Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My three year old came out as transgender and I just sort of accepted it

I think when I was three, I came out as Dumbo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 11, 2021 8:17 PM

It's like a bad episode of Ab Fab with these moron hipster parents who seem to almost demand that their toddlers are as fucked up as they are.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2015 11:39 AM

I grew up with two older sisters. We used to play "family" together where one sister was the father, one was the mother, and I was their dog. Could you imagine if we did that today with some of these idiot parents?

by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2015 11:53 AM

I've nothing but contempt for these pathetic parents. You can set an example and not rigidly enforce gender roles without becoming a ghoulish parody.

These same kids will be just as "brave" and "proud" to file for emancipation in a few years, and with just as much public fanfare. Seriously, what parent invites the cameras and public scrutiny for their kid? I don't even care for kids but ew.

by Anonymousreply 3September 29, 2015 12:00 PM

[quote] “The World Professional Association for Transgender Health notes in their latest Standards of Care [that] gender dysphoria in childhood does not inevitably continue into adulthood, and only 6 to 23 percent of boys and 12 to 27 percent of girls treated in gender clinics showed persistence of their gender dysphoria into adulthood. Further, most of the boys' gender dysphoria desisted, and in adulthood, they identified as gay rather than as transgender." - Drescher & Pula, 2014

We will have a backlash against transgender, depend on it. It's imperative that gays dissociate themselves from this madness, because if you read the comment sections of newspapers, almost everyone thinks gay and transgender are the same thing.

I wonder how the Christians and social conservatives will react. They aren't used to being proved right about, well, anything.

Is there some way we can make money off the inevitable, massive, class action suit against doctors and pharma companies in 10 years for screwing up so many gay kids with hormones and surgery?

by Anonymousreply 4September 29, 2015 12:01 PM

I thought I was Winnie the Pooh when I was 3.

by Anonymousreply 5September 29, 2015 12:04 PM

Will butch lesbians and effeminate gay men even exist in the future, or will their parents convince them they're transgendered when they're five?

by Anonymousreply 6September 29, 2015 12:10 PM

The mother writes here's the video I made that "tells our story."

"Our story"? They do this to their kid, but it is really all about them. She calls herself "gendermom." It's just a big hobby, something to talk about, get attention for, and maybe she can get a TV show.

In the "about" page you can see how the ignorance and the crude stereotypes appeal to more ignorant straight people who write in to say how great she is and how they "learn" from her. And then more ignorant people do this to more kids.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2015 12:10 PM

I thought Walt Disney was my grandpa when I was four.

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2015 12:12 PM

[quote]I wonder how the Christians and social conservatives will react.

I think some will be for it, and some against. I noticed in a couple of stories of "transgender children" that the parents were conservative Christians. In one story she brought up her church, saying they were against homosexuality but got a call from someone in her church supporting her re her "transgender child"

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2015 12:14 PM

How about this? If a kid at an earl age says "I am a boy" or "I am a girl" a parent can just play it easy about it - for a long while.

R4's quote does not provide cover for her ridiculous conclusion - "ignorance and confusion require us to disconnect from transgender concerns because - what? Guilt by association? How cynical.

Yes, this woman is a creep. That doesn't mean all understanding parents are.

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2015 12:20 PM

This parent isn't understanding. Far from it. None of the parents of "transgender children" are. They won't let them be, with very destructive consequences.

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2015 12:23 PM

I'm female, and I came out as Superman when I was five.

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2015 12:24 PM

When I was a tot, I wanted to grow up to be Ferdinand the Bull.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2015 12:25 PM

Well, you would be transgender now, R12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2015 12:27 PM

I was a tomboy as a little girl. Not transgendered.

So glad my mom pursued her master's degree and founded my city's first DV shelter rather than record navel gazing videos for world broadcast.

I'm glad to be female, and as a grown up GNC child, my heart goes out to these poor kids who are being deceived and abused.

My mom's legacy will continue to save lives long after all of us are gone. Transgendrism, otoh, will go the way of the lobotomy. It's just as barbaric and unhelpful.

