Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So Who Here Has Read Grace Jones's New Memoir

Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2021 6:37 AM

I am currently reading it but I'm only on Chapter 2 so far. Chapter 1 was about her childhood in Jamaica. I am thinking the juicy stuff will start around chapter 4.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2015 11:40 PM

I'm looking forward to her account of wearing a strap on dildo during the sex scene with Roger Moore and thrusting it up against him. Here's the moment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2015 11:42 PM

she was so smart and ahead of her time.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2015 6:52 AM

a boring read. i couldn't even finish it cause it was so goddamned boring.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2015 12:39 PM

I don't like it all. Dull and meandering, a big disappointment. There are flashes of brilliance but it's bogged own in her lack of humor and dry tone.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2015 3:11 PM

major disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2015 7:51 PM

a book of boring.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2015 8:46 PM

let me guess...she says everyone ripped her off...Madonna, Gaga, etc....you know the ones who became really successful

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2015 9:40 PM

Lol r8

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2015 10:38 PM

Glad I didn't buy it. She must be really boring in her personal life and nothing like her stage persona if the book is as boring as people say it is.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2015 10:53 PM

Well, R4 R6 and R7 are all the same person so it really isn't that many people saying the book is boring.

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2015 1:56 AM

Celebrity bios gets remaindered pretty quickly so there's no real reason to rush out and buy one.

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2015 2:13 AM

R2 is that really true?

by Anonymousreply 13July 7, 2020 3:52 PM

I always found the editing weird, how she jumps into bed. Must of caught a tit in the shot. Rather than reshoot they clumsily cut it.

by Anonymousreply 14July 7, 2020 3:57 PM

I loved the first 100 pages- her childhood. It was rough. The rest was well documented but still fun to read.

by Anonymousreply 15July 7, 2020 4:39 PM

What you people and dozens of other Dataloungers know about Grace Jones isn't good enough.

Somebody had to make a new thread covering ALL of this old info!

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2021 6:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!