Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Given the opportunity, Would you change your eye color to blue?

The technology is apparently out for the eye change though it will take sometime before it goes on the market. Bet the most popular eye color is blue. Because blue eyes have always been very popular despite the fact that only 17 percent of the world population possess this eye color. So would you change your eyes to blue or any other color? Why or why not?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 20, 2021 1:57 PM

Im too old for such nonsense.

I have seen the surgery and result, by the way. Its not a very pretty blue. If the surgery is perfected, and is reasonably priced, there would be NO point in doing it, as many insecure subaltern darkies around the world will do it, making it banal.

by Anonymousreply 1September 28, 2015 7:19 PM

Eye color surgery? People can do whatever they want with their bodies but if permanently changing your eye color is high on your list of priorities I have to question your sanity.

My eyes are green and I'm happy with them, I'd be fine if they were brown as well.

by Anonymousreply 2September 28, 2015 7:20 PM

I have blue eyes. Everybody in my family has blue eyes. I find them quite boring. Give me a guy with gorgeous, dark, cocoa-brown eyes and I melt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2015 7:24 PM

Vivid green, yes. Oookie blue, no.

by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2015 7:27 PM

NO! I'd change them to GREEN!

Green eyes are GORG!

by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2015 7:27 PM

This guy has beautiful brown eyes. Handsome too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2015 7:28 PM

Gorg eyes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2015 7:29 PM

I love my baby blues.

by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2015 7:31 PM

More beautiful brown eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 28, 2015 7:31 PM

R7 More spooky than gorgeous. He looks unhinged, and not in a good way,

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2015 7:32 PM

r8, pedophile murderer. How many pairs do you have?

by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2015 7:32 PM

I know someone who signed up for the experimental surgery which is insane, I'd rather avoid medical intervention unless it was absolutely necessary, no way would I let anyone operate on my healthy eyes and I'm happy with my light brown eyes, they fit well with my skin color and hair.

also if someone is ugly or handsome their eye color wouldn't change that.

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2015 7:40 PM

R7 He looks like a future Isis fighter. He looks like the brother of that famous National Geographic cover girl from the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2015 7:45 PM

brown like Julia Roberts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2015 7:46 PM

I have light blue eyes, and I am into Latinos, blacks and Arabs, I don't say no to handsome blue eye guy, but opposite attracts.

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2015 7:47 PM

I already have green eyes. Why would I want blue?

by Anonymousreply 16September 28, 2015 7:53 PM

Brown eyes are nice on some people, but I think with my coloring I would have looked better with light eyes. Oh well, I am still hotter than most people.

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2015 7:53 PM

Will it make my brown eyes blue?

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2015 7:54 PM

Violet is the best, followed by blue, green and hazel. Brown is for the other 6.9 billion people.

by Anonymousreply 19September 28, 2015 7:55 PM

Light eyes are especially striking when in contrast to darker skin. I don't notice eye color in extremely fair white people. But I always notice lighter eyes against darker complexions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 28, 2015 7:56 PM

No. But I've noticed Asians do this.

by Anonymousreply 21September 28, 2015 8:18 PM

I have hazel eyes. They're green with a kind of amber disc in the middle all surrounded by a silver ring. I think they're pretty unique so I have no interest in blue eyes.

I thought that green was the least common eye color.

by Anonymousreply 22September 28, 2015 8:21 PM

I LOVE blue eyes, but sadly don't have them (my mother has the most gorgeous China blue eyes).

If it were totally safe and reasonbly priced, I probably would have done it long ago.

by Anonymousreply 23September 28, 2015 8:26 PM

My eyes are green and I have no desire to change their color. I have many blue-eyed family members (German and Norwegian background), and I prefer my own color. Even if I didn't, I wouldn't get a procedure to change it. I'm extremely near-sighted and have never had lasix to correct that because the thought of eye surgery freaks me out, so I definitely wouldn't mess around with my eyes just for vanity reasons.

by Anonymousreply 24September 28, 2015 8:29 PM

I have brown eyes. I wear corrective contact lenses, clear, green and grey. I love green eyes, always have. I would never permanently change my eye color.

