Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shit You Don't Dare Post On Your Facebook Wall...But, Would Like To

There's all sorts of stuff I'd like to say on Facebook but can't because it would hurt feelings; be inflammatory; stir up shit that I don't want to stir. Not talking being awful or racist or assholey but what are things you're just dying to get off your chest? Like...

I hate burlesque, or rather the boring new burlesque. It's so boring and fake and pretentious...most of it at least.

I also hate nearly all tattoos, most piercings, top knots on men.

Please: No generic bitching about women/dykes/trannies/people of color/white people/the usual blah blah. Be specific!

"I hate white people who have dreads and make a big deal out of it" would be ok.

by Anonymousreply 153April 27, 2020 1:19 PM

Also: I hate people who THINK they're brilliant at graphic design and writing and arts in general but they actually suck. I have a specific person in mind who's pompous posts about his work really make me want to slap him...

by Anonymousreply 1October 3, 2015 5:32 AM

Badly written, over wrought poetry inspired by break-ups. It's one thing if the person writing it is sixteen, but after that? It's especially bad when they attach a photo they've found online of a pond in the mist.

by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2015 6:39 AM

I can't fucking stand your 'retro' eyeglasses. They're ugly and that whole 'old-school' everything trend is tired. This isn't the sixties. The style you wear looked bad on almost everyone back then and they look even worse on you. Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2015 7:12 AM

Popping out a kid isn't an accomplishment. Stop acting like having kids that you're too immature to take care of and can barely afford to have is some great miracle.

You were too stupid to use birth control and that's what happens, and now your baby daddy is miles away partying it up and living his life meanwhile you're stuck at home on FB trying to convince yourself and everyone else that being a teenager mother was the greatest choice of your life.

And I really wish mothers would stop posting all the mommy martyr stuff FB about how hard it is and what a sacrifice it is and blah blah blah. You made that choice so I really don't feel sorry for you.

I do however feel sorry for the kid who will grow up without a father and a mother with no education.

by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2015 7:18 AM

[quote]I hate burlesque...

What are you talking about? Burlesque hasn't been around since vaudeville days. Or is this some new thing that means something different?

by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2015 7:19 AM

I hate poetry.

Or, at least modern poetry.

Everything after Wallace Stevens is horrible.

A dear friend of mine writes poetry and I adore her but...no.

by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2015 7:26 AM

(R5) You must not live in any place too hipstery. "New" Burlesque is very trendy in certain quarters...Brooklyn, Seattle, Portland.

99% of it is insufferably precious. They also trot out the same boring routines over and over again.

"New" Circus arts stuff is big, too. Also equally awful.

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2015 7:33 AM

What kind of glasses do you wear, R3?

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2015 7:35 AM

I don't want to see any pictures of your false finger nails, post salon visit. I don't care what they call it. It is not acrylic art. It is tacky.

by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2015 7:40 AM

There was a Mommy Martyr post that made the rounds with many of the women I know. Some overwrought bilge about giving up their last breath for their little darlings. Disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2015 7:47 AM

R8, I don't need them yet.

by Anonymousreply 11October 3, 2015 7:51 AM

[quote] And I really wish mothers would stop posting all the mommy martyr stuff FB about how hard it is and what a sacrifice it is and blah blah blah

It is a sacrifice, but I always want to ask these people what the hell they did while they were growing up. Didn't they ever pay any attention to all the things their parents did for them and what hard work it was? They all seemed shocked and surprised at how much work goes into parenting. I guess they thought parenting was going to be like it is on a tv show. My mother was a single mom and I knew when I was 12 years old I wasn't ever going to have children. My Mom struggled and even though she loved us very much, parenting did not look enjoyable at all. I think these people feel this way (mommy martyrs), but they don't want to admit it so they post all the crap about their kids on FB and everywhere else to give themselves a mental boost and to convince themselves they really like parenting (when they really don't). Someone should start a "I hate parenting" website where people can post anonymously

by Anonymousreply 12October 3, 2015 8:00 AM

R6 your post took me by surprise I know you love me dearly but --- oh wait a minute I've never posted my poetry on FB - carry on.

& further, I wish people would stop with their never-ending re-posts of what Jesus will do for me if only! Yeah, I know, he's my silent partner - my shelter from your gasbaggy wind - your best friend - in sole possession of whatever light there is in the universe...but c'mon now! every single hour of every single day - don't these people know how to comfort themselves privately?

by Anonymousreply 13October 3, 2015 8:19 AM

I have two friends who are....technically "people of color" ie "black" but both of them are very light skinned and at best look vaguely Mediterranean; neither of them have had to struggle much with racism having each grown up with white mom and that side of the family rather than absentish black dad/the other side of the family. Whenever they start posting lots of "oh, the struggles of being black" stuff I roll my eyes and bite my tongue.

by Anonymousreply 14October 3, 2015 8:56 AM

"OMG you guys like I so totally got knocked up by my deadbeat boyfriend at 16 because I wanted to piss off my parents and like now I'm a mom and it's like really hard! like I thought it would be like fun and stuff but it's not! and like I used to be pretty and stuff but now I'm fat! but I did it all because I love my baby! please feel sorry for me please pay attention to me! wahhh!!"

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2015 9:54 AM

I have a friend (call him Bill) whose husband (John) always posts "I love my darling husband! Isn't he handsome?" gush, (tagging him, so it shows up on his newsfeed) Over the last few weeks, I and mutual friends have seen "Here we are at HAMILTON Celebrating our anniversary! It was fabulous!" "This song reminds me of my FABULOUS husband!" "Bill just got a haircut! Isn't he a looker!" All of us roll their eyes and make gagging sounds when they read them. John is also an arrogant asshole.

