Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My next door neighbor has gotten a different Amazon package delivered everyday for the last 3 weeks

What could he be ordering? What do you think is going on next door to be getting so much stuff from Amazon? Should I be concerned?

by Anonymousreply 53August 14, 2020 7:24 PM

some people dont shop anymore. with free shipping some people just do all their shopping online. It's stupid and can't be good for the environment. There's probably shaving cream in one of those boxes. They don't consolidate the orders like they should.

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2015 4:20 AM

I have neighbors who recently moved in. There's a pile of boxed deliveries behind their gate each week, and a lot of cardboard boxes folded in the garbage afterwards, big ones. I imagine the interior resembles a TV sitcom set by Ikea.

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2015 4:20 AM

Jockstraps, naturally.

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2015 4:32 AM

They are probably a diversity of male order rides.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2015 4:32 AM

Oh my gawd!

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2015 4:32 AM

He is repurposing clocks into hoax-bombs.

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2015 4:35 AM

Wasn't op a character on Be witched?

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2015 4:37 AM

MYOB, Gladys.

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2015 4:37 AM

Why not just beat him to the door and take his packages? You open them, see, then call UPS or USPS and return them as "not as addressed."

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2015 4:38 AM

He probably placed one or two orders with multiple items and elected to have each item shipped as it was packed, rather than in one go. Supplements, t shirts, socks and other essentials... who wants to go shopping for boring stuff if you don't have to? It's not great for the environment, but most people are lazy and would rather spend their time off doing something enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2015 4:38 AM

I used to watch a person on Periscope whose fans sent her things from her Amazon wishlist. She does scopes on opening all the packages - which was sickening. Maybe shes your neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2015 4:39 AM

That YouTube box opening crap phenomenon really is sickening.

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2015 4:51 AM

You DO realize that the companies SEND people stuff for FREE for the advertising.

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2015 4:54 AM

Periscope is different - it's live streaming. This person has wishlist on Amazon soley so her fans will send her crap.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2015 4:57 AM

Call the authorities.

You can never be too vigilant.

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2015 6:32 AM

You live next door to Amy Pascal, OP?

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2015 6:45 AM

Jesus Christ you are a noisy little fuck. Get a life OP, and stay out of your neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2015 12:08 PM

It's someone who just discovered Amazon, and is thrilled with the possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2015 12:38 PM

OPs neighbor is on Chatterbate and is getting gifts from fans.

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2015 12:45 PM

There are all types of packages delivered all day long on my street which means my dog barks all day long. Someday I think she's gonna stroke out.

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2015 12:47 PM

Amazon's got something for that, r20.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2015 12:50 PM

I guess you'd hate me too, hardly a week goes by without something from Amazon being delivered to my house. I often forget to pick random things up, so if I think of something in particular, I hop on Amazon and buy it. I don't have to search several stores looking for something. In fact, I do most all of my non-grocery shopping online, saves gas and time, and I make sure the boxes are recycled.

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2015 1:07 PM

Mind your own business, OP.

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2020 7:14 AM

I did order a shit ton of crap at the beginning of summer. Some of the Chinese crap is still coming in. Surprisingly, most of it is of satisfactory quality. I got some excellent cotton face masks yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2020 7:20 AM

“Every day”, OP, not “everyday” - perhaps you should concentrate on learning English spelling and grammar rather than on spying on your neighbours.

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2020 7:32 AM

The fellow who lives across the street seems to get at least two large boxes per week from UPS. I expect they are drug shipments and one day the police will be firing tear gas into his home.

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2020 7:33 AM

I thought I was bored

by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2020 7:36 AM

Maybe just going through a stocking up phase, esp. if they just moved in. The package arrivals may slow down.

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2020 7:37 AM

Fedex, UPS and USPS deliverer boxes and packages to my home daily.

by Anonymousreply 29August 14, 2020 7:52 AM

It means your neighbor is a shopping addict.

