Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

E-mail: Hillary Clinton Lashed Out at Staff over Gay-Friendly Passports

In September 2015, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton styles herself as a staunch defender of gay rights — particularly gay parental rights. “I’m proud of you!” she told a gay man last April, after he explained how he and his partner had adopted a little girl together.

But four years ago, Clinton was singing a very different tune. An e-mail included in the latest tranche of Clinton documents released by the State Department on Wednesday shows the then-secretary of state exploding at her staff over plans to replace “Mother” and “Father” with “Parent One” and “Parent Two” on passport application forms, complaining about the decision and refusing to defend it in the face of partisan opposition.

Clinton learned about the change through a January 7, 2011 article in The Washington Post. But the policy shift was first announced in a December 2010 press release from the State Department. “These improvements are being made to provide a gender-neutral description of a child’s parents and in recognition of different types of families,” the statement read. The next day, Clinton sent an early-morning e-mail excoriating top aides Cheryl Mills and Jake Sullivan for the secretive policy shift. “I’m not defending that decision, which I disagree w and knew nothing about, in front of this Congress,” she wrote. “I could live w letting people in nontraditional families choose another descriptor so long as we retained the presumption of mother and father. We need to address this today or we will be facing a huge Fox-generated media storm led by [Sarah] Palin et al.”

Mills quickly responded, promising she would be “reaching out to folks to find out” who made the decision to axe “Mother” and “Father.” Within days, the new, gender-neutral language had been dropped from all U.S. passport applications.

Like President Obama, Clinton claims her position on gay rights has evolved over the years. She was steadfastly opposed to same-sex marriage from her time as First Lady until 2013, when she shifted her views along with a majority of the country. She celebrated the June 2015 Supreme Court decision to legalize same-sex marriage nationwide, and chided Republican opponents of the ruling.

(See the e-mail below.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203September 14, 2020 3:34 AM

Never trust a Clinton when it comes to gay rights

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2015 9:25 AM

Never trust a Republican when it comes to gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2015 9:32 AM

Fuck her to hell and back. Opportunistic bigot.

Clinton represents the US oligarchy.

She certainly doesn't represent the American people, nor has she any intention of doing so.

She's better than the Republicunts but she remains a symptom of how rotten and and corrupt and undemocratic our system is.

In the presidential elections I will be voting for whatever candidate supports a radical overhaul of our undemocratic electoral system - therefore it won't be a Republican or a Clinton

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2015 9:38 AM

“I could live w letting people in nontraditional families choose another descriptor..."

She's so generous and giving.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2015 9:56 AM

She represents the mindset of the mainstream Democratic Party today. Their politics is what used to be described of as "moderate Republicanism" and it's a symptom of how the whole political spectrum has shifted to the right since the '70s. Of course she's socially conservative and has been anti-gay rights for most of her political career. Her instincts and principles are not socially driven.

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2015 9:57 AM

I have no problem with her memo. She is playing politics correctly. Also, the shitty verbiage and odd new vocabulary required for political correctness is revolting.

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2015 9:58 AM

Quick ,Hills! Do another photo-op with some rich gay men and their children with you saying how "proud" you are! We eat that shit up and call it manna!!!

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2015 10:07 AM

[quote]Never trust a Clinton when it comes to gay rights

Well said. There is no there there.

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2015 10:27 AM

Well there's here, here! The LGBT will love my Supreme Court noms.

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2015 10:54 AM

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2015 10:56 AM

She was only saying what Julie told her to say.

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2015 10:59 AM

I don't have a problem with the politics of this -- she's right, Fox News would have turned it into some major "gay agenda" thing for the mouthbreathers to panic about.

My problem is with her being against gay marriage for so long, and only changing when it was politically expedient to do so, then all those tweets where she was "so happy" that gay marriage was legalized nationwide.

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2015 11:00 AM

And Obama said "God needs to be in the mix" when explaining why he was opposed to gay marriage. And he had ex-gay Donnie McClurkin perform at fundraisers. I didn't trust him on gay rights, and I was wrong, he did what he could. It's the same case here, grow up.

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2015 11:32 AM

R12 nailed it. You can close the thread, Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2015 11:36 AM

[quote]I could live w letting people in nontraditional families choose another descriptor so long as we retained the presumption of mother and father.

She "could live with"?? Wow. Duplicity at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2015 11:49 AM

Most of America was aganst gay marriage no, now not so much. So why be angry that someone has reconsidered?

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2015 11:58 AM

It's not a matter of reconsidering, she was never really opposed to gay marriage, it was all political strategy. Which is fine with me, Obama pandered to religious conservatives (got uproarious applause for the "in the mix" comment at Rick Warren's church) to get elected. He played it cool to get into a position of power and then do the right thing. They have to get elected first, maybe Hillary can be overly cautious, but that's all she's being. All that matters to me is what they do in office.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2015 12:05 PM

I was wrong, we shouldn't close the thread, because R17 nailed it, too! Seriously, R12 and R17, can you two please contribute to every political thread on DL? You're both obviously smart and, most importantly, pragmatic. If you ever REALLY believed that Hillary and Obama were ever against marriage equality, you weren't paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2015 12:20 PM

Go ahead and make excuses for that miserable Cunt

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2015 12:28 PM

It's obvious that the reason Hillary has been forced to reveal her emails is so Republicans can pore over them and look for scandal fodder. This what was done with Bill Clinton, when a special prosecutor was given the freedom to peer into every aspect of his private life.

No one really cares about which server she used, and none of this would be happening if she wasn't running for president.

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2015 12:36 PM

Never trust a rapist or a closet lesbian to do the right thing for gay Americans.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2015 12:39 PM

NEVER FORGET.

GO BERNIE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2015 12:56 PM

Never forget? People change. Hillary will do more for gay rights than any of the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2015 1:00 PM

LOL, you only have two parties in USA. I truly feel bad for you guys. In my country there's currently 8 political parties in the parliament. We recently had a local election, for municipalities and counties. My city council ended up with representatives from 10 (!) parties. 7 of them are working together now to have a majority, and to squeeze out the right wing parties. I'm happy with that obviously, as I vote for the Labour Party.

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2015 1:03 PM

I won't vote for her. She's a Republican in every way that matters. And a militaristic hawk. I'm voting for Sanders or Biden.

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2015 1:17 PM

[quote]Never forget? People change. Hillary will do more for gay rights than any of the Republicans.

But she never did a single thing for gay rights until it was perfectly clear that a substantial portion of the American public had changed ahead of her. Same with Obama. The people who have "done things" for gay rights were the gay activists and all those gay people who made major sacrifices in order to advance the rights of gay people everywhere (activism, but also everyone who came out to friends and family over decades, thus broadening the amount of people throughout the country who knew, loved and cared for a gay person. That's how things changed to the point where the American public were far more gay friendly and sympathetic to our cause than apparently Clinton and Obama were.