Blue lenses give me a cold look, but that's my coloring. The green looks realistic because it's more subtle. The grey are fun, but not weird.

by Anonymousreply 25September 28, 2015 8:45 PM

Oh never, I have big brown Persian eyes and they contrast really well with my pale skin. Even if I hated them, they'd at least protect me from sun damage, being brown. Who subjects themselves to unnecessary eye surgery anyway?? Eyes are too delicate for that crap.

by Anonymousreply 26September 28, 2015 8:46 PM

R26 is a muslim terrorist!

by Anonymousreply 27September 28, 2015 8:57 PM

I have my fathers eyes. No, I would not change them.

by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2015 9:27 PM

Not blue. Maybe if a vivid, dark purple were available, though ...

by Anonymousreply 29September 28, 2015 9:39 PM

my hazel eyes read pale gray and are fucking gorgeous. why would i opt for something so common as blue?

by Anonymousreply 30September 28, 2015 9:41 PM

Hmmm...I thought someone would have identified the OP as the PMBT by now.

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2015 9:46 PM

Blue eyes = common and basic

by Anonymousreply 32September 28, 2015 9:47 PM

I registered it early R31 and got in a critical dig about sub-altern darkies and how they'd quickly ruin the novelty and thus rationale for doing it.

by Anonymousreply 33September 28, 2015 10:42 PM

I would change my eye color if it would help me to advance in my program or to sell more textbooks at inflated prices.

by Anonymousreply 34September 28, 2015 11:58 PM

R28 is a murderer and body-part collector!

Where did you hide the rest of his body, you sicko?!?

by Anonymousreply 35September 29, 2015 12:04 AM

Green is the rarest colour, as only about 3% of people have it.

My eyes are green with a golden ring around the pupil, and I get compliments on them all the time, even when wearing glasses! Why would I change them to common, boring blue?

by Anonymousreply 36September 29, 2015 12:06 AM

Those are hazel eyes r36.

I've never seen anyone with gray eyes. The only one I've heard of with violet eyes is Elizabeth Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 37September 29, 2015 12:24 AM

No, but I might consider changing my Major/Program though...

by Anonymousreply 38September 29, 2015 12:27 AM

And how many resale books might I get as a bonus?

by Anonymousreply 39September 29, 2015 12:31 AM

R36 has heterochromia. I do too. I love it. My eyes change colors depending on what I wear.

by Anonymousreply 40September 29, 2015 12:39 AM

More specifically, R36 has central heterochromia.

by Anonymousreply 41September 29, 2015 12:41 AM

I have Paul Newman blue eyes. It has made me life so much easier. I'd highly recommend the surgery.

by Anonymousreply 42September 29, 2015 12:44 AM

My eyes are olive green. Wouldn't change the color for anything

by Anonymousreply 43September 29, 2015 12:45 AM

I wouldn't change mine to blue but violet like Elizabeth Taylor's or hazel. I'm black/biracial and I have dark brown black eyes. I have always hated their color and felt they were to dark for my skin tone

by Anonymousreply 44September 29, 2015 12:51 AM

haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 29, 2015 3:15 AM

re: heterochromia

my mom will be so happy- there is something hetero about me!

by Anonymousreply 46September 29, 2015 3:17 AM

R46 Ha!

by Anonymousreply 47September 29, 2015 3:27 AM

I have brown eyes with blue flex.

by Anonymousreply 48September 29, 2015 3:30 AM

I think you mean "flecks", r48.

by Anonymousreply 49September 29, 2015 3:37 AM

Those eyes are the same color as mine, R45. I dislike brown eyes, but anything else is OK. I had no idea they had a term for them.

by Anonymousreply 50September 29, 2015 3:46 AM

I have green-blue eyes and get complimented on my eyes often. My eye shape is nothing special and my eyes are kinda small so it is a good thing the color is striking. I love hazel, blue and brown eyes; all of my significant others coincidentally had blue eyes. However I am not wild about light blue eyes. They have a "watery" and shallow look; they look terrible with light skin and white hair. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 51September 29, 2015 3:56 AM

I recently read that people with blue eyes are all descended from one common ancestor. Apparently, until 10,000 years ago, everyone had brown eyes, but then a genetic mutation occurred in one individual, affecting the OCA2 gene, which is involved in the production of melanin, the pigment that gives color to our hair, eyes and skin. This mutation resulted in the creation of a genetic switch, and rather than completely turning off the gene (i.e. the cause of albinism), the switch limits its action, which reduces the production of melanin in the iris. In effect, diluting brown eyes to blue.

