Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is your type?

I know that when it comes to a relationship and love, some things get thrown out the window, but what in a guy physically makes you look twice. Also, what emotional or personality traits do you look for? Read a thread like this a while back, and it was nice to see that there is someone for everyone out there.

by Anonymousreply 155September 2, 2020 4:22 PM

stocky guys with ruddy complexions.

by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2015 7:40 PM

If only my generation had a Stephen Sondheim....

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2015 7:44 PM

I like handsome and not too bright. Live is so much easier when we both know who is always right. You might call that a control freak but I am cool with that. Controlling hot guys, why not : P

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2015 7:49 PM

R3, I hope your guy points out your spelling mistakes since you think you are always right.

by Anonymousreply 4October 2, 2015 7:53 PM

Dark hair, light skin, blue eyes, freckles on shoulders, small nose.

(Basically, Irish or Scottish)

by Anonymousreply 5October 2, 2015 8:10 PM

Breathing.

by Anonymousreply 6October 2, 2015 8:13 PM

According to the evidence, nerdy boys with glasses, usually tall and dark-haired. Often with protruding ears and other oddities. "Adorkable" seems to be my thing.

by Anonymousreply 7October 2, 2015 8:23 PM

Suit and tie all the way.

by Anonymousreply 8October 2, 2015 8:25 PM

Stocky brunette, smart, soft-spoken, considerate, and not full of himself.

by Anonymousreply 9October 2, 2015 8:41 PM

I like a taller man with dark hair, dark eyes, and is not too in shape. I like 'em with a little meat on his bones. I like a nice guy that is nice to others as well as me. And there is something about a guy that can own a room without saying a word. A stoic, soft spoken, hardworking man.

by Anonymousreply 10October 2, 2015 9:58 PM

R10 sounds like a frou

by Anonymousreply 11October 2, 2015 10:10 PM

White.

by Anonymousreply 12October 2, 2015 10:15 PM

R12 = Asian

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2015 10:17 PM

Shorter than me/ sense of humor and play/ dorky /nerdy /sweet

by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2015 10:57 PM

Cute Asians with great smiles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 2, 2015 11:11 PM

Bisexual. Which always ends in thears (mine).

by Anonymousreply 16October 2, 2015 11:14 PM

Physical traits: Dark hair, dark eyes, toned arms, masculine ass, beards (not hipsters ones)

Personality traits: direct (but courteous), boldness, curiosity (especially about other cultures),

by Anonymousreply 17October 2, 2015 11:28 PM

Handsome guys that are shy and a little awkward. They never knew how good looking they are.

Handsome=handsome

Every guy has something that makes him stand out to me.

by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2015 11:34 PM

Thin with dark hair. No tattoos, no piercings, probably no facial hair. Never blonds. Jewish/Irish/Italian preppy.

Ideally, they're not hairy, though that's not that important. Height is irrelevant, though ideally, I like short guys more than tall.

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2015 11:39 PM

Good sense of humor, intelligent, honest, caring with good mental health. As for physical traits - I like guys built like Tebow. That said, I am old enough to understand the first grouping is more important.

Where is he?

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2015 11:52 PM

5'8", beefy (or fit-fat), red head, green eyes, goatee, hairy chest, big dick, bottom, tattoos. Dumb is a plus. I found it once and my ex (totally different type, lol) saw us hanging out and accused me of ordering out of the catalog. The guy didn't get it.

by Anonymousreply 21October 3, 2015 2:16 AM

Variety.

by Anonymousreply 22October 3, 2015 2:20 AM

The more hair the better.

by Anonymousreply 23October 3, 2015 2:43 AM

A wallet he can fall off of and a big fat cock

by Anonymousreply 24October 3, 2015 2:48 AM

Caucasian, stocky, hairy chest, preferably bearded.

But kindness and a sense of humor go a long way, too.

(And, you know, he really doesn't have to be riding a white horse...!)

by Anonymousreply 25October 3, 2015 3:06 AM

Intelligent, kind, liberal, cultured.

