Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you think it is strange and should I say something?

I live in a nice area with tons of Craftsman homes. My neighbors who are very nice people in their late 60's went away for a week. They told me they'd have their son-in-laws sister and bf house sit for them because they have a cat. I've met girl who is in her mid twenties now. She has house sat for them for many years without any problems. Well, my neighbors left last Thursday morning and by that afternoon six cars with ten people pull up with blow up beds and laundry in hand. It's Sunday and all of these people haven't left the house except for a store run but the girl and bf have left for hours leaving these strangers in the house all day. Now, knowing my neighbors as well as I do I can't imagine them wanting this in their house. So the question is should I say something to my neighbors or should I stay out of it?

Btw, we have cameras with night vision all around our home because we've been broken into three times. We see everything.

by Anonymousreply 178February 23, 2023 10:45 AM

AirBnB orgy palace.

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2015 1:46 AM

See something, say something.

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2015 1:46 AM

Tell them. They are vulnerable to everything from having their valuables stolen to identity theft to property damage and more. It could even open them up to something like home invasion if someone feels it would be worth it.

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2015 1:47 AM

Send an anonymous letter to your neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2015 1:47 AM

See something, say something.

by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2015 1:49 AM

Keep us posted.

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2015 2:02 AM

I'd say something ASAP. As people have noted, there's a non-trivial prospect of theft and/or damage to property. (And if by some chance they're okay with this, they wouldn't be angry w. you for playing it safe so whaddya got to lose??)

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2015 2:16 AM

Turn your cameras on the house and save the tapes for when the owners return.

That's all.

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2015 2:18 AM

Has you seen the cat lately?

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2015 2:23 AM

*Have*

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2015 2:24 AM

Sounds like the cat sitter is renting out the house. Maybe AirBnB. Tell the neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2015 2:25 AM

The girl and bf { house sitters} are there . These are their friends. The cat is skittish of many people except for the girl but there's no way the cat is happy about this. I see the cat many time during the day but have not seen her since Thursday. My neighbors are on the east coast should I call their cell?

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2015 2:30 AM

Yes, call your neighbors immediately!!

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2015 2:33 AM

I would call them or even call the police, asking for an emergency check of the house.

by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2015 2:34 AM

You will need: twee pants, navy flats, silk blouse, cardigan sweater worn cape-like over your shoulders, chesterfield unfiltered hanging from your lips.

Knock on the door early. Use your cane or umbrella. Ask to see the owner regarding your good whisk he borrowed - stole from you.

When they tell you the owners are away, call your neighbors to make sure they know about shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2015 3:04 AM

The teenagers are coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2015 3:19 AM

B-, R15. You had me until the cigarette.

by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2015 3:20 AM

Take down the license plate numbers.

by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2015 3:23 AM

What's happened to the DL? In the old days (maybe 6 months ago), everyone would've advised you to mind your own business!! You mean well, but it's possible the horde will come over and retaliate when they learn you tattled on them.

by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2015 3:26 AM

I agree with other posters that said this could be a security threat to the homeowners. I'd be very concerned. It sure doesn't sound like responsible behavior on the part of the housesitters.

Does anyone really think that the homeowners would agree to let the house sitters do this?

by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2015 3:40 AM

Since you have their cell number, I would call. Explain what you've seen, and that you weren't sure if this was pre-arranged or OKed them before hand, but at the risk of something happening to their house or cat, you felt you had to speak up.

by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2015 3:44 AM

OP there are consequences to everything. For every action a reaction. I would definitely tape the goings on and I would get licesnse numbers. I would do it as discreetlly as possible and do not let anyone know you're doing it. There is no reason for you to call police unless you witness unlawful activity. Give every appearance of MYOB.

WHen your neighbors come home, if they bring it up, say something to them fairly neutral, like they had a lot of company,but be vague. The main thing is if your neighbors discover something bad happened, and start asking you, you can say that you felt uncomfortable so you took some precautions,but there wasn't much you could do ybder the law. I just think you need to err on the side of discretion. Right now, there's really nothing going on that's illegal that you know of. I think the best thing to do is stay out of it, but remain vigilant. Be careful.

by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2015 3:46 AM

Jews are big tattletales because they are weak and imitate their oppressors.

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2015 4:18 AM

Dear OP:

Wake up and smell the coffee! Seek professional counseling! Knock it off, already, with all of those phony letters from Yale! Get a facelift! And most important of all, just MYOB!

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2015 4:31 AM

Call them! They'll appreciate the fact that they have a good neighbor who is looking out for them, even if it turns out to be a kosher situation (which it certainly doesn't sound like). Wouldn't you want to be called?