It's such a strange thing after we can clearly see the social and cultural changes made by ordinary gay people and activists over half a century, resulting in the relative equality we all now enjoy; to then have certain people THANKING (the previously anti-gay rights politicians) for finally coming round to our cause once it was apparent that they had very little choice in the matter. Fuck Hillary and all politicians with their sudden gay concern, after the fact.

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2015 1:17 PM

R23, no. She'll do what's best for her. We have another option in Sanders. Stop letting the media think for you.

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2015 1:18 PM

HRC '16: No Principles, Only Political Calculations

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2015 1:23 PM

Bhengazi!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2015 1:24 PM

I'm really tired of the apologists. I'm sick and tired of the dem party moving further and further to the right.

by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2015 1:31 PM

The argument you often see that goes along the lines of "She may not be perfect (understatement) and she may not really give a fuck about us, and she may be in the pockets of the corporations and conglomerates who fuck all of us over.... BUT AT LEAST SHE'S NOT A RETHUGLICAN!" is like saying "This person may not actually like or care about us in principle and will sell us all out to big business, but at least she doesn't RABIDLY and vocally (in public) dislike us and RABIDLY and vocally (in public) place corporate interests above those of ordinary people!"

It's such an odd conceit.

by Anonymousreply 31October 1, 2015 1:56 PM

I have no intention whatsoever for voting GOP in November next year so really, what does it matter?

by Anonymousreply 32October 1, 2015 2:09 PM

I'm gonna lash and slash, crash and mash!

by Anonymousreply 33October 1, 2015 2:11 PM

[quote]it was all political strategy

I'd agree, R17, except for that bit in this private email that said "I could live w letting people in nontraditional families choose another descriptor so long as we retained the presumption of mother and father." Maybe it was politics, maybe not. It sounds a little more personal than that.

by Anonymousreply 34October 1, 2015 2:14 PM

Two words, R31: Supreme Court.

It matters. You may not think it does, but it does.

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2015 2:14 PM

More concern trolling. Jesus. Hillary really threatens some people, doesn't she? They can't even stand the thought of a woman in the White House.

All the more reason she should be President. To just say "fuck you" to those misogynist sexist morons.

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2015 2:17 PM

She's more worried about the 'FOX media storm' than actually giving rights to people.

She's extremely superficial.

by Anonymousreply 37October 1, 2015 2:18 PM

No, R37. Just... no.

by Anonymousreply 38October 1, 2015 2:24 PM

Yes, R38, yes

"We need to address this today or we will be facing a huge Fox-generated media storm led Palin et al"

by Anonymousreply 39October 1, 2015 2:30 PM

R39 has trouble solving the word puzzles on the backs of cereal boxes.

by Anonymousreply 40October 1, 2015 2:35 PM

"Anyone who criticizes Hillary is a MISOGYNIST! Anyone who criticizes Hillary is a FREEPER!"

But she was clearly against gay rights. Given your extremely basic attitudes, doesn't that make her a homophobe???

"Err.... hold on a minute.... um.... NO! YOU'RE A MISOGYNIST FREEPER RETHUGLICAN for saying that!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2015 2:41 PM

No, R41. Just... no.

by Anonymousreply 42October 1, 2015 2:42 PM

My take on Hillary: She is ambitious conarist who will say anything convenient, just like her husband, but lacking the skill, whom I don't like, but will vote for nonetheless because even a greasy piece of dog shit is smarter and better than a Republican

by Anonymousreply 43October 1, 2015 3:09 PM

I never understand how people like r26 continue to say that Obama was behind the American people on gay issues and waited until Americans were for gay marriage to come out for it. Do these people occupy an alternative reality? Gay marriage had been shot down each and every time it was placed on the ballot, shot down over 30 times with zero wins for gay marriage. When Obama came out for gay marriage suddenly months later Maine, Maryland, and Washington became the first states to legalize gay marriage by popular vote due to Obama voters. Keep in mind that Maine banned gay marriage just 3 years prior to this. Also there were very real fears that Obama was going to lose the election because he publicly supported gay marriage. Therefore, this idea that Obama waited for the tide to turn before coming out for gay marriage/gay rights is nothing but delusion and wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 44October 1, 2015 3:10 PM

[quote]It's not a matter of reconsidering, she was never really opposed to gay marriage, it was all political strategy.

Was it always part of the strategy when she was yelling at her staff about gay-inclusive passports being printed?

by Anonymousreply 45October 1, 2015 3:41 PM

Hillary the Loser.

I'm excited about that!

by Anonymousreply 46October 1, 2015 3:46 PM

I don't care what supposedly happened five years ago. Hillary supports full gay rights and said publicly that all her policies will show that.

NOT A SINGLE Republican candidate has said anything even close to supporting gay rights. In fact ALL want to end gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 47October 1, 2015 4:56 PM

[quote]It's obvious that the reason Hillary has been forced to reveal her emails is so Republicans can pore over them and look for scandal fodder.

Bingo!

by Anonymousreply 48October 1, 2015 6:03 PM

[quote] We need to address this today or we will be facing a huge Fox-generated media storm led by [Sarah] Palin et al.”

Hillary Clinton hasn't survived and triumphed over 25 years of the Rethuglican attack machine without political savvy. I don't give a fuck about anyone's delicate sensibilities, she's right - as usual.

The OP is probably Rethuglican Clooney Loon, DUMBvida Saggytits. She's constantly posting anti-Hillary bullshit and "concern" trolling. Moron. If it's not her, maybe it's one of the Occupy Datalounge pests. When will they go back to Wall St?

by Anonymousreply 49October 1, 2015 6:14 PM

And YOU'RE constantly accusing people of being D*vida, R49, which isn't any better.

by Anonymousreply 50October 1, 2015 6:19 PM

But.. but... HILLARY!

by Anonymousreply 51October 1, 2015 6:19 PM

Hillary Clinton hasn't survived and triumphed over 25 years of the Rethuglican attack machine with political savvy. She did it with nepotism, and a media that shares this same value.

by Anonymousreply 52October 1, 2015 7:31 PM

R52, as if the Rethuglican attack machine has been a delicate flower so she can be kind and loving while working against it.

