Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's discuss lower/working class and other ignorant Americans.

Why do they think the way they do and often against their own interests in a political sense? Why are they concentrated in the Southeast? Is there hope for the gays among them? Has good nutrition given them some length of bone?

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2020 9:20 PM

The Pentagon has given them the impression that they can be relied on as an employer of last resort, as well as a vehicle of upward mobility, if only we continue to spend more than the rest of the world combined on our military. In that sense, anyway, they are not voting against their interests. It has been carefully calculated how to spread Pentagon dollars to give this result.

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2015 11:54 PM

they think the rich run the system for their own benefit, and that this will never change. and their rich (Republicans) are more likely to throw them the occasional bone than Democrat rich in the big cities.

Cynicism therefore creates the notion that there is nothing to be gained. That and the plain truth that people with memories of the country before the New Deal are all dead, so they have no idea what America was really like without liberal power.

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2015 11:57 PM

THey are also unorganized. The working class people of olden time were politically engaged because unions, service clubs, mutual aid societies, and immigrant cultural assocations all got involved in interpreting politics to them. The political parties were active in every neighborhood and everyone knew who their precinct captains were. Furthermore, journalism was not an ideological desert of conservative orthodoxy. Now they get their "interpretations" from corporate owned news and corporate advertising, and, worst of all, from politicized churches. They think they know more about politics than any generation previous, when in fact they know less.

by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2015 12:01 AM

And let's not forget that everything the INTELLECTUAL class knows about the lower and working classes comes from the same biased corporate owned sources, ones with a vested interest in making them distrust the people. Namely, if you distrust the people, then you will blame them for your political failures rather than criminal manipulation of a privatized voting system. They are trying this same strategy in Canada right noww.

by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2015 12:03 AM

They are also physically unattractive. Let's not forget that.

by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2015 12:04 AM

It would be nice to have more people who voted for the interest of the whole society rather than for their own interest . I don't get the denigration of people who less selfishly look beyond their own interests.

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2015 12:05 AM

Don't sell the other parts of the country short -- I'm currently living in Pennsyltucky.

by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2015 12:11 AM

We need to get rid of the secret ballot R6. Everyone should take resonsibility for their votes and their votes should be published. Not only is it the only REAL check on fraud, it would force people to think about what the hell they are doing. The very first fruit of the secret ballot adopted by Americans was Jim Crow. Lincoln was not elected by secret ballot.

by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2015 2:20 AM

[quote] They are also physically unattractive. Let's not forget that.

Has good nutrition given them some length of bone?

by Anonymousreply 9September 28, 2015 3:18 AM

Poor people irk me.

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2015 3:32 AM

[quote] Poor people irk me.

And they're not good looking either.

by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2015 3:35 AM

they are bible thumping jackasses who stupidly believe in the tea party and don't vote. if they do it's always against their own interests.

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2015 3:41 AM

Lots of poverty and ingrained ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2015 3:45 AM

Bimp

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2015 7:46 AM

The lower/working class and other ignorant Americans?

The ones who liberated Dauchau?

Jews are the truly stupid ones.

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2015 1:06 PM

Part of the American dream has always been aspirational.

Some have hypothesized that working class people who support policies which favor the wealthy do so as part of that aspiration - someday that could be me.

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2015 1:11 PM

They LOVE Yankee Candles.

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2015 1:30 PM

Anti Semite troll blocked. Ah,... nice!

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2015 1:52 PM

Unless you're independently wealthy, you're just working class in an office. Stop kidding yourselves, assimilationist queens.

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2015 2:05 PM

I'm poor but I'm not ignorant, just ugly.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2015 2:06 PM

R19, yeah, everyone here is the working poor. two steps from destitution.

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2015 2:20 PM

SNOBS ARE EXTREMELY UGLY.

by Anonymousreply 22September 30, 2015 2:51 PM

Trollolololol!

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2015 5:47 PM

All Americans can be divided into two categories: those who believe in science and math and who therefore support 9/11 Truth - OR - those who are ignorant and deceived or wicked and deceiving, who support lies and propaganda.

Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth has produced an attractive 50-page pamphlet that proves that 9/11 was an inside job. It's worth a modest amount of your time and money to learn the irrefutable facts behind the biggest crime in modern American history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 30, 2015 5:55 PM

"An attractive fifty page pamphlet."

ATTRACTIVE...oh, my sides.

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2015 1:59 AM

Thanks for then link, Shirl. I left my donation in the Denver International as instructed. When can I pet Ben Vereen?

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2015 2:05 AM

Op

Wow. What a pompous ass.

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2015 2:15 AM

OP, maybe work on yourself and your disdain for your fellow man.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2020 9:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!