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2015 4:35 AM

... and I would call and just flat out be like, "Hey, I don't want to be a nosey neighbor or anything, but I've noticed a lot of cars and people at your house the past few days. I just want to make sure everything is okay with that."

by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2015 4:37 AM

Oh, I also eat old people's excrement.

by Anonymousreply 27October 5, 2015 4:46 AM

I have great neighbors who look out for eachother's places when they're gone. I'd want one of them to call me if this was going on in my house while I was away. I know they would call me the minute things looked out of the ususal pattern. I'd just call them and let them now that about 10 people are in their house, and is that what they'd planned for? It's up to them to decide what to do, but I'd offer to be of any help. They can call the police, and you could be there to meet them to discuss the problem, with the owners on the phone talking to the police.. That's being helpful and not intrusive.

by Anonymousreply 28October 5, 2015 6:44 AM

I CAN'T believe that nobody has basically said to Mind Your Own Business, so I'll more or less do so: Unless they asked you to keep an eye out - and especially since they have designated house sitters who are actually there (albeit taking advantage of the situation) - mind your own fucking business.

If there is damage or theft, the house sitters will be held accountable. They are extended family, after all.

If they had mentioned that the sister in law and bf would be house sitting - and then you hadn't seen any sign of them, then yes a phone call might have been warranted. But that isn't the situation you've described.

by Anonymousreply 29October 5, 2015 7:39 AM

I had to google 'Craftsman homes'.

Do you live in a Craftsman home yourself, OP? They look very nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 5, 2015 8:18 AM

If you are going to butt in, you go whole hog - no sneaky phone call while peeking through your vertical blinds ( OP has vertical blinds).

Walk over and demand an explanation. Then demand tea. Then flip over a saucer looking for mark while interrogating the children. Then confiscate any drugs.

by Anonymousreply 31October 5, 2015 11:36 AM

The answer to your question, OP, is would you want to know, especially if your kin was left in charge to look after kitty first. Proceed accordingly, but be light about about it, a casual mention. If they inquire further, spill.

by Anonymousreply 32October 5, 2015 12:29 PM

[quote]It's Sunday and all of these people haven't left the house except for a store run but the girl and bf have left for hours leaving these strangers in the house all day.

Are you really monitoring the comings and goings of every person in the house, tracking their movements, analyzing the items they're bringing in and out and keeping attendance of who is on the premises and who has left?

Seriously, trollina? What is wrong with you? Why is your life this empty?

by Anonymousreply 33October 5, 2015 12:44 PM

Fine!

You will need: catseye sunglasses, leapord headscarf, mini skirt, stirrup pants, flats.

Climb into a tree. Tempt, seduce, and devour each trespasser individually. Do snake dance.

by Anonymousreply 34October 5, 2015 1:10 PM

It's not the intention of them but the cameras do all the work, genius / r33. I'll take r32 advise.

Yes, I have one r30. They are very nice homes. I think that's why my part of the city is a big target for thieves.

Lots of stinky pussies on here especially at r29 and r33.

Let's be honest here. Is the sister of the brother in law really is "family?"

by Anonymousreply 35October 5, 2015 4:55 PM

Yes my neighbors always tell me and my husband to keep an eye out and we ask the same when we go out of town. As I said we have lots of break in my part of town but our city LOVES to sweep them under the "Mayberry" rug.

by Anonymousreply 36October 5, 2015 5:00 PM

Well, OP, you needn't get upset or indignant with us. You posted, and asked our opinion AND our advice. Since you already knew what you wanted to do, all you really wanted was for someone to confirm the rightness of your actions. But the fact is, I happen to think R29 gave you the best advice. The fact is, you're a nosy neighbor and you really want to stir up some shit and find out what happened. But your neighbors didn't ask for your involvement, so you should stand down.

If you must "do something" then document the activity, and wait to determine if your neighbors raise it when they get home. Then you can be helpful. And if you neighbors ask why you didn't call them, you can say, " well since it was family and they'd done it before, I thought you had worked things out with them." As far as your neighbors are concerned, it would've been nice if they had said something to you before they left town along the lines of ""I hope you'll keep an eye on things and call us if you notice anything out of the ordinary." But they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 37October 5, 2015 5:10 PM

Sorry, OP I didn't see your post @ R36 before I posted mine. @ R37.

by Anonymousreply 38October 5, 2015 5:11 PM

I guess it's the tone of some of the replies that stink, r37. That's all. :)

by Anonymousreply 39October 5, 2015 5:21 PM

Stinks.

by Anonymousreply 40October 5, 2015 5:22 PM

Unless you are very close friends with these neighbors, stay out of it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 41October 5, 2015 5:28 PM

I still want to see "Lair of the White Worm" activity from OP.