I'd love to post "Bill, have you ever told John about.......Steve? Oh, the time behind the bar you boys had! Seems just like yesterday."

by Anonymousreply 16October 3, 2015 9:55 AM

Yeah, R16. Something about couples proclaiming on FB how much in love they are irks me. I have (mostly straight) friends who do that, and I always wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 17October 3, 2015 10:00 AM

I'm surprised that so many people go on to be parents, what with modern day contraceptives. It really is a trap unless you truly love and connect with children and go into the commitment with eyes open, which most people do not. Parenting is an endless river of bullshit, tedium, no sleep, poverty and fuckery.

Yet, so many people think to themselves "Maybe a baby will help. That unpleasant stuff won't happen to me." But I can't say anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 18October 3, 2015 10:41 AM

"(I spent my 20's fucking every guy in town, was on birth control, aborted two fetuses, and now went through IVF to get pregnant...) Being a mom a the most wonderful, natural thing in the world! It's what I was made for!"

by Anonymousreply 19October 3, 2015 12:42 PM

I'd like to remind my cousin who posts all this pro-life crap that she basically gave her kid away to her parents because she didn't want to raise her. I'd like to remind my other cousin that she can do all these things with her kids all the time because her husband works his ass off and she doesn't have to work. FB certainly highlights the almost overwhelming lack of self-awareness in people.

by Anonymousreply 20October 3, 2015 1:07 PM

I see alot of very religious Jesus lovimg posts from ghetto black folk "giving up to God" or "Jesus take the wheel" . While they have thier 5th fatherless child. Jesus should have provided an IUD instead.

Also, gay men who recently lost a partner due to death that post about their grieving while they also post about the new man or men in thier life.

by Anonymousreply 21October 3, 2015 1:22 PM

[quote]gay men who recently lost a partner due to death that post about their grieving while they also post about the new man or men in their life.

I have to say I've never read such a posting.

by Anonymousreply 22October 3, 2015 1:54 PM

Lol r4. That deserves a like and share

by Anonymousreply 23October 3, 2015 2:04 PM

R14 - I know the type. I went to college with Ben Jealous, the former head of the NAACP. He was the most strident black activist on campus, but I didn't even know he was black until I took a seminar with him. His mother was black and his father was white - both 60s activists. But he grew up wealthy and went to private schools.

To hear him talk about his disadvantages and struggles was really hard to swallow, particularly when he was sitting next to black people who had really "overcome".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 3, 2015 2:28 PM

Facebook has helped a bunch of middle aged over 40 suburbanites relive high school. It's a bunch of mean girls and loons spreading lies and myths. A bunch of morons displaying their crazy for the entire world to see. Every other day I get some new call from my 65 year old mother about some new Facebook meme. I have to tell her that it's not true and the next time go to Snopes.com to confirm, but she never does.

by Anonymousreply 25October 3, 2015 2:36 PM

I want to tell people who tell ugly fat women how beautiful and gorgeous they are to stop lying. Yes they are pretty, but they're not "gorgeous". And if they were as attractive as everyone says they are, why don't they have a man?

I want to ask all the people posting pictures of their "stuff"--cars, trips, labeled goods--when they plan to pay off those items and clear their debt.

I want to ask the "alpha males" how they can manage to spend 5 hours a day in the gym and pay for all their supplements and equipment if they don't actually have jobs. Who is financing them?

I want to ask the 45 year old who romanticizes their high school days and friends everyone from their graduating class why they attempted suicide in the tenth grade if HS was so wonderful. I'm thinking of someone in particular.

by Anonymousreply 26October 3, 2015 2:56 PM

Anything about fatties.

by Anonymousreply 27October 3, 2015 3:00 PM

I really hate:

The (over)use of memes for every response. I'd be more impressed if you strung a sentence together putting forth your own view rather than finding a photo with some "clever"phrase (it's not clever) that someone else created.

"Inspirational" posts, usually containing a photo of a celebrity with a quote with a quote which they probably never said.

by Anonymousreply 28October 3, 2015 3:04 PM

Tell the GFs/wives of men who are anti-gay that they need to search their computers and keep an eye on their man because he is possibly gay/bi himself and uses homophobia and anti-gay bias to cover up.

by Anonymousreply 29October 3, 2015 3:05 PM

Tell the mothers of teen girls who post selfies where they're dressed like whores that their daughters look like tramps.

Tell the fathers of teenage boys who post half naked selfies that most of those girls "liking" them aren't really girls.

by Anonymousreply 30October 3, 2015 3:08 PM

"Don't scroll past without typing 'Amen'. Like = 1 Prayer. Share = 5 Prayers."

Even if you DO believe is God/Jesus, do you think it really works like that?

by Anonymousreply 31October 3, 2015 3:08 PM

So true r29. the straight guys I know DGAF and have no strong opinions about the gayness.

by Anonymousreply 32October 3, 2015 3:09 PM

"Hey, thanks all you suburban Republican assholes for consistently supporting politicians who make me a second-class citizen!"

"Why are all you retarded parents of all these autistic, special snowflake children against Obamacare!? You think the shitty insurance companies are going to keep paying for your child, who will never hold a job, his whole life without such a law? Maybe

"How come all you fundy Jesus types never up and move to a hardcore red state, and live in Republican Christian splendor with your people, but stay in blue states surrounded by libruls and heathens? Is it because you know you'll hate living in a dysfunctional shithole with lousy schools and services? Tell us!" you're retarded too!"

"The next moron who quotes Dr. Mercola, or Dr. Oz with some "mommyblog nutrition hysteria" is going to get an organic grapefruit to the face!"

"Have you noticed all the hardcore Christians are the most unhappy and on their second marriages?"

by Anonymousreply 33October 3, 2015 3:19 PM

Acting as if you are "homeless" while you and the bf do a gut renovation on your vacation home is not as compelling as you think....

