Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HOW CAN I CONVINCE MY 3-YEAR-OLD THEY’RE TRANSGENDER? – GO ASK JANE

Dear Jane,

I’ve been in such a state of perpetual turmoil ever since giving birth. My child, pronoun “they”, is now 3-years-old. I have been mired in a heinous state of chronic depression because “they” do not want to play with girl’s toys. It destroys me that “they” might be another white CIS male, and another future agent of the patriarchy. That’s just not the type of lifestyle I can support or agree with. “Their” father has also been deeply despondent over our child’s reluctance to conform to our stance and ideals on gender. My husband identifies as gender neutral, and whenever “Xe” (my husbands current pronoun) witnesses our child playing with toy trucks and trains, it triggers “Xer” so hard that “Xe” crumbles into a quivering pile of inconsolable PTSD jitters.

My question is, how can I persuade my child to blossom into the fabulous transgender individual that I know in my heart “they” truly are? All I’ve ever wanted was a trans child, and the fact that “they” seem so drawn to boys toys and refuse to don the lovely dresses I so painstakingly choose for “them” just crushes my soul. What can I do to make “them” understand the harm that they inflict on our family through their identity as a CIS-gendered white male? Please Jane, help us, it’s tearing our family apart.

Sincerely, Ariana

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2020 9:48 AM

Ariana, thank you for your touching letter. Truly the phrase, “a mother knows best”, has never been more appropriate than here. No one wants a white, CIS male child, and the people who pretend they do are merely deluding themselves.

But do no fret. There is still time for your child to see the light of femininity. One of the best ways to do this is to deprive them of male clothing, toys, TV programming, ect. If they never know toxic masculinity exist then it cannot tempt and/or hurt them.

I realize it can be difficult to completely block out offending influences, but that’s when you need to sit your child down and explain to them all of the ills in the world perpetuated by men. Explain why they don’t want to identify in such a way, and it’s also important for the child’s father to reinforce these ideas. It is up to “Xer” to demonstrate that femininity is the way to go, and will be the only acceptable route for them to identify as under your roof. When you interact with the child’s father, always be the dominant force, and allow your child to witness that. Even if “Xer” does not identify as a male, it’s important for your child to see that even the micro-displays of masculinity should be snuffed out at the root before they spread like the cancer that they are.

Let me just congratulate you on taking a proactive and progressive stance in your parenting. It is mothers like you that are helping usurp the disease of masculinity and dismantle the patriarchy at it’s very core.

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2015 5:57 AM

I can't wait for Muriel to delete this shit.

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2015 6:14 AM

Isn't this a parody site? Because the whole thing reads as parody.

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2015 6:20 AM

I'm sure it's meant to read as parody and it will still be deleted. Muriel's had it with the anti-trans shit.

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2015 6:23 AM

We've all had it with the trans shit R4.

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2015 6:41 AM

I'm a gay 30 something biological male who is supportive of trans rights and have many (too many?) SJW friends, but even I can admit that was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2015 7:03 AM

Worthy of Aristophanes, W.S. Gilbert or W.H. Von Dreele at their meanest. Very, very meanest. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2015 7:58 AM

Typical that pro-Trans people can't get it

by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2015 4:01 PM

I got in trouble for posting advice letters. Not fair.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2020 5:00 AM

Is this fictional? She sounds like the mom who turned her toddler into a drag queen because of her obsession with gay men, Michael Alig in particular. It’s weak satire because the real thing is much more outrageous.

by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2020 5:15 AM

Why are all these five year old posts getting bumped tonight?

by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2020 9:34 AM

Afslut denne menighed. Bare stop med vrøvl. Vis kærlighed og respekt.

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2020 9:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!