Fit or fit-fat, dark eyes (the darker the brown the better), no tattoos, no piercings. Love ski-jump noses, but not necessary.

by Anonymousreply 26October 3, 2015 3:06 AM

Tall , thin, pale , dark hair dark eyes. Intelligent ,sense of humor polite big cock

by Anonymousreply 27October 3, 2015 3:24 AM

I can't believe the # of posts that mention a big cock. Of all the traits, that's what comes to mind first for half of you? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 28October 3, 2015 4:05 AM

Big Cock = Big heart.....or was that big hands?

by Anonymousreply 29October 3, 2015 5:00 AM

Tall, skinny guys with dark hair. Beyond that a nice guy, preferably with a good sense of humor. I love guys that can make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 30October 3, 2015 5:37 AM

another vote for fit/fat

by Anonymousreply 31October 3, 2015 1:33 PM

Sane. Smart. Handsome. Modest.

& and funny as hell!

by Anonymousreply 32October 3, 2015 1:38 PM

guys with full lips and pretty eyes, preferably tan or black guys.

I like guys that are docile in bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 3, 2015 1:49 PM

No blacks, red dot indians, fems

by Anonymousreply 34October 3, 2015 2:06 PM

Penised

by Anonymousreply 35October 3, 2015 2:12 PM

preferably cut, but if the rest of you is remarkable, a foreskin can be overlooked.

by Anonymousreply 36October 3, 2015 2:17 PM

Anything that's warm and secretes.

by Anonymousreply 37October 3, 2015 2:30 PM

[quote] I can't believe the # of posts that mention a big cock. Of all the traits, that's what comes to mind first for half of you? Wow.

I'm a bottom and I prefer an average/small cock, preferably uncut. One of my exes (Asian, so much for that tired stereotype) had a big, cut dick and it tore me up. My current partner is uncut and average size and it's so much more pleasurable.

But, to respond to your comment, for me at least, dick size is way down the list of important traits. As long as he has one, we can work with it.

by Anonymousreply 38October 3, 2015 2:31 PM

Are we talking about for a fuck or bf?

I don't have a type for a fuck. My bf's have to be brilliant and broadly educated and have catholic tastes. I also appreciate lovers who are cheerful especially in the morning.

Fuck buddies - I like testosteroned alpha males of any ethnicity or body type. They can even be bottoms, But they have to have wolfish energy.

by Anonymousreply 39October 3, 2015 3:04 PM

Dark skin (preferably black), tall, thin muscular build, athletic, great sense of humor, good thick dick sucking lips, smart and politically aware.

by Anonymousreply 40October 3, 2015 3:28 PM

[quote]they have to have wolfish energy.

I wouldn't know "wolfish energy" unless it caught my foot in its trap.

by Anonymousreply 41October 3, 2015 4:22 PM

White , dark hair , smart , kind funny good breath

by Anonymousreply 42October 3, 2015 5:25 PM

Dark eyes

Dark skin

Black hair

Hairy

Nice full eyebrows

by Anonymousreply 43October 4, 2015 3:42 AM

O-negative. Why?

by Anonymousreply 44October 4, 2015 4:01 AM

Handsome face and a big sturdy ass.

by Anonymousreply 45October 4, 2015 7:10 AM

You really wanna know

What I want in a guy?

Well, I'm looking for a dream on a mean machine

With hell in his eyes.

I want a devil in skin tight leather

Who's gonna be wild as the wind.

And one fine night

I'll be holding on tight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 4, 2015 7:15 AM

Less hot than me but more successful than me. Zach Quinto and Miles McMillan remind me of me (I'm the MM) and my boyfriend (he's the ZQ)

by Anonymousreply 47October 4, 2015 7:20 AM

Upper middle class demeanor. There's a nice way about that softness, which comes from affording to take the serious things lightly and the light things seriously.