Unless he's a very fat person there's no reason why he can't fulfill my request.

by Anonymousreply 42October 5, 2015 7:13 PM

I don't know that reference so please explain it r42.

by Anonymousreply 43October 5, 2015 7:21 PM

If you have been neighbors for a while and have gotten on well with these neighbors, then I think you owe them a call. As others have said, I think they will not fault you for showing your concern in an unusual circumstance (to say the least). If they already know and have approved of the air mattress crowd, they will not fault you for your concern. IMO anyone here who says butt out is trolling and doing you a disservice.

by Anonymousreply 44October 5, 2015 7:32 PM

I just came in from water some plants outside and the neighbors driveway {which is right next to my house} was empty of the five cars parked there since 8am this morning including house sitter girl and bf. Now 11:30am up rolls in one of the friends and she enters the house for a 1/2 hour and then leaves with other friend who just appeared. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 45October 5, 2015 7:36 PM

Following my suggestions at r34, r31, or r14 will entertain me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 46October 5, 2015 7:38 PM

Team Mind Your Beeswax.

If you reject that sound counsel OP, then you will need:

Gardening clogs, pinking shears, a pair of Not Your Daughter's Jeans stretch mom jeans, a Celine Dion Vegas tee, a butterfly tattoo on your upper left tit, a Pandora bracelet, and a jammy smear of Lancome Juicy Tubes lip gloss.

by Anonymousreply 47October 5, 2015 7:39 PM

I like the way r47 thinks.

OP, an outfit is truly a must when minding others' business. There's no shame as long as you make it into theatre.

by Anonymousreply 48October 5, 2015 7:46 PM

If it was clever or funny I would r46 but it isn't. It's lame. Same goes for r47. Dull.

by Anonymousreply 49October 5, 2015 7:47 PM

Feeling follows doing, r49. Just put on a fucking outfit, go over there, and then report back.

Not difficult.

Entertains me.

Extends the life of your thread.

Everyone wins.

by Anonymousreply 50October 5, 2015 7:53 PM

I agree with R29 and others. OP, you sound very nice, but what if unbeknown to you, you neighbors are fine with this; what if the girl arranged with them and no one told you? if you do say something, you run the risk of maybe mildly annoying your neighbors but WORSE the girl and her BF. Who may want to get "revenge" on you someday. Perhaps I've lived (not anymore) in big cities too long, but I would Not. Say. A Word. Especially with cameras around - the people themselves can perhaps tell when they get back.

by Anonymousreply 51October 5, 2015 8:02 PM

R47 and others - or, R47, is it just you - with the outfits suggestions? Priceless; hysterical; I'm laughing my ass off!

by Anonymousreply 52October 5, 2015 8:05 PM

WTF do "Craftsman homes" have to do with anything???

by Anonymousreply 53October 5, 2015 8:09 PM

Thanks r51. I am nice and I've known my neighbors for 12 years. They are lovely people. It's kinda hard to find nice, caring and most importantly accepting neighbors. They are! I really like them.

The male friends of house sitter girl are very oaf like so that's why I'm concerned and asking so much.

by Anonymousreply 54October 5, 2015 8:10 PM

How about minding your own fucking business? Ever think of that, Ms. Busybody OP?

by Anonymousreply 55October 5, 2015 8:13 PM

'Oaf like'? So 'like' or similar to, oafs, but not actually oafs, OP?

Sub-oafs? Demi-oafs. Quasi-oafs.

by Anonymousreply 56October 5, 2015 8:15 PM

Wow, so OP really does monitor the comings and goings of every neighbor, times their visits and catalogues what the bring or leave with.

Would anyone want this sort of busybody psycho living next door? It's late Monday morning, why are you watering plants and not at work? Isn't there a drought out west?

by Anonymousreply 57October 5, 2015 8:18 PM

Of course they're oafish. Where's dynamic tension without oafishness?

One last try.... Op, put on a soiled silk nighty, carry an empty bottle of Gordon's, head on over and ask about gentleman callers.