The fact that she's done it at all and will continue to as President tells me SHE's an Iron Lady.

by Anonymousreply 53October 1, 2015 7:38 PM

I don't see any Republicans saying they will overturn gay marriage if elected. I know Trump has said it's settled law.

by Anonymousreply 54October 1, 2015 7:41 PM

"This ruling is not about marriage equality, it's about marriage redefinition," declared former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, a former Baptist pastor and fan favorite among Christian conservatives. "This irrational, unconstitutional rejection of the expressed will of the people in over 30 states will prove to be one of the court's most disastrous decisions, and they have had many. The only outcome worse than this flawed, failed decision would be for the President and Congress, two co-equal branches of government, to surrender in the face of this out-of-control act of unconstitutional, judicial tyranny."

"The Supreme Court can no more repeal the laws of nature and nature's God on marriage than it can the law of gravity," he added.

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, another stalwart of the religious right, added his reaction on Twitter:

Today, 5 unelected judges redefined the foundational unit of society. Now it is the people's turn to speak #Marriage

— Rick Santorum (@RickSantorum) June 26, 2015 Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal expressed his dismay at the ruling and warned of more cultural battles to come, predicting that religious freedom of same-sex marriage opponents will come under attack.

"Marriage between a man and a woman was established by God, and no earthly court can alter that," he said. "This decision will pave the way for an all out assault against the religious freedom rights of Christians who disagree with this decision. This ruling must not be used as pretext by Washington to erode our right to religious liberty."

by Anonymousreply 55October 1, 2015 7:58 PM

“I’m not defending that decision, which I disagree w and knew nothing about, in front of this Congress,” she wrote. “I could live w letting people in nontraditional families choose another descriptor so long as we retained the presumption of mother and father. We need to address this today or we will be facing a huge Fox-generated media storm led by [Sarah] Palin et al.”

She's absolutely right.

by Anonymousreply 56October 1, 2015 7:58 PM

Excellent point r54, and who cares who will be making Supreme Court nominations. Appointed for life, pffft, big deal.

by Anonymousreply 57October 1, 2015 7:59 PM

When Mike Huckabee is long dead and gone, the Supreme Court decision will still stand.

by Anonymousreply 58October 1, 2015 7:59 PM

I've noticed that the people who go on and on in every single political thread about Supreme Court nominations are exceedingly pro Hillary and bash the other democratic nominees by talking about them being too old, unable to win and their supporters being all white. They seem to be suffering from extreme denial regarding the chances of a scandal-plagued nominee winning a third term for the democrats. Anyway folks this isn't about the Supreme Court or anybody being too old, it is about identity politics and these Hillary fans are willing to drive your party over the cliff and collect a big L for the democrats in search of increased self-esteem and self-worth.

by Anonymousreply 59October 1, 2015 8:30 PM

R1 & R2, Never trust a Clinton or a Republican when it comes to gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 60October 1, 2015 8:30 PM

" We need to address this today or we will be facing a huge Fox-generated media storm led by [Sarah] Palin et al.”

This is just embarrassingly sad. Tough impervious battle-hardened Hillary trembling with her tail between her legs at the thought of scorn from Sarah Palin.

And Hillbots think granny can stand up to ISIS and Putin ?

by Anonymousreply 61October 1, 2015 8:56 PM

R61, I couldn't have said it any better. Your words are perfection!

by Anonymousreply 62October 1, 2015 9:10 PM

She's a politician and she thought about how something would look. That's HER JOB. Obama does that. Biden does that. They all do AND THAT'S OK. Social movement leaders do that too!

Obama was for Same Sex Marriage in 1996 then back-tracked for SIXTEEN YEARS -denying he had ever supported it-when he was trying for offices in larger constituencies that were less liberal than Hyde Park. He waited until it was popular enough at a national level for him to embrace. That doesn't mean he's The Enemy of The Gays or especially opportunistic. He did things a GOP president would not do in the same climate. Biden was against SSM in 2008 too. He was actually very late among Democrats senators to sign on to ENDA. And he was a pro-lifer for a big chunk of his career too. That doesn't mean he would be bad on these issues today.

Stop trying to turn everyone into a hero or a villain in such a simple-minded way aleady.

by Anonymousreply 63October 1, 2015 9:23 PM

I honestly would not vote for her. The fact that she waited until just 2013 to finally "evolve" shows what an asshole she is. Hope she never becomes president.

by Anonymousreply 64October 1, 2015 9:25 PM

Man, the Log Cabinettes are OUT IN FORCE on this thread!

Get this through your pea-sized brains: 9 out of 10 DLers will NOT vote Republican.

So in future, if you must tear down HRC, tell us who YOU will be supporting.

by Anonymousreply 65October 1, 2015 9:29 PM

she can suck it.

by Anonymousreply 66October 1, 2015 9:33 PM

I'm amazed that idiots like R65 STILL won't open their eyes and realize Hillary is not the friend of gays they think she is. Even with emails making it clear they are still in denial.

by Anonymousreply 67October 1, 2015 9:35 PM

Bernie Sanders is going to be elected President of the United States. lmao.

by Anonymousreply 68October 1, 2015 10:30 PM

I'm still haven't recovered from her calling me "that little queen."

by Anonymousreply 69October 1, 2015 10:45 PM

People act as if gay rights are a reason to vote Democrat rather than Republican.

But gay rights are like abortion rights and immigration - convenient wedge issues to trick Americans into thinking voting is in any way relevant.

Voting is utterly irrelevant while corporations control the country and while government is solely owned and controlled by the megawealthy.

Which candidate is going to properly address corporate welfare.

(Clue - none of them).

Sanders is the only candidate worth voting for, but until we have revolution to reform Congress and Senate, even if he wins it doesn't matter as they are entirely owned by the corporations and the megarich.

by Anonymousreply 70October 1, 2015 10:55 PM

Tempers flare during menopause.

by Anonymousreply 71October 1, 2015 11:22 PM

She's a poll-driven weathervane.

by Anonymousreply 72October 2, 2015 12:49 AM

R25 and R54 are dead right. No, she's not perfect. Yes, she is a calculating politician. But, so what? I love Bernie Sanders, but he would be eaten alive as POTUS and his socialist agenda would never get past Congress. Hillary will know how to get things done and, most importantly, she will appoint progressive SCOTUS nominees. Outside of not starting a war, the area where a POTUS can truly have the longest lasting impact on our country is through those appointments. I'm praying for a Dem POTUS in 2016 and the sudden deaths of Scalia, Thomas and Alito and the retirement of Ginsburg and Kennedy during her first term.

by Anonymousreply 73October 2, 2015 12:59 AM

That Hillary Bitch sucks!

by Anonymousreply 74October 2, 2015 11:50 AM

[quote]she will appoint progressive SCOTUS nominees.