Anyway, the DNA of around 800 people with blue eyes from multiple parts of the world were analyzed. Out of all of the participants, 99.5% had the same mutation in the OCA2 gene. In other words, they shared common DNA, much like relatives. This also indicates that one person is responsible for this mutation.

by Anonymousreply 52September 29, 2015 3:59 AM

I have large almond shaped dark brown eyes, they are deep dark, sultry pools of mystery.

I've been in love with a blue eyed man, but his eyes really did nothing for me. I've been in love with a dark brown eyed man, and I drowned in those eyes every time I looked at them. They were hypnotic, mesmerizing. They made me feel like a child. I was helpless.

by Anonymousreply 53September 29, 2015 4:06 AM

People with pretty eyes are answering this with variations on "no--why would I?" It's annoying and irrelevant. This question is obviously meant for people with boring, nondescript, basic brown eyes. No heterochromes or hazels allowed (eg Julia Roberts' eyes are too pretty to qualify).

by Anonymousreply 54September 29, 2015 4:15 AM

R52 = jealous brown-eyed who'd love to think that all blue-eyed people are inbred!

by Anonymousreply 55September 29, 2015 4:17 AM

sure old or young no matter give me some baby blues

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 29, 2015 4:19 AM

R54, that is not what was asked, and it's ridiculous. Prettiness in eyes is not just about color. There are many people with blue eyes and their eyes are nothing special or pretty. Then there are those who had pretty blue eyes, but age made them no longer pretty. (I'm looking at YOU, Brooke Sheilds.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 29, 2015 4:28 AM

I have blue eyes, and trust me if you have blue eyes you really don't care much about it.

I would never have elective eye surgery, the eyes are much too delicate. If something happens to your eyesight, you are totally fucked because there is nothing that can be done to correct it.

by Anonymousreply 58September 29, 2015 4:28 AM

Incidentally, the pic above of Brooke is what most people's blue eyes look like, not like the pic at R56. That kind of blue eye is rare.

by Anonymousreply 59September 29, 2015 4:30 AM

Is this a trick question?

by Anonymousreply 60September 29, 2015 4:31 AM

No, I don't care for blue eyes. They remind me of fish eyes.

by Anonymousreply 61September 29, 2015 4:45 AM

I have blue-green eyes, but I'd prefer it if I could lighten them up. Blue eyes aren't worth much if they're too dark to be noticeable.

by Anonymousreply 62September 29, 2015 4:49 AM

[quote] I have large almond shaped dark brown eyes, they are deep dark, sultry pools of mystery.

Never was the reaction "Mary!" more deserved!

by Anonymousreply 63September 29, 2015 5:29 AM

I used to think my hazel eyes were common, then recently I learned they're actually a little rarer than blue eyes (though still not as rare as green).

by Anonymousreply 64September 29, 2015 5:31 AM

Nope, because I have green eyes. Was vaguely annoyed when coloured contacts came out because people began asking me if my eyes were 'real'. Besides, I'm a sucker for those melty brown long lashed eyes some men are blessed with...

by Anonymousreply 65September 29, 2015 5:36 AM

R28=Adrian Woodhouse

by Anonymousreply 66September 29, 2015 5:45 AM

It's fun to play game with vision, but don't play games with your eyes.

by Anonymousreply 67September 29, 2015 5:55 AM

I have green eyes, and they do change with what I wear. Also when I cry, they turn bright green. My sister had beautiful brown eyes with copper flecks. I'd never change hers or mine.

by Anonymousreply 68September 29, 2015 6:17 AM

You bitches are just jealous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 29, 2015 6:35 AM

I have aqua blue eyes and get compliments all the time

by Anonymousreply 70September 29, 2015 9:51 AM

I have blue-green eyes, green in the center that flows into a nice dark blue-grey around the outside. If I get a bad headache (which I haven't had in years) my eyes go dark emerald green. It's pretty awesome.