Then report back.

by Anonymousreply 58October 5, 2015 8:20 PM

The tribe has spoken, OP.

by Anonymousreply 59October 5, 2015 8:23 PM

OP, note that if you call the neighbors cell, they will immediately call the sister who will deny everything and then her bf will damage your house/car in retaliation.

by Anonymousreply 60October 5, 2015 8:38 PM

All of the above r56.

by Anonymousreply 61October 5, 2015 8:41 PM

Yes, her oafish bf will put a potato into your exhaust pipe, OP. Be sure to check up there before you drive off to Hobby Lobby in the morning for that Gourd, Berry and Pinecone Cornucopia you have your eye on!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 5, 2015 8:43 PM

Go ahead and call. I want you to ruin your neighbor's trip.

by Anonymousreply 63October 5, 2015 9:04 PM

I called and left a message. Saw the two girls go through their mail and then one came out with duffle bags put them in her car and left. The other is still inside and her bf { a car and person I haven't seen} walked in. All on camera.

by Anonymousreply 64October 5, 2015 9:40 PM

R64/OP has officially lost a friend in the neighbor, who most likely knows who those people are.

by Anonymousreply 65October 5, 2015 9:55 PM

I am loving this thread! Don't anyone stop adding to the whimsy!

by Anonymousreply 66October 5, 2015 10:44 PM

My neighbor call me back and she was shocked and not happy with the girl and bf. She does not know who these cunts and kindaoafs are and she DID NOT give her permission to have people over let along move in. She thanked me VERY MUCH and said she was happy to have a neighbor like me.

HAHA! So all you DL cunts and kindaoafs can all shove it up your dirty. smelly, stretched out, pus filled STI HOLES!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 67October 5, 2015 11:06 PM

Bitch didn't even dress up.

Pound some gluten-free pasta up your ass, OP.

I will NEVER offer you advice regarding vacationing neighbors with suspicious cat caregiving squatters again - no matter how hard you beg AND YOU WILL!

We are FINISHED.

by Anonymousreply 68October 5, 2015 11:16 PM

OH, AND I WIPE BACK TO FRONT!

by Anonymousreply 69October 5, 2015 11:27 PM

You're still a busybody, OP.

... and I agree with the poster upthread who points out that you came on here to ask advice and then you get all queen of whatever when everyone doesn't validate your behavior.

So next time, just make your calls and leave us out of it.

by Anonymousreply 70October 5, 2015 11:38 PM

No @ r70. A small group of assholes jumped on me for no reason. I was right to take the advise of some good people here who said to call my neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 71October 5, 2015 11:45 PM

I think you were right to call your neighbors. There's a way to tell them without making it sound like their house is now a crack den.

However- you can't get upset with people on here for responding snarkily. It's what happens on DL. You take the advice you need and you discard the rest. And if you can't at least get a chuckle out of some of the negative ones, then learn how you at least make diamonds with that tight rectum.

by Anonymousreply 72October 5, 2015 11:58 PM

I know you're right r72 but some of these cunts are real CUNTS. I love having a tight hole.

by Anonymousreply 73October 6, 2015 12:06 AM

R72/OP Yeah, you sure did take that "advise."

by Anonymousreply 74October 6, 2015 12:08 AM

God. Dammit.

by Anonymousreply 75October 6, 2015 12:10 AM

I'm the OP@ r73, r74

by Anonymousreply 76October 6, 2015 12:10 AM

Yea, you fucked it up r75

by Anonymousreply 77October 6, 2015 12:11 AM

could you verify that address, please?

by Anonymousreply 78October 6, 2015 12:12 AM

I want to make bouncy on an airbed!!!! Pweeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeze?

by Anonymousreply 79October 6, 2015 12:15 AM

And yeah, what does the type of house have to do with anything? Did the infiltrating riff-raff bring in tons of 'farm-fresh' butterto lube up for their probable orgies?

by Anonymousreply 80October 6, 2015 12:16 AM

Someone had to...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 6, 2015 12:18 AM

WHATEVER....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 6, 2015 12:29 AM

OP glad you called, and I'm one of those who told you to not call but to record the events and wait for your neighbors to return. Siunds like the girl got involved with some scummy people. Too bad. You say they were going through the mail? I think your neighbors better change all their locks and get an alarm system when they return. By the cat sitter allowing all those random eople to stay there, they were probably casing the house and going through all their shit.

by Anonymousreply 83October 6, 2015 12:36 AM

I feel sorry for kitty. All those strange people running around. That's reason enough to call.

by Anonymousreply 84October 6, 2015 12:45 AM

R83, going through the mail and the multiple duffle bags were it! Regardless to what was in the bags there's no reason why these cunts should be in the mail. Plus, house sitting girl gave these cunts a key to the house. Unfuckingbelievable!