I don't know. I like Hillary Clinton a lot, but I remember reading somewhere she is calculating politician. I'd worry your version of progressive and her version of progressive might be quite far apart.

by Anonymousreply 75October 2, 2015 12:27 PM

The radicals on both sides of the spectrum are so irritating! The far left don't see that they're just as bad as the far right. Sure, they have opposing ideologies, but they're both stubborn as fuck. Their candidates have to be very liberal or very conservative, respectively, no middle ground.

by Anonymousreply 76October 2, 2015 12:39 PM

Would people here really prefer a Republican in the White House over Hillary? Or do they actually think there isn't a difference?

by Anonymousreply 77October 2, 2015 12:57 PM

Most of you are so ignorant about how politics works, I'd bet you were all teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 78October 2, 2015 1:20 PM

Bill Burr pretty much saying exactly what's in my head when I hear "Hillary Clinton" and US politics:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 2, 2015 1:28 PM

Reading any of the politics threads on here and particularly those relating to Hillary Clinton, you get the distinct impression that if she was filmed murdering a black baby with a machete while maniacally screeching "The only thing worse than gays are poor people!!!" and her supporters here would still say "Well, at least she's not Donald Trump!" and anyone who objected to her actions would immediately be deemed a Freeper or a Communist (ie. a Sanders supporter).

"Yes, she's uncomfortable about gay rights, but she's just waiting until all the hard work is done on the ground by activists and gay people changing society by coming out to friends and family etc. Once society is largely sympathetic to gay rights, then she can come on board! THIS IS HOW POLITICS WORKS!!!"

by Anonymousreply 80October 2, 2015 1:35 PM

R80 I just do not get it. I don't not fucking understand what's going on. The Democrats are listing, half invested in any kind of outreach to Americans. They have crazy eyes Hillary who might be in prison by next year, refusing to talk to anyone, even as she's supposedly campaigning. They have Biden kinda-sorta-maybe committing a little between running, in between his speeches which are like rants between bourbons at a bar. They have Sanders trying to speak and cut-off by BLM activists so unlikable, Republicans couldn't dream up better saboteurs and they're holding secret meetings with Hillary behind closed doors.

Yet, it's Trump who gets made fun of. I don't get it. At least he speaks. Maybe some of the things coming out of his mouth are asinine but he gives American voters enough respect to speak freely with them on a regular basis. Hillary is defended -- on here and on numerous "news' stations and outlets -- and Trump is rabidly attacked. And he expects it and takes it. He's the only one, the ONLY one, self-funded.

by Anonymousreply 81October 2, 2015 1:41 PM

r81 I don't think anyone doubts that Trump would be a complete disaster for the U.S. If he got anywhere near the Presidency it would be an embarrassment. The point is, if the choice -- as many people seem to think - is between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, that in itself is extremely depressing.

by Anonymousreply 82October 2, 2015 1:48 PM

Hillarys only talent is licking gash, not politics.

by Anonymousreply 83October 2, 2015 1:50 PM

R78 = DL's very own rocket scientist. Aren't we all blessed?

by Anonymousreply 84October 2, 2015 2:26 PM

[R59] WTH you are talking about ? Hillary is a lesbo?? WTF??

by Anonymousreply 85October 2, 2015 2:46 PM

The crowd that screams "Drop the T" is going to feign outrage over this. lol

by Anonymousreply 86October 2, 2015 3:24 PM

[quote]Sanders is the only candidate worth voting for, but until we have revolution to reform Congress and Senate, even if he wins it doesn't matter as they are entirely owned by the corporations and the megarich.

Take a seat and find a new meme, Pollyanna.

by Anonymousreply 87October 2, 2015 3:26 PM

[quote]She's a poll-driven weathervane

bingo!

by Anonymousreply 88October 2, 2015 3:30 PM

[quote]She's a poll-driven weathervane

That's what politicians do to be elected. Spin whichever way the voter wind is blowing.

by Anonymousreply 89October 2, 2015 3:39 PM

[quote]That's what politicians do to be elected. Spin whichever way the voter wind is blowing.

Or they could stick to their principles and convince the electorate with their honesty and conviction.

If the politician in question is lying and pretending to not be sympathetic to gay rights in order to dupe the homophobic electorate into voting for them, that's one form of duplicity. If the politician in question is really not sympathetic to gay rights but now pretends to be because public opinion has moved on ahead of them, then that's another form of duplicity. Either way, it's an extremely cynical view of politics, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 90October 2, 2015 3:58 PM

They should add Parents 3, 4 and 5 for the sister-wives.

by Anonymousreply 91October 2, 2015 4:27 PM

[quote]Or they could stick to their principles and convince the electorate with their honesty and conviction.

They wouldn't be in politics if they had either.

by Anonymousreply 92October 2, 2015 4:31 PM

Does anyone really support democracy? I don't. I don't think it works.

I'd rather have a competent liberal-leaning dictator than a corrupt fake democracy.

I wish Obama would seize power and declare himself dictator. The US won't ever do better than him.

by Anonymousreply 93October 2, 2015 4:43 PM

[quote]Or they could stick to their principles and convince the electorate with their honesty and conviction.

I guess you hated Obama then.

by Anonymousreply 94October 2, 2015 5:30 PM

[quote]Most of you are so ignorant about how politics works, I'd bet you were all teenagers.

I'd bet a thousand dollars that Hillary and Huma Abedin are lovers and that Hillary's problem with defending gay civil rights is that she has a phony marriage and a closet to maintain.

Fuck Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 95October 2, 2015 6:30 PM

Blah blah blah HILLARY! blah blah SCANDAL! blahblahblah blahblah CLINTONS! blahblahblah NO DIFFERENCE! blah blah blah blah blah LOSE THE ELECTION! blahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah.

Those poor Rethuglican trolls are trying soooo hard, we should give them a cookie.

There is no scandal, just mountains out of molehills and lies from people of limited intelligence and obvious bias. Hillary Clinton has been under a right-wing microscope for 25 years. They never find anything, she brushes them off and moves on. People who actually believe that there are scandals around Hillary are under the influence of Fixed News hysteria and lies or even worse right-wing propaganda mongers.

There are differences between the two parties on some major issues. Hillary Clinton will beat whomever the Rethuglicans nominate. She will appoint Supreme Court justices who are at least moderate and that will be enough to swing the Court away from this Scalia/Roberts/Alito/Thomas bullshit. That is what will make the difference in Gay rights, gun control, money in politics, health care, education and much more. The right-wing extremists are always dragging things into court, trying to get to the Supremes for attention and the chance that they can get Scalia or one of the other bad conservative justices to back them. Hillary's appointments will make that option so much less successful and attractive.