That said, I LOVE brown eyes. Give me dark brown eyes with long eyelashes and I will stare into them for days.

by Anonymousreply 71September 29, 2015 12:43 PM

Mine kinda change from dark green in the day to chocolate brown at night.

by Anonymousreply 72September 29, 2015 2:56 PM

What color are these eyes? Are they the elusive violet? Whatever they are, they're stunning...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 29, 2015 5:46 PM

No wonder Annie Lennox sang: "Catch me and let me dive under For I want to swim in the pools of your eyes"

Can you imagine "For I want to swim in the mud of your eyes"?

by Anonymousreply 74September 29, 2015 11:08 PM

Where do I sign up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 29, 2015 11:20 PM

My eyes are green but "sometimes" they are red in pictures.

by Anonymousreply 76September 29, 2015 11:22 PM

Just eat lots of donuts, like the song says.

by Anonymousreply 77September 30, 2015 1:06 AM

No I would not change my eye color. They are blue. Love guys with olive complexions and green eyes. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 78September 30, 2015 1:08 AM

No. They're my least favorite eye color. I'd change mine to [bold]black[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 79September 30, 2015 1:57 AM

I have blue eyes with very dark lashes and TBH I've never given it a second thought. People have the coloring that suits them by nature, one eye color isn't better than another. I do get a lot of compliments about my eyes but as I didn't do anything to get them it seems a bit pointless. Compliment me on my hard work or an achievement and I'm happy, genetic trait? Not so bothered.

by Anonymousreply 80September 30, 2015 3:00 AM

As a red-head with green eyes, I'd say no. Most red-heads have blue eyes, so it's good to be a bit different, although red-heads with brown eyes are hotter than both green and blue.

by Anonymousreply 81September 30, 2015 3:19 AM

Blue no. Deep green yes.

by Anonymousreply 82September 30, 2015 3:24 AM

I thought one can wear contacts to change eye color? I wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 83September 30, 2015 3:32 AM

Green eyes are the most beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 84September 30, 2015 3:33 AM

I only date guys with blue eyes. It's just my preference.

by Anonymousreply 85September 30, 2015 3:52 AM

Honestly, everyone looks best with their natural eye color. I work in an extremely ethnically diverse environment, and every day I see otherwise attractive people looking like fools with their ridiculous colored contacts. They never seem to float correctly, and frequently seem to move ever so slightly off center giving the wearer a faintly wall-eyed look. The wearers think they make their eyes "pop." Yes, they get my attention but not in a good way. I have a strong suspicion that the eye-color changing surgery would have a similarly disturbing result. People would stare at your eyes, not because they are such a beautiful color, but because they are trying to figure out what is wrong with them. But I have no problem at all with changing your hair color. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 86September 30, 2015 3:57 AM

So grateful of my blue green aqua eyes with amber starburst around my pupil. Blows away the blues To keep them light, I always sport sunglasses because you can actually tan your eyes in the sun. The only brown eyes I find hot are almond shaped, Asian or NA. Envious brown eyed people are so truly sad Let me pour one out to my ancestors .

by Anonymousreply 87September 30, 2015 4:53 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 30, 2015 5:11 AM

Newsflash: Kanye and Kim have already booked a place for this procedure...

Expect blue-eyed Kim to hit the cover of Vogue very shortly.

by Anonymousreply 89September 30, 2015 9:33 AM

My old buddy, Joe, worked as a doctor in Europe years ago. He would do all kinds of fun experiments to alter children's eye color. This was all done in some type of summer camp, I believe. My friend Dr. Mengele was not successful in his atempts, but I am glad today's scientists will soon be fulfilling his dream.

by Anonymousreply 90September 30, 2015 1:27 PM

As a 9 year old in 1989, I attended summer camp for the first time. This was a year after my adoption. One of the girls had one dark brown eye and one sky blue eye. I was very fascinated, because I came from a Central American country, where being lighter = more beautiful. If you had dark skin but light-colored eyes, then you were even more of an anomaly, but a treasured one.