Quit schnorring me for money for your "disease-a-thon"!

Ugh, the breathless Fire Island Pines updates are FINALLY OVER!

by Anonymousreply 34October 3, 2015 3:28 PM

Stop posting pictures of your kids when I'm eating.

by Anonymousreply 35October 3, 2015 3:31 PM

Parents who martyr themselves on Facebook regarding their kids' afflictions/disabilities, and share WAY too much info about their kids. I really want to tell them to shut the fuck up. It's awful. One of my cousins posts all the time about her son's Selective Mutism, and the struggles they go through at home and school, in detail. Doesn't your kid have any fucking privacy? I'd be embarrassed.

Ladies, we are not "body-shaming", "policing", or "fat-shaming" you when we talk about yoga pants and leggings being worn in public. We just want you to know it's a very lazy, dull fashion decision. In my city, EVERY woman is running around in black leggings, and now they're wearing it to the office. You're not being "policed" when the office manager sends you home to change. You're being told that you're NOT at home on your fucking couch. Same for "dressy" sandals and ballet flats. What are you, ten years old?

If you post that you have "haters", that your "haters" are secretly your "fans", that you're a "bitch" and don't care what people think of you, that no one has walked a mile in your shoes, that nobody should judge you, that nobody really knows about the million delicate feelsies underneath your supertough exterior............you're actually just an abusive, psychotic wreck who is constantly fucking up their life, making terrible decisions that affect your friends and family, being shady and two-faced. We're not "judging" you; we are calling you out on your bullshit. We are not your "fans", we actually think you're a fucking mess.

by Anonymousreply 36October 3, 2015 3:49 PM

This is why I'm no FB for 30 second max every two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 37October 3, 2015 3:52 PM

[quote]([R5]) You must not live in any place too hipstery. "New" Burlesque is very trendy in certain quarters...Brooklyn, Seattle, Portland.

Never heard of this either. Are these live comedy shows? Is it the same format as old burlesque - with the sexy girl and slap-stick comedian?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 3, 2015 3:54 PM

I don't like reading about people's recently deceased pets. I sympathize with them, I really do. I've lost beloved pets, and I know how much it hurts. I don't want to revisit that when I go to FB. And I don't need to surf other people's grief and drama.

I've seen people on FB post deathbed photos of aged relatives, too. I'd like to say to them: WTF are you thinking? Seriously, WTF?

by Anonymousreply 39October 3, 2015 3:58 PM

[quote] gay men who recently lost a partner due to death that post about their grieving while they also post about the new man or men in their life.

[quote] I have to say I've never read such a posting.

I have. Women do it too. Never seen a straight guy do it though.

by Anonymousreply 40October 3, 2015 6:09 PM

The endless food photos cluttering up my feed make me want to hurl. I've been tempted to post, "That looks like vomit" numerous times. Not fond of lame "inspirational" posts, either.

by Anonymousreply 41October 3, 2015 6:42 PM

I cannot believe that Facebook is still popular. I logged on about a month ago, and was bored to tears. I think Facebook is a mecca for people with monotonous lives.

by Anonymousreply 42October 3, 2015 6:52 PM

Yes to the old-fashioned, ugly, nerd glasses. They are not flattering on anyone - stop!

R36, come sit by me..

by Anonymousreply 43October 3, 2015 7:34 PM

(r38) No. Sadly, it's just pasties, tits and posing. There are some comedic acts out there, but it's all clean/PC fun. NOTHING like the REAL burlesque which was sad and filthy.

by Anonymousreply 44October 3, 2015 7:47 PM

IDGAF if people get tattoos or piercings. I do think they make people less interesting.

by Anonymousreply 45October 3, 2015 7:50 PM

I'd like to tell the young women who have a kid but aren't with the father who claim they're strong and independent that there are others way to prove you're strong and independent and it doesn't involve fucking some random guy you met while drunk and getting knocked up.

by Anonymousreply 46October 3, 2015 10:30 PM

Hey white girls - that black guy you're fucking is going to leave your ass as soon as you pop out a kid. And so will the next one. And don't expect any child support either.

by Anonymousreply 47October 3, 2015 10:36 PM

I am tired of the "I hate Obama Care" guy when I happen to know you personally make an income of over 200,000 claim you are poor on paper and bought the platinum package using Obama care. Then you go on to complain how immigrants are milking the system. Really?

by Anonymousreply 48October 3, 2015 10:43 PM

I hate women. They should be locked up and checked out like a library book to procreate.

by Anonymousreply 49October 3, 2015 10:44 PM

R48 is a fairy tale. Never. Happened.

by Anonymousreply 50October 3, 2015 10:47 PM

Facebook is still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 51October 3, 2015 10:53 PM

Yes it did R48, its a friend we are on opposite sides of the political fence. Conservatives are usually the biggest hypocrites when you can see what they think on a timeline.

by Anonymousreply 52October 3, 2015 11:02 PM

I am also tired of being asked to vote you up on your home made move trying to start an acting career at 45. Seriously, if you just got the acting bug at 45, it's way too late. That ship has sailed. Plus, you suck.

by Anonymousreply 53October 3, 2015 11:05 PM

HOT SILVER DADDIES!

by Anonymousreply 54October 3, 2015 11:10 PM

R43, not just the black horn rim glasses, but also women with the cat eye glasses. They're almost always overweight, but those glasses wouldn't even look good on a thin person. I'm sorry I don't "Like" your glasses. You look like you just stepped out of a Far Side cartoon.