She had exactly the right reaction to this passport thing. The fact that stupid people would try to use it against her just makes me liker her more.

by Anonymousreply 96October 2, 2015 6:39 PM

The funny part is Sarah Palin vetoed anti-gay legislation because she thought it was unconstitutional.

by Anonymousreply 97October 2, 2015 6:53 PM

R70 is straight and has never had his life impacted one way or another by a piece of gay rights legislation.

by Anonymousreply 98October 2, 2015 8:42 PM

Why are so many of you cunts pushing this Hillary vs Repiblican contest right now? Her most immediate competitors are other Democratic pre-candidates.

by Anonymousreply 99October 2, 2015 8:56 PM

[quote]I have no problem with her memo. She is playing politics correctly.

Yet, if anyone besides a democrat did what she did you'd be crying discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 100October 2, 2015 9:01 PM

[quote]Yet, if anyone besides a democrat did what she did you'd be crying discrimination.

Sure, because we'd know what the agenda would be.

by Anonymousreply 101October 2, 2015 11:24 PM

[quote]Her most immediate competitors are other Democratic pre-candidates.

Like?

by Anonymousreply 102October 2, 2015 11:24 PM

Leave HRC and who is or isn't a Freeper aside for a minute. People need to grow up about politics. It's not the search for the great hero/heroine who is going to save us. Politicians do what they do. Some can do a lot of good. Some can prevent some bad. You find the ones who are closer to your side of things who can win and support them and push them. If they are in it for the adulation or the lols or whatever, I don't care, The idea that they are doing everything out of selflessness is unrealistic. This is their JOB.

Are you so honest to complete strangers? To people at your workplace? Do you think about how what you might say would be perceived by someone before you say it? Yet you want a politician to be a saintly character who somehow manages to make it through the snake pit. Think about that for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 103October 3, 2015 12:03 AM

Several hours ago Obama slapped Hillary down for this sort of gamesmanship. I'm taking this knifing as confirmation Biden will announce in the next week or so:

President Obama declined to criticize Hillary Clinton after his former secretary of state broke with his policy on Syria, even as he sharply criticized Republicans who have taken up similar ideas.

At a press conference Friday afternoon at the White House, Obama criticized Republicans for proposing “mumbo jumbo” and “half-baked ideas” on the Syrian civil war. The GOP has been pushing the White House to take a more interventionist approach, especially after Russian warplanes started bombing targets in the country this week.

The White House has ruled out for now the imposition of a no-fly zone of the country, but Clinton came out in favor of the policy Thursday night. “I personally would be advocating now for a no-fly zone and humanitarian corridors,” Clinton said in a TV interview in Boston.

Asked about the disagreement, and if she too is half-baked, Obama said that running for president is different from being president.

“Hillary Clinton is not half baked in terms of her approach to these problems,” he told reporters. “But I also think that there’s a difference between running for president and being president. And the decisions that are being made and the discussions that I’m having with the joint chiefs become much more specific, I think, and require a different kind of judgment.”

In other words, Obama lets us know granny lacks Presidential judgment. I don't actually disagree but it's a shitty thing for the lame-duck sitting president to do.

Also it reminds me of an earlier day. Today "Hillary Clinton is not half baked" . Previously, "You're likable enough Hillary".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 3, 2015 1:32 AM

At least Hillary gave her federal employees same sex benefits

What the fuck has Bernie done for gay rights? And lip service and verbal support doesn't count. What policies has he helped draft and implement?

by Anonymousreply 105October 3, 2015 1:51 AM

God I just read Hillary paye $9.000.00 to consultants to create her campaign playlist. God there is nothing genuine about this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 106October 3, 2015 4:27 AM

That was the past live now and for the future....FUCK the past!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 3, 2015 5:03 AM

Hillary will say anything if she thinks it will get votes. She is not to be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 108October 3, 2015 7:58 AM

I love Hillary. She's a tough bitch.

I like that in my President.

by Anonymousreply 109October 3, 2015 9:59 AM

This is old news and doesn't concern me. 5 years ago was eons ago as far as gay marriage, and Sarah Palin was a key player in the news cycle at the time, broadcasting her idiocy from her twitter account.

One legitimate complaint I can make about Hillary on this subject is that John Oliver's show did an episode about gay rights, and said there's a bill in congress right now to give gays equal protection in employment and housing, and the show contacting all the candidates and I think only Sanders replied in support. Maybe a few other obscure Dems, I don't think any of the Repugs replied and neither did Hillary. But this will come out as the campaign progresses and I'm sure Hillary will endorse the bill and not oppose anything gay rights related. Can't wait until the upcoming 1st Dem debate to finally hear serious discussion of the issues.

by Anonymousreply 110October 3, 2015 10:10 AM

[quote]I love Hillary. She's a tough bitch.

A tough bitch who would rather throw gay parents under the bus rather than provoke the ire of... Sarah Palin.

by Anonymousreply 111October 3, 2015 10:14 AM

R110 ...yet, Palin separated personal hang-ups from her vow to uphold The Constitution, when she took the oath of office. All the hate she's gotten from The Left over these five years and she was the one who vetoed a bill denying rights to same sex couples because it was unconstitutional.

This is why it's important to be an informed voter. Watch how reps vote on CSPAN, if you don't have time to sift through stuff elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 112October 3, 2015 11:22 AM

r111 = F&F

by Anonymousreply 113October 3, 2015 1:30 PM

[quote]Hillary will say anything if she thinks it will get votes. She is not to be trusted.

Then don't vote.

by Anonymousreply 114October 3, 2015 1:31 PM

[quote][R111] = F&F

Oh my, what a fragile little thing you are, r113!

by Anonymousreply 115October 3, 2015 1:49 PM

R111 is correct. One shouldn't be afraid of Sarah Pallins of the world if one is really tough

by Anonymousreply 116October 3, 2015 3:12 PM

Here's the truth about that, r112. Palin in no way personally supports gay rights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 3, 2015 3:24 PM

Clinton is a craven politician. She has few convictions of any kind. She's a tool of the 1%.

by Anonymousreply 118October 3, 2015 3:27 PM

Priorities

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 3, 2015 4:10 PM

R117 I don't care what she personally supports. I care that she respects Constitutional boundaries. I think Huckabee is a jackass because he doesn't. I think Obama is a jackass because he dosn't. These people aren't gods.