I see the cat everyday at least 3 times a day. I haven't seen it since the cunts and kindaoafs moved in.

by Anonymousreply 85October 6, 2015 12:48 AM

OP, PLEASE put on your faux shearling lined Crocs and get OUT there looking for kitty. I WON'T sleep a wink until I have NEWS of her.

by Anonymousreply 86October 6, 2015 1:15 AM

OP has monkey-fur lining in his Gucci loafers.

by Anonymousreply 87October 6, 2015 1:27 AM

I am dismayed. And gobsmacked . And on the bad end of my second Bartles & James. Anyhoo, how could the DL get to 80-some replies w/o suggesting that OP survey the fratboy sizemeat that may or may or may (was gonna correct this but what the hey) not have been squatting at the quaint Craftsman next door? Isn't that what security cameras and klieg lights are for??

by Anonymousreply 88October 6, 2015 1:40 AM

I suggested that in my homage to "Streetcar Named Desire" you drunken slut.

by Anonymousreply 89October 6, 2015 1:50 AM

OP, you did the right thing especially if the friends were going thru the mail and had access to a key they had no business using. I do not understand the sort of mentality that tells you to ignore a situation like this when it was plain from your original post that you cared about your neighbors. Their trust was violated by that woman and no amount of ridicule is going to change that. I would hope that my neighbors would respond in the same way.

by Anonymousreply 90October 6, 2015 1:58 AM

This thread would have been sooo much better if OP had pulled a Ruby Rod and sneaked over to "see what he could see", updating his eyewitness as it occurred.

Remind me to never ask for updates if OP is involved in a true crises.

by Anonymousreply 91October 6, 2015 2:04 AM

R88 nailed it.

(even if OP didn't)

by Anonymousreply 92October 6, 2015 2:08 AM

I hope op keeps us informed of the situation. Like when the neighbors get home and whats what. I think OP did the right thing calling,and Ive never minded a busybody neighbor. People used to look out for each other as a matter of course.

by Anonymousreply 93October 6, 2015 2:08 AM

R88 = MPC

by Anonymousreply 94October 6, 2015 2:13 AM

R91 = Pedo

by Anonymousreply 95October 6, 2015 2:14 AM

R88 they were all obese 20somethings kindaoafs. No pretty faces.

by Anonymousreply 96October 6, 2015 2:20 AM

OP did the right thing.

I don't think the mail sounds like a big deal. They might easily gave been asked to look out for certain mail and call the owners when said mail is received. But all the rest was enough.

No good dead goes unpunished, though. It is a consequence of having integrity. Good luck, OP!

by Anonymousreply 97October 6, 2015 2:49 AM

One thing OP. If the girl and her friends were up to no good, your neighbors will find out when they get back, obviously. So one can assume the girl will tell them she wasn't around when it happened and knows nothing. Either that or she will stage a break in, then tell the neighbors that someone broke in whiel she was at work or school or WTFever.. Be sure you jot down license numbers and keep tabs on the comings and goings, especially the times. ALso watch to see what gets carried in or out. Do this very surreptitiously, be careful.

by Anonymousreply 98October 6, 2015 3:13 AM

The girl house sitter is the sister of the brother in law which I personally don't consider family. I think she's fine but her 10 friends? Who the fuck knows? I think personally it's bizarre behavior.

by Anonymousreply 99October 6, 2015 3:44 AM

I don't agree with the suggestion that OP monitor ongoing things. OP did the right thing. Anything more is just butting in.

by Anonymousreply 100October 6, 2015 3:53 AM

kindaoafs?

Like meatloaf?

by Anonymousreply 101October 6, 2015 4:27 AM

Snitches get thrown in ditches. Along with the cat, who was in the duffle bag.

by Anonymousreply 102October 6, 2015 4:51 AM

That needs work r102.

by Anonymousreply 103October 6, 2015 5:21 AM

I'm glad you called. You did the right thing, against the suggestons of others who said to bow out. Now it's in the hands of the owners, and your responsibility is done, unless they ask for help. As I said above, I'd be so appreciative if a neighbor did that for me.

by Anonymousreply 104October 6, 2015 5:32 AM

[quote]Snitches get thrown in ditches.

Tell me about it!

by Anonymousreply 105October 6, 2015 5:35 AM

Lmao at the outfit suggestions!! One question though: Why would you wear a mini skirt AND stirrup pants?

by Anonymousreply 106October 6, 2015 6:24 AM

Oh, Fank You R92 !! Mwah

I was a tad put out by R89 's suggesting that I was both drunk and a slut, but I've decided to take it as a compliment, esp because Miss Flouncy's earlier post was most likely either too obscure or too unfunny for me.

