Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hillary "disturbed" by gays

Per her own hubby, Hillary not comfortable with the whole gay thing. Guess that way it took her SO long to finally change her stance on gay marriage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 14, 2020 4:09 AM

Frau

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2015 1:37 AM

Yeah, OP, real reliable source there

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2015 1:39 AM

Of course, OP, who are we going to believe, you or our lying eyes?

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2015 1:39 AM

She always seems to have a stick up her ass.

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2015 1:41 AM

Several news sites are reporting this, R2.

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2015 1:42 AM

Whatever. Twenty-five percent of Americans have changed their minds of marriage equality in the last ten years. Are we supposed to demand purity from our candidates?

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2015 1:46 AM

Hillary is toxic!

ABC!

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2015 1:46 AM

I don't really care what she privately thinks of gays. She publicly supports gay marriage and gay rights now so that's enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2015 1:48 AM

Yes, R8, "publicly" she does. If that's good enough for you, fine. Not me.

by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2015 1:50 AM

Isn't she the one who can up with Don't Ask Don't Tell?

Like that helped.

by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2015 1:52 AM

This is not really news - she publicly has changed her stance since 2008 and this is actually talking about her views in 1999.

I do sometimes wonder if Bill would prefer Hilary not become President. Every once in awhile he will say something that does not exactly help her out.

by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2015 1:56 AM

OP = FFC

by Anonymousreply 12September 22, 2015 1:59 AM

Bill & Hill clearly have an intense rivalry for pack leader. If Hill becomes president, she wins. If not, Bill wins.

I think that tells you all you need to know about his intentions...

by Anonymousreply 13September 22, 2015 1:59 AM

It did help, R10, but you had to have been there at the time. It quickly outlived it's usefulness and was a bitch and a half to get rid of.

This is simply another half assed attempt by the Anti Hillary Troll to stir up shit. We like her, OP, we've always liked her. We've decided she'll make a good president. Please proceed voting for The Donald, because that is some funny, funny shit.

by Anonymousreply 14September 22, 2015 2:00 AM

Bill also claimed that Hil got more pussy than he did. So much for her distaste of the gays. It's all bull. Just ask Huma AKA Mrs Tony Weener.

by Anonymousreply 15September 22, 2015 2:01 AM

That's an interesting point, R15. I thought of that as well. May be some self loathing on her part, or maybe just discomfort with gay guys.

by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2015 2:05 AM

This nonsense OP belongs on free pedophile republic.

Oh shit. My tablet just auto corrected "freeped republic" to what you see above. I think I'll keep it.

by Anonymousreply 17September 22, 2015 2:12 AM

Most Americans were uncomfortable with gay rights until rather recently.

Hillary has changed her mind.

Why haven't the GOP candidates?

You think Hillary will push gay rights as President? You Bet she will.

by Anonymousreply 18September 22, 2015 2:17 AM

yea right OP LOL next...GO HILLARY!

by Anonymousreply 19September 22, 2015 4:57 AM

Bunch of DL Hippocrates. Why is it only liberals can change their views and get a pass?

by Anonymousreply 20September 22, 2015 6:36 AM

Hippocrates? Really? Are you sure, R20?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 22, 2015 6:42 AM

Methinks the lezzie doth protest so much.

by Anonymousreply 22September 22, 2015 6:45 AM

Obama was also against gay marriage till about 15 minutes ago...

by Anonymousreply 23September 22, 2015 7:05 AM

I don't see what the big deal is. So she was 'put off' by gay rights in 1999. That was 16 years ago.! Obviously, she's evolved since then. Many Americans have. The general consensus at the time was against gay marriage. OP, did you see how the Republicans remain staunchly anti-gay and all the presidential candidates continue to spew anti-gay rhetoric lately, especially after the SC decision in June and the whole Kim Davis fiasco?

Furthermore, neither the article (nor Branch) state outright that Hillary was 'disturbed' by gays, like OP's headline implies. Rather, it sounds like she wasn't sure how to proceed with the issue during her 2000 senate race. You have to remember, at the time, gays were not in the mainstream, so many Americans had preconceived notions of what the 'gay lifestyle' was, so politicians had to tread carefully. This is what the article is saying, that Hillary wasn't comfortable dealing with the issue, not that she was against gays.

Also, this was from an interview that Taylor Branch supposedly had with Clinton in 1999. I say supposedly because no tapes exist. Also, this is being reported by The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative site. Obviously, they don't give a shit about gay rights, but their main goal is to make Hillary look like a flip-flopper rather than someone who has evolved on the issue.

by Anonymousreply 24September 22, 2015 7:45 AM

R11 but he didn't say that recently. Supposedly, he said it in 1999, but all we have is Branch's 'recollections.'

by Anonymousreply 25September 22, 2015 7:47 AM

The latest CNN poll says the Bernie Bump may be over. Now that the media has let go of its insane email delusion, her numbers are growing again, and his are declining.