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2020 7:53 AM

The 2015 thread bump troll is at it again. Must've been too much discussion of Cheetolini at the top of the page.

by Anonymousreply 31August 14, 2020 7:54 AM

Those who live in glass grammar houses shouldn't be throwing stones, R25. Punctuation goes inside the quotations marks, and don't even get me started with that inappropriate dash.

by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2020 7:58 AM

Speaking of Amazon - I spent hours searching for a KN95 mask. My doctor gave me one after I complained about how much I loathed the fan folded cheapo ones. I could actually breathe in and out comfortably. I found one on Amazon that was $43 for 50 masks, which I felt was reasonable. Hint - they were totally unavailable a few months ago, so I was told. If I use one a week they will last almost a year. I have an autoimmune disease so don't go out much at all so one will easily do me for a week.

by Anonymousreply 33August 14, 2020 8:16 AM

OP, are you familiar with the term "busybody"?

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2020 8:23 AM

Newsflash - masks with a valve defeat the stated purpose of general public wearing masks. I realize you have a special issue but if god forbid you had COVID, your valve mask isn't going to protect anyone from your vapors.

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2020 8:28 AM

I thought this was a Joel thread at first.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2020 8:40 AM

People who have Prime probably order more because they don't have to pay extra shipping fees, and they want to make their membership fee worth it. I usually subscribe to Prime for a couple months per year and rarely order from Amazon the rest of the time. When the lock down started I was ordering a lot of kitchen stuff, items for working at home, etc.

by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2020 9:04 AM

“Abnah! Abnah! The neighbours are gettin’ more Amazon boxes!”

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2020 9:55 AM

R38 With all due respect OP I think you should mind your own business. Would you like your neighbour to be questioning mail and packages delivered to your own home?

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2020 10:20 AM

How does the bump troll find these gems?

by Anonymousreply 40August 14, 2020 10:39 AM

I have friends who order so much stuff that they get packages delivered every day. There are days where USPS, UPS or FedEx, and the Amazon van will all come down the driveway.

I get that we can't really go out to shop these days, but who in the world needs to buy so much crap?

by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2020 10:45 AM

Hmm... was R23 the 2015 bump troll? I have them blocked...

by Anonymousreply 42August 14, 2020 10:46 AM

Jealous?

by Anonymousreply 43August 14, 2020 10:47 AM

[quote]I got some excellent cotton face masks yesterday.

Share a link r24?

by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2020 10:51 AM

All the cardboard boxes and packing material ... I hope people are, at least, recycling the boxes.

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2020 6:13 PM

I don't think it's that uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2020 6:14 PM

I live in a medium sized city - there's really nothing left to buy in the stores. I really do prefer to go check out clothes and try them on, but there's no point, because there's no clothes. From department stores, to places like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Target, there's such low inventory it's useless. My city isn't big enough to have a bunch of boutiques/specialty clothing stores - not that a shop at them that much anyway.

So, have I moved to online shopping. Yes, but, unlike when I could just go get something locally, I put it off until I really need it.

by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2020 6:20 PM

Most likely guns and ammo.

by Anonymousreply 48August 14, 2020 6:22 PM

OP must be in her caftan peeking from behind the blinds with rollers in her hair and jealousy on her face. “What’s inside of all those boxes,” she asks herself. OP’s nosiness is eating her apart inside. It must be torture for her!

by Anonymousreply 49August 14, 2020 6:23 PM

[quote] I get that we can't really go out to shop these days, but who in the world needs to buy so much crap?

People do buy a lot of crap, yes, crap. Let's not delude ourselves. About a month ago, I did a major house declutter and it feels great. I don't feel like shopping at all now, after all the work I did (decisions are the hardest part) to declutter.

There will come a time when I want to shop again, but I hope it's not for a long while.

by Anonymousreply 50August 14, 2020 6:32 PM

It was me, OP. I get packages almost daily. Sit on it!

by Anonymousreply 51August 14, 2020 6:35 PM

I am like OP’s neighbor! My concierge holds my packages in the back and probably wondering the same thing! I order books, manga, anime action figures and things for my place on Amazon. Since they send things in multiple shipments and many are coming from Japan, things are spread out and delivered almost every day.

by Anonymousreply 52August 14, 2020 7:12 PM

MYOFB !

by Anonymousreply 53August 14, 2020 7:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!