Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Friends who are celebrity whores

I have a few friends who are great until a celebrity is around and they become embarrassing messes. It's tiresome and juvenile.

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2020 5:34 PM

I have chosen never to meet my idols. They're just human like anyone else. It's silly to worship the living.

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2020 1:46 AM

This is why I am glad I came of age in NYC. Enough people I knew got famous and so I am not overly impressed.

I always think that if I had lived somewhere else, I would be more awefilled.

I do have my fanboy moments. But it is usually for writers I like, but not anyone whose name is anything big.

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2020 2:41 AM

I work below the line in film and when I first started, I definitely got starstruck. I cringe when I think back, honestly. It was bad. But I got over it and now they're just people. Some are very cool and I've had nice chats, some remember me, some are just there. I have a few I'd consider acquaintances, none super best friends.

Being in LA, I do know a few people who go to every red carpet and industry event to take and post cringy selfies (look at me with this famous person who looks totally indifferent). CRINGE!

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2020 5:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!