Entre nous, I will own to the fact that I haven't nailed anything since the Wisenhower Administration... Never was any good with hammers and other tools.

by Anonymousreply 107October 6, 2015 6:32 AM

R-Whatever, I almost snapped a girdle strap at your suggestion that I might be Mrs. Patrick Camble (yes, I know how it's spelt). I'm much more down home than she. More like Kath Day-Knight.

And R-OP (so tedious to look up the actual reply numbah, though not as tedious as my blathering), if they were all Deliverance Dingleberry Doughboys, why didn't you alert the authorities straight away? Such aesthetic effrontery is surely against HOA covenants?!

by Anonymousreply 108October 6, 2015 6:41 AM

I am lmao [R68]. Your post sounds exactly like something my wife would say to me when she's pissed and has her hands on her hips.

by Anonymousreply 109October 6, 2015 6:53 AM

R88, your great sense of humor and style has me laughing my ass off! Are you also the poster who has several times throughout this threat, posted the wonderfully witty "fashion" suggestions ("OP, put on your_____, and _____")?

by Anonymousreply 110October 6, 2015 7:34 AM

And R88-at-R108, I would love to see a thread JUST of your witticisms; you're the best purveyor of snark (??sorry; sure there is a better way to put that) I've seen anywhere on DL in a long time - MORE please!

by Anonymousreply 111October 6, 2015 7:40 AM

OP, I was one of the very timid posters upthread; I want to apologize to you. I felt so bad to read your post about your neighbor being upset. Thank you for ignoring me and other posters; you did the right thing and then some.

by Anonymousreply 112October 6, 2015 7:42 AM

[quote]kindaoafs

Can someone please explain this word?

by Anonymousreply 113October 6, 2015 8:33 AM

It sounded like a pop-up meth lab!

by Anonymousreply 114October 6, 2015 8:55 AM

[quote]The male friends of house sitter girl are very oaf like

Easily one of the strangest sentences I've seen on DL, and I was here during the possum insanity and gargoyle on the ledge situation.

by Anonymousreply 115October 6, 2015 9:04 AM

Stop trying to make kindaoafs happen, Gretchen.

by Anonymousreply 116October 6, 2015 9:19 AM

Can someone please explain what the predominate architectural style in the neighborhood has to do with any-fucking-thing? Could OP be any more pretentious and bourgeois with his "craftsman homes?"

by Anonymousreply 117October 6, 2015 9:21 AM

It's meant to add character to the Especially Scintillating Tale, R117 -- a random fact that might take off in the comments and turn this into an epic thread. It's just that OP wasn't subtle about it, and that kind of thing hasn't been effective on DL for a couple years now, maybe longer.

by Anonymousreply 118October 6, 2015 9:23 AM

Pop-up meth lab sounds right.

by Anonymousreply 119October 6, 2015 9:59 AM

OP you did not do the right thing, but you never do so it's ok. In the words of my favorite DL responder " Mind your own business you fat fuck".

by Anonymousreply 120October 6, 2015 10:32 AM

" but you never do so it's ok."

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 121October 6, 2015 2:40 PM

r116 = kindaoaf

by Anonymousreply 122October 6, 2015 2:40 PM

"Easily one of the strangest sentences I've seen on DL, and I was here during the possum insanity and gargoyle on the ledge situation."

Sure, hon. Now get back to your lithium.

by Anonymousreply 123October 6, 2015 2:43 PM

R110 - sadly, I am not the poster, child, with the fashion advice. That person has élan and wit. I merely have half-wit.

by Anonymousreply 124October 6, 2015 3:01 PM

I've come down on OP pretty hard on this thread and I'd like to apologize.

It has occurred to me that OP may be one of those assburger folks who doesn't have much in the way of outfits - you know, one of those spartan fellows who owns nothing more than seven pairs of black pants, seven purple polo shirts, seven pairs of Hanes undies, seven pairs of white socks, eight pairs of hushpuppy shoes, and one puffy jacket.

I'm sorry, OP. Please forgive me. You may go back to dusting your action figures.

by Anonymousreply 125October 6, 2015 3:01 PM

What is OP's affliction? Aspergers with a touch of OCD?

by Anonymousreply 126October 6, 2015 3:04 PM

r117, we heard you many times over. No one it biting. It's over. Now please move along. It's laughable you calling someone OCD when you're obsessing over "Craftsman."

by Anonymousreply 127October 6, 2015 3:28 PM

R127? We can all see that you're the OP. Put you on ignore and half the thread disappears. You're mocking ME for over posting? Really, hon? And PS: it ain't over until DL decides, and with you bumping the thread every time someone posts, it won't be over for a while.

