Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeb Bush Suggests Black Voters Back Democrats Because of Promises of ‘Free Stuff’

Speaking at a town hall meeting in New Hampshire yesterday, former Florida governor Jeb Bush pulled a Mitt Romney and suggested that the Republican Party wasn’t doing well with black voters because the GOP doesn’t promise “free stuf…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 29, 2020 7:38 AM

Just carrying on the proud Bush tradition of being completely tone-deaf when it comes to racial and ethnic minorities.

by Anonymousreply 1September 26, 2015 2:47 AM

He's ripping off Mittens.

by Anonymousreply 2September 26, 2015 2:47 AM

There's no such thing as a free lunch, fat boy.

by Anonymousreply 3September 26, 2015 3:01 AM

And corporate interests vote Republican so they don't have to pay their share of taxes and get corporate benefits so they become richer and richer (past the point of what they could even spend).

It's about living in a society you sociopath! WHAT the fuck does he know about living in poverty or even middle class?

God I hate Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 4September 26, 2015 3:06 AM

She looka like... Elton John!

by Anonymousreply 5September 26, 2015 3:11 AM

So what's Hermain Cain's excuse idiot?

by Anonymousreply 6September 26, 2015 3:15 AM

JEB looks good in hats, they really suit him, he has the confidence to wear them, which speaks to his confidence overall, this guy is severely underated, no I may not like everything he says, watch out people, trump will be out in the next month or so and carly is really not a true conservative, and carson is an athiest, (even tho he is a creationist), so that really leaves Jeb, so we have Jeb and Clinton when the dust settles.

by Anonymousreply 7September 26, 2015 3:17 AM

This will work out very well for him.

by Anonymousreply 8September 26, 2015 3:22 AM

Didn't his wife try to get free stuff at a jewelry store?

by Anonymousreply 9September 26, 2015 3:27 AM

Hussein promised me free iphone! Still waitng

by Anonymousreply 10September 26, 2015 3:29 AM

Well, this is really going to make minorities want to vote for Republicans. How can they resist?

by Anonymousreply 11September 26, 2015 3:35 AM

This guy is such a fat-faced, tone-deaf putz. His wife tried to avoid paying tax on luxury goods from Paris -- what nerve he has. Also tells women to get their lives together and find a husband when his own (single) daughter has been arrested not only for drugs, but for stealing drugs. Really, really hoping Dogfood! Bush will be frog-marched off the public stage like his churlish pal Mitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 12September 26, 2015 3:40 AM

And they say that he is smartest member of the family ...

,,,but I doubt that. I think Marvin "The Invisible" Bush is the smartest member of the familhy

by Anonymousreply 13September 26, 2015 3:43 AM

Considering his wife's shoplifting habit, I guess he thinks he knows a lot about free stuff.

by Anonymousreply 14September 26, 2015 3:46 AM

Jeb!

The Rethugs are between a rock and a hard place. To bring in their base to vote in the primaries they have to talk like insane right wing morons. To win the general they have to talk like reasonable, centrist politicians. They didn't used to have to swing so far one way and then the other but now they do and it's killing them. Whoever they nominate, he has no shot at the White House.

by Anonymousreply 15September 26, 2015 3:54 AM

Jeb Bush is a lot like his bro, a white collar criminal. Except GW succeeded at it. Jeb's companies tend to go under.

by Anonymousreply 16September 26, 2015 3:59 AM

Some, but a bare minimum, of the dirt. And remember Jeb didn't actually fucking do anything for these companies. He was paid for doing nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 26, 2015 4:06 AM

I've cleverly gone from not wanting him to run for President to engineering every word that comes out of his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 18September 26, 2015 4:11 AM

The reverse Midas touch. Bush is the only one who always made money. Pay for play, that's the Bush way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2015 4:18 AM

Still more, but again, just scratching the surface, this time highlighting the Lehman Brothers scam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2015 4:20 AM

Crooked land deals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2015 4:22 AM

We know he's a dick, R21, why are you posting all this shit about Jeb! Bush? It's not as if any intelligent DLer is going to vote for him, nor will any intelligent DLer be voting for ANY of those slimy Rethuglicans for POTUS. We don't get a lot of Log Cabinettes around here.

by Anonymousreply 22September 26, 2015 4:28 AM

Jeb Bush's ties to voting companies doing business with Florida have yet to be explored by the "journalists" but they are extensive.

by Anonymousreply 23September 26, 2015 4:29 AM

Because R22, some people forget just how bad the Republicans are. They need to be reminded.

by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2015 4:31 AM

Meh. I think you're preaching to the choir, but it's not like there's a shortage of bandwidth. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 25September 26, 2015 4:38 AM

Keep posting things like that, R21. The asshats need it--and we get plenty self loathing freepers here--while the rest of us should take time to read and refresh. We're getting complacent now that we can get married.

by Anonymousreply 26September 26, 2015 4:39 AM

The Neocons blew up the World Trade Center!