Don't worry, twenty of your "Friends" will Like your new glasses, even though they're only reciprocally Liking them because you Liked all the stupid shit they posted about yesterday, even though you were rolling your eyes with every click as well.

by Anonymousreply 55October 3, 2015 11:11 PM

You went to the gym. I don't care.

You ate some food. I don't care.

You got a cat. I don't care.

Your cat died. I don't care.

You show me your flesh wound. I don't care.

You love the pope. I don't care.

You despise the pope. I don't care.

Hereby deny Facebook the right to your stuff when already did by becoming a member. I don't care.

You're in a drag show. I don't care.

You show a shade-throwing gif after the drag show. I don't care.

You're out drinking. I don't care.

You're with a bunch of people. I don't care.

You tagged me in something that has nothing to do with me. I don't care.

You're begging for money. I don't care.

You don't care. I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 56October 3, 2015 11:28 PM

R56:

.......said Pierre!

by Anonymousreply 57October 3, 2015 11:34 PM

R51, you didn't have to tell us you were under 30 in so many words. You told us by your stupid use of the word "thing."

by Anonymousreply 58October 3, 2015 11:40 PM

People who post too many pictures of their dogs and then rant on and on about their health problems. A contact went into great detail about the explosion of her pooch's anal gland during a cleaning and how rank it smelled. Yah. We know. We don't want to read about it. Or think about it. We'd MUCH rather you continue with 8-year-old pics of your wedding or endless pumpkin-headed extreme close-ups of you in physical therapy grinning away, OR a continuation of your cocktails-on-the-patio trend. Anything but your dog's spooge.

by Anonymousreply 59October 3, 2015 11:59 PM

Yes, please STOP posting your food pictures. They are disgusting. Everything looks like you already ate it.

by Anonymousreply 60October 4, 2015 12:02 AM

R47 wrote what I wanted to write but was too afraid to, even on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 61October 4, 2015 12:15 AM

R33, that was pretty spot on!

What I would like to post on my own FB wall is a list - complete with photos - of all the Marines (and the rare Army fellow) I've fucked in the last two years. But I won't. What's the point? People wouldn't believe it anyway.

People think I lead a boring life because I post this sort of boring shit on FB. What they DON'T know is I'm a whore, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 62October 4, 2015 12:31 AM

Stop posting pics of your fire pit. We get it. You have a fire pit. So does everyone.

by Anonymousreply 63October 4, 2015 12:44 AM

I agree about all of the food pics. I don't need to see every goddamned thing you're eating. Are you going to start posting pics every time you take a shit, too?

by Anonymousreply 64October 4, 2015 12:47 AM

Middle aged and over dudes....stop dying your hair. Or, at least dye your hair a believable color.

You have a face like an old handbag and jet black hair.

No one's buying that story.

Good dye on older ladies makes them look younger.

Hair dye on men makes THEM look older.

Shave it all off; buzz it or if you're blessed with a head full of gorgeous grey/silver hair, then get an awesome cut n style and rock the silver daddy look.

by Anonymousreply 65October 4, 2015 2:31 AM

R5 - it has hit the NJ suburbs (specifically Dunellen). At Roxy and Dukes, you can see burlesque, sideshows, belly dancing, and other hipster events also found in Brooklyn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 4, 2015 2:44 AM

Stop with the 1980's concert pics already! We got it, you are stuck in the 80's and have an orgasm every time you see a haggard still drug addicted senior citizen singing We Got the Beat.

by Anonymousreply 67October 4, 2015 2:51 AM

Those of you who continue to post on outdated FB and do nothing but bitch about your family, "friends", and others who post on FB, ought to get the fuck [bold]off[/bold] of FB (unless bitching on, and about, FB gives you some purpose and sense of superiority, which it must).

by Anonymousreply 68October 4, 2015 2:56 AM

Your kids are ugly and uninteresting, and you're fat. That's what I'd post on FB. Along with: You're a badly educated dipshit who is barely bright enough to draw breath. No one cares what you think about Obama/Hillary/Biden/the Pope/anything else.

by Anonymousreply 69October 4, 2015 3:09 PM

Stop telling us how much you love being a mommy when we all know you and your husband hate each other and you're constantly screaming at your kids to be perfect. Also, get a job; your teenage children don't need a stay at home mom. Maybe if you worked you'd be too tired to fuss over your family and control their lives.

by Anonymousreply 70October 4, 2015 4:03 PM

Please stop talking, tweeting, posting about bacon. You love it. OK. Go off somewhere and snark down a whole God-damned snootfull of the stuff. Knock yourself out. Just don't talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 71October 4, 2015 4:12 PM

Just because you have the money to buy an expensive camera and you're retired now does not mean you are suddenly a *serious*, *accomplished* and *celebrated* photographer. Those wedding shots you grabbed? Blurry, badly composed.

by Anonymousreply 72October 4, 2015 4:15 PM

I don't even think about what I can't say on FB because the list of things that drive the middlebrow mouthbreathers crazy is too long to even contemplate.

I follow a lot of fine people on FB, but none of them faff about with posting on everyone's timelines, so they wouldn't mind what I said. About 10% of the people I follow are unfortunately not that calm and collected. If I'd known some of these people were stupid, suckups or energy-draining drama queens I'd never have followed them.

by Anonymousreply 73October 4, 2015 4:18 PM

We don't care that you're in Wine Country. Seriously. Have fun. Come home safely. Please stop posting pumpkin-headed, extreme close-ups of you and Kurt with your rich relatives, guzzling wine and grazing small plates of .... whatever. We are happy not knowing every twist and turn of your fabulous lives.

by Anonymousreply 74October 4, 2015 4:18 PM

The fact that you are constantly traveling to far-flung locales and not spending a whole lot of time at your job makes us wonder if you're either dealing drugs or whoring on the side.

by Anonymousreply 75October 4, 2015 4:25 PM

I pity people who think that their tattoos / piercings / body modifications make them different, interesting or significant. It's not because I'm uptight and narrow minded - it's just utterly conformist and unoriginal. All of it. And no one wants to know about the personal meanings of it, or that your tattoos are "for you."

by Anonymousreply 76October 4, 2015 6:27 PM

Please cousin Angela stop posting about how accomplished and educated your sons are. Stop telling us how much Andrew is earning and please stop telling us how important Tom's job is. I don't care that they both travel all over the world, and that they both earn thousands a month.

