Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eldergays, or at least, Eldergays more Elder than my 54 year old ass---

Tell me about The Red Shoes

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2020 2:10 AM

Must be worn with The Red Bag to match.

by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2015 1:53 AM

HIGHLY underrated Kate Bush album from 1993. Most of it is absolutely breathtaking. Try: Eat the Music, Moments of Pleasure, Rubberband Girl and Constellation of the Heart.

by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2015 2:00 AM

Okay, I was thinking more along the lines of this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2015 2:05 AM

It's my mother's favorite film. I love the ballet sequences but like all of the director's other films, the characters are unpleasant and impossible to like, which I know is the whole point but still only the ballet scenes are worth rewatching. The cinematography is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 4September 25, 2015 3:16 AM

These red shoes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 25, 2015 3:19 AM

I never heard about The Red Shoes, I never saw The Red Shoes, I don't give a fuck about The Red Shoes.

by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2015 3:22 AM

Considering the overwhelming majority of us eldergays weren't even alive when The Red Shoes premiered why don't you tell us about Star Wars?

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2015 3:44 AM

Something, something, something darkside is all you need to know about Star Wars, r7.

by Anonymousreply 8September 25, 2015 3:46 AM

What red shoes?

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2020 12:15 AM

Hi, 2015 bump troll. I see you're active tonight. Too many anti-Trump and pro-protest threads for you?

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2020 12:17 AM

OP I am 55 and I love " The Red Shoes" from it's ballet to Jack Cardiff's exquisite cinematography to Moira Shearer's red hair. I have always seen it like a fairytale just like the story it invokes. That has always made it more interesting to watch. I agree that not one character is someone you would like to know. But it's a great work about an artist's addiction to art. Maybe it should be double- billed with " Pollock".

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2020 12:47 AM

It's a splendid film made all the more splendid because there isn't another one like it. A team of extremely creative people did their best work and created something extraordinary. If you're a visual person, OP, this one is absolutely for you. Anton Walbrook is smoking hot as the impresario Boris Lermontov.

The only problem with the film is the miscast Marius Goring. I can't believe he was a good choice, even in 1948.

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2020 2:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!