Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are your thoughts on crushes and romances?

Anyone here in love with the idea of being in love?

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2020 12:06 AM

When you get old and romance isn't a possibility, you better devise something else to pass the time.

And a career doesn't hack it, darlings.

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2015 2:38 AM

I click through the "Men Showing Affection" thread and weep...

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2015 2:43 AM

My body never knew such pleasure. My heart never knew such pain.

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2015 2:57 AM

Both will only bring you misery.

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2015 3:45 AM

I’ve been hurt too many times.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2020 2:19 PM

Romance is fine. Crushes are a bit silly past 16. How old are you?

“Falling in love with love” means you should probably speak to a professional. This is not a likable or positive trait; you will inevitably hurt people, likely multiple people. Start by understanding the difference between lust and love, and learning when your emotions are genuine and spring internally, or when they’re superficial and originate from external influences and pressures.

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2020 2:48 PM

R1 equates romance with sex. How sad.

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2020 2:49 PM

The idea of crushes and in love with the idea of being in love only take you so far.

REAL LOVE is where it’s at.

Having crushes or wanting to find love are not the same as meeting a good guy and spending your life with him.

Most people, including myself, know the difference between the three, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2020 3:06 PM

I crushed on this guy who was giving the sermon at a church. Didnt know him before that date.

Twenty five years later he sleeps in the same bed as me. The crush is still there.

Its possible.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2020 3:26 PM

People who can be with the ones they truly love and have that love returned in equal measure must be the luckiest and happiest people alive. Unrequited love is painful.

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2020 3:36 PM

I agree with the Vulcans. Violent emotion is a kind of insanity.

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2020 3:44 PM

You can't have romance without the suggestion of sex.

I'm too old for more than a few hours of romance and I stick to people within ten years of my age. I've never had a relationship that didn't start with a change of plans that meant we could spend a weekend together.

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2020 12:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!