Anyway, I asked the girl what happened to her eyes, and she told me that she'd had this operation that made her change her eye color. All she had to do was press the area right below her eye and it would change from brown to blue and back again. She said she could have both brown eyes or both blue eyes, but she felt this was a better style, like mismatched socks. Of course, I asked her to show me how she changed her eye color(s), but she never did. When my adoptive parents picked me up at the end of the week, on the ride back home, I wouldn't shut up about the eye color operation and asked if I could have it, too. They were like "WTF?" But they humored me by saying that I'd just had one major operation (the previous December, I'd had reconstructive surgery on my hand, because it had been badly burned in Guatemala as a tot and had been useless for many years) and that my body could only handle so much surgery at a time.

Needless to say, I was disappointed. But I continued to believe the girl's claims for many years. I was a very gullible and naive kid.

by Anonymousreply 91September 30, 2015 3:40 PM

R91, that's great that the girl was able to have fun with it at such a young age!

by Anonymousreply 92September 30, 2015 4:55 PM

I have blue-green eyes and would want some variation on that if I didn't have them, but I'd be afraid this technology would affect my vision in some way they don't know about yet, so no.

by Anonymousreply 93September 30, 2015 5:00 PM

Brown eyes are the sexiest.

by Anonymousreply 94October 2, 2015 3:47 PM

[/quote]Because blue eyes have always been very popular despite the fact that only 17 percent of the world population possess this eye color.

What world do you live in? Caucasions don't even make up 17 percent of the world population much less those with blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 95October 2, 2015 4:30 PM

[quote] Caucasions don't even make up 17 percent of the world population much less those with blue eyes.

"Caucasions"? Oh, dear.

And you DO realize that Arabs, Indians, Pakistanis, Hispanics, etc. are all CAUCASIANS? It's not just Europeans.

by Anonymousreply 96October 3, 2015 12:07 AM

Our most famous eyes ever!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 3, 2015 12:12 AM

I wouldn’t, OP. I think part of the appeal of beautiful blue eyes is that not everyone has them.

by Anonymousreply 98February 20, 2021 12:41 AM

People have already been doing it for over a decade. It's a sludgy opaque blue, not sparkling at all.

I always wanted dark blue eyes but when I tried to dark blue contacts they didn't suit me at all so I'm happy to stick with dark brown.

by Anonymousreply 99February 20, 2021 12:44 AM

'So grateful of my blue green aqua eyes with amber starburst around my pupil.'

But not grateful for your grasp of prepositions, huh?

by Anonymousreply 100February 20, 2021 12:47 AM

People with brown eyes tend to have long dark eyelashes whereas blue eyed people are often stuck with blond lashes.

by Anonymousreply 101February 20, 2021 12:50 AM

I have blue eyes and black eyelashes, as did/does everyone in my family-grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts.

by Anonymousreply 102February 20, 2021 1:00 AM

i have green eyes, and i would never change them. like r68, when i cry my eyes turn a vivid emerald color. i used to think green was the rarest color (2% of world population), but it turns out that there are "gray" eyes, which i didn't know, which is the rarest (1%). i've gotten compliments on my eyes my entire life. my natural hair color is a chestnut-red color (now getting gray though).

by Anonymousreply 103February 20, 2021 1:04 AM

My eyes are an unusual shade already, with a [italic]partial heterochromia [/italic] structure. My siblings have it, too.

So, no. Blue would be boring.

by Anonymousreply 104February 20, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote]Hmmm...I thought someone would have identified the OP as the PMBT by now.

Years later and this was still my first thought when seeing this thread.

by Anonymousreply 105February 20, 2021 1:10 AM

Blue, no. Green, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 106February 20, 2021 1:13 AM

Is this the surgery we're talking about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 20, 2021 1:14 AM

No. Blue eyes are overrated.

by Anonymousreply 108February 20, 2021 1:15 AM

Haha no I wouldn’t.

by Anonymousreply 109February 20, 2021 1:15 AM

r10 must be Samantha Eggar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 20, 2021 1:16 AM

I have big, light crystal blue eyes, people have commented on them my whole life. Frankly they're a pain in the ass because they have no ability to block light naturally.

