Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do women still wear pantyhose?

I have no idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 10, 2019 11:01 PM

They wear garter belts and chastity belts.

by Anonymousreply 1October 3, 2015 2:29 AM

They should, I'm sick of staring at their moo cow heifer legs jiggling around the subways, rubbing god knows what on the seats, dripping down their exposed cottage cheese thighs. Thank god it's getting cold again.

by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2015 2:37 AM

I generally don't even notice women.

by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2015 2:41 AM

Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2015 2:41 AM

They fell out of style unfortunately. In winter I see women with tights but no nude hose like the old days. I always thought they gave a more polished looks to legs.

by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2015 2:44 AM

I take it women no longer wear girdles? When I was growing up, all the women in our church wore girdles. After church, they would gather together and say things like, "I can't wait to get home and get this girdle off."

by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2015 2:47 AM

R6 No, but I hear bustles are making a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2015 2:49 AM

[quote]They fell out of style unfortunately.

I think more women wear pants now so there's no need for pantyhose.

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2015 2:50 AM

R6, they wear Spanx.

by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2015 2:52 AM

Most women don't wear Spanx or pantyhose with a dress or skirt. They think their fat guts and nasty, blotchy legs look attractive. God, how we've lowered the bar over the last three decades.

by Anonymousreply 10January 29, 2016 3:37 PM

So how do burglars disguise themselves if there are no more stockings or pantyhose?

by Anonymousreply 11January 30, 2016 3:20 AM

I wear more short skirts and dresses than pants, especially when it's not very cold. Nightclubs often have stricter dress codes, and prefer girls to wear club dresses. Still not all wear hose.

Yes I wear black, off-black, and nude colored pantyhose as I love "the look." If it's too cold I'll wear patterned stockings. You can't really wear stockings and garters with miniskirts going out to dinner and not have the garters show when you sit down; they're for "afterwards." Most young women dress to please themselves or to impress other females. I've always gone against the grain, so it depends on the taste of whoever is taking me out.

by Anonymousreply 12January 30, 2016 3:41 AM

I wear them to formal events, usually black pantyhose.

by Anonymousreply 13January 30, 2016 3:46 AM

I never understood why women wore pantyhose in the first place. Was it really to cover up leg blotches and veins?

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2019 1:35 AM

R14, It keeps you legs warm. Flattering, smooth look for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2019 1:40 AM

I'm a guy. One of my fuckbuds makes me wear them. He likes to rip a hole in the crotch and fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2019 1:42 AM

My ex liked that too r16!

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2019 1:43 AM

My M.O. is - whatever kink keeps it hot. Previous it was a lycra hood with a hole for my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2019 1:46 AM

JOYCE!!!

You've got a great pair of L'Eggs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2019 1:48 AM

As a kid I used to love those Leggs pantyhose displays in the supermarket.

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2019 2:23 AM

I am not sure. But I believe Joe Namath still does

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2019 2:40 AM

There's no need for a girdle with control top panty hose. The active wear/ light support panty hose do help if you are working long hours on horrible floors. I used them under my scrubs before I retired from clinical practice, and still wear them under pant suits, skirts and dresses.

I do snicker at gals wearing short skirts and cropped pants in the dead of winter with no hose or tights. It's damn cold with no protection, especially for your feet!

I also agree, unless the lady takes excellent care of her legs and feet, plus uses leg makeup, the lack of hose in professional settings is not attractive. And bare feet in shoes?

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2019 2:45 AM

You'll pry my pettipants out of my cold, dead hands!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2019 3:02 AM

Too bad this fashion trend didn't start in WWII, when stockings were hard to come by.

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2019 3:04 AM

I wear pantyhose and tights. I could not imagine leaving the house with bare legs. I think in the South it is more common to wear pantyhose. I am in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2019 3:08 AM

I am short and always hated pantyhose since the waistband pretty much came up to my neck. Stockings were more comfortable and more attractive. I wear jeans almost all the time now so this is no longer an issue.

There used to be an entire section of department stores devoted to pantyhose; back in the 1980s if I had to wear tights I liked Christian Dior.

I can't help wondering if the erotic fetish for stockings will die out when the old guys who grew up lusting after ladies in stockings die too.

by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2019 6:15 AM

Man-t-hose.

Or are they TRAN-t-hose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 10, 2019 4:15 PM

No, if they did they couldn't show their tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 28February 10, 2019 4:19 PM

myrtle

put on your girdle

we're going out to have a beer

by Anonymousreply 29February 10, 2019 4:21 PM

Shiny pink spandex and legwarmers for me, thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 10, 2019 4:51 PM

Depends on where I'm going and in what season: If it's summer, I don't wear them; however, I may wear them if I'm going to an event like a wedding or a business conference. For other seasons, I do wear them if I'm wearing a skirt or a dress and I'm at work or an event. I like them and I think they make my legs look decent. Also, I never wear underwear when I wear them as it creates an unsightly panty line.

by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2019 4:55 PM

Yes, I wear them with my Spring and Summer suits and dresses for work. I live in DC, and it's very hot in the Summer but I prefer a polished look and I am not young. Calvin Klein used to make pantyhose in gorgeous lifelike shades but haven't seen them around in a long, long while. In the winter I mainly wear black tights.

by Anonymousreply 32February 10, 2019 4:56 PM

Suspender pantyhose are great in the Summer as well. But again, I don't know who makes them anymore for career clothes, I mainly just see the Frederick's kind and those are not suitable for my purpose.

by Anonymousreply 33February 10, 2019 5:01 PM

I'm with R20. I really remember the displays of those egg-shaped containers! My mom had a ton of them. This was the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 34February 10, 2019 5:13 PM

I was still wearing themup to ten years ago. I miss them. My legs are getting more veiny and blotchy now that I’m older but nobody wears pantyhose anymore. They’re very hard to even find in stores.

by Anonymousreply 35February 10, 2019 7:58 PM

Crotchless panties

by Anonymousreply 36February 10, 2019 8:00 PM

One of the reasons a lot of people don't wear them for work is that they are too expensive. They don't last long.

by Anonymousreply 37February 10, 2019 11:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!