Are we going to re-install another front man for that murdering cabal in the White House?

by Anonymousreply 27September 26, 2015 4:42 AM

Oh for fuck's sake. "9/11 truthers" are loons.

by Anonymousreply 28September 26, 2015 4:45 AM

R28=in on it.

by Anonymousreply 29September 26, 2015 4:51 AM

No doubt, R29. One day apologists for the Official Story of 9/11 are going to look around and realize that they are the minority.

Anyone who values science over religion needs to examine all the facts. The official story is demonstrably physically impossible, therefore it is untrue.

by Anonymousreply 30September 26, 2015 4:54 AM

this is al well and done. After some thought, I’ve decided there is a serious point here, that of fame gained through predation, of the rich and privileged eating the future.

by Anonymousreply 31September 26, 2015 5:10 AM

Beware of politicians who promise to protect your hopes and dreams rather than promising to improve your material well-being.

Shit in one hand and fill the other hand with Jeb's hopes for you and see which one gets filled first.

You can bet he plans to give his friends on Wall Street and his masters in Tel Aviv lots of free stuff.

by Anonymousreply 32September 26, 2015 5:29 AM

What an idiot.

Rich Republicans vote republican, because they expect tax breaks.

He is as damn stupid as his brother.

by Anonymousreply 33September 26, 2015 5:36 AM

I don't see what the fuss is all about. I thought those people loved handouts.

by Anonymousreply 34September 26, 2015 5:37 AM

R33, I kinda find him below the bar George W. had. I miss George W after listening to him. At least he had some charisma a little swagger. Jeb is as dorky as his name.

by Anonymousreply 35September 26, 2015 5:39 AM

What a fucking nasty cocksucker Jeb is, and not in the good way!

by Anonymousreply 36September 26, 2015 5:46 AM

Jeb is an astoundingly bad candidate. He may as well drop out now with that other horrific former candidate Scott Walker. These men are total idiots - nothing but puppets for those evil right wing billionaires who are wasting their money on dolts like Jeb. I hope the Republican party is DESTROYED by Democrats in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 37September 26, 2015 9:05 AM

Yeah JEB!, whatever.

If I stipulate your assertion, will you and your ilk agree that greedy Republicans like "free stuff" just as much that costs MUCH MORE -- like tax breaks, tax loopholes, lax offshoring regulations, and corporate welfare?

JEB!, the American laid off worker knows all too well that the so-called Republican "job creators" will re-create their job in another country if it will improve the bottom line. And not think two seconds about not doing it.

by Anonymousreply 38September 26, 2015 1:24 PM

This guy is more of a retard than his brother and father - and that's REALLY saying something.

by Anonymousreply 39September 26, 2015 1:48 PM

Do you meet the low income requirements, r10?

If so, go to any phone store, fill out the paperwork, and get a cheap flip phone with a few minutes added per minutes per month.

Don't lie on your application because it will be cross checked with your tax return.

Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 40September 26, 2015 4:21 PM

So who's really going to be the nominee? Not this jackass. Marco Rubio? It's not going to be Bobby Jindal. Trump? God knows they're doing everything they can to discredit him, and it doesn't seem to be working. If he said, "I love Hitler," his fanboys would vote for him even more. There's nothing he could possibly say that would turn them off. But how many are they?

by Anonymousreply 41September 26, 2015 6:36 PM

[quote]If he said, "I love Hitler," his fanboys would vote for him even more.

The grandfather of President George Walker Bush (Skull & Bones, 1968) was Prescott Bush (Skull & Bones, 1917), and his great grand father was George Herbert Walker. Prescott Bush and George Herbert (Bert) Walker were directors of the London-affiliated New York banking house of Brown Brothers-Harriman and its various fronts, which funded and directed the military-industrial complex behind Hitler and the Nazi revolution.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 26, 2015 6:40 PM

Free stuff?

Is that like when his fugly daughter tried to masquerade as a doctor to get free stuff from Walgreen's?

by Anonymousreply 43September 26, 2015 6:58 PM

Jeb! will crash and burn and it will be amusing. They'll probably end up with Rubio, who is nowhere near ready and will lose in a landslide to Hillary Clinton.