Physically, I prefer thin with a full head of light hair, light eyes, and nice hands and feet. Weird, I know.

by Anonymousreply 48October 5, 2015 12:53 AM

Majority of you bitches are going to remain single for loooong time or suddenly become open minded for other types when you hit 50, which is 252 in gay years.

by Anonymousreply 49October 5, 2015 1:09 AM

Verdana, sometimes bold, sometimes italic.

by Anonymousreply 50October 5, 2015 1:18 AM

I like a broad range, but often drawn to darker men. Love a thick head of hair, especially on a guy who likes having his head rubbed. It may seem weird, but I find myself turned on by guys with smaller ears.

Slim, thick, or muscled are all good - but well-proportioned is a real turn on. I'd prefer a very skinny guy to one who's a hulk from the waist up and looks looks like a stick figure from the waist down. I see that a lot (especially in the summer) and it depresses me.

Most important is a guy's demeanor. The way he treats waiters and bus drivers and shop clerks means a lot to me. Arrogance, rudeness and gratuitous vulgarity are deal breakers. An easy smile and an effortless manner turn me on.

Oh, and a guy who can seriously deepthroat gets extra points.

by Anonymousreply 51October 5, 2015 1:35 AM

Christopher Reeves pre-pony show

Howie Long around 1998

Mitch Pileggi around 1997

I should wake up hacking like a cat.

by Anonymousreply 52October 5, 2015 1:49 AM

Like 'em straight and DRUNK

by Anonymousreply 53October 5, 2015 2:12 AM

French model and actor (The Bastard Executioner) Matthieu Charneau is my choice for physical ideal.

If he could also discuss in depth the causes of World War I, the different schools of international cinema, be familiar with the novels of James Gould Cozzens and Wallace Stegner, and be willing to jump in a car at a moment's notice to go touring the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I'd be in love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 5, 2015 2:29 AM

[quote]Majority of you bitches are going to remain single for loooong time or suddenly become open minded for other types when you hit 50, which is 252 in gay years

Very open minded here, yet still single ... By choice.

by Anonymousreply 55October 5, 2015 3:03 AM

Yellow skin and a wide ass.

by Anonymousreply 56October 5, 2015 3:06 AM

Blond and boyish with All American disposition. Neither a hetero bully nor a homo pissy queen -- but one of those nice guys who seems to have no idea just how cute they are (though of course they do).

by Anonymousreply 57October 5, 2015 3:09 AM

R49, there's your ideal type and then there's what you go back to all the time.

I'd like black Irish, but I always end up with pale Italian. The temperament is different.

by Anonymousreply 58October 5, 2015 3:11 AM

R57, my type personified. And I know him and he fits the nice kid bill too. The Perfect Boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 5, 2015 3:11 AM

O+..

by Anonymousreply 60October 5, 2015 3:15 AM

R59, that kid knows he's pretty. Calculated hair, clothes ... And knows how to work the lens.

by Anonymousreply 61October 5, 2015 3:50 AM

Yeah, the boy at r59 is hardly unassuming or unaware.

by Anonymousreply 62October 5, 2015 3:54 AM

Are there really any handsome guys that don't they are handsome?

by Anonymousreply 63October 5, 2015 4:53 AM

*don't know*

by Anonymousreply 64October 5, 2015 4:54 AM

Well hung Italians or Jews. Hairy a plus.

Thank God I live in New York.

by Anonymousreply 65October 5, 2015 5:06 AM

Don't compromise on the personality traits, but definitely go outside the usual type. I ended up meeting a big, redheaded, bearded, shy computer geek Scotsman. Not my typical physically (except for the big cock) as I usually went for the slender "pretty" blondes and brunettes. Best decision I ever made -11 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 66October 5, 2015 5:15 AM

I have a thing for the dark hair, scruffy beard,and glasses nerdy guys. Especially when they get nervous when you walk up and talk to them. When I say nerdy, I mean a smart bookworm, not plays video games all day nerds.

by Anonymousreply 67October 5, 2015 6:20 AM

R59 is officially the best looking guy I know -- and I know a LOT of pretty boy actors. Because he knows to let you supply that admiration, doesn't supply it himself. The classic "aw shucks" thing is still attractive, certainly in a guy.

