Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A bit of Sunday frivolity

Is it real or is it EST, the special soy snowflake edition:

poor [redacted] has been struggling with constipation for the past 2 days. like really straining to poo.

from what i understand toddler constipation is pretty common and i cant really point to anything in her diet and say "that's doing it" she has a very limited diet because of her eating issues.

she eats: soy yogurt avocado hummus soy milk nut butter (so far either pb or almond)

mainly she eats yogurt and avocado. (lately she has eaten so much avocado i actually googled whether avocado could constipate you even though i didnt think it could she also eats small amounts of sweets like ice cream or the CocoWhip we had on strawberry shortcake the other day.

the biggest thing i can think of other than it's just normal for this to happen to toddlers is she doesnt drink enough fluids. she still nurses. it depends on the day how often and she drinks soy milk.

she will drink regular vanilla soymilk if i dont try to hide anything in it.

because of her eating issues anything we give her we want to have calories in it so we give her soymilk and dont really ever give her water

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2020 5:27 AM

Toddlers with food issues? Cut off her food for a few day and she wil learn to eat what's offered. Of course, her mother sounds insufferable and exactly why is she still nursing a toddler?

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2015 11:21 PM

She lost me at toddler and still nurses.

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2015 11:22 PM

Oh shit, mom is a vegan forcing her diet on the kid. Fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2015 11:23 PM

Shocking that a kid eating a diet of paste would be constipated.

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2015 11:26 PM

the only reason the kid has eating issues is because of the mother. christ, there really ought to be a law as to who gets to reproduce.

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2015 11:26 PM

Give the kid away. Do you really want to deal with this nonsense for the next 18 years?

by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2015 11:29 PM

T. Berry Brazelton, noted pediatrician, agrees with R1 and it won't take a few days. Little kids don't willingly starve themselves. They will eat what's given to them if they are hungry. Let them become hungry and - voila! - the food pickiness disappears like magic.

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2015 11:38 PM

This kid is going to be a sitting duck for commercial frankenfood when she gets away from Mom.

by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2015 11:40 PM

revolting breeders and their spawn

by Anonymousreply 9September 27, 2015 11:59 PM

Cure for constipation : kimchi washed down with copious amounts of grape juice.

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2015 1:22 AM

Don't forget a tiny bit of organic prune nectar juice - but I'd keep a nappy handy nearby for the fireworks!

by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2015 1:32 AM

Who the fuck only feeds a child avocados? The child's cholesterol must be through the roof.

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2015 1:35 AM

Just give her a couple of high volume enemas. That’s what they did in the first half of the 20th Century and it always worked. There may be screaming and yowling involved, and you may need help holding her down, but it really will work and she’ll forget about it by tomorrow,

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2015 1:36 AM

For infant constipation it's recommended to swab a bit of liquid soap on the anus. I don't know about a toddler but it still should work - do it when changing the nappies. A bit of mild dish soap or hand soap will do.

The diet as related by OP - especially how limited it is, and with copious amounts of soy - is a clear case of the caretaker not knowing what the fuck they're doing when feeding a child. The late nursing, fine; the actual food given coupled with no or little water is borderline neglect. It also speaks to the fact that the child seems to be in charge. That's crazy and terrible for the child. Seek professional advice. The child is suffering.

by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2015 5:32 AM

The diet and round-the-clock nursing was responsible for a mouthful of teeth being extracted if this is the same toddler from the thread linked below....and the mother's distinctive manner of writing suggests that it is. It came from a vegan message board that was linked somewhere in the DL thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2015 5:58 AM

Call her pediatrician, unless you have a good witchie woman to cast non-constipatuion spells over the child's head.

by Anonymousreply 16September 28, 2015 8:38 AM

Miralax is what will work to break the cycle of constipation. Unfortunately it starts a new cycle of having to use miralax daily in order to have a movement

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2015 11:17 AM

Just out of curiosity OP, where did you see that? It might be entertaining to go and read replies from batshit mommies and their "snowflakes".

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2015 4:22 PM

I'm not OP but here you go, R18. The entire "Playground" section is a seething cauldron of vegan mommy-blogger types and their bizarre rationalizations.

Kid is in the 20th percentile for weight and 95th for height? Can't find underwear small enough to stay up? Nope, couldn't possibly be a problem with the diet of soy milk, soy pudding, and lollipops. Suzie Snowflake must have oral aversion issues. Yes, that's it! Oral aversion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2015 3:20 AM

Another Sunday, another fragile warrior (one who hates paragraphs, apparently) spouting off:

[quote]Feminist theory on the whole has rejected gender as the single most important form of oppression though. bell hooks usually says "white supremacist capitalist patriarchy" and "kyriarchy" has become common place. Because all oppressions are interlocked and really, gendered whether you want them to be or not. Men experience racism, for example, in gendered ways just as women do. Feminism to me is about liberation from the kyriarchy rather than women making small gains every thirty years. And I'm uncomfortable saying feminism skews towards bigotry because instead of lifting up the voices of black feminists, trans feminists, nonbinary feminists etc., it implies that our contributions don't matter and allows their voices to be washed out. As a genderqueer person, I do worry about being kicked out of women only spaces even though I was assigned female at birth and experience sexism as a woman. As a poor person, I really don't give two shiitakes about female CEOs or how many millions an actress is making. But I do feel like my survival in the world is dependent on the success of feminism. I can't afford to throw the baby out with the bathwater, I need the feminist community and the support of feminists, and I need feminist theory to work my way through my own prejudices.

[quote]Other movements that do not hold feminism as a principal are unsafe for me. The feminist label to me is a signal at least of potential safety. Sure, I don't feel safe around TERFs, but they usually announce themselves before I can get invested. The social justice movements back home though, aside from feminism, have always been rife with sexism and sexual harassment. I found out this summer that a man I considered a friend and ally, with whom I have done some anti-classism activism, is a serial rapist. He used his position in social justice circles to entice young girls and convince them to come over to his house, where he would assault them. It has apparently been going on for years and a lot of people knew about it, but nothing was done. The guys back home who focus on class issues don't really care about sexism and sometimes are even hostile against feminism, and I can't trust them to hold anyone accountable for such behavior.

[quote]When people refuse to identify as feminists, I don't really get my hackles up, but I do note them as probably unsafe to come out to or rely on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2015 9:39 PM

This is a strange EST. The constipated brickhouse troll?

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2020 5:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!