Hillary does what she wants, laws, rules and Constitution be damned.

by Anonymousreply 120October 3, 2015 4:31 PM

I agree with R100, R106, R108, R111, R113, R116, R118 & R120. Queen Hillary can disappoint like no one else running. The gay passport issue should prove this once and for all to the naysayers among us.

by Anonymousreply 121October 3, 2015 4:43 PM

I have loathed the Clintons since 1992. I think Hillary is perfectly qualified to do the job, but she's not entitled to it; she has to EARN it! Kasich puts a slightly better face on it, but he'd go solidly right wing if elected. The rest are running as though it's 1956 not 2016.

by Anonymousreply 122October 3, 2015 4:48 PM

R122 "Qualified"? She claimed she couldn't figure out how to use a Blackberry. She's either incompetent or lying.

by Anonymousreply 123October 3, 2015 5:21 PM

Tough? The only way she won NH in 2008 was by crying.

by Anonymousreply 124October 3, 2015 5:30 PM

HA HA R124. The Hillary cult will hate you for saying that.

by Anonymousreply 125October 3, 2015 5:34 PM

Supposed advocacy groups like HRC are about $$$. They will kiss her ring rather than hold Hillary accountable since it is $ for them.

Biden frolicking in a rainbow flag like some grandpa superhero shortly after death of son? Pander bears, both of them.

When are people going to talk about Biden's pose as a DV advocate and his groping women and children live on CSPAN last January? From preschoolers to grandmas, whispers, handsy, one Republican even had to issue a press release that his horrified looking tween was ok with Uncle Joe. Most folks on both sides of the aisle are loathsome individuals.

How was it that leapfrogged past everyone? Gender neutral bathroom in WH and all. What is real backstory and agenda?

They are all puppets of the elite, if you know their name they are controlled.

by Anonymousreply 126October 3, 2015 5:55 PM

Hillary is a crooked lying piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 127October 3, 2015 7:44 PM

There's a lot of reasons to hate the Clintons. The major reason I hate them is Bills sexual attacks and Hillary's after the fact cleanup of them. Which basically consisted of ruining the women's lives. Then she spouts off about being an "fierce advocate for women and children". Yuck. They make me sick.

by Anonymousreply 128October 3, 2015 7:59 PM

Will the anti-Hillary Clinton loon with the mommy issues take a hike already? Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 129October 3, 2015 9:06 PM

[quote]I have loathed the Clintons since 1992.

We know, Freep.

by Anonymousreply 130October 3, 2015 9:07 PM

[quote]Clinton is a craven politician. She has few convictions of any kind. She's a tool of the 1%.

Yeah, go, Bernie! Feel the Bern!

by Anonymousreply 131October 3, 2015 9:08 PM

I wonder why gay people look to strangers to validate them? They are politicians, known for being slimy, often crooked, and good at telling people what they want to hear. Why the need to make them or other public figures into heros, even as with Hillary, Chrissie Hynde and Cosby, their feet of clay could not be more apparent? Why do people often a sense of identity or self or belonging out of manipulated images rather than things that are real? Genuinely confused by the dynamic, was it always this way? Is it like this other places? Why make needy narcissists by definition into mythic heros? Giddily being "for" or stridently "against" then the predictable "betrayal" drama.

by Anonymousreply 132October 3, 2015 9:58 PM

I don't believe President Obama was EVER against gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 133October 3, 2015 10:01 PM

R127 perfect for being potus

by Anonymousreply 134October 3, 2015 10:17 PM

[quote] I wonder why gay people look to strangers to validate them?

R132, you think this is only a gay thing? Are you retarded?

by Anonymousreply 135October 3, 2015 10:21 PM

To the extent gays buy into Clintons with a missionary zeal, no, don't see it.

Other minority groups seem to get that pols are weasels and that advocacy groups, are, in essence, fronts for maintaining status quo.

Have anything to add besides shooting the messenger?

by Anonymousreply 136October 4, 2015 2:35 AM

Obama was for gay marriage before he changed his tune for political reasons. 1996 – SUPPORTS MARRIAGE EQUALITY: Then Illinois Senate candidate Obama submitted a survey to a newspaper called Outlines saying, “I favor legalizing same-sex marriages, and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages.” That he did. What a stark difference to what the Clintons were doing in 1996. People have the nerve to call Obama conciliatory when the whole entire Clinton administration was full of trade-offs and Republican accomplishments.

by Anonymousreply 137October 4, 2015 9:29 AM

R104, he responded with the typical Leo response: I am the boss and the one in charge here, you are not. Leos hate being criticized. I would imagine it grinds his gears that Hillary is so openly opposed to his take on Syria. Hillary is reactive, Obama is more cautious. . Hillary is right about having to take more charge regarding Syria, but I like Obama's isolationism. It will be sorely missed. Being too trigger-happy never ends well.

by Anonymousreply 138October 4, 2015 9:40 AM

Don't forget the two anti gay pieces of legislation the Clintons signed. Oh wait. Clinton. This will be one of the times she doesn't want to call on her First Lady experience.

by Anonymousreply 139October 4, 2015 4:21 PM

You Go Girl~

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 4, 2015 4:21 PM

R139 But she was on SNL, so she must be a-okay!

by Anonymousreply 141October 4, 2015 4:24 PM

And who the fuck says you go girl?

by Anonymousreply 142October 4, 2015 4:59 PM

[quote]Are you so honest to complete strangers? To people at your workplace? Do you think about how what you might say would be perceived by someone before you say it?

Yes. Yes. Not really

by Anonymousreply 143October 4, 2015 4:59 PM

[quote]In other words, Obama lets us know granny lacks Presidential judgment.

No, he let us know that, once again, he can't make a decision and if he does he will not stick with it. I'm no Hillary fan but her potential as president is far and above over anything Obama has achieved.

by Anonymousreply 144October 4, 2015 5:07 PM

There are a lot of huge issues facing this country besides gay marriage. Voters that only consider this issue and no other are amazingly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 145October 4, 2015 5:15 PM

No, R145

To the right, the only issue they have is the 'loony left.'

by Anonymousreply 146October 4, 2015 5:19 PM

Well, thank God she'll never be president, r144. We'd all be slaves to the government.

by Anonymousreply 147October 4, 2015 5:30 PM

"No, he let us know that, once again, he can't make a decision and if he does he will not stick with it. I'm no Hillary fan but her potential as president is far and above over anything Obama has achieved. "

I think you misinterpreted me. The post wasn't about whether it's true Hillary is or isn't presidential caliber, but how Obama is inappropriately undercutting her campaign, with Biden as the probable beneficiary.

I think we'll be seeing much more of this from the party establishment. The Hillbots just won't grasp her problem isn't republicans or conservatives, but just as before it's her own party machinery and their auxiliaries and shills in the media who are taking her down. She couldn't beat them in 2008 either.

by Anonymousreply 148October 4, 2015 7:01 PM

[quote]I think we'll be seeing much more of this from the party establishment. The Hillbots just won't grasp her problem isn't republicans or conservatives, but just as before it's her own party machinery and their auxiliaries and shills in the media who are taking her down. She couldn't beat them in 2008 either.