Even a small amount of overhead lighting and the resulting glare on things makes my eyes and muscles around my eyes twitch. I hope if people are getting a surgery for really light eyes they know that they may wind up basically living like a vampire

by Anonymousreply 111February 20, 2021 1:17 AM

Dark blue eyes look nice but the light ice blue ones creep me out for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 112February 20, 2021 1:18 AM

Love blue eyes but I wear contacts and have never even bothered to get blue tinted contacts so I doubt I would get the surgery. I am scared of getting Lasik so I doubt I would get surgery to change the color. I have green eyes but no one ever seems to notice unless I am wearing a green shirt and then I get compliments on my green eyes.

by Anonymousreply 113February 20, 2021 1:23 AM

These people look freakish for the most part in their after photos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114February 20, 2021 1:24 AM

[quote]i have green eyes, and i would never change them. like [R68], when i cry my eyes turn a vivid emerald color. i used to think green was the rarest color (2% of world population), but it turns out that there are "gray" eyes, which i didn't know, which is the rarest (1%). i've gotten compliments on my eyes my entire life. my natural hair color is a chestnut-red color (now getting gray though).

Same here on both eye and hair. The hair color is referred to as chestnut auburn. I still have a full head of it at 60 with a few streaks of grey.

by Anonymousreply 115February 20, 2021 1:27 AM

R114 Ugly just ugly.

by Anonymousreply 116February 20, 2021 1:38 AM

I have brown eyes that look green in the sunlight. I have thick dark eyebrows and thick dark long lashes and don't need to wear sunglasses really, unless somewhere with mad sun like the Maldives. I would hate to be saddled with sunglasses all the time.

by Anonymousreply 117February 20, 2021 2:05 AM

Those people at R114's link look like they need an exorcism.

by Anonymousreply 118February 20, 2021 2:07 AM

No, bright brown eyes are best.

by Anonymousreply 119February 20, 2021 2:08 AM

I had blue eyes as a child and now they're hazel. Although I like the hazel color., I'd love to have my blue eyes back because I have dark features.

by Anonymousreply 120February 20, 2021 3:10 AM

Weird how genetics work out. My mother and my brothers have blue eyes. My father, my sister, and I have brown eyes. Mine have gotten more hazel the older I’ve gotten.

by Anonymousreply 121February 20, 2021 3:22 AM

I hate blue eyes. They aren't gentle like other eye colours. They're harsh looking while also looking washed out.

by Anonymousreply 122February 20, 2021 5:10 AM

No. I have Emerald green eyes. Staying as is. I think Brown Eyes are warm and gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 123February 20, 2021 5:33 AM

They should call this the Dorothy Syndrome from when she was having her day of beauty in Emerald City and asked them to dye her eyes to match her gown “Jolly good town!”

by Anonymousreply 124February 20, 2021 5:46 AM

R65 - I know what you mean. This picture and the knowledge that those spectacular, liquid brown eyes and their ability to see were lost to AIDS made me cry. Most beautiful brown eyes I ever saw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 20, 2021 7:26 AM

I have brown eyes and have always wanted my mom's Paul Newman eyes that got raves all her life. But yeah, some blue eyes aren't all that but those few that are, look amazing. Also, it's interesting what a different eye color can do for someone. Sick of the endless fogging of my glasses due to masks, I went to an optical store with my roommate to get some spray that helps keep them from fogging (really works, especially in this climate where you go from humid and cold outside into the store and it is humid and hot). My roommate also has brown eyes and she got a sample of those steel gray contacts which, over dark brown eyes TOTALLY changed her appearance. On our Zoom meeting happy hour, our older boss from Santa Barbara was saying he sees Joan Collins. I personally haven't tried any colored contacts and the images at R114 look grotesque, especially what they did to the African-American eyes which is far too artificial. The rest look like a murky blue which is also nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 126February 20, 2021 7:33 AM

I have very dark brown eyes. I've never even had the idea of changing the colour cross my mind. I get complimented on them a lot, but even if I didn't, I can't imagine thinking about changing them.

