Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ben Carson: Gay Marriage To Blame For ‘Dramatic Fall of the Roman Empire’

In his 2012 book America the Beautiful, Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson wrote that same-sex marriage contributed in a major way to the downfall of the Roman Empire. BuzzFeed reports on what exactly Carson wrote: “As a Bible-believing Chris…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 25, 2021 4:55 AM

Stupid shit, it was Christianity that fell the Roman Empire. Oh, I forgot, Rethugs are really, really bad at history.

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2015 3:33 AM

Look at that lying smirk. He would say literally anything. He would also do anything.

Psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2015 3:34 AM

Well, considering that republicans are anti-education, this statement works out very well for them.

by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2015 3:37 AM

Elsewhere in the news, it was proven today that the Emancipation Proclamation is to blame for the "dramatic fall of the U. S. A."

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2015 3:38 AM

I mean, after the 2015 Obergefell ruling, that's pretty much when the wokeness got super obnoxious. I think he had a point.

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2021 6:06 PM

I wish he would get gravely ill

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2021 6:07 PM

Didn't he die? Why does he keep coming back?

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2021 6:20 PM

Perfect example of how poisonous religion can be. He is smart enough to be a very accomplished brain surgeon. But when it comes to anything to do with THE GAY, he becomes a blithering idiot entirely because of his stupid religious cult.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2021 6:20 PM

“Didn't he die? Why does he keep coming back?”

No, it is Cain who is no longer Abel to help me pervert the world.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2021 6:28 PM

What a moron. First, there was no same-sex marriage in the Roman Empire. Second, no historian believes that homosexuality had anything to do with the decline of the Roman Empire.

Why are Christians so obsessed with this, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2021 7:01 PM

Stupid MAGAt filth @r5 doesn’t realize that the really “woke” people despise the very idea of marriage itself - straight or gay, makes no difference.

Now fuck on back to Breitbart or Gab, where they just *love* you Gays for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2021 7:08 PM

Carson is not really all there. I have a great deal of difficulty he even managed to qualify as a doctor; perhaps he was a bit less sleepy when younger. Now he seems to be permanently sedated in a brain-fog.

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2021 7:29 PM

ben carson took Regeneron Antibody cocktail treatment for Covid

Regeneron was created from the fetal stem cells from an abortion

donald took it and he thought it was a MIRACLE. He was able to get the same treatment for rudy giuliani, Ben Carson, Chris Christie and his idiot son, don jr

Dead Baby Juice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2021 7:33 PM

Actually, a big factor in the fall of the Roman Empire was that the rich just stopped paying taxes. The rich refused to pay a thing, the government let them get away with it, so the tax collectors effectively destroyed the middle class by taking all their money to maintain the state. By the time the Empire fell, there was basically nothing to Roman society by the upper class and the slave/underclass.

Sound familiar?

by Anonymousreply 14January 25, 2021 12:44 AM

I mean—all this trans stuff—which happened immediately following gay marriage. I used to laugh at shit like that and so how absurd that is but unfortunately gays are being used by and conflated with extremist groups.

by Anonymousreply 15January 25, 2021 12:48 AM

The West started to implode shortly after gay rights arrived. Russia, China, and the muslim world won't make the same mistake.

by Anonymousreply 16January 25, 2021 12:52 AM

[quote]muslim world won't make the same mistake.

lol - Datalounge loves Islam. Gays love Islam.

by Anonymousreply 17January 25, 2021 12:53 AM

Christians should probably stop commenting on the FALL of the ROMAN EMPIRE. They never know what the fuck they are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 18January 25, 2021 12:55 AM

I think that he regularly lets the foods and beverages inside his refrigerator go way past their expiration dates far too frequently..

by Anonymousreply 19January 25, 2021 1:06 AM

R5, no, that's when whining about wokeness got super annoying

by Anonymousreply 20January 25, 2021 1:10 AM

R15 is a homophobe AND a transphobe

Freepers be gone.

by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2021 1:11 AM

R16 reminds me of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 25, 2021 1:12 AM

The Roman Empire actually fell from a massive Charley Horse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 25, 2021 3:38 AM

Tired of Christians putting the blame for the mess they did on us.

Most of the evidence we have of Roman homosexuality comes from the late Republican and early imperial period - Catullus, Virgil, Martial all wrote in the first century before Christ or first century after Christ; the Satyricon and the Warren Cup were also made around that time.

The Rome that actually fell, the Rome of the 4th century, was the one made Christianity the official religion and banned homosexuality. As Edward Gibbon and Friedrich Nietzsche wrote, it makes much more sense to blame Christianity for the downfall of the empire.

Homosexuality flourished when the empire was young and expanding; in fact, the superb gay emperors Trajan and Hadrian, who did the most to expand and stabilize the empire, reigned in the second century. The Christian emperors were the ones who lost everything, and their religion imposed itself when the empire was dying and couldn't resist the barbarians from inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 24January 25, 2021 3:50 AM

Someone got a D in his 10th grade Ancient History class

by Anonymousreply 25January 25, 2021 3:55 AM

I would've thought Greek.

by Anonymousreply 26January 25, 2021 3:57 AM

Lordy he’s an idiot-

by Anonymousreply 27January 25, 2021 4:02 AM

The Roman Empire fell? Then who owns Cesar’s Palace?

by Anonymousreply 28January 25, 2021 4:03 AM

Didn't he stab his mother?

(and the Roman Empire had gay marriage? who knew? DL should have told me this sometime.)

by Anonymousreply 29January 25, 2021 4:07 AM

Carson didn't say it 'contributed in a major way'.

The reporter named Sean Mandell introduced the word 'major' not Carson.

by Anonymousreply 30January 25, 2021 4:17 AM

Gay marriage is also to blame for volcanos, tornadoes and WandaVision.

by Anonymousreply 31January 25, 2021 4:17 AM

"(and the Roman Empire had gay marriage? who knew? DL should have told me this sometime.)"

I don't know what the law said about same-sex marriage back then, but one of the Satires of Juvenal featured a lot of whining about a young man putting on a wedding gown and marrying a rich old queen.

Perhaps someone better-read than I will quote it for us, because I loathe Juvenal's whiging and I'm not going to slog through the damn things again. Having to read them in college was enough.

by Anonymousreply 32January 25, 2021 4:31 AM

When he was running for president, he picked a random warrior tribe in Kenya, that had never been enslaved, saying he was descended from them just so he could one over Obama. The man may have excelled as a surgeon, but he's still a complete dolt.

by Anonymousreply 33January 25, 2021 4:36 AM

Same old same old. Always have to find a group of “those people” to put the blame on.

by Anonymousreply 34January 25, 2021 4:48 AM

R14 Oh, snap. That's already been happening here for like 40 years.

We're so fucked.

by Anonymousreply 35January 25, 2021 4:50 AM

[quote] Same old same old

Yes, R34, this opinion was from eight years ago. Why does Towle like to dredge up the out-of-date and irrelevant?

by Anonymousreply 36January 25, 2021 4:52 AM

[quote] Stupid shit, it was Christianity that fell the Roman Empire.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 37January 25, 2021 4:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!