Remember the old quote when a reporter asked Debra Winger if she liked Kathleen Turner and Winger said, "She doesn't NEED me to like her." That always struck a nerve when it came to physical attraction.

by Anonymousreply 68October 5, 2015 7:36 AM

Physically, Matthew Modine in Vision Quest. Big hands, big shoulders, great hair, tall.

Emotionally, of course, it's all about humour, kindness, and comparability.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 5, 2015 10:09 AM

What do you mean by comparability, r69? What should you be able to compare him to?

by Anonymousreply 70October 5, 2015 10:33 AM

I am always attracted to guys with what I call "Disney eyes." This includes guys from every race/color -- the eye shape is not as important; the prominence among the rest of their features is, however -- whose eyes express everything with intense clarity.

Post introduction, it's rare that their personalities clash so much with mine to cause a loss of interest. Common interests only carry so much value for me. Even Wonder-Twin-level compatibility will overcompensate for a lack of eyes that electrify me.

by Anonymousreply 71October 5, 2015 11:35 AM

Sorry, I meant, "will NOT overcompensate for a lack of eyes that electrify me."

by Anonymousreply 72October 5, 2015 11:38 AM

R72 is attracted to guys with thyroid conditions. Seek Germans from Iowa- lots of buggy-eyed freaks.

by Anonymousreply 73October 5, 2015 11:46 AM

I like short and hairy, but not the shaved head goatee clone monsters.

Blonde, dark, red, matters not if they have nice body hair and are nice men who are total bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 74October 5, 2015 11:49 AM

My current celebrity obsession is Jai Courtney. I love that hairy, butch hunk of man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 5, 2015 10:40 PM

two balls, a hole and a heartbeat

by Anonymousreply 76October 5, 2015 10:52 PM

My boy at R59 gives all of you, even the non-believers, an early Christmas present here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 5, 2015 11:41 PM

r77, does he really have those awful tattoos? That would be a dealbreaker for me.

by Anonymousreply 78October 6, 2015 11:52 PM

Yeah, it does suck, sorry. Deduct a few points for that, bonus points for that ass and blonde pubic hair so almost evens out.

They ALL have those goddam tattoos these days. And the same ones! Man, they're going to be sorry one day when they are faded and sagging.

by Anonymousreply 79October 7, 2015 12:06 AM

Short guys and sweet-natured prison thugs. Esp when one person embodies both.

by Anonymousreply 80October 7, 2015 12:08 AM

Someone that likes being the big spoon.

by Anonymousreply 81October 7, 2015 1:30 AM

While I'm not someone who is fixated on type, at all, Blondes always make me turn. Usually your typical Scandinavian/American looking guy, light almond shaped eyes, usually green, upturned nose, broad mouth. Medium tall, sort of lanky but not anemic looking, light tan skin. I find some redheads very hot as well and oddly enough, Filipino guys, with shiny dark eyes and smooth features.

Personality; calm. Laid back but not lazy. Not too obsessive about anything but principled. A good man.

by Anonymousreply 82October 7, 2015 1:58 AM

I like the hopeless romantic types. The ones that want more than just sex. I want someone that talks about marriage, a home, and perhaps kids. Some think it's a heteronormative way of thinking, but i think everyone can one day hope to have a spouse, and a happily ever after... hopefully with a tall, dark, and handsome bear of a man.

by Anonymousreply 83October 7, 2015 3:19 AM

I like men that are tall, I would like them to at least be able to go on a bike ride with me, and not get tired or winded after five minutes. So athletic and if he has a bit of a belly, that's fine with me. No hang ups on other physical features. Personality wise, I like someone who is openminded, is courteous to everyone,intelligent,and funny is a definite plus. Also have a soft spot for nerdy guys.

by Anonymousreply 84October 8, 2015 3:36 AM

Tall, dark, and handsome, charming with a great smile. If a guy has a nice smile, I'm gonna swoon. I love manly men. I love guys who can't help flirting and probably don't even realize they're doing it. I also love men who love Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 85April 17, 2020 1:31 AM

Not loving Jesus is a prerequisite.

by Anonymousreply 86April 17, 2020 2:04 AM

Beefy, rugged men between 40 and 60.

