Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ugly duckling into a swan?

Do you still see yourself as the ugly duckling, or have you accepted your status as a swan?

As a gawky, gangly, gay geek in high school it has taken years to finally accept a compliment on my looks without blushing. I finally learned to say "thank you, that's so kind" instead of blushing and running away.

My cousin was NOT a pretty kid. But, at 16, she is gorgeous with a perfect Beyoncé (36-22-34) body and a cheerleader at school, and she revels in it. She is still sweet and kind, and I think the fact that she was an "ugly duckling" and knew it- her sister was gorgeous from childhood- makes her appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2020 2:03 AM

We all used to laugh when grandpa would head down to the ole fishing hole, but then we wouldn't laugh when he would come back from town with some ole whore.

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2015 12:31 AM

Never happened for me, OP.

Ugly duckling as a kid, ugly duck as a grownup.

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2015 12:48 AM

PMBT.

Waitress: Morning!

Man: Well, what've you got?

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...

Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...

Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!

Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife: Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.

Wife: I don't want ANY spam!

Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?

Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!

Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)

Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?

Waitress: Urgghh!

Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.

Wife: I don't like spam!

Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.

Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)

Vikings: (Singing elaborately...) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2015 1:17 AM

R2 someone what the same with me. I think I got away with just being young before but now I'm older and have just disappeared

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2015 1:56 AM

R3 is deranged.

And most likely ugly.

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2015 7:50 PM

Datalounge definition of ugly: Anyone not currently juggling at least a dozen modeling gigs.

by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2015 8:03 PM

R6-

I'm no model. I can point out my facial flaws to anyone. I'm more Karl Urban than Rob Lowe, but I'm very tall and in good shape.

The only reason I consider myself good-looking is from observation, specifically when I was younger and at gay bars. I always had guys buying me drinks, asking my friends about me (I was never a gay bar guy) and generally hitting on me to the point of discomfort. Or girls chastising me for leading on their girlfriends by not telling them I'm gay after I just spent an hour having a deep conversation with them about music, or history, or science.

I lost at least 2 boyfriends due to the discrepancy in looks. Both were super smart and funny and attractive, but hated that my outward appearance made us seem mismatched.

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2015 8:46 PM

WTF is R3 talking about?

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2020 1:46 AM

It's sweet that OP thinks Beyonce has a 22" waist with 34" hips.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2020 2:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!