Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Found out an ex is a rent boy

Or rather, a paid companion.

He showed up for breakfast this morning wearing a Rolex. I pointed it out and said his job must be paying well. We sat down to eat and I asked what the traveling is like and suddenly he shakes his head and says he's not working a real job and that he's a paid companion for men.

Slack jawed I said you're a rent boy and he corrected me saying paid companion. I asked what the difference was and he said they're worlds apart.

Currently he's a "companion" for a youngish Muslim guy who owns a telecom company in England. After being chastised for being late, my friend said he needed a new watch and the guy bought him the Rolex.

He went to university and studied political science so I assumed all the traveling was for that. Turns out a few years ago he was introduced to a lobbyist who took a shine to him and things went from there. He started introducing my ex around and he says he suddenly saw doors opening for him and he took advantage.

He says he's managed to parlay his connections into boardships on two companies and says when he reaches 30 he plans to start working a proper job using the connections he's made.

I was disappointed when he told me this, but at the same time I was envious that he has managed to make this work in his favour.

He asked if I could pick him up after work on Tuesday and take him to the local BMW dealership to pick up his new car; a gift from another admirer.

by Anonymousreply 42July 6, 2020 10:00 PM

Obviously the work of an English Scented Troll.

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2015 4:15 PM

Extremely Serious Tale, OP!

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2015 4:23 PM

This happened? Never!

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2015 4:36 PM

So what, OP? He found a way to work it. Good for him. Why does everyone have to be a corporate slave? Jealousy is an ugly thing.

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2015 5:00 PM

Envy, not jealousy R4.

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2015 5:00 PM

Another gayling fantasy that somehow a gayling has some movie star looks that are whisking him to wealth that he does not earn or whatever. How tiresome that you bothered to post some utter bullshit fantasy like this.

by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2015 5:04 PM

[quote]Jealousy is an ugly thing.

No, jealousy is a DISEASE! And I spread it!

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2015 5:06 PM

"Envy, not jealousy" troll R5, please explain the difference.

by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2015 5:11 PM

I'll let Homer explain R8.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 27, 2015 5:14 PM

Who better than Homer, R9. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 10September 27, 2015 5:20 PM

I paid my expenses in Ivy League grad school selling my ass and I would never tell my story like this. I have the Rolex, too. So, it is a possibly true story. I just don't believe it is the OP's and ex's story.

by Anonymousreply 11September 27, 2015 5:23 PM

Didn't your parents care enough about you to save money for your education? Seriously, WTF is up with these "I'm whoring to pay my way through college" men and women?

Oh, and OP, in the event your story is not bullshit, nobody has given a shit about Rolex watches since the turn of the century - awful re-sale value. It is all about the Apple Watches, etc. That being said, the names the OP mentioned fir the demographic of a troll (BMW, Rolex) working since the 1980's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 27, 2015 5:30 PM

No my parent's didn't care enough nor make enough to pay years of college and grad school. Duh.

So what. Nowadays, every fifth Tom Dick or Harry young twink sells a little ass or dick to arrondir ses fins de mois. New world order.

by Anonymousreply 13September 27, 2015 5:34 PM

[quote]He says he's managed to parlay his connections into boardships on two companies.

Lol. No CEO is going to put his whore on the board of directors of one of his companies. Unless it's a fake company.

by Anonymousreply 14September 27, 2015 5:35 PM

R12 would turn down a $12k Rolex for an Apple watch just to fit in with the Millennials.

R14 and I'm sure a Time Publishing executive would never buy his boyfriend's magazine. Just ask Tyler Brule.

by Anonymousreply 15September 27, 2015 5:42 PM

This is my wisdom from the experience:

1) Get cash

2) People will judge you so there is no point playing semantics about what the job title is. Whore, rentboy, trade, "paid companion" - really ick no on the last one...

3) MAJOR mistake not to be working in one's 20's. Or ever, really. This ex bf current whore is going to find it difficult if not impossible to reenter the job market.

4)Johns are deluded and want to hear that you "love them". It is not just an "elegant arrangement" for a "companion". They say that is what it is but in the end they are totally deluded and want you to love them or ALWAYS pretend that you do.

5) Johns will drop you on a dime, so make sure you follow 1 & 3 above.