Why would they do that if she's such a capable and popular politician, as many on here seem to believe???

by Anonymousreply 149October 4, 2015 7:04 PM

[quote]No, he let us know that, once again, he can't make a decision and if he does he will not stick with it. I'm no Hillary fan but her potential as president is far and above over anything Obama has achieved.

I'd like to see Hillary achieve HALF of what President Obama has in the face of right wing obstruction. She has a LOT to prove.

Ask Osama Bin Laden about how Obama doesn't stick with his decisions ok?

by Anonymousreply 150October 4, 2015 7:10 PM

They know they can't win with Hillary which is why they are so desperate to recruit Biden and other democrats. I still hope she wins the primary( and hopefully Biden won't get pulled into the race) though.

by Anonymousreply 151October 4, 2015 7:11 PM

What would happen if she won the nomination then was FINALLY fallen by a stroke?

by Anonymousreply 152October 4, 2015 7:26 PM

I'm no fan of Hillary, don't think she's accomplished much of anything, but she's better than any of those right wing losers running. I will vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 153October 4, 2015 7:30 PM

Come on now R153 she put in a lot of frequent flyer miles as SOS and has been an advocate and activist.

by Anonymousreply 154October 4, 2015 10:59 PM

"An inconsiderate advocate and knuckle dragging activist. "

by Anonymousreply 155October 5, 2015 1:21 AM

It's time people put their pettiness aside and banned together to win this election. There are no other contenders. It's Hillary's time. There's no one else running in the democratic party who could win.

Suck up and do it. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 156October 5, 2015 1:23 AM

Hi Bill! or should I say R156? Tell Hillary her HRC initials mean nothing to us!

by Anonymousreply 157October 5, 2015 1:29 AM

[quote]I'd like to see Hillary achieve HALF of what President Obama has in the face of right wing obstruction

Hillary wouldn't waste her first two years trying to placate republicans.

[quote]but how Obama is inappropriately undercutting her campaign, with Biden as the probable beneficiary.

Seriously, how fucking desperate is the Biden talk at this point? If he's that good, why wasn't he considered a viable candidate much, much sooner? Another name just thrown into the mix after Warren announced fifty times that she wasn't running. And they're still trotting her out for a VP position!

It's Clinton's to win. This frivolity is entertaining, but should not be remotely taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 158October 5, 2015 1:34 AM

Hillary's fine. She's letting everyone get their ya-ya's out early and letting the idiot Rethuglicans cannibalize each other. That's exactly what she should be doing.

She's going to be the nominee. Biden's not running (regardless of what the trolls say), Bernie's not going to win much of anything, he can't take the nomination. There are a couple of other Dems running but since I can't even remember who they are and most other people can't either, they don't pose much of a threat to anyone least of all Hillary.

She's the one. The Democratic Party will coalesce behind her, just as we did behind Obama. Let the shit-stirrers and Rethuglican shills keep posing their divisive bullshit. Let the Bernbots do their thing, he's a good guy and they mean well. It will all settle down once the primaries get rolling.

by Anonymousreply 159October 5, 2015 1:39 AM

I still don't understand how Bernie can run for the nomination of a party he's not a member of.

by Anonymousreply 160October 5, 2015 3:11 AM

Hillary would obviously be the best nominee for gun control. None of the other candidates would do a damned thing about guns. Hillary's been consistently in favor of gun control, despite all the claims she's a weather vane.

by Anonymousreply 161October 5, 2015 8:20 AM

No one - Hillary included - is going to make any meaningful change to gun control without the full support of Congress. And Congress (even a Dem majority) would never support gun control until the NRA's influence was greatly diminished. And even if - by some miracle - we had a constitutional amendment (or, a future more liberal Supreme Court) to overturn Citizens United and to tighten the restrictions on money in politics, the NRA's political action wing would still be enormously powerful and influential via their email blasts and calls to their members telling them to vote against candidates who don't support their insane world view. So, by all means, attack Bernie's views on gun control, but you're dreaming if you think Hillary (or ANY other POTUS candidate) will ever be able to make meaningful change on this issue in the current political environment.

by Anonymousreply 162October 5, 2015 9:06 PM

R142 not old fucks

by Anonymousreply 163October 6, 2015 4:30 AM

R162 NPR and similar outlets keep claiming that gun control is what "most Americans" want, which is a straw-man argument; Constitutional rights are not determined based on popular demand. If that were true, most civil rights just wouldn't exist. Lone crazies and thugs who attain their weapons illegally are not going to be the force that takes away a Constitutional right from good, lawful Americans. These snobby elitists just can't seem to get that into their donor-corporate-controlled brains.

by Anonymousreply 164October 6, 2015 12:56 PM

R153 She's a liar who "accomplished" the death of Americans in Benghazi, which I am convinced will be revealed in her email correspondence (that she lied about ever having) , to have been the unintended result of her own pettiness and control issues. They pleaded for help but no one tells Hillary Rodham Clinton what to do; she'll send help if she wants to and when she's good and ready.

by Anonymousreply 165October 6, 2015 12:59 PM

R150 "Obstruction"? You mean, not just giving him everything he's demanded? He's demanded some pretty, radical things that will decimate The American Middle Class. He's trying to get it in the TPP but hopefully he won't get it.

He doesn't seem to mind The USA becoming a plutocracy, as long as the plutocrats are from Silicon Valley and Wall Street. The latter is where Eric Holder is now working, How convenient for him.

by Anonymousreply 166October 6, 2015 1:07 PM

Maybe left wingers should just vote for Trump and try to accelerate the collapse as fast as possible. There's no possible way to make America better, why not make it worse and hope for a revolution.

by Anonymousreply 167October 6, 2015 1:18 PM

[quote]Other minority groups seem to get that pols are weasels and that advocacy groups, are, in essence, fronts for maintaining status quo.

Most Blacks think Obama is the Messiah.

by Anonymousreply 168October 6, 2015 4:22 PM

Not the ones I know R168, that is white progressives who literally give him a version of a raised fist salute. Voted for him but find the zeal a bit scary, as is the religion of unquestioned fealty to Planned Parenthood. Their eugenics history is disturbing and others can provide abortion and health care services.

by Anonymousreply 169October 7, 2015 2:16 AM

I don't think blacks have fared worse under any president since since the Civil War. The economic statistics for blacks since Obama's term are frightening but they get a pass. With the influx of illegals it's only going to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 170October 7, 2015 2:19 AM

There are areas of the US where Planned Parenthood is the only health care services, abortion and contraceptive provider, R169. The extreme religious right has been effective in removing choices and options for women's health in conservative states. This attack on Planned Parenthood is just another one of their tactics.

Ancient history is ancient history, try to drag yourself into the present, if you can.

by Anonymousreply 171October 7, 2015 2:20 AM

[quote]It's Hillary's time.

