Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How often do you cry? How often is too often?

This morning I was getting ready for work and listening to the radio and a song came on from my brother's favorite band and I started thinking about him and his death and stared crying. That's been happening a lot lately, becoming really emotional over small things.

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2020 11:29 AM

Men can only cry when their dog dies.

by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2015 8:05 PM

I cry usually at church during praise and worship

by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2015 8:08 PM

Man up, Petunia!

by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2015 8:49 PM

I cry all the time. At least a few times a week.

by Anonymousreply 4September 25, 2015 8:57 PM

Maybe once you're out of that awful job, John. Now come to bed.

by Anonymousreply 5September 25, 2015 8:59 PM

I cry almost every day. Today, I cried after reading an article about Syrian kids prostituting themselves in Lebanon. I laugh every day as well so it's not like I'm a complete mess but in my average day I tend to run the full gamut of emotions. Isn't that normal?

by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2015 8:59 PM

It's normal if you are a lady.

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2015 9:08 PM

Only sissies cry.

by Anonymousreply 8September 25, 2015 10:15 PM

Crying everyday isn't normal... Sorry

by Anonymousreply 9September 25, 2015 10:24 PM

Evry night.my mussy so lonely

by Anonymousreply 10September 25, 2015 10:30 PM

I cry couple of times a year. Don't remember if I've really cried this year properly. I should, crying releases tension and calms you down.

I do tear up watching certain movies. One of the more satisfying movie cries I had was watching Olympus Has Fallen last year. What can I say, I'm into heroism.

I'm certainly not a stone face but I admit I don't like the feeling of constantly feeling too much. There are periods of time when life is shit and I feel like I'm on the verge of tears many times a day. At those times I'm usually feeling angry a lot. A satisfying cry usually is a good solution although nice workout might do the same as well.

by Anonymousreply 11September 25, 2015 11:18 PM

I cried last night watching Finding Nemo, go figure. And i'm not 12.

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2015 11:27 PM

Only from watching sad movies or tv shows. Almost never for personal/life reasons. I can't even remember the last time that happened.

by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2015 11:28 PM

It's too often if you have stopped experiencing feelings of contentment and have lost your sense of humor OP. Then it's depression. Nothing wrong with crying regularly, life can be very tough and it releases calming chemicals. Just make sure you are also experiencing feelings of wellbeing, and are getting some fun.

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2015 11:34 PM

As I've gotten older (only 38!), I've started to cry at anything and everything. Movies, tv shows, commercials. I even cry over big sporting events now - Super Bowl, World Series,etc.

by Anonymousreply 15September 26, 2015 12:22 AM

I cried more when I was younger (20s and 30s). Then something within shifted and I realized that crying was emotionally and physically draining.

Now, in my 50s, I am more sentimental, empathetic towards people but the crying and physical impact is just too exhausting. I also realized, looking back over my life, that crying over failed relationships was a huge waste of time. I once saw a psychologist right after a break, but was OK even relieved.

The psychologist asked me how I pulled through that and other challenges. I just simply said that every morning when I wake up, "I press the Happy Button." She sat there for a few seconds in stunned silence and calmly told me: "Most people don't realize they have the power to control their reactions or emotions." She told our consultation was over since I didn't need her help.

by Anonymousreply 16September 26, 2015 7:06 AM

When I first quit drinking, I cried every day for six months. It was over the top. I wasn't even depressed all the time, but I cried very easily. I guess my body was so used to burying all emotions in liquor that I didn't know how to handle emotions anymore.

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2020 12:16 AM

I tend to cry when I laugh, I guess there's so little to laugh about these days that I confuse/mix laughing with crying. I just like a good laugh!

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2020 12:18 AM

I cry whenever I watch the nightly news with David muir - I just find the state of everything so upsetting.

I’m watching great British bake-off on Netflix and I cry at the end when someone leaves.

MARY!!!! I know I know.

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2020 12:30 AM

It’s called The Covid19 Cries.

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2020 12:39 AM

it was my father who had feelings, while my mother was callous. he cried not too often but unaffectedly and i get that from him.

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2020 12:40 AM

Crying occasionally over “little” things is a sign that you’re tuned into and open to life.

by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2020 12:49 AM

Since I was a kid, I rarely cry. I cried on 9/11 - in front of a co-worker no less! And I cried at the hospital when my grandmother was dying about 5 years ago. Then we had a family emergency this year, and I cried then too. So 3 times every 20 years, or so.

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2020 1:01 AM

Even before all this, I was having a rough time, but for some reason I didn’t cry much. Now, there is plenty to cry about and I think it would help but I can’t get myself there, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2020 1:16 AM

Normally I’m a stoic bitch. But I cried recently, when we finished cleaning out my dead mother’s house. And we are going to adopt a cat soon, and I had to stop looking at the websites of cats needing homes, and their individual stories. I’d say every couple of months.

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2020 1:26 AM

I was going to write something to OP about "Crying in the time of COVID" but then I realized this is a 2015 bump troll thread

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2020 1:28 AM

r20 OP posted this in 2015

by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2020 1:29 AM

R27 so we don’t cry in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2020 10:56 AM

In 2020, a lot! The world has turned upside down and we're all on edge. Be nice to yourself, honey! A good cry is sometimes the only way to flush out your anxieties.

by Anonymousreply 29August 14, 2020 11:17 AM

What r29 said.

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2020 11:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!