noone will admit to it. And the guest might feel kinda guilty cause it's so expensive. "Oh no, it's fine." "Are you sure?" "Yeah, we're glad to treat you." But everyone is seething, no one is comfortable or pleased. Just be glad that b-day girl wants to treat you now OP. Let her do that, then never agree to partake in one of these again. Believe me. Never ends well. by: anonymous

by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2015 8:50 PM

3 / 20: 09/27/2004 @ 13:48 claire is clearly a class free dumpster woman. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:49 Any woman who wants to go out for steak and a baked potato doesn't sound very closeted to me. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:50 Why didn't you know that it was Claire's birtday too? Seems like a crucial piece of info., maybe you should blame b-day girl. She must be a lesbian. Only lesbians like bread pudding. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:53 Claire/Agnes sounds like she doesn't get many dinner invites. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:56 I'm going to give you some free advice OP. Not using captial letters properly is a big turn-off. Claire probably sensed this about you and that is why she was such a bore. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:56 A staekhouse? Obviously, beef curtains were on the menu. Fool. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 13:56 Were free refills involved? How much did you tip? What was Claire wearing? What other proof do you have that she's a closeted lesbian? by: Details please! 09/27/2004 @ 14:01 The "Taking the Birthday Girl Out to Dinner in a Massive Group" gambit is rarely fun and always leads to awkward bill-splitting situations. Why don't people just throw parties instead? by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 14:03 The original birthday girl was your friend's friend, not yours. Consider it a lesson learned and stay away from the 'make up' dinner. If the original birthday girl asks why, just say frankly "I didn't care much for Claire and have no desire to socialize with her again, thanks anyway." If she really cares to make amends, she will either stake you and your pal to a dinner without Claire or give you a little gift or something. Even if she doesn't, forget about it and move on. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 14:05 lesbian evidence: she had very thick calves. she was watching "the ball game" on the tv monitor at the nearby bar and commenting on it. she came "straight from work" and had no time to change out of her nike slip ons, white ankle socks, a canvas jacket, jean shorts, and a big cloth purse like the kind a child might own.

by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2015 8:50 PM

part 4 of 20: no discernable make up, hairstyle, or effort put into her appearance whatsoever. hostile, with no sense of humor. by: OP 09/27/2004 @ 14:05 Sounds like a lesbian to me. Sounds like you did indeed get taken, but if your roommate's friend returns the favor, request that Claire not come along. The friend sounds like she was trying to be kind. Claire's a cunt. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 14:08 This is Claire. I'm going to kick your fucking ass as soon as I'm done with this Bread Pudding you fucking faggot! by: "Claire" 09/27/2004 @ 14:08 Shouldn't the birthday girl be the target of your prissy little screaming fag tirade? She brought Claire along without telling anyone. Also why the pseudo for Claire? Don't you think if she were reading this she would see herself even with a different name? But you were probably primping while typing. by: Stereotyping back at you! 09/27/2004 @ 14:09 You're not wrong for being pissed about the dinner. You really got taken advantage of. You are wrong however, for saying "as lesbians do" and whatnot. Claire is a rude asshole but that doesn't mean you have to be one, too. Jeez. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 14:11 I had a dear friend who got hoodwinked into taking someone out for a birthday dinner, and then she died. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 14:35 OP, lesson learned: lesbians can be vicious. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 14:58 2:05 is right; my man, you have been chumpted. Claire is extremely hostile and I'd avoid spending any time with her on that score, alone. Where does a guest, an outsider to the group, get off (a) not paying her share and/or (b) *adding* a @#$% dessert to the check? I'd steer clear of her, in general. And from now on, when dealing with your "friend" the birthday girl, spell out the terms of every meeting, every meal, so this doesn't happen again. Because she will do it again. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:08 Claire's not a lesbian. She tried it out with Edie but it wasn't her thing. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:10

by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2015 8:51 PM

part 5 of 20: Birthday girl should've insisted on paying for Claire's meal. Unbelievable that she brought a guest unannounced when someone else was paying. These girls lack class. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:12 what kind of girls want steak for their birthday? by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:14 claire was also hostile, as many lesbians are, and took light hearted small talk very seriously, as many lesbians do. And the OP was a stereotyping troll, as many idiots are. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:16 Why would Claire go to her favorite restaurant, Ruth's Chris, dressed like that? Somethin's fishy, and it ain't Claire. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:19 OH -- i forgot to mention -- the next night i went to a birthday dinner for an old roommate of mine. when the bill came, we got two checks -- one for the group, and one for the ex-roomie and his boyfriend. the boyfriend picked up the birthday check. that is classy. by: OP 09/27/2004 @ 15:27 "Birthday girl should've insisted on paying for Claire's meal. Unbelievable that she brought a guest unannounced when someone else was paying. These girls lack class." Exactly. One of the downfall moments in a now clearly dead friendship was when she came out for my birthday and asked to borrow money to cover her share of the meal. I know cash is tight as a single parent, but it's not like she hadn't known when my birthday is for over a decade. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:28 Claire's a bitch for honing in on someone else's birthday dinner. It sounds like no one was there for her anyway. Serves her right to catch some shit. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:33 I'm a lesbian, and my favorite pasttime is making friends pay for my bday dinner. It's my MO. Just kidding. Actually, if I'm being taken out for bday dinner I usually order one of the cheapest things on the menu. Unless I'm with my parents ;). by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:34 Go to the Olive Garden next time. Not only do they split up the check, but they sing a delightful birthday song and there's unlimited breadsticks. by: anonymous

