Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hillary was awesome on SNL

It takes some brass to make fun of one self. This bitch has balls. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2020 2:50 AM

She did well, but all I could think of was the inevitable Fox & Friends segment coming next week where they're screaming about her appearing on SNL when ISIS is gathering steam or something.

Or else they'll compliment her performance and say it was better than anything she did as Secretary of State.

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2015 5:04 AM

I know it is not popular or particularly "acceptable" to enjoy SNL here at DL, but the Hillary skit was great and overall I would give this episode a solid B-.

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2015 5:05 AM

That is a huge part of the problem with Fox, they aren't our friends.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2015 5:07 AM

I thought the show, on the whole, was pretty weak for the 40th season premiere. The absolute funniest part was the opening act and Aidy Bryant as Kim Davis. Even though it was a non-speaking part, she nailed Davis' look.

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2015 5:11 AM

Gurl is wearing her desperation on her sleeve.

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2015 5:12 AM

Not to change the subject, but DAMN, Miley Cyrus's singing on SNL was horrible. She was wailing and screaming. I turned on the channel during her musical number and for a minute or two I thought it was one of the skits

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2015 5:15 AM

Love Kim Davis but I liked the Hilary skit. Is Bernie a serious contender? A lot of people are not crazy about Hilary.

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2015 5:16 AM

Hillary was so stiff.Though Kate was great as Hillary . I thought that Trump would show up just to make a fool of himself once again.

by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2015 5:17 AM

Miley sounded really good...why that other person is lying, I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2015 5:19 AM

I totally agree, R6. Usually she's much better than that...much better.

by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2015 5:20 AM

Bernie is not a serious contender, R7, but he has some good ideas. If some people aren't wild about Hillary, they'll have to put on their big boy pants and get over it. We need the next president to be a Democrat and Hillary is the strongest candidate in the Democratic Party. She's actually the strongest candidate in either party.

Miley Cyrus is a blight on music.

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2015 5:24 AM

Maybe I need to get familiar with what her songs actually meant; but from a purely listening standpoint, Miley stunk that shit up.

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2015 5:36 AM

Miley was good, I'm not really a fan but I thought she sang the hell out of both songs.

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2015 5:52 AM

What fun tonight on SNL as Hillary showed up in a very funny skit as bartender Val...her playfulness and humor in the scene was right on and the gay rights moment was smartly quick witted...she was awfully spry and healthy tonight and looked fabulous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2015 7:44 AM

She's Betty White without the charm .

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2015 8:43 AM

R14 That was a nice post by a Hillary campaign operative. Quick wit? She was reading from cue cards. It was all rehearsed as well.

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2015 2:24 PM

[quote] It was all rehearsed as well.

Yeah, well, that doesn't seem to help most of the cast or their guest stars. . . .

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2015 2:34 PM

Couldn't they have placed Hillary's cue cards lower, so it didn't look as though she was reading them off the ceiling?

by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2015 2:37 PM

Hillary was fan-fucking-tastic.

Could America have two smart, cool presidents in a row?

by Anonymousreply 19October 4, 2015 2:38 PM

Americans are the only people who pick presidents like they do a talk show host to follow at night.

by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2015 2:43 PM

R19 Hillary is not cool and the jury is still out on her intelligence. I love the fact that the Hil campaign is giving the DL so much love. I've never seen so many shills in my life. That includes all the Hollywood plants who post on certain closeted actors not being gay.

by Anonymousreply 21October 4, 2015 2:44 PM

Loved Hillary on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 22October 4, 2015 2:55 PM

Hillary is wonderful and very cool.

by Anonymousreply 23October 4, 2015 3:08 PM

Cue cards should be held at camera lens level. Kelly and Michael's card holder crouches below the camera.

by Anonymousreply 24October 4, 2015 3:14 PM

Hillary is an old fuddy duddy . I wonder if she hit on Miley just to be current. Perhaps the stunning Cecily Strong. She has that exotic look that Hillary likes.

by Anonymousreply 25October 4, 2015 3:16 PM

This won't help her win. She is still a fake and a fucking liar. We need Joe.

by Anonymousreply 26October 4, 2015 3:28 PM

[quote]She is still a fake and a fucking liar. We need Joe.

Oh, the irony.

by Anonymousreply 27October 4, 2015 3:33 PM

Lorne Michaels is at least loyal. In 2008 when the ENTIRE media was totally in the tank for Obama, SNL and only SNL tried to prop up Hillary. Remember they were the only outlet to hit the undisguised media bias with the brilliant sketch of the joint press conference with Amy Pohler's sympathetic Hillary aghast as the media hit her with gotcha questions as the reporters wearing Obama buttons let Obama Girl and the moderator declare their love to Obama. When Obama got the nomination they got in line with everybody else, but till then they gave us ambitious but spunky Amy vs smarmy Obama. At least Amy took that routine and made a pretty good sitcom out of it.

Now Lorne goes again down the same road. But c'mon, Hillary serving drinks to someone ELSE? As if.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 4, 2015 3:50 PM

To change the subject, Beck Bennett must be a DL reader. He slimmed way down during the show's hiatus. He's looking good again.

by Anonymousreply 29October 4, 2015 3:52 PM

[quote]Americans are the only people who pick presidents like they do a talk show host to follow at night.

Blame our mainstream media. They did this to our political process. It wasn't always like this.

by Anonymousreply 30October 4, 2015 3:58 PM

Hillary is hard to look at for more than five minutes. This SNL appearance wont help her.

by Anonymousreply 31October 4, 2015 4:00 PM

R28 No. Faux News Channel was extremely pro-HIllary. Papa Rupert Murdoch wanted her as President. Hil mentioned that Fox was very fair.

by Anonymousreply 32October 4, 2015 4:02 PM

R21 LOL no just a supporter and if someone likes someone etc. doesn't mean that a shill is always posting but if you look at that way aren't we all shills fucker? You probably want Sanders and he has no chance and hell being president! GO HILLARY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 4, 2015 4:03 PM

I also noticed how much slimmer Beck Bennett looked. He looks fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 34October 4, 2015 4:05 PM

I love watching her fall getting on the plane. Too bad she didn't hit her head. Hard. We would have been spared this misery.

by Anonymousreply 35October 4, 2015 4:09 PM

R21, tell mommy to get your breakfast on the table before you post here.

by Anonymousreply 36October 4, 2015 4:21 PM

The sketch:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 4, 2015 4:21 PM

R37 COOL saw it she ROCKS #hillarypotus

by Anonymousreply 38October 4, 2015 4:22 PM

It's very sad to watch her falling apart before our eyes.

by Anonymousreply 39October 4, 2015 4:30 PM

Politicians aren't entertainers, and shouldn't try. Hillary was terrible. I agree with the poster who said she is falling apart in front of her eyes. This is really sad to watch.

by Anonymousreply 40October 4, 2015 4:40 PM

[quote]If some people aren't wild about Hillary, they'll have to put on their big boy pants and get over it.

r11 is the guy who fucks a 9 year old in the ass and berates him for crying.

by Anonymousreply 41October 4, 2015 4:46 PM

To get back to an earlier topic — Aidy Bryant is one of the best cast members of recent years. She managed to get huge laughs with no lines and just a slight costume. Girl is naturally funny. I've seen her comedy troupe in Chicago a couple of times and she's just a riot.

(Cue calls of "Aidy Bryant PR shill")

by Anonymousreply 42October 4, 2015 7:40 PM

Aidy Bryant PR shill

by Anonymousreply 43October 4, 2015 7:42 PM

R42 She was really good on "Girls."

Yeah, I admit I watched "Girls." And I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2020 2:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!