So, if Biden enters the race, the picture is, as of yesterday Clinton 42%, Sanders 24%, Biden 22%. And if Biden stays out, it's Clinton 57% and Sanders 28%.

So no wonder the Repubs want to get rid of her, any which way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 22, 2015 7:51 AM

So no wonder the Repubs want to get rid of her, any which way.

The Repubs, Bill Clinton, etc.

by Anonymousreply 27September 22, 2015 8:15 AM

This does not make sense.

Diesels welcome the presence of the sissy because that means more tuna available for them, the diesels.

Just as str8 guys welcome the presence of the sissy because it means more tuna available for them, the str8 guys.

by Anonymousreply 28September 22, 2015 8:18 AM

Has Hillary changed her stance on murdering any opponents of the Clintons?

Or did the vast right wing conspiracy lose count when the list topped 100 deaths?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 22, 2015 8:28 AM

They've been terrified of Hillary for years, although they had no problem trying to use her name and reputation against Obama.

Republicans know that unless they're talking to theimselves, everyone has heard their tired old accusations a thousand times and rejected them. Women, Latinos, Blacks, young people, and enough Independents will vote for her rather than anyone in the clown car and the clowns know it.

Those assholes will be trying to swift boat her from now until election day. They'll fail, but we know exactly what to expect. All the years of their bullshit are like a vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 30September 22, 2015 8:43 AM

Some of us are disturbed by her nasty cankles and poor taste in pant suits.

#BitchGetAQueenAtNordstromToHelpYouShop

by Anonymousreply 31September 22, 2015 8:50 AM

Hillary is awful.

Go Bernie! Or Joe!!

by Anonymousreply 32September 22, 2015 9:02 AM

Hillary's fine. She sends her love.

by Anonymousreply 33September 22, 2015 9:05 AM

[quote]So she was 'put off' by gay rights in 1999. That was 16 years ago.! Obviously, she's evolved since then.

But that is the question and it is far from obvious. Has she really evolved? We have only her word on that.

by Anonymousreply 34September 22, 2015 11:30 PM

R34 and we only have Branch's word that she said that supposedly via Bill Clinton. So it's like unsubstantiated third-hand information.

by Anonymousreply 35September 22, 2015 11:36 PM

No, R34, there is no question, at least not for people of normal intelligence who have paid attention for the last 15 years.

Everyone knows that Hillary Clinton supports gay rights. Period. You want to play games with that? Okay, go ahead, but you're just another dumb, straight, Republican woman who is never going to vote for her anyway. We're voting for her.

by Anonymousreply 36September 23, 2015 12:14 AM

Republican trolling

by Anonymousreply 37September 23, 2015 12:55 AM

Wasn't candidate clinton's official position in 2008 that marriage was 'one man, one woman'?

by Anonymousreply 38September 23, 2015 12:59 AM

Since Republicans don't believe in evolution, they obviously can't comprehend that a person CAN evolve, i.e. change -- their political views or whatever. Doing so gets you branded a 'flip-flopper.' That's why Republicans maintain such antiquated views.

by Anonymousreply 39September 23, 2015 1:00 AM

Wasn't the official position of R38 in 2008 bending over and taking Palin's strap on up her ass while the Poo flowed over her Shoes?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it was.

by Anonymousreply 40September 23, 2015 1:25 AM

R40: what's with the venom?

I asked a question that's relevant to the discussion in a civil tone. If I am not remembering correctly, then by all means correct me.

Your juvenile response adds nothing to the discourse.

Are you angry because there are a few people of at least normal intelligence who have paid attention for the last 15 years who know you don't have to go back to 1999 to see that Mrs. Clinton has muddied the waters when it comes to her position?

by Anonymousreply 41September 23, 2015 1:32 AM

[quote]Wasn't candidate clinton's official position in 2008 that marriage was 'one man, one woman'?

More than that, her position was it's "a sacred bond between a man and a woman." She had this position until 2013! Less than 2 years ago. But Hillarybots like to erase facts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 23, 2015 1:45 AM

Ever notice how a reporter can never get a straight answer from her? EVERY answer to a question is some long, drawn out answer loaded with double-speak, without committing to anything.

by Anonymousreply 43September 23, 2015 1:50 AM

Trump is talking enough bullshit for ALL the candidates, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 44September 23, 2015 1:53 AM

R20 Who cares...that was then this is now that's all that matters....the past is the past so live for today and the future GO HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 23, 2015 2:40 AM

[quote] She always seems to have a stick up her ass.

She doesn't have a stick up her ass. She just acts like a dignified older woman. Like our mothers did. Perhaps you're unfamiliar with such people.

