Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

In a relationship with boss

I've had a massive falling out with my BFF (girl) about my newish relationship. I'm in love & having a relationship with my boss. Are employer/employee relationships ever going to work? He hasn't come out & I have to keep it low profile, but I'm willing to be discreet.

by Anonymousreply 26July 7, 2020 10:08 PM

You type young, you type dumb, you type full of cum OP.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2015 9:44 PM

Obviously you aren't discreet or you wouldn't have told your hag.

She's gonna tell EVERYONE.

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2015 9:45 PM

Patrick, I thought you were smarter than this

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2015 9:47 PM

If you are blowing him on his office he's filming it. That's what my last boss did to his office fuck buddies.

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2015 9:50 PM

[quote]Are employer/employee relationships ever going to work?

No. At some point you will have to change jobs or give up the man.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2015 11:14 PM

What could possibly go wrong?!?

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2015 11:54 PM

W&W for r6, who beat me to it!

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2015 1:20 AM

Sounds like the film, Secretary. I say go for it. James Spader is hot!

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2015 11:17 PM

Worked out well for Monica Lewinsky. Keep on blowin' and get your dry cleaning done regularly and you should have no problems, genius.

by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2015 11:19 PM

Start looking for a new job NOW!!!

No pressure to settle, and your boss will give you an EXCELLENT recommendation (because you're fucking him)

Then, when your relationship ends (and it will) you won't be on the unemployment line or have to face reporting to your "EX" every single day.

by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2015 11:25 PM

Better yet... Go to HR and complain about sexual harassment and how you he touched you 'down there'. Shed a bunch of tears/ hire a lawyer/ deny it was consensual/ make some $$. IT WILL END IN TEARS unless you get out now. How many others have had the same role you do now?

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2015 11:39 PM

This brings back memories of when I had a massive crush on my boss for a whole year. It made going into work everyday not only bearable, but thrilling. Luckily it wasn't consummated so I still had a job to go to when I mentally moved on.

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2015 11:54 PM

[quote]This brings back memories of when I had a massive crush on my boss for a whole year

Yep, I know what you mean. Having a crush on someone at work can really make work so much more enjoyable. It's the little things in life.

by Anonymousreply 13October 2, 2015 12:01 AM

I always feel like I'm out of step with the rest of the world on this issue. I've been working for over 30 years and have never once had a relationship with someone I work with. Not that I didn't want to, it just never happened.

by Anonymousreply 14October 2, 2015 12:22 AM

Because its a bad idea, r14. You're right to not have. Never fuck a boss, co-worker, neighbor or anyone who has direct access to the running of your life.

by Anonymousreply 15October 2, 2015 12:26 AM

We had one of those, OP. Pretty soon the boss's wife was visiting the office unexpectedly. Then she sued him for divorce and trashed the girlfriend all over Facebook. Anyone in the office who didn't know found out after that. Well, the boss got his divorce, but guess what? The girlfriend (or ex-not really clear what their relationship is now) has been essentially shut out of any advancement. He's passed her over for promotions time and time again--I have no idea what he's telling her but she's not happy, although they remain friendly. I'm trying to get her to transfer. We have offices nationwide and she knows people in various places and likes to travel.

You won't listen but you need to back out of this or move to another department or be prepared to find another job when this is over. This is highly unlikely to work and, considering that he's closeted, the probability of a successful relationship is even less.

by Anonymousreply 16October 2, 2015 2:08 AM

Don't shit where you eat.

by Anonymousreply 17October 2, 2015 2:11 AM

Molly, you in danger, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 18October 2, 2015 5:28 AM

I saw milk it for all it's worth. Oh, wait, you're doing that already. And that's all you are, a dick milker, to him.

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2015 6:01 AM

It worked for Krystle on Dynasty, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 20July 7, 2020 4:45 PM

^ The 2015 Thread Bumper Troll has clocked in for the day.

by Anonymousreply 21July 7, 2020 6:57 PM

I had 3 on the down low affairs at work. Regretted each one of them for different reasons - and that was at Disney in the entertainment division. Have an exit strategy OP. I personally agree w the “find a new job now” post.

by Anonymousreply 22July 7, 2020 7:27 PM

Not sure which is a greater relationship killer: employee/employer relationship or closeted?

by Anonymousreply 23July 7, 2020 7:31 PM

More details r22. How did the affairs start and end?

by Anonymousreply 24July 7, 2020 8:56 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 25July 7, 2020 9:00 PM

R22 here.

AFFAIR ONE, went out with co-workers for a happy hour drink. Became drinks. Became sharing a cab. Became an affair. Sex fizzled after a while. Went our separate ways.

AFFAIR TWO, co -worker had come clean about feelings for me. He was partnered, but they had an understanding. My car went into the shop. Ride to and from work offered. Thank you hug became kissing became an affair. Lasted about a year. Ended it because there was nowhere for it to go.

AFFAIR THREE, I got a promotion! Went out to celebrate. My former boss basically said, “Now that I’m not your boss...” Relationship began. We were together about 6 months, didn’t end badly. Still friends.

by Anonymousreply 26July 7, 2020 10:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!