Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

View from the Top is the most rewatchable movie ever!

I'm watching it for the 4th time in the last two weeks right now (it seems to be on constant repeat on three different movie channels and I just end up watching it everytime I catch it on). I usually hate rom-coms and I hate Goop but this movie is just so irresistible in all its unpretentious cheesiness I can't help but love it (and knowing that Goop herself hates the movie makes me love it even more).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 6, 2020 4:29 AM

She was good in it. Funny. Yes...funny!

I must watch it again....only saw it once. I think I recorded it.

by Anonymousreply 1September 28, 2015 9:45 PM

That some of you have so little sense and taste, you think this movie is funny, is infinitely funnier.

by Anonymousreply 2September 28, 2015 10:51 PM

The movie is not very good (mostly because it sat on the shelf for almost two years because of the WTC attacks and was heavily re-edited) but I still like how harmless and naive the pre-9/11 aviation is portrayed. For better or for worse, a movie like this one could never be made in Hollywood today.

by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2015 11:04 PM

The movie wasn't that bad, I remember I laughed a lot. Goop was quite funny in it, completely playing against type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2015 11:17 PM

Did anyone else notice how badly they photoshopped Candice Bergen into the movie poster above?

by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2015 11:23 PM

I remember that is was crap and I also remember being unable to watch the "outtakes" because they seemed so phony and unfunny. It looked like were just making them up.

I do despise Goop but cannot deny that she is a talented actress. Not in this though. Shite, I tell ya, pure shite.

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2015 11:49 PM

r5 Yes. Wow. That can't be her body...or hair.

by Anonymousreply 7September 29, 2015 12:54 AM

It was a really stupid movie.

The whole premise that getting to fly JFK-Paris was the ULTIMATE in glamour was so fucking dated. Maybe if they film had been set in 1960 and it was Pan Am, but it was beyond stupid as a non-period piece.

And Candice is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE actress. The fact that she has Emmys is a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 8September 29, 2015 1:00 AM

It's funny that the people who dislike the movie the most aren't able to complete a simple 2 sentence comment on a message board without misspelling words or grammar mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 9September 29, 2015 1:26 AM

Overboard, Dirty Dancing, Weekend At Bernie's - those are movies that are rewatchable. OP must be Blythe Danner.

by Anonymousreply 10September 29, 2015 1:28 AM

[quote]It's funny that the people who dislike the movie the most aren't able to complete a simple 2 sentence comment on a message board without misspelling words or grammar mistakes.

The movie sucked and only stupid cunts like you tend to be fans. Happy?

(And you should have spelled out "two" and it is "grammatical" not "grammar," idiot.)

by Anonymousreply 11September 29, 2015 1:45 AM

both 'grammar' and 'grammatical' are OK to use

calm down R11

by Anonymousreply 12September 29, 2015 1:51 AM

R12 Grammar is a noun.

Idiots who don't know grammar should not deride other people's grammar.

by Anonymousreply 13September 29, 2015 1:55 AM

"grammar" in this case is a noun with an adjectival function modifying the head noun "mistake"

stop posting R13, you are only embarrassing yourself

by Anonymousreply 14September 29, 2015 2:02 AM

R14 Darling, you are too stupid to live. I'm too kind to suggest the remedy for this awkward situation . . .

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2015 2:08 AM

What R14 said.

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2015 4:29 AM

I knew this thread would end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2015 4:58 AM

Meanwhile in LA Goop is getting along very well with her ex husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2015 7:49 AM

Silly movie, but I liked Mark Ruffalo in it. This was the first of his movies that i saw. I remember a scene where he was driving a boat and he looked pretty sexy.

I will have to rewatch this now.

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2015 8:44 AM

[quote]The whole premise that getting to fly JFK-Paris was the ULTIMATE in glamour was so fucking dated. Maybe if they film had been set in 1960 and it was Pan Am

Provincial American girls like the one Goop was playing would still consider going to Paris as glamorous.

Also, please remember, it was a comedy.

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2015 8:53 AM

My go to movie with a ditzy blonde in the lead is Legally Blonde with Reese Witherspoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2015 8:56 AM

Mark Ruffalo was pretty smitten with Gwynnie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2015 9:24 AM

Never seen it, OP!

by Anonymousreply 23September 6, 2020 12:11 AM

Watch this wonderful review of the movie. Pretty funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 6, 2020 1:16 AM

R24 I am dying to see this movie now. It sounds amazing.

by Anonymousreply 25September 6, 2020 4:14 AM

R25, it's not amazing. I vaguely remember seeing it ages ago and it didn't really rise above similar kind of comedies in any way. Then again my most rewatched movies are Blade Runner (over 20 times), La Dolce Vita (close to 20 times), T2 (maybe 15 times), The Abyss (around 15 times), Alphaville (around 15 times), Paris, Texas (over 10 times), Wings of Desire (over 10 times), and many many more. If you enjoy watching women doing womanly stuff surrounded by beautiful things then I guess View From the Top is just for you. And there's nothing wrong with that, I have many female heroes (like Modesty Blaise, Nikita and Storm from the X-Men) but there's a limit to my estrogen intake.

by Anonymousreply 26September 6, 2020 4:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!