Unless they all crash and burn, a distinct possibility, at which point Mittens or McCain comes in (as he's dying to do) and "saves" the day. They will also lose in a landslide to Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 44September 26, 2015 7:08 PM

Rubio is just a slick-talker with no substance like Fiorina - everything they spout out falls apart when examined closely. They are nothing but liars.

by Anonymousreply 45September 26, 2015 9:00 PM

I'm not advocating for Rubio, R45, I'm just saying that he's the guy they may end up with as a nominee. In a weak Republican field like this one anything can happen, even a schmuck like Rubio. .

by Anonymousreply 46September 26, 2015 9:17 PM

Yes R46, I understood what you were saying. It's just scary to think how easily voters can be fooled by slicksters like Rubio and Fiorina and since the press hates Hillary, they will be pushing hard for those two phonies to go far in the race.

by Anonymousreply 47September 26, 2015 9:47 PM

Jeb is such a loser he is behind a black neurosurgeon in a REPUBLICAN race. Just proves that $100m cant buy influence or popularity for that bore.

by Anonymousreply 48September 26, 2015 10:01 PM

isn't Bush's daughter a hopeless drug addict and didn't his younger son get into a bar brawl while he was underage? Great family values.

by Anonymousreply 49September 26, 2015 10:14 PM

Yes, R49, his kids are dysfunctional fuck ups and there are several unfortunate issues with his wife. The Rethuglicans will be able to stomach the fucked up kids (sort of) but the fucked up wife is going to take him down in a hurry.

Even without the disastrous wife and kids, if Jeb!'s the nominee the Clintons will bury him and not break a sweat. That's actually true of all the potential Rethuglican nominees.

Good times.

by Anonymousreply 50September 26, 2015 10:35 PM

The rich and powerful always represent the past, never the future. Sometimes, they need to be reminded of that.

by Anonymousreply 51September 26, 2015 10:41 PM

R13, the fetus Barbara Bush kept in a jar after her miscarriage is the smartest member of that family, because it had the sense to opt out of joining.

by Anonymousreply 52September 26, 2015 10:44 PM

Jeb! has looked exhausted from the beginning of the race. He is dogfood no dog wants to eat.

by Anonymousreply 53September 29, 2015 1:08 AM

Duly noted Jeb!

by Anonymousreply 54September 29, 2015 1:15 AM

He got free stuff his whole life.

by Anonymousreply 55September 29, 2015 1:49 AM

He's less danerous than GWB in the sense of being less bold and clever; and more dangerous in being more fanatical in his political beliefs as well as smarter and more energetic.

by Anonymousreply 56September 29, 2015 2:09 AM

Jeb! Just repeats mantras at every public appearance. He 's hopelessly in over his head and just looks void of any energy on every level.

Trump - while (ahem) not the perfect candidate is engaged, shows enthusiasm, vision. I hate his foolish female remarks, but this silliness is precisely the trait that people ironically associate with authenticity.

Clinton looks defeated already and I would PAY to watch a debate between Trump and Clinton. Clinton has a few achilles heels - and having been sequestered in a political bubble or ivory tower most of her life - won't know what hit her when Trump's done with her. He'll wipe that silly smile off her face in round 1 and by round 2 - he'll just stick a fork in her because she'll done as a dinner.

by Anonymousreply 57September 29, 2015 2:50 AM

In a way he's right.

by Anonymousreply 58September 29, 2015 2:52 AM

Jeb REALLY IS low-energy!

by Anonymousreply 59September 29, 2015 6:25 AM

[quote]In a way he's right.

He's right in the same way that Louis XVI of France and Tsar Nicholas II of Russia were right.

by Anonymousreply 60September 29, 2015 6:59 AM

Someone replied on a Huffpo story about this that the only people that ever got anything free in America were rich white slaveowners. They got free labor to build America (and their own fortunes) for about 300 years. The freed slaves didn't even get their promised 40 acres and a mule as compensation.

I wish someone said that to Jeb! I'd like to hear his pissy, disgruntled answer.

by Anonymousreply 61September 30, 2015 2:49 PM

All those rich Americans get free stuff from Republican governments

by Anonymousreply 62September 30, 2015 3:54 PM

R17, Hillary will wipe Trump clean.

You can't get away with policies being solely "It's going to be great!" when you're up against Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 63September 30, 2015 3:56 PM

Interesting how the Republicans always point to black when they talk about "free stuff" (like welfare) but don't mention the equallly poor whites in rural areas getting more of that free stuff.

by Anonymousreply 64September 30, 2015 3:57 PM

Republicans get much of their vote from poor whites who think they earned their benefits (unlike blacks).

by Anonymousreply 65September 30, 2015 4:03 PM

I wouldn't want to jinx things by saying Jeb won't become President. No one in a million years could have guessed that W would ever manage it.

by Anonymousreply 66October 1, 2015 1:04 AM

JEB IS A MESS!

by Anonymousreply 67November 29, 2020 7:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!