by Anonymousreply 9October 6, 2015 8:52 PM

part 6 of 20: 09/27/2004 @ 15:34 "I'm a lesbian, and my favorite pasttime is making friends pay for my bday dinner. It's my MO." LOL!!! by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:35 Rosie pulled shit like this all the time. That's why we're not friends anymore. Shalom. by: Esther 09/27/2004 @ 15:36 Well OP, you've learned a valuable lesson. In the future, avoid birthday "treat" dinner groups and opt instead for buying a personal, thoughtful gift. I'm sure Claire would just love a new cane next time. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:39 what is the deal withg "fully loaded potatoes" -- I have never heard this expression before. Is thsi something one gets in a fancy restaurant? by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:40 It's a lesbian subtextual message, a way of communicating without the penised people knowing. by: Tina Twelvetrees 09/27/2004 @ 15:42 Loaded potatoes are like performing beautiful cunnilingus on the Earth Mother Herself! by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:49 I hope you learned your lesson OP. Birthday dinners are almost always tacky, because nobody is ever satisfied. "Classy" is if the birthday person's significant other or parent pays for all of the invited guests. And if the "birthday girl" wanted that restaurant, then a simple phone call ahead of time inquiring about a pre-fixed menu (which virtually all major NYC restaurants offer or can prepare at request) would have solved a lot of issues. If they do not offer a pre-fixe, find one comparable that does, if she is a real friend she would understand. Before I matured, and these things seemed essential, that was what we always did and it worked out perfectly. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:49 "what is the deal withg "fully loaded potatoes"" They come with air and cruise. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 15:52 Are you sure you weren't at Outback Steakhouse, mate? Your loaded tater & visible bar TV seem a little odd for a pricey restaurant. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:06 Good point. I've never seen a TV at a Ruth's Chris. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:08 "fully loaded potatoes" -- typical order of cane ladies

by Anonymousreply 10October 6, 2015 8:53 PM

part 7 of 20: by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:08 This thread literally combines everything that is great about DataLounge. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:12 The proof of the fiction is the OP asserting that Ruth's Chris is pricier than the Palm. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:14 If you were financially raped, you deserve it for being a mysoginistic, lesbian-hating asshole. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:15 Don't listen to the *you're a troll* trolls. They travel in packs now at DL and ruin most threads. A similar thing happened to me and I can attest to the fact that closeted bitter diesels usually ruin any social gathering with their greed for all things of the pudding. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:18 I find it sad that the gay and lesbian community does not embrace thick-calved womyn who take life seriously and order steak and bread pudding. Very sad. by: Becka 09/27/2004 @ 16:21 What the hell name for a restaurant is Ruth's Chris? I can't even say it. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:22 That's it! Uninvite Claire to your birthday party & delete her number from your cell phone! by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:24 that'th becausthe you lishp like all thithyth do by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:25 A gay friend of mine returned to his home town (Chicago) and invited his college roommate (STR8) and his wife out for a pricey dinner for old times' sake. My friend is very generous but he was slightly taken aback when the invited couple showed up with their two adolescent children plus a brother and sister-in-law who my friend didn't even know. It was one fucken expensive dinner for my friend. I can understand OP's annoyance with "Claire". by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:31 This thread isn't funny. by: Claire 09/27/2004 @ 16:31 Who asked you Claire cunt. Now eat your stuffed spud and shut the fuck up. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:35 I glanced at Ruth Chris' menu recently and my eyes crossed when I discovered that the ala carte steaks were $39.00 per. Salads, veggies and potatoes were $6-12 EACH per guest. This Ruth's is not located in