Why don't you tell us about how Uncle Simon sold off piles of his assets to pay for your sons to go to expensive schools? Why don't you tell us about you spending thousands on plane tickets so they can travel to foreign countries looking for work?

Please stop telling us what great homemakers your DILs are and how bright and intelligent your grandchildren are. Why don't you tell us about Uncle Simon paying off the mortgage on your $1.2 million dollar home so you could retire early and stay home? Why don't you tell us about hiring tutors to teach your grand kids so they would be more advanced that their fellow students in pre-K?

Why don't you tell us about Tom cheating on his wife with that stripper and getting busted by a cop getting head behind a bar?

Why don't you tell us why exactly Andrew "hasn't found the right girl" yet has managed to get a woman pregnant while refusing to help care for the baby? Why don't you tell us why his Visa was revoked and he was deported from Japan last year?

by Anonymousreply 77October 4, 2015 6:44 PM

Gee, R77 sounds like your relatives are a handful.

by Anonymousreply 78October 4, 2015 6:54 PM

R78 Angela used to be great. But then she married a douchebag and became a hosebag. Now her day revolves trying to convince everyone she has the most fabulous life in the world.

by Anonymousreply 79October 4, 2015 6:57 PM

Sis 1: I think we all might be okay with only 10 or 15 pictures of the grand kids per week.

Sis 2: You'd be a billionaire if there was money to be made by bragging... about stuff you're able to do because you married well (and make shit money)

Largely ex-friend: It's bad enough that you're wearing us out with tales of how fortunate you are to have great parents, a great wife, a great kid, but spare us the nastiness about people who didn't have a fraction of your good fortune... and some of know you're also fortunate that you never got busted for a whole lot of felonies you committed.

Oh! Sis 1: lovely effort making yourself out to be a hero/angel/martyr in our mother's dying days -- after treating her like worm-filled shit for the last 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 80October 4, 2015 6:58 PM

Stop making your job seems more important that it really is. You're an assistant to a warehouse manager. Calling yourself an "executive storage management facilitator" is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 81October 4, 2015 7:01 PM

Stop posting selfies every day, you narcissistic whore!

All of your "I adore my perfect husband and baby" / "My life is perfect" posts & photos make me wonder if your jerky-looking husband beats you at night, careful to leave bruises where nobody else can see them.

by Anonymousreply 82October 4, 2015 7:02 PM

Dear Sis, stop bragging about how well your kids are doing out of college. Kid number 2 has not dated anyone at the age of 24, is antisocial, gamer who probably has Aspergers on the edge of being a serial killer. You think he is brilliant because he likes to build mechanic robots that kill things and loves swards and knives, we think he is a freak who is just waiting to go off some day. At least you didn't buy him any guns.

by Anonymousreply 83October 4, 2015 7:08 PM

You are not "blessed." You are a braggart.

by Anonymousreply 84October 4, 2015 7:12 PM

Last year: "Help! I can't make my mortgage payment this month, and I'm in danger of losing my house, I'm desperate!"

This year "These are the pictures from my cruise. "

This week: "Anyone interested in a weekend in Atlantic City?"

by Anonymousreply 85October 4, 2015 7:15 PM

Wow....so many of you have too many straight friends/family on your FB wall.

I have like 3 and they MUST remain on their best behavior or out they go.

by Anonymousreply 86October 4, 2015 8:39 PM

Stop posting Happy Birthday to dead people. They don't read Facebook. Those of us with half a brain know it's a play for attention. Those with less will fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 87October 4, 2015 8:45 PM

They cant help themselves R86. Breeders feel entitled to say and do whatever they want as long as it is acceptable within the breeder circle of behavior. Unlike gay men who have to Edit,Edit,Edit.

by Anonymousreply 88October 4, 2015 8:58 PM

In FB pictures of your dog, Sam, (your 'best friend') he looks malnourished and really stressed out. If you weren't always out collecting friends, taking selfies, feeding your work addiction and networking , maybe he'd look happier. Keeping him in a crate day in and day out, even if it does simulate a secure cave that supposedly dogs like, must get really boring and uncomfortable. But yeah, he's your best friend. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 89October 4, 2015 9:21 PM

Is this a thread from the past? I closed my facebook account about three years ago and I don't know anybody who's still on it. Ditto with twitter two years ago when it became an even more cluttered clusterfuck. Instagram is still fine so far, but wait, they'll find a way to fuck it up soon.

by Anonymousreply 90October 4, 2015 9:33 PM

[quote]Facebook has helped a bunch of middle aged over 40 suburbanites relive high school. It's a bunch of mean girls and loons spreading lies and myths

Yup, I've seen stuff like this with 30 and 40 something women that I know from the small town I grew up in. There is one woman, in particular, who is a huge liar and has been called out in the past. But she keeps posting lies and some people buy into her bullshit and spread it. She recently claimed that the joint middle school/high school kept running out of main lunch courses and that her kids were only given fruit to eat. She said that it happened for several days. It didn't sound believable to me, but others shared her post. School employees and many students called her out on FB and said her claims were false. . It was kind of fun to watch. I keep in touch with a couple of people who work at that school, but aren't on FB and they too said she was full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 91October 4, 2015 10:48 PM

[quote]suburban Republican assholes for consistently supporting politicians who make me a second-class citizen!

