Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends, what do we think of this mid-century modern?

Personally, I love this style.

by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2021 3:21 PM

Oops link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2015 3:31 AM

A little of it goes a loooooong way.

by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2015 5:51 AM

Too brown.

by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2015 6:26 AM

beamed ceilings are bad feng shui, not to mention, here they are very heavy and unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 4September 25, 2015 7:12 AM

Everything about this house is ugly, including the overgrown jungle of a garden. Who on earth would want to live next to a Houston bayou, where the mosquitoes would be big enough to carry you away?

by Anonymousreply 5September 25, 2015 7:58 AM

Homes like that (Frank Lloyd Wright among them) always look so cold and uninviting. It always looks like there isn't a comfortable seat in the house, much less a cozy nook. And you're confined to furnishing it that way, with ugly 50's furniture, or spoil the point of having a house in that style. Look at the kitchen, although you have tons of counter space, you couldn't have gadgets and applicances out, much less enjoy cooking in it.

No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2015 10:23 AM

Jesus. If the interior design was a woman I would describe her as dowdy, because tacky and old fashioned doesn't really cut it. It looks like some sad Bed And Breakfast Inn from the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2015 10:36 AM

Here's more pictures, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 31, 2021 8:14 AM

If it was untouched mid century modern, I'd at least see some historical value. But this has been renovated and modernised so much its just modern. And ugly. Especially that concrete kitchen.

It looks like a prison, or a secure psychiatric facility. Its grim. I can imagine people being interrogated/ tortured here.

Lovely garden though

by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2021 3:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!