by Anonymousreply 11October 6, 2015 8:54 PM

part 8 of 20: NYC but in a city of 50,000. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:38 we were at the ruth's chris in beverly hills on beverly, and anyone who's been there can testify to the fact that there are booths at the entrance adjacent to the bar, and the bar has televisions. and ruth's chris is far pricier than the palm. and i consider the palm far superior. by: 09/27/2004 @ 16:40OP "but i feel like i was financially raped. am i in the wrong here?" no, sister. we must all learn to call the haterape practiced by our patriarchal empenised society for what it is. it is clear to me that claire has spent too much time with penised persons and inculcated their haterape into her self, and even to one of our sisters our only response can be screams of angry power!!! by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:43 Lesbians wouldn't go to a steakhouse. They're vegetarians. Nice try. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:43 nah nee nah nee boo boo by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:44 this is all totally true. i'm trying to figure out a nice way to tell my friend that her childhood friend Claire is a dyke. i have to say, though, that claire was really nice to me (mutual friend, i guess she had to be), but had nothing but venom for my roomate. we can usually tell which girls are lesbians because they just go after him for no reason. by: OP's roomate 09/27/2004 @ 16:49 "Lesbians wouldn't go to a steakhouse. They're vegetarians." This would come as a great shock to many lesbians. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:51 If they're not vegan, clearly they're not lesbian. NO EXCEPTIONS. NONE. Lesbians eat vegetables, tofu, and wear birkenstocks. Please do not alter my stereotype one iota. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:57 Also, fyi, Claire ordered her steak rare. so bloody she needed tampons instead of napkins. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 16:57 I hate the tradition of birthday dinner-buying, but it's unavoidable in a lot of cities like NY, where many people don't have the space (or a dining room) to throw parties. There must be some sort of etiquette for this kind of thing. I avoid it for everyone but my closest friends. I always wind up feeling a little raped financially myself. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 17:00

by Anonymousreply 12October 6, 2015 8:54 PM

part 9 of 20: OP live and learn. Use us for a venting board. Take this experiance as it is--and move on. p.s. your friend is the rude one by inviting Claire. God, I hate b'day shit. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 17:07 God, who knew financial rape could be so Hilarious? by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 17:13 I did!!! And how bread pudding could be so Delicious! by: Claire 09/27/2004 @ 17:17 claire didn't rape you because you came on to her by allowing the fully loaded potato. if you'd just refused earlier and set limits, the bread pudding fiasco may have been avoided. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 18:26 op, Claire & your roomie are 'doing it.' by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 18:30 Claire was a cunt. But so was the birthday girl for inviting her. When someone is taking you out to dinner and paying for it, you don't bring someone along to add to the cost. At least not without okaying it with the people who are paying. That's just trashy and I wouldn't want to deal with EITHER OF THEM again. And Claire is just a cheapskate piece of trash who was taking advantage of a free meal. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 18:36 Claire was a cunt. But so was the birthday girl for inviting her. When someone is taking you out to dinner and paying for it, you don't bring someone along to add to the cost. At least not without okaying it with the people who are paying. That's just trashy and I wouldn't want to deal with EITHER OF THEM again. And Claire is just a cheapskate piece of trash who was taking advantage of a free meal. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 18:37 Sorry for the double post. I had trouble with my mouse. by: 6:36, 6:37 09/27/2004 @ 18:45 Claire rocks!!! by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 18:47 "Claire's not a lesbian. She tried it out with Edie but it wasn't her thing." LMFAO at this post. Thanks so much for the laugh. I needed it tonight. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 18:55 te amo claire! by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 18:56 Now, in addition to Julie and Cheryl, I will never be able to look a Claire straight in the eyes again. Thank you, DL!! by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 19:02

by Anonymousreply 13October 6, 2015 8:55 PM

part 10 of 20: Claire definitely is a lesbian. I'll bet that if we probed deeper, (no pun intended) we will discover that Claire had in fact left her cane in the car. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 19:32 "No one's been named "Claire" in about 60 years. Get out much?" It just so happens that Claire was celebrating her 83rd birthday! So there!! by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 19:35 Geeze. Why do we always get these threads? OP, you can't rape the willing. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 19:59 "Hi Claire, its really nice to meet you! Birthday Girl One must be a very special friend to invite you to be her guest for dinner at such a nice place on your birthday." Not a snowball's chance in hell I'm buying dinner for a total stranger on her birthday. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 20:01 I fucking hate Claire, stupid cunt. by: Mary Louise "tits" Parker 09/27/2004 @ 20:18 Ruth's Chris has a "cane check" at the Hostess stand before you go into dine. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 20:22 All that had to be done in this situation is for your roomate to have pulled the original birthday girl aside and say "look, since we didn't know it was claire's birthday, i don't think we should pay for her dinner". done and done. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 21:16 but then claire would overhear and act like a cunt throughout dinner. oh wait... by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 21:17 "No one's been named "Claire" in about 60 years. Get out much?" Tell that to Claire Danes, dear. Maybe you have heard of her? She was in something called MY SO CALLED LIFE as well as a few flicks like LITTLE WOMEN and TERMINATOR 3. by: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 22:19 I can sort of see Claire's friend's perspective--she probably, totally 100% honestly wasn't expecting her dinner to be paid for! She brought Claire to siphon some of the attention, as in, "Hey, it's her bday and you don't know her so during dinner she can keep everyone entertained." After all, Claire's friend did offer to make it up to OP after she discovered the mess she'd made. by:

by Anonymousreply 14October 6, 2015 8:56 PM

part 11 of 20: anonymous 09/27/2004 @ 22:27 " Excuse me, miss... with all due respect, I have problems of my own. Please let me eat my bread pudding in peace. " by: Mariah Clairey 09/27/2004 @ 22:33 Ugggh! Memories of my early adulthood when, in a culture where men are always expected to pay, some girls would call my friends and me to go out to dinner "as friends" and then expect the boys to pay. I remember one night where 2 of us ended up paying for 5 other girls. And when the checks came, the cunts just sat there, with that insouciant entitlement that proper Latin girls have when out with proper Latin boys. After living in the US for many years--and as a gay man at that--it still bugs me when I visit my family and go out with a high-school woman friend, and it's simply assumed that I'll pay for everything. Oh well. That's life. (But even 20 years later, it feels good to get it off my chest!) by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 02:32 bump by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 09:04 They sound like leeches in training, 10:33. Imagine ending up as their husbands. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 11:39 Oops, I meant 2:32. by: 11:39 09/28/2004 @ 11:40 Lifetime Presents A Lifetime Original Movie for Women and Gay Men "A Birthday Dinner Gone Wrong: The Financial Raping of X" - Two men (Dean Cain, Gregory Harrison) plan a birthday dinner for a friend (Melissa Gilbert), but tragedy ensues when an evil interloper (Nancy McKeon) attends. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 13:08 It's so not about Claire anymore, is it... by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 13:18 ROFLMAO 1:08! by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 13:45 At least you didn't go to L'Impero. I went there recently with my blatino husbear ... okay, partner ... and the bill came to $200 with tip. For two people. And we didn't order anything over the top. And the alcohol portion of the bill was only $20, so it's not like we drank our dinner. Complete insanity. by: anonymous

by Anonymousreply 15October 6, 2015 8:57 PM

R3, you should be able to upload the pdf to Google documents, which is free, and you can post it as a link. Here is a link to show you how.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2015 8:57 PM

R16 thanks for the link but for some reason I don't wonna share publicly my documents / files because everyone can probably see who made this files.... No problem --- I'm nearly done.

by Anonymousreply 17October 6, 2015 9:01 PM

part 12 of 20: 09/28/2004 @ 13:47 A friend of mine called and invited me out for my birthday last month and wouldn't you know, I ended up paying. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 13:54 You need to get your GAME together, 1:54! Loaded baked potatoes don't grow on trees! by: Claire 09/28/2004 @ 13:57 Moral of the story - never eat with lesbians by: X 09/28/2004 @ 13:57 OP. Anyway that you could hook me up with Claire? I'd love to get to know her. I live in the LA area. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 14:06 Look -- bottom line is you're an idiot. Forking over a hundred dollars for two people you barely knolw. Repeat after me: idiot. I would have had no problem saying I don't know these fucking people, I'll pay for myself and pitch in a few bucks($10-$20 maximum) to help, but that's it. Your friend (who knows them better) should have picked up most of the check. Grow a set of balls. You have no one to blame but yourself. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 14:34 "Lesbians wouldn't go to a steakhouse. They're vegetarians." I think you mean VAGI-tarian, don't you dear? by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 14:52 ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT responses to this self asbsorbed, tight fisted, anal retentive,vacuous LA queen's post? I'm ASHAMED of you girls!! If I had to kiss any of you, I would wipe my mouth, WIIIIIPE MY MOUTH!! by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 14:52 What are you doing for dinner THIS weekend, Claire? And is financial rape involved? by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 16:12 financial rape is a myth by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 16:23 FYI - Claire is now dating Cynthia Nixon. She no longer has to worry about skimping on desert or side dishes. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 16:24 I don't know why this tickles me so much. Like someone mentioned that Claire was hostile, as most lesbians are. The stereotypes just make me chuckle but it's a good story nonetheless. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 16:26 I fucking hate it when people pull this, and its ALWAYS lesbians. those carpet munchers could squeeze a nickle out of a penny. I'm so sorry, OP, but I think you've learned a valuable lesson - only take lesbians to buffets and go dutch. then the bitch can have as many potatoes and bread pudding as she can fit in her twat.