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2015 12:49 PM

Somebody needs to start a new public awareness campaign for children: "Just Let Them Play."

Stop the BS of sex segregated toys, games and clothes. Just let the kids PLAY.

They're too young to be burdened with gender politics and despising their anatomy.

Just let them play.

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2015 12:52 PM

R2, that's so sweet. :)

I wanted to be a kitty cat. I even tried to eat cat food thinking it would turn me into a cat.

I never made that mistake again.

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2015 12:53 PM

Too true r15.

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2015 12:57 PM

The reason children are not able to make decisions for themselves is that they don't have the mental capacity or experience to make informed decisions.

While I applaud acceptance by parents, they really need to do some parenting, rather than allowing their children to make life altering decisions.

It's almost an even more bizarre form of gender stereotyping where you show any sign of non-gender comforming behavior and the lunatic parents decide you must be trans.

HORRIFYING.

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2015 12:59 PM

A psychiatrist in Toronto said this but was called transphobic and shouted down by the T activists: "We would not expect that parents would support their children pretending they’re dogs and cats,” she said. “I had a youngster many years ago who insisted he was a number and was very upset when people didn’t call him the right number, which he changed regularly.” A study of past patients found the majority no longer want to change sex, Bradley said. Many are gay or lesbian, which she considers a good outcome."

Proof right there that this is about parents erasing the gay

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2015 1:03 PM

Yes how does that work? It is also Brave and deserving of press and praise when toddler defies other boundaries, such as refusing to finish his peas? How does one decide when toddler expresses authentic, precocious clarity? Is it only when the kid's whims align with his parents' bottomless need for validation as more enlightened than thou?

by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2015 1:06 PM

and the sexist, homophobic, rigid transgender ideology aligns with the straight parent's sexist, homophobic, rigid ideology about what make a "boy" and a "girl"

and they all use fake progressive language to promote it

so Orwellian

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2015 1:09 PM

Oh dear! For God's sake. Fine with the non gender specific toys etc but let the child grow up before making these decisions. Yes, let them wear what they want or play with what they want but don't make decisions like that.

by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2015 1:10 PM

At 10, my son, also gay, was playing Project Runway with his sister and cousins, wearing a bra and stuffing it (in the house) and wearing make-up. It ended by the time he came out in 8th grade.

We treated it like an imaginary friend. Don't encourage or discourage.

Not everyone is trans or schizophrenic because they goofed around as kids.

by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2015 1:10 PM

Yes, r20, and the Canadian trans activists are now working to make it illegal to encourage GNC children to accept their biological sex. Trans people actually call that "Trans Conversion Therapy."

In truth, trans is Gay Conversion Therapy.

Someone made an excellent post on a now closed thread. I don't recall it exactly, but it pointed out how we gays used to accused of recruiting children to be gay...that was one of the biggest homophobic criticisms against us.

Now, autogynphiles are *actually* recruiting children to trans. And the GLB media and orgs totally support it, and censor any criticism from the gay community.

It's madness. This is what it must have felt like during the Red Scare and McCarthyism. It's hard to watch, and you get clobbered for simply stating your view. People have lost jobs for speaking out against transgenderism. Like typical straight men, they just don't take no for an answer.

by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2015 2:02 PM

Girls wear pink dresses and play house. Boys where blue jeans and play pirate

CASE CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 26September 29, 2015 2:30 PM

Ideology kills.

by Anonymousreply 27September 29, 2015 5:08 PM

Part of the problem might just be Western society's recent history of sending millions of people to college who have no business being there.

Critical thinking and independent thought can't really be taught, as much as deans like to pretend otherwise, and an education in humanities just offers people a more plausible seeming veneer of sophistry for their private delusions. That or there is a secular variation in society's susceptibility to collective action.