Don't you have security cameras to monitor? Quick! I think I heard a neighbor sneeze! TO THE PANIC ROOM, STAT!!!

by Anonymousreply 128October 6, 2015 3:36 PM

You can always spot OP's posts. The spelling and grammar are atrocious. "No one it biting?" I'm guessing she's 80 and still getting used to these new-fangled smartphones.

by Anonymousreply 129October 6, 2015 3:39 PM

You're a genius r128. Who knew you could ignore? How dare I reply on a thread I created. Shocking!

Now what was that about "Craftsman?"

by Anonymousreply 130October 6, 2015 3:47 PM

= r128. After someone calls her out on her trolling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 6, 2015 3:55 PM

If it was an area that did not have Craftsman homes, I would not care.

by Anonymousreply 132October 6, 2015 3:55 PM

this one is good, too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 6, 2015 3:59 PM

OP you are still the most laughable troll on this thread. Craftsman homes!

by Anonymousreply 134October 6, 2015 3:59 PM

I think OP was attempting to show us that this is a nice neighborhood and these obese oafpeople were conspicuous. I've been enjoying this tread and multiple posts can often indicate that a conversation is going on. Some of you may not be familiar with that dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 135October 6, 2015 4:06 PM

OP logged onto DL at work to type that.

by Anonymousreply 136October 6, 2015 4:11 PM

Rambler? Don't care.

Queen Anne? Forget about it.

Med Modern? Fuck'em!

Craftsman? Gurl, attentionay vous now!

by Anonymousreply 137October 6, 2015 4:12 PM

[quote]I think OP was attempting to show us that this is a nice neighborhood and these obese oafpeople were conspicuous.

As if OP is an ounce under 300 pounds.

It seems pretty obvious that the strangers were 20-somethings over at the neighbor's house doing laundry for free. OP even said it was laundry at first, then later lost his little mind and said these "oafs" were moving in. And "going through their mail" is almost certainly "looking at the letters and catalogs after taking them out of the mailbox," not "opening the mail and stealing their Social Security checks."

The neighborhoods of Craftsman (and knockoff) homes in my town are all in older areas, usually near pretty major streets and parks, with a lot of the larger homes divided into apartments. Extra people aren't really as noticeable as you'd think.

by Anonymousreply 138October 6, 2015 4:20 PM

r138 - it doesn't matter WHAT they were doing you half-wit, the owners never gave the cat sitter permission to have visitors over, period, much less a group of 10 people move in. The owners were shocked and horrified as was explained, yet you're still trolling and you look like you have no comprehension skills whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 139October 6, 2015 4:36 PM

Hey, children of the 'lounge! If you want to dress as OP this Halloween, you will need:

One stud earring , some roomy Dockers, a Nasty Pig tank, black suede Uggs, and a chenille snood.

by Anonymousreply 140October 6, 2015 4:59 PM

What's the best place to get candy? A Craftsman home.

by Anonymousreply 141October 6, 2015 5:14 PM

At r135 the OP is lucid, but at r139 you can see the mask slipping. By his next post, he'll be back to ranting about Craftsman homes and kindaoafs.

by Anonymousreply 142October 6, 2015 6:11 PM

Is Kim Davis an oafperson?

by Anonymousreply 143October 6, 2015 6:44 PM

I have a feeling someone visiting must have been on DL and seen this thread themselves, because the cars left after this thread showed up.

Or maybe someone noticed the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 144October 6, 2015 6:49 PM

None. Of. This. Ever. Happened.

by Anonymousreply 145October 6, 2015 7:00 PM

[quote]I have a feeling someone visiting must have been on DL and seen this thread themselves, because the cars left after this thread showed up.

Wait. What? Are you drunk now? I thought you spoke to the neighbor and ratted them out and that the jig was up. Now you're claiming they left because they saw this thread? Mary, are you high? WTF are the fumes in your Craftsman house doing to you?

Just PLEASE KEEP POSTING. You get stupider by the hour.

by Anonymousreply 146October 6, 2015 7:13 PM

At this point in a thread, I always introduce a secondary word and make it happen.

Spreadening - see Botero, see also Amy schumer, see also OP's fat lazy nosy ass.

by Anonymousreply 147October 6, 2015 7:20 PM

I'm not the OP, R146, but you're funny.

by Anonymousreply 148October 6, 2015 7:28 PM

I'm not the op either

by Anonymousreply 149October 7, 2015 4:09 AM

If you're not the OP either, then why have you so passionately assumed his idiotic cause? Do you live in a Craftsman home, too?

by Anonymousreply 150October 7, 2015 12:20 PM

I don't live in a Craftsman home, but I have known some Craftsmen.