by Anonymousreply 18October 6, 2015 9:02 PM

part 13 of 20: by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 20:59 >>only take lesbians to buffets and go dutch I agree. Let her load her own potatoes. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 21:07 Bread pudding is not just for lesbians. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 21:18 I took my father, overweight step-mother and her three evil spawn (one of whom belonged to my father while the other two belonged to two other men) out to dinner and my bitch of a stepmother had the nerve to allow her kids to order ANYTHING THEY WANTED knowing that I was paying. Apparently because I'm from New York, she just automatically assumed that I was rich. The dinner ended up costing a fortune and I have never done such a thing again. Now I only pay for myself or my boyfriend when I go out to dinner. Fuck the rest. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 21:34 (1) How did Claire wind up picking the restaurant and you (OP) not know she was joining the group? (2) See? This is why one must know how to charmingly suggest parameters otherwise multiple agendas come into conflict. (3) One reasonable protocol in this situation is for the host(s) to offer the guest a choice of two or several restaurants (so that hosts finances and everyone's diets are fairly accomodated)... also hosts determine the guest list, with thoughfulness in mind, of course. It is up to the guest to reply and reasonably modify the plan "Oh, thank you for the invitation! Lovely! But I am now (on an all seafood diet / Kosher / lactointolerent)... may I suggest a restaurant?" Or... "Dinner? Delightful! But I was planning on spending that day with (my new sweetie / my astrologer / my Aunt Minnie / Claire). Can she join us? Or should we do this another time?" Offering choices allows each party to respond delightfully and charming so that the other party can reply delightfully and charmingly. Always plan with parameters. Leave freeform conversations for table talk. And never go to Ruth Chris'. I agree with you on that, OP. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 21:42 I hate the name of that fucking restaurant. It sounds like a dyke bar in Arkansas. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 21:46 Actually, OP, you should be pissed at your roommate as well. You start this whole saga by pointing out that the original birthday girl (not claire) is a friend of your roommate's. Even though you met her before, it didn't sound like you were good friends. Your roommate should never have expected you to pay anything for his friend. He should have covered her expense, let you pay for your own, and just sit there in

by Anonymousreply 19October 6, 2015 9:03 PM

part 14 of 20: silence until Claire got the message that she was also on her own. Talk about a lot of users at that damned birthday dinner! by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 22:01 All birthdays should be abolished. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 22:10 What does a closeted lesbian look like? I'm a gay woman in Atlanta, I could use some tips. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 22:16 I agree that dykes take everything and blow it out of proportion. Case in point- I was at a dinner party and we were talking about someone and how they should be punished, it was all lighthearted teasing. Someone said crucify him, I said Too Jewish (recalling the line from Blazing Saddles) This dyke guest jumped all over me with every PC phrase she could muster, the other lesbo's joined in. The thing is that the original dykeola isn't even Jewish, she's Australian for god's sake. Anyone, nuff said that a lousy time was had by all after that. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 22:17 There is no such thing as a closeted lesbian. They are all obvious. by: anonymous 09/28/2004 @ 22:18 10:17, you went to a dinner party with Olivia Newton-John? by: anonymous 09/29/2004 @ 09:56 "I hate the name of that fucking restaurant. It sounds like a dyke bar in Arkansas."LOL!! Okay,I wasn't going to go there but that has always bugged the hell out of me also. "Ruth's (apostrophe?) Chris "?!?!? The first question that pops in my mind is "What's a Chris?" I have to admit you queens really crack me up in here. by: anonymous 09/29/2004 @ 10:21 Thank god i was raised by my father. I can see him now shoving the check towards the center of the table, "huh, im not paying for you." If i couldn't take the B-day girl aside than i would have said something right there. Awkward yes, but i work too hard for my money. OP- did she at least thank you at the end of the meal? by: 09/29/2004 @ 10:39 mandylor I've lost count at how many lesbians take small talk seriously and respond hostilely; likewise, I've lost count at the many gay men who think everything said is meant to invite witty,bitchy, shallow,jaded remarks. by: Jamie Sommers 09/29/2004 @ 11:21 Australians can't be Jewish too? by: anonymous 09/29/2004

by Anonymousreply 20October 6, 2015 9:04 PM

part 15 of 20: @ 11:45 "Oh, dear, I haven't brought enough cash along to pay for YOU, too; besides, you're a cunt." Yeah, that sounds about right! by: JM 09/29/2004 @ 12:47 once upon a time this woman named ruth (probable dyke) bought "chris's steak house" and rechristened it "ruth's chris steak house." i recall reading this on the brochure or something during dinner as a distraction from claire's potato-munching. by: OP 09/29/2004 @ 12:59 I've never met a lesbian who doesn't eat fish and beef curtains. They're not vegans. by: anonymous 09/29/2004 @ 12:59 "for instance, she was not friendly to my theory on the difference between a real date and a non-date. "where are you from?" she asked me. "los angeles," i told her. "that explains it!" she replied." This is my favorite part of the OP's first post. It is fucking hilarious, and makes me know I would love Claire if I met her in real life, freeloader or no. by: anonymous 09/29/2004 @ 13:05 YOU try telling a raging bull dyke with a plate of hot bread pudding that you're not going to pay for her dinner!! by: anonymous 09/29/2004 @ 13:36 Never get between Claire and a plate of bread pudding! I made that mistake once. by: Gimpy McToothless 09/29/2004 @ 13:47 You know the really, really, really really sad part of this entire thread is that this morning I'm sitting through a staff meaning *yawn* only wondering what you snarky queens are going to post NEXT on this thread. I think this is a cry for help. and that queen that started the "I had bread pudding for free" thread. You girls are too much!! by: anonymous 09/29/2004 @ 16:03 It is disturbingly addictive, isn't it? by: anonymous 09/29/2004 @ 16:30 OK, I've figured this out. OP=big ol' dyke, passive/aggressive type, who went along with this whole b'day thing for a chance to meet a *hot* womyn. At the dinner, OP is delighted to meet another womyn, with whom she is instantly smitten. OP tries to work her charm on Claire, buys her loaded potato and bread pudding, but Claire's not falling for it. OP, rejected, hurt, angry, bitter then posts on DL and the rest is herstory! (and a potential Lifetime movie) by: Miss