30-40 years ago NAMBLA tried to latch onto the gay movement and even claim the 'Stonewall spirit' for themselves and were frozen out. Compare and contrast.

by Anonymousreply 28September 29, 2015 5:27 PM

[...] = N a m b l a

by Anonymousreply 29September 29, 2015 5:29 PM

Well, MY three-year-old threw the first brick at Stonewall!

by Anonymousreply 30September 29, 2015 5:33 PM

The mother gave the three year old the brick to throw. And thus the thrilling straight-trans alliance was born!

by Anonymousreply 31September 29, 2015 5:42 PM

If these parents had their way there would be no more gay men and lesbians. They want to wipe out all baby gays because to them it's easier for their kid to grow up being a fake straight person than a real gay one.

by Anonymousreply 32September 29, 2015 6:04 PM

I grew up on a barrier sea island in the late 50s through the 60s. I was an uber Tomboy to the point that I had my hair buzzed like a boy, and I ran amok all over our little island in little boy shorts with no shirt just as my playmates did.(well, up to age 6) I then went into my horse phase during which I was a beautiful Arabian. I then transitioned into my "fighting the Japs" on Iwo Jima phase which probably grew out of my WW2 obsessed dad. I was part of a boys' softball team and I thought dresses were beyond gross. There is ONE picture of me in a ruffly pink dress with a matching parasol on Easter Sunday, and I literally look like the future Aileen Wournos. I was thirsting for my mother's blood after humiliating me like that.

Fast forward 20 years, I was the femmiest femme who ever femmed. It all happened in its own good time, but it happened.

DON'T allow these kids to make life altering decisions in their formative years. It's normal to be all over the place while one is finding his/herself. Why is the medical community even allowing this to happen?

by Anonymousreply 33September 29, 2015 6:04 PM

Madysyn and Jaison are both very mature for their age. When they approached Ken and I to say that they would prefer to be the other gender, we embraced their wishes. Thankfully, since they're 5-year-old twins, it was easy to just switch their wardrobes! (Perfect solution!) Madysyn has also taken an interest in her father's power tools, so I left her in the garage playing with the cordless drill. And Jaison asked for a pet unicorn for his birthday, so I've been calling every animal shelter in town trying to track one down!

by Anonymousreply 34September 29, 2015 6:16 PM

R10, I don't agree that R4's conclusion is ridiculous. LGB and T aren't just loosely associated - I'm not aware of any gay rights organisation that doesn't promote trans rights as well. It'll be easy for right-wingers to say, "This is what happens when you allow homosexual marriage and anti-discrimination laws. It's the CHILLDRRUN who suffer. We did warn you." I don't want to give them an argument to latch on to.

by Anonymousreply 35September 29, 2015 6:52 PM

Why is the medical community even allowing this to happen? MONEY. There is no money in saying, just let them be, it's no big deal. Hospitials are for profit and big corporations are involved in trans - Merck, Pfizer, and others

by Anonymousreply 36September 29, 2015 6:55 PM

I work in a hospital in AZ and a male to female transgender came into the ED for chest pains. The patient still had a penis and balls, but was registered in the system as Female. I objected to this categorization as Female because it was factually untrue. And there are medical implications -target blood pressure values are different for men and women, etc. The charge nurse told me to be quiet or I would get into trouble.

This encounter reminds me of what was said about the tyranny of Soviet Union, how the system degraded and controlled people by forcing them to accept untruths and breaking them down for objecting to the bullshit right before their lying eyes.

by Anonymousreply 37September 29, 2015 7:15 PM

[quote]This encounter reminds me of what was said about the tyranny of Soviet Union, how the system degraded and controlled people by forcing them to accept untruths and breaking them down for objecting to the bullshit right before their lying eyes

Well put & very true!

by Anonymousreply 38September 29, 2015 7:29 PM

So this kid tells his mother that he's a girl when he is 3. And she buys it?

She's a fucking idiot who shouldn't be a parent.

No mention of Daddy anywhere in this video.

Actually now that I think about it this woman and her daughter are fake.

Some tranny probably made that clip.

by Anonymousreply 39September 29, 2015 9:08 PM

R37 Thank you. Nail on head.

by Anonymousreply 40September 30, 2015 1:50 AM

I hadn't thought about the medical implications, R37 - different blood pressure targets and so on. How does the medical profession account for that sort of thing?

by Anonymousreply 41September 30, 2015 2:15 AM

Child abuse.

by Anonymousreply 42April 11, 2021 8:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!