6) Johns are not going to end their lives well, but you can if get out as early as possible after meeting your financial needs.

by Anonymousreply 16September 27, 2015 5:49 PM

What a bunch of bullshit. Agreed above - there's no way any board director would bring in some inexperienced twink. His credibility would be over in 2 minutes.

OP - seriously - go write some fiction somewhere else. And get a life while you're at it.

by Anonymousreply 17September 27, 2015 5:55 PM

Lol R15, Tyler Brule.

He really is worthy of his own thread. I always suspect he will commit suicide as he ages, he is always so "on", it must be exhausting.

Oh and I also think the op is full of crap.

by Anonymousreply 18September 27, 2015 6:01 PM

OP, I’d lose him. I don’t want anything to do with someone whose love can be bought. I need someone genuine and someone who will be passionate about me. If you sell passion for money, you must not value it all that much. It’s also concerning how he just casually admitted to all this as if it’s no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2020 12:12 AM

3/10

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2020 12:15 AM

Is your ex's name Aaron Schock?

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2020 12:18 AM

R19/2015 bump queen is back! Hide all the dusty, 5 year old mini threads.

by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2020 12:19 AM

[quote]Didn't your parents care enough about you to save money for your education?

Oh dear! This might come as a shock to you r12, but some people come from families that didn't have much money and no...Daddy wasn't able to just pay for everything for them. They actually have to make it on their own.

by Anonymousreply 23July 6, 2020 12:19 AM

Useless without photos, OP.

by Anonymousreply 24July 6, 2020 12:32 AM

You think he is having more sex or less sex than he did before being a paid companion? Most guys are having a lot of sex for free, if you can find someone who will pay you extravagantly, go for it.

This coming from a guy who has never had any sex outside a long term relationship.

by Anonymousreply 25July 6, 2020 12:36 AM

OP- You write OLD

by Anonymousreply 26July 6, 2020 12:38 AM

Is your rent boy bigger than you?

by Anonymousreply 27July 6, 2020 12:41 AM

He's a whore, darlin'!

by Anonymousreply 28July 6, 2020 12:41 AM

Why not. Get it while he’s young. Life is long- pretty isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 29July 6, 2020 12:43 AM

Something even worse than the Bump Bitch: the "envy, not jealousy" cunt has been infecting us with her particular flavor of venom for at least five years.

by Anonymousreply 30July 6, 2020 12:50 AM

Hilarious! Loved the part about corporate boards. Hope you’re working on the screenplay, but make it believable if you want a little gold statue.

by Anonymousreply 31July 6, 2020 12:56 AM

Jake Orion, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 32July 6, 2020 1:02 AM

All the adjectives gives it away.

by Anonymousreply 33July 6, 2020 1:03 AM

THIS.

NEVER.

HAPPENED.

by Anonymousreply 34July 6, 2020 1:04 AM

ugh. fantasy writer, please go elsewhere. this is not a forum for creative writing. But you're really failing at it because you offered up a few paragraphs and can't get a bunch of bored gay men to even indulge the fantasy that its possibly non-fiction.

by Anonymousreply 35July 6, 2020 1:05 AM

R31 - yes corporations love to fill their boards with young, supple 20 somethings with no direct work experience or success.

But alas, this was 5 years ago, so maybe things were different back then. :)

by Anonymousreply 36July 6, 2020 1:09 AM

Yes, it was slightly believable until OP added the detail about him now being part of the board of directors for two companies. People never know when to stop themselves.

by Anonymousreply 37July 6, 2020 1:12 AM

People who immediately notice a luxury item you're wearing for the first time or a nice brand or something expensive are sometimes some of the nastiest most jealous people you can associate with. They keep a running tally in their head of what each of their friends has (car,house,boat,summer home) to measure himself by in comparison. I would put up a mental flag on you if I was your ex.

by Anonymousreply 38July 6, 2020 1:14 AM

Is the young Muslim guy hot? That's who matters in this story.

by Anonymousreply 39July 6, 2020 1:29 AM

So, OP dated someone hot enough to make a living off his looks/body. And he apparently doesn't have friends in real life to discuss the issues he has with this?

I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 40July 6, 2020 1:54 AM

OP this must have just been and incredible shock to you. I'm so sorry. I hope you are getting some sort of professional help with this shocking, shocking matter.

by Anonymousreply 41July 6, 2020 2:24 AM

Is your friend Jussie Smollett???

by Anonymousreply 42July 6, 2020 10:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!