Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

There is STILL no such phrase/words as "should of, could of, would of"

But you wouldn't know it, since so many fuckwitted morons use it every day.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Wednesday at 6:54 PM

Their they're, OP. Calm down. Your going to loose you're mind.

by Anonymousreply 110/02/2015

"I could care less!"

by Anonymousreply 210/02/2015

I should have viciously face slapped OP, I certainly could have viciously face slapped OP and I would have viciously face slapped OP if he/she was here with me.

by Anonymousreply 310/02/2015

You really got your point acrost.

by Anonymousreply 410/02/2015

Yeah, and there is no "i" after the "n"in aluminum but that doesn't stop Brits from pronouncing it "al u min i um." Language is very idiosyncratic in the real world OP. Not everyone is as perfect as we here at the DL.

by Anonymousreply 510/02/2015

Isn't it: "could have, should have, would have" in that order?

Either way, I have never heard anyone say this in real life.

by Anonymousreply 610/02/2015

Deep-seeded habits are hard to break. Loose the attitude, OP.

by Anonymousreply 710/02/2015

If you're gonna whine about something, OP, get it right . . . . .

COULD-A, WOULD-A, SHOULD-A !

by Anonymousreply 810/02/2015

Watch choo talkin bout, OP?

You really axskin for it.

by Anonymousreply 910/02/2015

I'vd done forgot what I was going to say.

by Anonymousreply 1010/02/2015

You people are harsh. It's a doggie dog world for sure!

by Anonymousreply 1110/02/2015

It blows my mind how people don't realize that what they are hearing is "should've". As in, "should have". Writing "should of" is right up there with "supposably" as far as pet peeves.

by Anonymousreply 1210/02/2015

Suffice to say, I have a deep-seeded desire to give people who say "should of" there just desserts.

by Anonymousreply 1310/02/2015

You can't teach an old dog to fetch new sticks.

by Anonymousreply 1410/02/2015

Who could and should have wood?

Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 1510/02/2015

Alot of people spell that way. Their's nothing wrong with it.

by Anonymousreply 1610/02/2015

For all intensive purposes, this thread is close.

by Anonymousreply 1710/02/2015

This gets me so flustrated.....well, kindly flustrated.

by Anonymousreply 1810/02/2015

"Should've" is a perfectly acceptable contraction, but I've had several spellcheckers flag it. Maybe it's preferable to use it only in speaking, but not in writing.

by Anonymousreply 1910/02/2015

For all intensive purposes, could have and could of are the same.

by Anonymousreply 2010/02/2015

My car failed the emissions inspection. My mechanic says I have to get a new Cadillac converter.

by Anonymousreply 2110/02/2015

Oh FANK you OP for being such a tension whore!

by Anonymousreply 2210/03/2015

There is STILL no such words?

Really, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2310/03/2015

OP is definately in the wrong website jandra if spelling is his fortay.

by Anonymousreply 2410/03/2015

Get over it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Wednesday at 1:20 PM

I wouldn’t step foot in OP’s house. He’s probably bunkered down in their.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Wednesday at 1:28 PM

That must’ve been OP’s brain that washed up in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Wednesday at 2:31 PM

R25 is the 2015 bump troll.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Wednesday at 3:29 PM

I’ve never seen anyone write “should of” but if they say it, it’s a legitimate contraction of should have: should’ve It’s in the dictionary OP.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Wednesday at 5:56 PM

OP, the use of "should of," "could of," and "would of" bothers me, too, but I'm afraid it's too late to nip the problem in the butt.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Wednesday at 6:03 PM

You couldn’t be more wrong, R29. You’re part of the problem in not understanding that.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Wednesday at 6:14 PM

WTF? It's "Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda".

by Anonymousreply 32Last Wednesday at 6:24 PM

I taught at various community and four-year colleges for about six years, and now I work for admissions (reading essays) at a large public university, and I can tell you point blank what the problem is: these generations (anyone under 40) don't read. And because they don't read, they can't write. And even if they do read, their reading material is not up to snuff. For example, I read at least one misspelled word in the online WAPO every single day -- and I only read the first page!

I remember a student who wrote "It's a doggie dog world" in a paper, and I called him aside after class. I asked him, "What does that mean? Does that even make any sense to you?" He said, "Well, I thought, like, Snoop Doggy Dog." When I explained "it's a dog-eat-dog world" to him, he did admit that my suggestion made much more sense.

But the problem is that they NEVER see these words in print -- and that's why they spell them phonetically.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Wednesday at 6:31 PM

OP is LITERALLY losing his mind over this.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Wednesday at 6:44 PM

It’s a contraction, moron.

Should’ve

Could’ve

by Anonymousreply 35Last Wednesday at 6:46 PM

I concur, R33. I read admissions essays for a living, and I am astounded by the grammatical and spelling errors (like all of these above) and the inability of the writer to answer the essay question. 500 words and they go off on tangents which make no sense, have no relation to each other, and they sum up with a concluding statement which can turn their previous thoughts upside down.

I read a sentence of 108 words yesterday which had no punctuation, a few misspellings and changes in tense. The writer substituted "U" for "you" and "2moro" for "tomorrow". This is a university which accepts about 30% of its applicants. One of the rules of thumb: If we don't want our professors to have to deal with these kids for four years, we don't accept them.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Wednesday at 6:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!