Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do you like best about your partner's personality? What do you like the least? This applies to ex's if you're single.

I loved my ex-boyfriend's sense of humor and intelligence but I didn't like his dark side. A few months into our relationship as he was talking to a mutual friend on the phone, he suddenly pushed me as hard as he could against the wall. It gradually got worse from that point on. An almost evil side emerged. It was actually creepy. Needless to say, I didn't stick around long.

It's a shame because years later I can see I really loved him. He tried to control this other personality but couldn't. I later found out from his ex before me, he was the same way with him.

by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2020 5:47 AM

Yum! I love guys who get rough! Please send your ex my way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 3, 2015 2:30 AM

Nothing near that alarming, OP. But in terms of my husband- I love his smarts, his work ethic and his sense of humor. On the down side, he can be extremely negative in an occasionally mean-spirited way. It's never directed at me, but I get queasy when he occasionally will say of someone who pissed him off: "I hope he dies," that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2015 2:33 AM

He was the kindest man I ever met , the most masculine and the most honest , but he had a hard time making decisions probably due to his catholic guilt , he was the love of my life , sadly he died 2 years ago,

by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2015 2:37 AM

Sorry for your loss R3. I hope some day you find another love of your life.

by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2015 2:42 AM

I love everything about him and we have a great relationship.

Except... He comes with a lot of baggage. His ex wife is a needy mental case. His three adopted children ( now young adults) are total messes.... One alcoholic, one brain damaged with mental capacity of a 12 year old and the third a redneck. He has said if they were his biological issue he'd kill himself.

By design we live far away. We are two men with successful careers who have made a lot of money together. Yet these toxic people are always there on the edges.

If I had to do it again I would never fall for any man who had kids, much as I adore him.

by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2015 2:52 AM

r5, you sound remarkably selfish.

by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2015 3:09 AM

My ex-boyfriend was fine except he had a nasty habit of accusing me of having a "dark side." A few months into our relationship I was talking to a mutual friend on the phone, and he suddenly started annoying me. I gently tapped him to tell him to leave me alone, but he tripped over his own clumsy feet and brushed against the wall. He went around claiming I "pushed" him.

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2015 3:19 AM

Like: He's in my program and is Japanese

Dislike: Limited ability to resell textbooks at a reasonable price

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2015 3:19 AM

R7

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2015 3:34 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2015 4:21 AM

total insatiable bottom

by Anonymousreply 11October 3, 2015 11:37 PM

For my ex: Best: Could be extremely charming and sweet Worst: Never knew when to STFU

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2020 10:53 PM

my last

best: cheerful - even in the morning!

least: deceitful

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2020 12:01 AM

He's gorgeous and very sexy, but he never 'acts' sexy, Instead of behaving seductively, he just clowns around, since he knows if he can make me laugh, I'm putty in his arms. He went to school to become a social worker: it's the only work that ever interested him. He's very patient, and never curses. He's probably the best man I know.

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2020 8:52 PM

Good: He is able to keep my Type A rantings in perspective.

Annoying: He can be very stubborn.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2020 9:18 PM

He's smart, artistic, kind, thoughtful and loving.

He can be moody and he's the most competitive person I've ever met -- which is good and bad.

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2020 9:24 PM

My sister once said to me, “what you love the most about a person when you are first together is what you hate the most about that person later in the relationship.” Truer words were never spoken.

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2020 9:56 PM

Partner? Define partner.

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2020 1:57 AM

Partner? Define partner.

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2020 1:57 AM

Mine is easygoing and diplomatic. He can talk to anyone.

Downside: he drinks too much.

by Anonymousreply 20April 9, 2020 2:01 AM

R6. And you sound incredibly judgmental. The poster acknowledges what is good about his partner and is honest enough to say the baggage from his marriage and parenthood can be exhausting. Until you've been in the same situation, you can't know the times and ways the poster has had to take a backseat, as ex-wives and children ALWAYS end up taking priority, unless the father is an absolute jerk. But that doesn't mean it can't feel demoralizing at times.

by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2020 2:06 AM

My husband and I enjoy each others’ company and almost always have fun together. It is not a specific quality, but chemistry is really important. He also has spiritual values and is working on himself as a person (as I think I am) which means that we are actually both trying to be better people, and that is really important too. It makes it much easier to have constructive conversations when we go into breakdown.

Turns out, he is a germaphobe, which is surprisingly annoying because he has rules about how things have to be cleaned, etc., which I don’t have, and since he is immunocompromised, he can bottom line me about doing it his way. But since there are so many other great things about him, I can deal with that.

by Anonymousreply 22April 9, 2020 2:51 AM

So much smugness.

by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2020 5:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!