by Anonymousreply 87April 17, 2020 2:09 AM

Must be highly intelligent, have a great sense of humor, like to play tennis, physically fit, truthful, hair or no hair on head, I don't care. Hairy chest a plus. Nice plysique, not plump. Med to large "attribute", Financially comfortable. No illness, veneral or otherwise. Intellectually curious and interested in music and broadway plays and concerts. Drinker or smoker just fine. Not particularly religiouos but spiritual OK Thats all!

by Anonymousreply 88April 17, 2020 2:19 AM

College frat boy with dark hair.

by Anonymousreply 89April 17, 2020 2:23 AM

bonus points for the sleazy cock ring worn only on the huge cock

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 17, 2020 2:25 AM

Short (5'7" or less), stocky, beefy and solid with a big thick butt. Low body fat isn't necessary - just no huge gut or giant cankles. I could care less about the dick as long as you have one (ass is my priority). No preference on eye or hair color (or hair in general), but teeth matter. Any ethnicity welcome.

by Anonymousreply 91April 17, 2020 2:39 AM

Skinny and fem. Preferably smooth, tall is a plus but not a requirement. Nice skin, clean and well groomed, pretty face or at least gay face. Prissy queen.

Dick size over 4 inch, beyond that I dont really care. Preferably cut.

Very affectionate, needs and gives a lot of touch and cuddles.

Has a job of some sort, self sufficient, has common sense. Clean living, doesnt smoke or drink (or at least not much, doesnt do drugs. Health conscious. Religious / spiritual OK as long as they arent too OTT about it. A bit of life experience and maturity

Examples Frankie Grande

by Anonymousreply 92April 17, 2020 2:39 AM

R54 don’t miss this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 17, 2020 3:31 AM

R92 you’re attracted to Frankie Grande?

by Anonymousreply 94June 27, 2020 9:46 PM

Any ethnicity, attractive but with a nice perky ass. Yowza. Overly tweezed eyebrows and long fingernails don't make the cut.

by Anonymousreply 95June 27, 2020 10:00 PM

Pale-skinned guys with dark eyes. A nicely hairy chest. Strong thighs. Pepperoni nips.

Personality: smart, quiet, and a sense of humor. Kindness.

by Anonymousreply 96June 27, 2020 10:14 PM

Hairy body. Usually that alone is enough

by Anonymousreply 97June 27, 2020 10:19 PM

G r10 - Sounds like your trying to convince a divorce consular.

by Anonymousreply 98June 27, 2020 10:38 PM

R94 yes. I know he's not everybody's cup of tea. Thats the great thing, we is all different and we got different types

by Anonymousreply 99June 28, 2020 5:37 AM

It’s interesting that many (most?) gay men don’t care that much about height and, where a preference exists, it’s often short that’s preferred. This is unheard of among women. Height is the single most important trait by far. A dude can be hideous and jobless but if he’s 6’4 the ladies will love him. A hot 5’6 guy with a great job will still have a tough time with the ladies.

by Anonymousreply 100June 28, 2020 7:59 AM

Young dumb and full of cum

by Anonymousreply 101June 28, 2020 8:01 AM

Dark and hairy, basically the “missing link.”

by Anonymousreply 102June 28, 2020 8:40 AM

Smooth twinks

by Anonymousreply 103June 28, 2020 10:22 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 28, 2020 10:44 AM

Funny guys that can piece together a full sentence without mentioning Madonna

by Anonymousreply 105June 28, 2020 4:50 PM

Quiet and smart.

by Anonymousreply 106June 28, 2020 4:51 PM

Naturally slim, lanky guys with nice hair, beautiful faces, deep voices, no tattoos, sweet but reserved personalities.

Basically the opposite of bulky tatted body, shaved head bitchy and loud.

by Anonymousreply 107June 28, 2020 5:06 PM

I'm kind of a slut. I like so many different types of men it's not funny. Things I definitely have a thing for are tattooed thug looking Asian guys especially Filipinos, dark hair, tattooed guys of any race, beards, Well put together older men, I also have a thing for super tall guys and an air of intensity.

by Anonymousreply 108June 28, 2020 5:15 PM

Who makes me look twice? Someone who looks like Henry Golding but doesn't necessarily have to be Asian . Nice smile, dark hair but not hairy, and multi-ethnic. Age range: 30 - 40 and medium build. They get a second date if they can carry a conversation, can make me laugh and has good manners. Another type of guy who I find attractive is someone like James McAvoy because I have a thing for Scottish men.

