Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mundane matters which are worth a lot of discussion

Wintertime is coming and there are cracks beneath my window where cold air comes in. It makes my room cold.

by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2020 4:36 PM

Silicone caulk, Jethro, silicone caulk.

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2015 5:48 PM

Uh, you might want to call a contractor or move. "Cracks that let air in from outside" are not necessarily mundane.

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2015 5:48 PM

My hands are beginning to look like those of Madonna and I'm only 48. No blind young gayling will ever confuse me as 20 years younger.

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2015 5:53 PM

I like filing my toenails.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2015 5:54 PM

I need to get that tooth repaired.

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2015 6:03 PM

I'm buying a winter parka this week. Either Cintamani or Penfield.

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2015 6:07 PM

I self cured a plantar wart in 1 month.

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2015 6:09 PM

I have a dozen boxes that I haven't unpacked in three years. I have no idea what's in them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2015 6:17 PM

My mail is delivered around 2:30pm every day.

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2015 6:51 PM

My mail is delivered quite late as well. But what really gets me is that the mailman does not wear a uniform. I know he is not required to in this area, but I cannot get used to it. I feel disturbed whenever I see what appears to be a street-clothed civilian digging through my mailbox. Yes, I know it's his job but my gut still screams "Thief! Criminal!" even after living here one year.

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2015 7:20 PM

My mail is usually delivered by 10:00am. Earliest I've ever got my mail. I kinda like it

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2015 7:23 PM

[quote]Mundane matters which are worth a lot of discussion

How about the improper use of "which" in restrictive clauses, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2015 7:34 PM

I like carrots.

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2015 8:11 PM

I love to shit n piss.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2015 10:13 PM

I'm getting ready to plant tulip bulbs in my planter boxes. I'm wondering what I can use to keep the squirrels and chipmunks from digging them up.....chicken wire?

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2015 10:23 PM

Chicken wire or have dware cloth R15. Make sure you tack it down with some screws or the little devils will yank them straight out.

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2015 11:55 PM

Sorry, that's hardware cloth.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2015 11:56 PM

My engagement

by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2015 3:16 AM

I got a massive infestation of tiny white larvae and small moths all summer. Turned out they punctured opened box of bagged quinoa flakes. So I had to clean all the cupboards and just last week.i found a Web of larvae had dome how infiltrated sealed plastic container of cereal. Out that went. Cleaned kitchen walls and ceilings thoroughly.

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2015 3:26 AM

I plucked a long, dark hair out of my chin and another from the side of my nose. It was strangely satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2015 3:42 AM

Try keeping your cereals, rice, and other dry goods in tightly sealed plastic containers R 19.

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2015 3:44 AM

That can give you mold, OP. You gotta get it fixed ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2020 4:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!