by Anonymousreply 21October 6, 2015 9:05 PM

part 16 of 20:

Marple 09/29/2004 @ 16:33 The potato was FULLY loaded. by: anonymous 09/29/2004 @ 16:40 If there really is a higher being that exists, if you have an OUNCE of compassion within you. You girls will PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ...END....the "birthday dinner gone wrong" thread. It's become like the movie "Outbreak" it's taken a total life of it's own. There's a difference between wit and just..well...plain ole kee kee'ing cattiness. Mizez Slocombe's posts are beginning to read like Dorothy Parker lately with some of these sillier posts. C'mon Marys take five! by: anonymous 09/29/2004 @ 18:48 I'll take five... bread puddings please. by: Claire 09/29/2004 @ 18:51 If you have any regard for your fellow posters, if you have an OUNCE of compassion within you. You girls will PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ...END....the "birthday dinner gone wrong" thread. It's become like the movie "Outbreak" it's taken a total life of it's own. There's a difference between wit and just..well...plain ole kee kee'ing cattiness. Mizez Slocombe's posts are beginning to read like Dorothy Parker lately with some of these sillier posts. C'mon Marys take five! I've read about this thing called "knitting", you know. by: anonymous 09/29/2004 @ 18:51 Has anyone else seen the ad for Sex and the City (TBS) where the Cynthia Nixon character threatens to throw bread pudding at the Kristen Davis character? It's a weird convergence of all things DL right in front of my eyes. by: anonymous 09/29/2004 @ 18:56 I took out some friends who had just moved to town (Atlanta) for a "Welcome To Town" dinner, and they brought their two lesbian friends along who had helped them move. Not a big problem, right? Then the lesbians each proceeded to order TWO entrees each, two desserts, and they had most of the food packed up to go. This embarrassed all of us. So my friends called someone's ex-girlfriend to come meet up, and all hell broke loose. We left an appropriate amount of money on the table, tipped the waiter, and fled. by: anonymous 09/29/2004 @ 19:44 Fuck you, 6.51, don't read it. Unless you're gonna buy me a loaded baked potato and some fucking BP!! by: Claire 09/29/2004 @ 19:50 I'm picturing Claire wolfing down one lot of bread pudding while

by Anonymousreply 22October 6, 2015 9:06 PM

Part 17 of 20:

being handed another bread pudding by the disgusted waiter trying not to vomit. by: anonymous 09/29/2004 @ 22:58 Has Claire's labia fallen yet? The excessive consumption of bread pudding has been linked to prematurely fallen labias in recent studies. by: anonymous 09/30/2004 @ 11:21 should we take claire's friend up on her offer to take us both out for dinner? where should we go? by: OP 09/30/2004 @ 13:05 Olive Garden of course. But then, the breadsticks are free, so it'll be harder to lard up the bill... by: anonymous 09/30/2004 @ 13:14 I can't guess if the original post was fake or not, but if it's fiction, is it a new slam on somebody to talk about their carb ingestion - fully loaded baked potato and bread pudding? BTW, I've been laughing for days about those 2 things. by: anonymous 09/30/2004 @ 13:18 swear this is a true story, 1:18. i have a bad track record with lesbians. by: OP 09/30/2004 @ 14:50 Maybe it was wrong for you, but it was oh, so right for me! by: Claire 09/30/2004 @ 18:11 Come here, Claire. Let me be your bread pudding. You can eat me all night. by: Camryn Manheim 09/30/2004 @ 21:30 In all seriousness, it's up to your roommate to tell his friend that since she was the one who invited Claire, it's up to her to pay for Claire's meal or have Claire pay for it herself. It's that simple. by: sdt 10/01/2004 @ 08:28 bump. I refuse to let this die. by: anonymous 10/02/2004 @ 02:15 Right up front, I would have told the waitress that my friend and me were splitting the bill for the birthday girl and Claire would be on a separate bill for the birthday girl to pay. by: anonymous 10/02/2004 @ 08:07 But was it a cash bar? by: anonymous 10/02/2004 @ 08:09 Were the soda refills free, that's what I want to know! by: anonymous 10/03/2004 @ 19:29 >>once upon a time this woman named ruth (probable dyke) bought

by Anonymousreply 23October 6, 2015 9:06 PM

Part 18 of 20:

"chris's steak house" and rechristened it "ruth's chris steak house." OMFG, what a fucking stupid name for a restaurant!!! Plus the stunned cunt didn't keep the apostrophe in *Chris'*, which pisses us grammar queens off to supreme extent! That being said, now I'm going nuts, I need to know: what does the sign on the restaurant say, is it now officially "Ruth's Chris" or is that just the short form? by: anonymous 10/03/2004 @ 19:32 Splitting the bill with people on tight budgets is always bound to cause some tension. Also having to cover for people who clearly drink more than you do, is also ridiculous. I've had long time friends stop talking to each other because of situations such as this. A few work buddies, close friends & I would go out at least 2 Fridays a month for dinner & drinks. Sometimes we'd go out just for drinks at the local bar near our job. It was a mixed group; gay & str8 people, which I personally think has nothing to do with the situation. There was this one obnoxious guy who was clearly an alcoholic, we'd have to split a huge bar tab bill with a guy who would have about 10- 15 drinks to our maybe 2-3 each?? Many of the group were getting mighty pissed off. One woman finally confronted him about it when she & a few others went to the local bar after work one night. She had to leave the bar early & told me he demanded she leave the bartender 20 bucks before she left! She was livid; "I had one Budweiser. " She called the bartender over, then asked what the Bud cost & left him enough to cover her one Bud & his tip. She told me she completely had it covering the office alcoholics bar tabs! Not long after that, we stopped going to dinner or would just meet on the weekends once a month for our get-togethers. The alcoholic spoiled what was a nice time for all of us. We tried meeting without him one Friday & we never heard the end of it the next Monday morning. This loser was cursing us out in our office! Oh yes, he was eventually fired, he would come back to work after lunch in a pretty drunken state more than a few times. by: 10/03/2004 @ 20:09 anonymous "stunned cunt" heh, heh. by: anonymous 10/03/2004 @ 20:10 You didn't at the very least give "Claire" a purse lipped glare when she asked for the waitress to bring the check BACK? but we all know that there is NO such thing as a "fully loaded potato" at R.C. just so we're all on the same page and yes, you research queens can go to "What's Cookin'" on the website. No "fully loaded potato". by: anonymous 10/03/2004 @ 20:13 Can you imagine if DL'ers had Claire's address? Her getting ready for a day at work one day, lacing her combat boots, putting on her flannel

by Anonymousreply 24October 6, 2015 9:07 PM

Part 19 of 20:

shirt, practicing her scowl in the mirror only to go downstairs and see a picket line of 40-ish, tall and well built men brandishing signs like "PUDDIN' HO!!" and "MOOCH COOCH!!" by: anonymous 10/03/2004 @ 20:23 OP, have them treat you to dinner at Campanile, Patina, or L'orangerie. All pricey and good. I wonder whether your male friend was actually in on the double birthday dinner, and concealed this fact from you. I am suspcious about him in all of this. by: anonymous 10/03/2004 @ 20:37 Lesbian/gay translator: Fully loaded potato = tossed salad (+cunnilingus) bread pudding = fisting by: anonymous 10/03/2004 @ 20:50 Lesbians "fist"? Ouch! by: anonymous 10/03/2004 @ 20:51 A TWELVE PAGE thread on "B-day Dinner Gone Wrong?!?!?" by: anonymous 10/04/2004 @ 08:46 I saw a canvas purse this weekend and almost died. by: anonymous 10/04/2004 @ 17:38 I hate bread pudding. by: anonymous 10/04/2004 @ 17:41 paying for friends of friends of friends...sheesh first your friend should never have asked you to pay for anything except your meal. secondly, lesbians are bad news...never socialize with them by: anonymous 10/04/2004 @ 18:01 "clearly a closeted lesbians" by: anonymous 10/04/2004 @ 19:13 A laugh-out-loud thread!! Thanks, OP and others! by: anonymous 10/09/2004 @ 18:02 I FINALLY READ THIS. HAHAHAHAHA! by: anonymous 10/12/2004 @ 15:52One of my womynfriends told me about this thread. You fags are dead!! by: Claire 10/12/2004 @ 17:16 bump by: anonymous 10/13/2004 @ 14:59 Nobody cares. by: anonymous 10/13/2004 @ 15:01 Claire cares. by: anonymous 10/13/2004 @ 15:19

by Anonymousreply 25October 6, 2015 9:08 PM

Part 20 of 20:

I want to go as Claire for Halloween. But what exactly does a canvas purse look like? by: anonymous 10/14/2004 @ 11:10 "Oh Claiiiiiiiire, the moment I met you I sweeeeeeeear". by: anonymous 10/14/2004 @ 14:23 bump for bread pudding. Mmmmmm.... by: anonymous 10/22/2004 @ 12:43 Who among the dramatis personae of this vignette is clinically retarded? by: anonymous 10/22/2004 @ 12:57 Now, what's interesting is that no one has commented on Claire's desire to have her fully-loaded potato right next to her. Is that a problem? Where should it have been--at the bar? Or did she say "Put my potato HERE!" like a big ole pushy lily-licker? I'm so confused and emotionally invested in this. And Ruth's Chris Steak House is the fucking worst name in the history of steakhouses. by: anonymous 10/22/2004 @ 14:36 this weekend my roommate and i will be attempting to secure the invite to our olive garden dinner with claire and her friend. wish us luck. by: the guy who took claire to dinner 10/22/2004 @ 18:44 ***** The End ***********************

by Anonymousreply 26October 6, 2015 9:09 PM

Thank you. It's not as funny as I remember it being.

by Anonymousreply 27October 6, 2015 11:51 PM

It's probably funnier spread out across multiple posts and paragraphs, but some of it was pretty good. I hadn't read it before. Thanks to the poster who went to the trouble of sharing it with us.

by Anonymousreply 28October 7, 2015 12:01 AM

This was hysterical!!! Thanks so much for posting it all again!

by Anonymousreply 29October 7, 2015 2:17 AM

[quote]That woman, Claire, didn't act like that because she's a lesbian. She acted like that because she's an asshole.

That's me, being a humorless cunt back in 2004!

by Anonymousreply 30October 7, 2015 8:44 AM

When I read your post , r30, I agreed with you.

by Anonymousreply 31October 7, 2015 9:37 AM

DAMN, so glad that this was preserved

by Anonymousreply 32July 5, 2016 6:48 PM

Was the original OP Jordan(Jordon?) and Rob(or is it Jon?)? 2 insufferable cunt roommates who deserved to pay for someone else's dessert.

by Anonymousreply 33July 5, 2016 7:24 PM

The highlight was definitely the thing about Ruth's Chris sounding like a dyke bar in Arkansas.

by Anonymousreply 34July 5, 2016 7:47 PM

Now... who has the Red Dragon Cheese thread?

by Anonymousreply 35July 5, 2016 7:49 PM

TLDR

by Anonymousreply 36July 5, 2016 8:32 PM

@R35: Has the "Red Dragon Cheese" thread another (officially???) name? Can't find it :-(

by Anonymousreply 37July 5, 2016 9:27 PM

R33, I thought so

by Anonymousreply 38July 6, 2016 12:17 AM

the OP has come on the DL to defend her position several times

by Anonymousreply 39October 21, 2016 8:26 PM

Here we are. It was never "Chris' Steak House"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 21, 2016 9:45 PM

And this is the bread pudding recipe.

INGREDIENTS: (Serves 12 hearty portions)

2 – 8 oz loaves French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, toasted 1 quart milk (may use 2 percent) 1 quart half-and-half 12 eggs, beaten (may use egg substitute) 2 1/2 cups sugar 1 cup light brown sugar 2 sticks sweet butter (may use less) 1 cup raisins 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice 1 tablespoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg pinch salt 2 tablespoons vanilla extract 2 tablespoons bourbon PROCESS:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine sugars and divide in half. Add cinnamon, eggs, vanilla, bourbon and salt to half of the sugar. In a saucepan, combine milk, half & half and butter with the other half of the sugar and bring to a boil. Whisk milk mixture into egg mixture, add raisins and apples. Add bread cubes and let stand until soaked through to center. Stir in a few raisins from the bottom and sprinkle a few on top. Pour into buttered baking dish (10x13x3-inches) and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 41October 21, 2016 9:47 PM

MY WEEKEND'S NEEDS HAVE BEEN MET

by Anonymousreply 42October 21, 2016 9:52 PM

r41 Not enough raisins, and, they should be steamed prior to use.

by Anonymousreply 43October 21, 2016 10:01 PM

Man that's more calories than a Bloomin' Onion from Outback!

by Anonymousreply 44October 21, 2016 10:30 PM

[quote]Not enough raisins, and, they should be steamed prior to use.

I soak mine in the eggs, but then again, I would, wouldn't I, I live in the neighborhood north of you

by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2016 1:44 AM

Not funny or interesting.

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2016 10:25 AM

sexy and sentential

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2016 11:21 AM

This brings back memories of when DL used to bring mean o tears on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2016 11:48 AM

mean to tears, that is the DL way!

by Anonymousreply 49March 22, 2018 5:59 PM

MOAR old threads please!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 50March 22, 2018 6:06 PM

MOAR bread pudding!

by Anonymousreply 51March 23, 2018 1:56 PM

Not getting why people think this is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 52March 23, 2018 2:09 PM

^ Me neither.

by Anonymousreply 53September 5, 2020 5:37 PM

you had to have been there

by Anonymousreply 54September 5, 2020 6:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!