The only person who made you a "second class citizen" is you. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 92October 4, 2015 11:19 PM

When you post "Sometimes..." or "And sometimes" as an opening to a status about something fabulous that happened to you today, I lose a modicum of respect for you.

by Anonymousreply 93October 4, 2015 11:31 PM

Ok, congratulations on your new baby. But must you post sometimes up to FIVE pics a day of him? Yes, he's cute in his polka-dot pajamas. Yes, he's cute making that goofy face as he burps. Yes, the little dragon costume brings out his lovely brown eyes. ENOUGH!

And sorry, but I'm NOT going to baby's first Halloween party.

by Anonymousreply 94October 4, 2015 11:42 PM

You know that just 'cause an athlete or team did something that wasn't horrible that doesn't make them "classy," right? Oh. You don't. Okay.

by Anonymousreply 95October 4, 2015 11:42 PM

"Why Are Y'all Still Watching SNL?"

And, breathlessly reporting about it every Sunday morning.

by Anonymousreply 96October 5, 2015 12:13 AM

Facetrick #3: Thanks for posting that hot shirtless pic. I'm saving it in the 'pics of hot guys I had sex with' folder.

Facetrick #7: Congratulations on your wedding! Does that mean you're no longer into being spit-roasted?

Facetrick #11: Wow, another beach shot in Speedos. That reminds me; you're still into wet stuff, right?

Facetrick #14: You're a lot fatter since I fucked you.

Facetrick #

by Anonymousreply 97October 5, 2015 12:26 AM

[quote]The only person who made you a "second class citizen" is you. Grow up.

I guess you don't follow along with the world much, but ENDA is not a law and one can be fired from one's job, or denied housing for being gay! Did you miss the whole historic, less-than-six-months ago Marriage Equality ruling, dear?

You seem to miss that fact that if you are a gay person in America, you STILL have fewer civil rights which you pay for!

You have only ever worked for your father, right?

by Anonymousreply 98October 5, 2015 12:29 AM

I stole my best friend's wrestling kit in high school, 1974. I chewed on his jockstrak and sniffed his siglet while jerking off. I never told anyone. He looked normally middle aged at our last reunion. Straight, married, grandkids. Still, if he had asked, I would've been on my knees.

by Anonymousreply 99October 5, 2015 12:32 AM

Damn, I hate posting from a phone.

by Anonymousreply 100October 5, 2015 12:36 AM

R98, you couldn't be more wrong. You, and only you, make yourself a victim. Grow. Up.

by Anonymousreply 101October 5, 2015 12:39 AM

Oh, in which ways am I wrong, r101. Why are you so abusive to me? I am not disagreeable, yet you are loaded for bear! Do you snap like this whenever you have an unsubstantiated by facts difference with anyone? Are you a gun owner?

by Anonymousreply 102October 5, 2015 1:10 AM

Today is my birthday and I want to smack the lazy people who are so boring they can't think of anything more clever to write than "happy birthday" on my wall.

#IwritePersonalFunnyWishesWhenCongratulatingPeople #ButImAlsoFunnyAndClever

by Anonymousreply 103October 5, 2015 1:51 AM

Your cutsie-poo animal pix and twee-speak are irritating and make you look like an idiot.

For every Jesus post, I'd love to reply simply, "Aw, cram it, churchy."

by Anonymousreply 104October 5, 2015 4:47 AM

Y'all really need to get off FB. I mean y'all really do.

by Anonymousreply 105October 5, 2015 5:05 AM

Yes. Because spending hours of your life on DL is so more rewarding.

by Anonymousreply 106October 5, 2015 5:07 AM

Who in the hell over the age of fifteen would even bother to post on Facebook ?

by Anonymousreply 107October 5, 2015 5:36 AM

Types 107, on an insipid gossip website.

by Anonymousreply 108October 5, 2015 6:08 AM

Facebook is mostly people over the age of 35.

by Anonymousreply 109October 5, 2015 6:40 AM

[quote]Ladies, we are not "body-shaming", "policing", or "fat-shaming" you when we talk about yoga pants and leggings being worn in public. We just want you to know it's a very lazy, dull fashion decision.

Mary!

Thank GOD they have you to let them know!!! It's your destiny...

by Anonymousreply 110October 5, 2015 6:44 AM

So why don't you guys just put the people that annoy you on unfollow? That way you're still friends, they never know you don't follow them, and you don't get your news feed clogged up with annoying crap. Granted, some of these people sound like they'd be fun to hate and I'd totally want to see what they'd say next, but the rest is just tedious crap.

by Anonymousreply 111October 5, 2015 9:16 AM

[quote]But she keeps posting lies and some people buy into her bullshit and spread it.

There are a hell of a lot of people who actively enjoy believing lies. I mean, you can't reason with them, you can't explain things to them, you can't gently supply a link to correct them, they WANT to believe that lie and by GOD they are going to believe the HELL out of it, and fuck you if you say a goddamn word to contradict them.

It's mostly fraus, with middle aged straight dudes coming in a close second. They'll lie about anything; the more banal, the better.

And they are all on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 112October 5, 2015 10:29 AM

Thoughts and prayers to all of you!

by Anonymousreply 113October 5, 2015 10:43 AM

[quote]Parents who martyr themselves on Facebook regarding their kids' afflictions/disabilities, and share WAY too much info about their kids.

Man, this pisses me off. They don't give a damn about their kids' feelings or privacy. They just want to exploit the kids to get more attention for themselves.

I know a guy who does this on Twitter (it's his work account, too). What makes people act like that?

by Anonymousreply 114October 5, 2015 12:25 PM

I don't Facebook. Sounds too much like a bunch of attention seeking high school mean kids, all trying to outdo each other, and looking foolish in the process. This is modern technology?