Fortunately, this describes my current bf who is Japanese. Though he doesn't have Henry's good looks, he's amazing in bed. True, he isn't hung but I don't care.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 28, 2020 5:44 PM

Him. Handsome man-next-door Kyle Chandler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 28, 2020 5:54 PM

This link works. ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

r110

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 28, 2020 5:57 PM

phat assed white bottoms. i like when their asses jiggle when i slap them. i like when they are aggressive too. sit on my face and wiggle.

by Anonymousreply 112June 28, 2020 6:01 PM

Well groomed dark haired men with a nice closely cropped beard, & hairy chest and forearms.

Well built curly headed dirty blonds with a hairy chest.

by Anonymousreply 113June 28, 2020 6:04 PM

Rugged looking guys, who are fit. They take care of themselves...well-groomed, exercise regularly. I like a guy with a nice butt. I could care less about cock size. Just get hard. But muscular hindquarters make me weak in the knees. I like men with well trimmed beards.

Intelligent and confident. Kind to all...he treats all the same: with kindness and respect.

A great sense of humor: can laugh at himself.

by Anonymousreply 114June 28, 2020 6:23 PM

Interestingly, I have actually rarely had sex with my ideal type—handsome, hairy, bearded, tight, not overly muscular.

A few years back, I did spend the night with one who exactly fit this description and it was like fireworks

by Anonymousreply 115June 28, 2020 6:41 PM

Mediterranean. Olive to brown. Italian to Middle Eastern. Thinish.

by Anonymousreply 116June 28, 2020 7:18 PM

My ideal type for dating would be a clean-cut, slim/fit (a tight body is my biggest turn-on) NJB around my age. Must love musicals and be passionate but vanilla/safe in bed. Dick size and position are irrelevant as long as his dick gets very hard and he is willing to give and receive oral.

It doesn’t sound like it would be hard to find, but I don’t think I have ever met anyone who entirely fits that description let alone returned interest.

by Anonymousreply 117June 28, 2020 7:30 PM

Nice smile, good heart, sweet nature, ability to admit mistakes, imaginative but not necessarily intellectual, good dresser, socially presentable. Also light hair, my height, stocky, round face, bottom, uncut - European I guess.

by Anonymousreply 118June 28, 2020 7:57 PM

This thread can nauseate a bulimic! I would think I'm listening to a bunch of Beckys and Karens stating the qualities they most desire in men: "a kind heart, shy and soft-spoken, nerdy, intellectual, a guy who makes me laugh."

Unreal! Just admit you know you want the ripped abs, iron pecs, and tattooed Lous who wouldn't give you the time of day. The porn wannabes and rentmen haranguing the private parties this weekend to which you'd never warrant an invite. Or the self-adoring, malignantly narcissistic Instagram sluts who couldn't love if it came with a training manual. Or the dominant, verbally-abusive monoliths who will fuck you to high heaven and forget your name, if they ever bothered to learn it in the first place.

Just ask any truly "kind" or "sensitive" guy how far those qualities got him in any gay bar or dating app, if he was a fattie, a fug, or both. The sad reality we're arrived at today is that the nicer you are to someone, the more likely you are to get fucked, and not in the way you'd want it. For all those Tiger Beat Nellies who say they want a "guy that makes me laugh," remember there's nothing funnier than being in bed with Bozo!

Part of emotional maturity is resigning what you believe you want with what you actually want. Those without that maturity will never discern the difference. However, before you decide on any type, do verify the following and save yourself potentially copious amounts of woe: Health status. (Physical, mental, and emotional). Active employment. Level of education. Type of career. Self-supporting. Personal and professional goals and achievements. Owns own home or rents a leased apartment. (Not mama's basement boys). Credit rating. Past marriages, children, debts, child support, lawsuits, bankruptcies, etc. Criminal background. (More common than you'd care to know).