Everyone's features are what makes them who they are. All these people changing themselves to fit a fad are just making themselves boring and uninteresting and everyday. And then the fad will change, and where will they be then? Letting Dr Frankenstein practice on their bodies again, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 127February 20, 2021 7:37 AM

R127 - personally, I think that is a healthy attitude. I love brown eyes.

by Anonymousreply 128February 20, 2021 7:42 AM

"17 percent of the world population possess this eye color." I just don't find this believable. 17% of the white population, maybe. But whole world population? No. How would that be possible?

by Anonymousreply 129February 20, 2021 7:43 AM

I inherited my mom's dark brown eyes, and no, I wouldn't change them. My dad's eyes are a really nice, light shade of green, but I still wouldn't want them—my eye color "fits" me, I guess. I don't know if there is a correlation or not, but I also tend to like men with dark eyes; in a lot of cases, blue eyes are a turn-off for me. Weirdly, the ultimate double-whammy is a natural blond with brown eyes, which you rarely see. I don't know why, but that combination sends my libido through the roof.

by Anonymousreply 130February 20, 2021 7:47 AM

My brother has hazel eyes (which often look green) and his wife has dark brown eyes and somehow both their kids have bright blue eyes. Isn't that supposed to be impossible?

by Anonymousreply 131February 20, 2021 7:51 AM

I have green/blue eyes and have always wanted dark eyes. Guess grass is always greener theory, no? My husband has beautiful brown eyes and I love them.

by Anonymousreply 132February 20, 2021 7:57 AM

Don't it make your brown eyes blue?

by Anonymousreply 133February 20, 2021 7:57 AM

I remember being in high school in Glendale, California and how there was a time when all the minority kids would get blue or green contacts. It was crazy. Back then, they looked particularly artificial and did them no favors. Their own natural eyes were much prettier. Sure, the Armenians got called "Armos" but look at what the Kardashians (and I hate them too) did for Armenian eyes...you just have to be astute enough to understand how to do you but better. An old shop bottom I dated back in the day did make-up and I swear, even after he retired, women would call him to do their makeup for weddings and other things and it was his line "you, but better". He would play up Armenian and Persian women's huge eyes and lashes, and use gorgeous warm hues on olive skin that were subtle....literally his before and after pictures were amazing simply by playing up what nature made and not hiding it. Obviously, things like acne and such are different.

by Anonymousreply 134February 20, 2021 8:02 AM

r134 why don't people put fake eyelashes on pimples?

by Anonymousreply 135February 20, 2021 8:10 AM

Love these sad old queens trying to talk about how their eyes are special in some way...

by Anonymousreply 136February 20, 2021 8:17 AM

My eyes are pale green. I wouldn't change them.

by Anonymousreply 137February 20, 2021 8:20 AM

My eyes changed color rather suddenly when I aged, my eye doctor was the first one to point it out. When I hit about 40 they went from mostly brown to mostly green. So apparently is not unheard of with people who have hazel eyes.

by Anonymousreply 138February 20, 2021 8:41 AM

This guy looks better, but the color looks fake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 20, 2021 8:46 AM

Besides violet eyes being rare, I love the dark blue shade which looks almost teal.

Everyone I knew who had that dark blue shade eyes, they weren't wearing contacts. One was an older Hispanic woman who worked at my doctor's office, she had pale skin. The other, was a man I did visual display with, he had an olive complexion.

by Anonymousreply 140February 20, 2021 8:47 AM

i wonder what my fair skin with chestnut auburn hair would look like with brown eyes? that's a combo you don't see often.

by Anonymousreply 141February 20, 2021 8:51 AM

I have teal eyes but not really dark.

by Anonymousreply 142February 20, 2021 8:52 AM

R141, that describes me, funnily enough. Auburn hair, fair skin, brown eyes. I guess it is quite rare, people point out it's rarity to me quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 143February 20, 2021 9:05 AM

Hazel grey for me please.

by Anonymousreply 144February 20, 2021 9:11 AM

Dear God, you can even get a Groupon for $1,000 off the procedure

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 20, 2021 1:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!