Just give me a rotary phone connected to a party line. That was my Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 115October 5, 2015 12:38 PM

IDK r114 but there's a mommyblogger in my town like that. I can't get away from photos of her and her kids, and how "proud" and "happy" she always is. From infancy she thrust those kids into a twisted role of extra in the movie of her life. It apparently never crossed her / husband's mind that their precious kids might prefer privacy... once they are old enough to articulate. It's a sick feeling I get from her, but everyone in town looooves her. Feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

I assume people like that are secretly miserable and need validation for their choices to have kid/s, which they severely regret but can't ever say because of the major taboo.

by Anonymousreply 116October 5, 2015 12:41 PM

With all the sick pervs in this world, why do mothers constantly post pictures of their children on an easily accessed website?

by Anonymousreply 117October 5, 2015 12:46 PM

And the GO FUND ME shit has to die in a grease fire today! Geez, people!

by Anonymousreply 118October 5, 2015 2:54 PM

30-something ex-pats who live in Oaxaca and think their shit doesn't stink! Puh-leeeze! Get over yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 119October 5, 2015 2:56 PM

AMEN, R118! Funerals, adoptions, whatever! I'm not paying for your life. I have my own to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 120October 5, 2015 3:29 PM

I'm told there's a woman in my town (an old HS classmate) who goes on those begging bowl sites asking for money for winter tires and whatnot. She plays up the "mom" angle. I thought she was married but who knows anymore.

I refuse to try and raise capital for a project using a begging site. It's a shame that some venture capitalists think an entrepreneur isn't trying hard enough of exhausting every resource if he's not on those godawful sites. In some cases it makes sense. Usually it doesn't. I hate the word "tacky", but it fits.

by Anonymousreply 121October 5, 2015 3:35 PM

So much WW on this thread. My favorites though are IT "pros" on the spectrum. Any straight man over 30. Watching life play out for those predictable people with personality disorders. BPDS are the best. The women who are ugly and photoshop their own pics using apps from photo bucket or gimp. Those who play with color saturation or lightening of their self is to hide deformed noses and other poor features. Guys who've met on Grindr who claim to be monogamous with their new hosts. Parasitic leeches. Those who don't realize how off and unstable their eyes are in most shots. Slacktevists. Unless you're promoting a business or start up, you're an idiot. Those who provide their birthdate in profile. Why don't you just post your social security # while your at it? Those who use their real names and towns when not promoting a business venture.

by Anonymousreply 122October 5, 2015 7:03 PM

Well r117 I'm not a parent but my sister, who rarely posts pics of her kid, has a theory that if some sick pedo wants to get his rocks off looking at photos my nephew in his karate gear well that's thats his issue. It's not like a perv can't spot him at the mall and go home and jerk off anyway. It's better than him showing up at my nephews school and staring at him through the gates. It's better than him showing up at the park where the kids play. Better than the psychos who trawl the web for kiddie torture porn. Dirty creeps live among us, they see kids faces all the time and since everyone has a phone, nothing is stopping them from sneakily taking a picture of a kid anyway.

by Anonymousreply 123October 5, 2015 7:15 PM

My spouse and I retired at a relatively young age and have be traveling a lot. I stopped posting pics of the last few trips because I feel bad for some of my friends who are going through a hard time. I feel like I am rubbing my good fortune in their faces.

I wish family friends and family would stop posting pics of my parents on the anniversary of their death. I feel it is too personal to share with all of FB.

I really hate the "like or share this post if you ..." posts. It's like electronic junk mail that clogs up my feed.

by Anonymousreply 124October 5, 2015 8:42 PM

One of my fave pastimes every couple of weeks was to watch this ex coworker frau get married to some dope and finally getting knocked up. Of course the poor baby went stillborn into her 4th month. My heavens did she milk that on FB for years including a matching pinterest board. Tries two more times, same thing. She put her husband through terrible grief. He finally divorced her BPD hysterical ass. She basically used her "murder" for her own ends. The reason why she was relentless in seeking sympathy was really her own guilt. Before her marriage she bareback ed everyone and anything hoping to trap them. What she did was end up being used because no guy wants that Contracted herpes, HPV, complete with scaly sores in her cooch and throat and a case of Chlamydia that went untreated for years. She forgot to mention that part on FB. If you didn't like her sympathy posts or comment with support, you were unfriended. Unfriended if you dare say anything unflattering about Jon bon jovi. She's a holy roller now. Whenever I'm feeling down, I visit her page for an instant lift.

by Anonymousreply 125October 5, 2015 11:52 PM

I'm over 20 years out of high school, and looking at some of my ex-classmates' pages it's like they're still teenagers. It's just sad.

by Anonymousreply 126October 5, 2015 11:57 PM

Invitations on FB to play those FUCKING, time-sucking games: Candy Crush, etc. Relegated to the grease fire immediately.

by Anonymousreply 127October 6, 2015 12:37 AM

Stop posting pics of your gay wedding that cost you a fortune but didn't most of your friends to. You do know a weddings is supposed to be celebration of your union in front of all your firmness and family and not a debutante ball.

by Anonymousreply 128October 6, 2015 12:55 AM

" Friends" not firmness

by Anonymousreply 129October 6, 2015 12:56 AM

I saw a few gay wedding pics that included a lot of firmness!

by Anonymousreply 130October 6, 2015 1:26 AM

R127) I feel the same way. Add to that any of those chain-letter type requests where you're asked to post it on your timeline. It's an urban legend---little Timmy will not get an operation if he gets 10,000 likes.

by Anonymousreply 131October 6, 2015 1:33 AM

Stop with the antique post card illustration with the lame phrases you identify with that are supposed to be funny. Usually about how you drink too much or how you are a bitch. Swap that pic out with your real one and not so funny, kind of pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 132October 6, 2015 12:28 PM

Some people are still caught in the HS mentality - even 30 years later. I figure it was the best time of their lives so they are hanging on to it for all it's worth. I don't get it but I'm not here to "get it".