And most importantly, ask yourself this question: Is this the type of man you'd want to appoint to be your healthcare proxy?

Happy Reflections and Happy Pride.

by Anonymousreply 119June 28, 2020 8:14 PM

R119 I've never heard someone argue so passionately for the idea that everybody has the same priorities and desires. You're articulate but immature. Deeming "attractiveness" as an objective standard, and then judging it by success at gay bars? It's a limited perspective at best and full-on ignorance at worst. The advice at the end is good, but get out of your social bubble!

by Anonymousreply 120June 28, 2020 8:26 PM

Intelligent, but not a know-it-all. I find intelligence very sexy.

Monogamous. Experience has taught me that I can't deal with open relationships or cheating.

Someone who can be my best friend, as well as my lover/partner/husband.

Probably not American. I don't want to start a flame war, but in general, I prefer uncut guys, and they tend to be from other countries.

Thin/medium build. I've struggled with being overweight all of my life, and I find that being with someone who eats reasonably and exercises keeps me nearer to my goal weight.

Someone to whom I'm genuinely attracted. I've been with guys who check off all the boxes, but unless there's a real spark, it probably won't work in the long run. Conversely, I've met guys who ignited the spark in me who met none of the arbitrary criteria above, and yet we've had a great relationship. So my type is not written in stone.

by Anonymousreply 121June 28, 2020 8:33 PM

Handsome Latino dorks.

Poncho Herrera in ‘Sense 8’... perfection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 28, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote] My ideal type for dating would be a clean-cut, slim/fit (a tight body is my biggest turn-on) NJB around my age. Must love musicals and be passionate but vanilla/safe in bed. Dick size and position are irrelevant as long as his dick gets very hard and he is willing to give and receive oral. It doesn’t sound like it would be hard to find, but I don’t think I have ever met anyone who entirely fits that description let alone returned interest.

Isn't that literally every gay many in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 123June 29, 2020 12:41 PM

A friend once told me "you like 'em intellectual and scrawny." I guess that's it.

by Anonymousreply 124June 29, 2020 1:34 PM

"suburban dad" has been my type since I was a young teen obsessed with Major Nelson, Larry Tate, Buck Rogers and Porter Ricks

by Anonymousreply 125June 29, 2020 1:42 PM

R123, you would think that, wouldn’t you?! But it’s shocking how rarely those qualities intersect among NYC gays. I do know *of* guys that have all those qualities but haven’t actually met them. Off the top of my head, only two guys I know come close- one is technically not Jewish (his father is Jewish; his mom is not) and not really clean-cut; the other is quite a bit younger than me and almost definitely not interested.

by Anonymousreply 126June 29, 2020 3:56 PM

Big and hairy and bearded.

by Anonymousreply 127June 29, 2020 4:35 PM

I like big dicks and fried chicken

by Anonymousreply 128June 29, 2020 8:31 PM

Tall (at least 6’3”) with lean muscles

Light eyes (blue or green)

Medium length blond hair

Surfer attitude with a good job

by Anonymousreply 129June 30, 2020 11:05 AM

Bears. Always has been.

by Anonymousreply 130June 30, 2020 12:06 PM

First BF: Israeli. Hairy. Dark hair, green eyes. Soldier. Hot Bottom. Second BF: Calif. boy. Blonde hair on head, arms and legs. Bottom for me. #bestsexever. Third BF: Skinny/swimmer build. Nerdy/sexy East Coast boy. Funny. Dark hair, green eyes. Bottom for me.