Look. If OP called the owners and the owners contacted the relatives of the girl, and raised hell, then it makes sense that the cars would all leave. I have to wonder if these people have jobs. The other thing I wonder is if this is a band of gypsies who clean out houses in the absense of the owners.

by Anonymousreply 151October 7, 2015 1:58 PM

Why are you so invested in trolling the OP r50?

by Anonymousreply 152October 7, 2015 3:22 PM

That should read r150.

by Anonymousreply 153October 7, 2015 3:23 PM

Oaf update, OP? Did you march up to the front door and when you knocked to demand to see the cat, did you wait there with folded arms drumming your fingers indignantly on your arm with VERY raised eyebrows? And then did you march home again when they pretended not to be home?

Do tell!!

by Anonymousreply 154October 7, 2015 5:04 PM

Nobody likes a tattle-tale, but I'd rat on the neighbors' son-in-law's sister (whatever the fuck the relation) in a second. Nobody wants a house sitter who brings an opium den of air-mattress buddies to camp out in one's house -- Craftsman style or otherwise.

I'd ask your neighbors if they found everything okay with their house on returning home - saying that you noticed loads of people carrying things in and out and were worried for a bit until you recognized their trusted cat sitter. Leave it to them to ask for more details or not.

by Anonymousreply 155October 7, 2015 5:39 PM

OP, please please promise to give us an update when the owners return, ok? Hopefully they didn't crack the decorative crystal egg on display on the living room fireplace mantel!

by Anonymousreply 156October 8, 2015 2:53 AM

OK. OP, your neighbors must have returned by now. I hate it when someone comes here and asks us to participate and we make the effort and then we hear nothing.

Fucker.

by Anonymousreply 157October 15, 2015 5:55 PM

R157 The OP obviously never contacted the neighbors. He just said that he did and that they appreciated his call because he got mad at everyone telling him to mind his own fucking business.

by Anonymousreply 158October 15, 2015 9:06 PM

OP, your book report is overdue! What happened?

by Anonymousreply 159October 19, 2015 3:18 AM

Did the house-sitters find out that the OP ratted them out and killed him?

by Anonymousreply 160October 19, 2015 3:20 AM

Well, R160, that ended badly.

by Anonymousreply 161October 19, 2015 3:31 AM

This was all just another EST, obviously, OP has already cleared her cookies and moved on. How many fell for it?

by Anonymousreply 162October 21, 2015 8:40 PM

Call the owners and ask if there has been a death in the family, because you've seen all the cars, kegs of beer in the driveway, and topless women cavorting about the lawn, and you'd like to send some sympathy flowers. Let them take it from there.

by Anonymousreply 163October 21, 2015 8:46 PM

If you see Walter Slezak there it would explain everything.

by Anonymousreply 164October 21, 2015 9:06 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 165December 14, 2015 3:41 AM

The cat has probably died from old age by now.

by Anonymousreply 166December 14, 2015 4:07 AM

So have the neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 167December 14, 2015 4:09 AM

Any update?

by Anonymousreply 168May 20, 2016 1:00 AM

Send them a telegram: "Trouble at the house" [html removed] "frightened" [html removed] "Can't say more" [html removed] "Please reply" [html removed]

Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 169May 20, 2016 1:08 AM

Mind your own business, OP.

by Anonymousreply 170June 27, 2020 9:57 PM

I remember this one.

Are trolls trying to hide some unpleasant current threads by bumping old ones?

by Anonymousreply 171June 27, 2020 10:01 PM

Tell them when she's next there in front of them, so you can catch her facial expression.

by Anonymousreply 172June 27, 2020 10:26 PM

R55 OP is the self-appointed block captain. Every suburban neighborhood has one.

by Anonymousreply 173March 18, 2021 3:16 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 174October 11, 2022 6:00 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 175February 23, 2023 6:09 AM

R53 is correct. It signals an est.

by Anonymousreply 176February 23, 2023 6:35 AM

OP, go get your own blow up mattress, place your mouth over the air the air spigot, and keep on blowing until it’s completely filled with air.

By the time you’re finished, your neighbors’ uninvited guests, their air mattresses & their laundry will be long gone, and you can take a well deserved nap, knowing that you’re a GOOD blowhard!

by Anonymousreply 177February 23, 2023 9:01 AM

People, please check the dates on these things. Defacto is bumping any old 2015 thread they find that is still open.

This thread is nearly 8 years old.

by Anonymousreply 178February 23, 2023 10:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!