I hate that phrase. It hurts her. If it isn't meant to sound entitled, it does. It is not her time. She is not entitled to the presidency. No one is.

by Anonymousreply 172October 7, 2015 2:25 AM

It's Hillary's Time. Isn't that an Enya song. Or something.

by Anonymousreply 173October 7, 2015 3:18 AM

R169, you have to admit there's no possible better president than Obama in the foreseeable future.

It wouldn't be accepted, but it's a pity Obama can't declare himself dictator. His real instincts and personality are obviously quite a lot more progressive than he dares admit in public, since he was in favor of gay marriage since at least the mid 1990's. Wouldn't it be great to see Obama really use his power to make America better, or tell Netanyahu what he really thinks...

by Anonymousreply 174October 7, 2015 2:56 PM

Ha Ha cuntzilla's emails are backed up on the cloud. On their way to the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 175October 7, 2015 9:34 PM

Really, R174? A pity?

by Anonymousreply 176October 8, 2015 4:27 AM

Then it's time to diversify that R171, except don't think you are correct. The deification of a particular NGO is just odd. They are not and should not be only providers of healthcare. PP does in fact have a troubling eugenics past and not too distant. Abortion services should not equal selling human parts imho. They get fees, I was shocked that none too low when I actually went to one, get federal funds and they sell human tissue? Doesn't strike anyone else as a lot of income streams and possibly more to the story?

People who have been to PP offices often try and are able to find lower cost, cleaner, more confidentiality keeping, etc providers. One in DC is abysmal. And NOT cheap. With federal funds, fees and selling parts.

Before knee jerk spew of talking points, think. If selling parts in Mexico or Gabon is repugnant, no different. Why so much money flowing? Genuinely not that cheap for care, birth control, etc, so what is real story? Why should one poorly regulated NGO be treated as only group capable of providing services?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 8, 2015 4:44 AM

The Gawker piece on her aide showed view that above rules not confined to Clintons. They are so frustrating in causing so many of own problems, over and over. Many folks who worked for them previously have walked away.

by Anonymousreply 178October 8, 2015 4:48 AM

She's proud of them? Who the fuck is she? Condescending minging cunt

by Anonymousreply 179October 10, 2015 4:48 AM

Hillary's poll numbers drop ten points in a week....LOL to think she's already spent 28 million. You go girl LOLOLOLO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 10, 2015 4:54 AM

I like Bernie Sanders a great deal, but I'm predicting right here and now that Hillary is going to own that debate and see her poll numbers climb dramatically in the days following.

by Anonymousreply 181October 10, 2015 10:17 AM

Bengayziiii!

by Anonymousreply 182October 10, 2015 1:42 PM

I don't understand the fixation with wanting to see a candidate who has admitted to repeatedly lying to and endangering The American people, succeed. I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 183October 10, 2015 2:08 PM

Sure R176, why not? Democracy is busted.

by Anonymousreply 184October 10, 2015 2:13 PM

freepers and herpes everywhere... oh my.

by Anonymousreply 185June 11, 2016 9:48 AM

Give it up OP, we saw this already. I'm with her-- Hillary 2016

by Anonymousreply 186June 11, 2016 9:51 AM

Some troll is bumping all these threads. Not sure what it's going to accomplish at 6:30AM on a Saturday morning, but DL doesn't attract the sanest folks in the world.

by Anonymousreply 187June 11, 2016 10:26 AM

No smoke no fire. Why would we use parent 1 parent 2? Why is that better? It's like thing 1 and thing 2. Having two fathers or two mothers on the document is gay proud. Not dancing around the fact.

by Anonymousreply 188June 11, 2016 11:43 AM

She's reacting to underlings creating policy without a sophisticated and careful look as to the political ramifications of such a move, and how it might thwart future goals in this area.

More "nothing to see here" kids.

by Anonymousreply 189June 11, 2016 5:23 PM

How come we never heard this before?

by Anonymousreply 190November 1, 2017 12:41 PM

0/10 - desperate attempt to deflect from TREASON

by Anonymousreply 191November 1, 2017 12:48 PM

Digging up old shit from eight years ago? How desperate.

by Anonymousreply 192November 1, 2017 12:55 PM

It doesn't look so crazy now that they are trying to ban words like "pregnant mother" and "female."

by Anonymousreply 193November 1, 2017 1:01 PM

You guys do realize that she's not the president. Your candidate won and you're still not happy and you're still making it all about her. C'mon people.

by Anonymousreply 194November 1, 2017 1:07 PM

R187 only a troll could hate the queen, right?

by Anonymousreply 195September 14, 2020 1:52 AM

Well parent 1 and parent 2 does sound stupid. I would have reprimanded staff as well over this.

by Anonymousreply 196September 14, 2020 1:57 AM

Morons, you are responding to a troll who bumped this FIVE YEAR OLD thread. Let it die and hope the troll follows soon after. Dummies.

by Anonymousreply 197September 14, 2020 2:07 AM

Hillary Clinton was in favor of gay rights for a very long time.

No politician was stupid enough to rally around a cause if they didn't know they could change the laws on this and if they hadn't majority support of the electorate.

Obama was NOT in favor of gay marriage rights in 2008, btw. Not because he wasn't but because if he had said he was he would have had a lesser chance to get elected.

Purity idiots are stupid, they don't understand how to do politics and don't know how to get things done.

December 1999: Clinton told a group of gay contributors at a fundraiser that she was against the "don't ask, don't tell" military policy signed by her husband.

The New York Times reported that Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson said she supported the Defense of Marriage Act but added that "same-sex unions should be recognized and that same-sex unions should be entitled to all the rights and privileges that every other American gets."

January 2000: At a news conference in White Plains, Clinton said, "Marriage has got historic, religious and moral content that goes back to the beginning of time, and I think a marriage is as a marriage has always been, between a man and a woman. But I also believe that people in committed gay marriages, as they believe them to be, should be given rights under the law that recognize and respect their relationship."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198September 14, 2020 2:07 AM

R198 so it’s ok to lie to the American people?

by Anonymousreply 199September 14, 2020 2:08 AM

The Day Hillary Clinton Marched In The New York City Gay Pride Parade

On June 26, 2000, First Lady of The United States of America Hillary Clinton joined the Gay Pride Parade in New York City.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200September 14, 2020 2:08 AM

Stop responding to a FIVE YEAR OLD thread, ya dopes.

by Anonymousreply 201September 14, 2020 2:08 AM

R195, you're a parasite. Calling you a troll is too kind.

by Anonymousreply 202September 14, 2020 2:08 AM

R198's mom fucked with a snake and gave birth to this creature R198

by Anonymousreply 203September 14, 2020 3:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!