I've been posting under a fake name and BD since I joined. I never give out that info and I do NOT want these people finding me. The people I friend are known to me and we generally discuss various hobbies like brewing or leatherwork. You don't have to participate in the "mean girls" FB culture.

by Anonymousreply 133October 6, 2015 4:49 PM

Pregnant AGAIN? Learn to cross your legs for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 134October 22, 2015 8:47 AM

Here you go, thanks for asking! I disagree with most (not all) aspects of liberal ideology. I do not think the ugly can be fashion models, the fat can be ballerinas, etc. I think all migrants should stay in their own countries or be shot at the border. I will never be impressed by the brilliant insights (opinions) of people in their early 20s. I think hipsters are pathetic and ridiculous. I despise most aspects of modern culture and think it is trashy.

by Anonymousreply 135October 22, 2015 11:31 AM

I LIKE r135!

by Anonymousreply 136October 22, 2015 2:33 PM

You would R136

by Anonymousreply 137October 22, 2015 2:36 PM

Yes, r137, I know why. You're a freak-show stalker with no life.

by Anonymousreply 138October 22, 2015 3:06 PM

I think I'm going to cut and paste r135 and post it on my FB.

by Anonymousreply 139October 22, 2015 3:22 PM

I'm honoured, R139! And thank you, R136. I have been on the down low with my reactionary views for so long, it's very exhilarating to get them out there.

by Anonymousreply 140October 22, 2015 3:29 PM

R3

Hell to the yeah. WHO doesn't or hasn't known one of these kids/people?

Also, word is now out with Adam Lansa and that NW freak at the junior college that Aspie can be as dangerous as paranoid schizophrenic. The most dangerous kind of schizo. Lots of Aspie share traits /personality disorders of all kind. And they're not geniuses. Very few, just like the average population. And no- idiot savant is useless and a burden on society. All trickles down to lack of empathy like a psychopath. Not all of course but we've all had a run in that R3 is speaking about.

by Anonymousreply 141October 22, 2015 4:03 PM

Pictures of your food along with a bragg-y, gleeful caption makes me hate you with heat of 1,000 suns.

Example: "Charred rib eye fresh from the grill and steamed bok choy misted with homemade teriyaki? It what's for dinner!!!!"

fuck you, loser.

And to addd to the chorus: begging for Xmas gift money around the holidays for your "sprouts" that you never should've shit out in the first place because you have no means of properly supporting them brings out the republican in me.

by Anonymousreply 142October 22, 2015 4:18 PM

J'adore R133.

Now that be how you preach it. Hmm mm mmmm

by Anonymousreply 143October 22, 2015 4:20 PM

I definitely want to say shit when parents start being all sanctimonious about how hard it is to be a parent. Like the stork just dropped off babies at their house one day. So annoying.

by Anonymousreply 144April 26, 2020 6:46 PM

I'm not a big fan of the posts that are just a selfie of them with tears running down their face with a caption like "today was hard." Oh, shut up.

My sister makes a big deal out of our dad's death anniversary every goddamn year and it's been 15 years now. It drives me nuts for some reason. You never "get over it", but you don't need to post how much you miss him just so one of your posts will get more than 3 likes.

A sexy selfie with an inspirational quote will make me howl with laughter. I have a friend who posted one and attached a fake quote on it from Oprah or something and it genuinely made me laugh, because at least I knew he had a good sense of humor about it. Even worse is when they attach a Bible verse as their quote it it's a picture of their ass in a thong or something.

by Anonymousreply 145April 26, 2020 7:30 PM

"I don't hate women. I hate WORKING with women. Which is a different thing."

This would not go down well on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 146April 26, 2020 7:41 PM

I've never had Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 147April 26, 2020 9:44 PM

Only professional food photographers should shoot brown food. When nearly anyone else does it, it looks like shit. Literally.

by Anonymousreply 148April 26, 2020 10:21 PM

This thread makes me wonder what Todd’s up to these days.

by Anonymousreply 149April 26, 2020 10:29 PM

Are you still on FB, OP? Why??

by Anonymousreply 150April 26, 2020 10:31 PM

I hate that people get take out, while still social distancing. That people breathing and touching all of your food while they make it and pack it, for you to consume in the next few minutes is not worth the risk. Just go to the store/get groceries delivered and get your prepackaged goods and items, and make your own food.

I don't believe the crap Gov't officials say regarding the safety of take out. They just want less to bail out in the restaurant front. The "it hasn't been proven" crap they say is utter bullshit, just like they initially told you not to wear a mask. Now that advice has definitely changed.

by Anonymousreply 151April 27, 2020 12:00 AM

Dear Dad, Brother,Uncle,Cousin,Colleagues

We're Stuck With A Traitorous Game Show Host. A Grifter Buffoon Touting Lies. An incompetent Psycho Who Only Cares about himself. The only thing more amoral than this Con Man are you his complicit cult followers. Knowingly worshiping your Orange Calf to an early grave. Fuck you all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 27, 2020 12:35 AM

Why are you "friends" with these people you are so obviously above? Oh wait, because as usual, gay men see themselves so much higher than everyone else in the room. FB made it really easy to unfollow people so you don't have to be annoyed by their mundane lives yet still pretend to be their friends. Better yet, delete FB like most of us did years ago

by Anonymousreply 153April 27, 2020 1:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!