Guess I don't have a type.

by Anonymousreply 131June 30, 2020 12:16 PM

I like SLIM guys with NATURAL bodies, NOT muscular,no TATTOOS, no PIERCINGS, no RINGS, no SHAVED PUBIC HAIR.

by Anonymousreply 132June 30, 2020 12:29 PM

I am a sucker for brown eyes and.. don’t know any other way to say it... a kind face.

by Anonymousreply 133June 30, 2020 12:30 PM

R133-It's funny you say a KIND face. There's a guy who works at my Trader Joe's who I've seen for years. I'm attracte to him. One of the things that I find attractive about him he has a look of sincerity on his face.

by Anonymousreply 134June 30, 2020 12:33 PM

R134... my current crush is Dr. James Phillips on CNN. Exactly that face...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 30, 2020 12:37 PM

Daddies.

by Anonymousreply 136June 30, 2020 1:10 PM

Dear R119: You must be a real hit at parties. Do you cast a pall everywhere you go? Are you a divorce lawyer, per chance?

Leaving all your considerations aside, what is your type?

by Anonymousreply 137June 30, 2020 1:19 PM

I just want a handsome, muscular total top who will be faithful to me, and in return I'll give him everything.

by Anonymousreply 138August 15, 2020 11:54 PM

The most beautiful man on my TV when I was a young gay boy was Gardner McKay from Adventures in Paradise. Even at age 7 I wanted him. He was sooooo gorgeous. Definitely my type . . . not that I'd ever have a chance in hell to hook up with him or someone who looks like him. He was discovered by the "totally straight" Nick Dunne who spotted him in LA and cast him in AIP. Dunne said he made sure that McKay took his shirt off at least once an episode. But then he walked away from Hollywood and became an artist, playwright, and yachtsman. Oh Gardner!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 19, 2020 5:33 AM

Aquarius, Gemini or Sagittarius

-Libra

by Anonymousreply 140August 19, 2020 5:49 AM

K-pop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 19, 2020 6:53 AM

Dark hair. Twenties or thirties. Slender verging on muscular, but not overly muscular. Garrett Neff, Julian Morris, Max Emerson, and Topher Grace are very much "my type." But so are Ben Whishaw, an ice dancer named Anthony S. Currie, and Mark Grossman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142August 19, 2020 3:29 PM

Incredibly wealthy with no family and well over the average life expectancy in the US.

by Anonymousreply 143August 19, 2020 3:37 PM

Two words. Brick. Shithouse.

by Anonymousreply 144August 19, 2020 3:48 PM

A slim ( NOT muscular or fat) good looking guy with a natural body ( no tattoos, no piercings, no rings and no shaved pubic hair).

by Anonymousreply 145September 1, 2020 4:16 AM

Yes he’s legal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146September 1, 2020 5:12 AM

All American, white skin, light brown hair, blue eyes, full lips, real swimmers body on someone who actually swims, 5'11+, big cock, tight ass with some muscle & Jewish preferably.

by Anonymousreply 147September 1, 2020 5:42 AM

My cat.

by Anonymousreply 148September 1, 2020 5:56 AM

R147 you did a better job of describing my dream man than I could (though I don’t care as much about height and cock size)!

by Anonymousreply 149September 1, 2020 6:05 AM

Red head, fitfat bottom, uncut.

by Anonymousreply 150September 1, 2020 6:23 AM

[quote] Handsome guys that are shy and a little awkward. They never knew how good looking they are.

Sounds like male equivalent of Hooker with a Heart of Gold.

by Anonymousreply 151September 1, 2020 5:48 PM

He is presenting not just ass, but hole... next to his famous porn star twin who is promoting the pic on his hardcore porn twitter page and suggesting that maybe they will do a scene together. How dare you sexualize that, perv?

by Anonymousreply 152September 1, 2020 7:42 PM

R152 wrong thread obvi

by Anonymousreply 153September 1, 2020 7:43 PM

Maybe pre social media and online dating there really was that elusive dorky hot guy who didn't know how hot he was. Maybe he'd hide in the corner in a bar or not go out, but you would just happen to bump into him and life was good. The amount of attention whoring even by uglies is over the top. I was going to accuse young millennials and gen z, but quarantine has shown us 50 y/o old men in hot pants doing cheerleading routines. So anyway, video killed the radio star.

by Anonymousreply 154September 2, 2020 2:15 AM

$$$$$ 🤑🤑🤑

by Anonymousreply 155September 2, 2020 4:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!