In any event it is like my mom for whom it could be said that when the gay movement started to become more public wasn't as comfortable with it but she defended rights and stood up to anyone who would discriminate. I don't expect everyone to change completely their personal thoughts about things foreign to them, especially things like sex, but I expect them to treat others with respect and demand justice for them. No matter what my mother felt personally everyone was treated with love and there was no judgment.

by Anonymousreply 46September 23, 2015 4:33 AM

R46 yes! My grandmother didn't understand same-sex to her, but when you put it at her along the lines of two people wanting the same legal advantages as those with same sex, she somehow realized that it was important as well.

by Anonymousreply 47September 23, 2015 4:39 AM

So basically, OP publishes a story of questionable authority, saying that 16-17 years ago, Bill supposedly told someone that Hillary was weird about gay marriage.

And the only proof is a tape of this guy saying Clinton told him that.

by Anonymousreply 48September 23, 2015 4:51 AM

OK, let's get it from the horse's mouth, r48.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 23, 2015 4:58 AM

And just be sure, let's hear her say it again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 23, 2015 5:00 AM

From a FB "friend" who's feeling the Bern, commenting on Hillary: "who is she fighting for? cause it's not regular people."

What a load of crap. Why are folks just regurgitating what they're hearing other folks say on social media? Use your brains for a second, and try to imagine how many "regular people" have been affected by the following record:

Even though her major initiative, the Clinton healthcare plan, failed (due to Republican obstruction), you cannot deny that it laid ground for what we have today, the Affordable Healthcare Act, something Clinton supports and would continue.

She played a leading role in the development of State Children’s Health Insurance Program, which provides the much-needed state support for children whose parents cannot afford nor provide them with adequate healthcare coverage.

She was also instrumental in the creation of the Adoption and Safe Families Act and the Foster Care Independence Act.

Successfully fought to increase research funding for prostate cancer and asthma at the National Institute of Health (NIH).

She spearheaded investigations into mental illness plaguing veterans of the Gulf War; we now have a term for it – Gulf War Syndrome.

At the Department of Justice, she helped create the office on Violence Against Women.

She was instrumental in securing over $21 billion in funding for the World Trade Center redevelopment.

Took a leading role in the investigation of health consequences of first responders and drafted the first bill to compensate and offer the health services our first responders deserve (Clinton’s successor in the Senate, Kirsten Gillibrand, passed the bill).

Proposed a revival of the New Deal-era Home Owners’ Loan Corporation to help homeowners refinance their mortgages in the wake of the 2008 financial disaster.

These are not all of her accomplishments. Her activism on behalf of women and children across the world is renowned. Her activism for raising the minimum wage and combating climate change is stellar. Her activism on international LGBT rights put all prior Secretaries of State to shame.

Shall I go on?

by Anonymousreply 51September 23, 2015 5:17 AM

HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 23, 2015 5:26 AM

Many gays are "disturbed" by Hillary, so it all works out.

by Anonymousreply 53September 23, 2015 5:37 AM

[quote]Obama was also against gay marriage till about 15 minutes ago...

Anyone who spouts this gibberish who cannot see that the Obama Administration, led by President OBAMA has done more for the equalization of gay people in America and by dint of that the world than EVERY POTUS COMBINED is a real sickie! Who the fuck do you think started all of this, instructed the Justice Department, the State Department and every level of his administration to chip away at DOMA, and prepare the nation for these changes by championing them? Politics is NOT about ideas, it's about timing!

Jeez, even as a high school graduate I feel like I am surrounded by people who have utilized their fucking brains!

by Anonymousreply 54September 23, 2015 7:17 AM

I want to make out with Mook as we plan to sabotage her campaign from inside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 23, 2015 7:36 AM

R54 as you stated, politics is not about ideas; it's about timing. Obama was fortunate to be president during this time. Bill Clinton had to make concessions, hence DOMA and DADT. You can't compare people NOW with how things were back THEN, In this case, the 1990s. But as it were, DOMA and DADT were concessions. The Clinton administration were against what the Republicans were trying to do, which was ban gays and gay marriage altogether. Clinton signed DOMA amidst the veto-proof majority, which many hold against him, but he had no choice. Still, later he spoke against it, and he and Hillary worked to bring it down.

If Obama were president then, what do you think he would have done? Would he have just accepted his fate? Or would have tried to soften the blow, so to speak, which is what Clinton did.

by Anonymousreply 56September 23, 2015 11:02 AM

So was Obamas, r38.

by Anonymousreply 57September 23, 2015 11:55 AM

R56 here. I meant that Congress (which was Republican majority) overruled any veto, so Clinton had to sign DOMA, though 15+ years later, he successfully campaigned to bring it down.

by Anonymousreply 58September 23, 2015 1:17 PM

From October 1996:

Despite rumors among gay Democratic activists that the Clinton-Gore campaign would soon alter, pull or repudiate an anti-gay radio ad running on Christian radio stations, a campaign spokesman defended the ad and confirmed that it would continue running unaltered.

After boasting about Clinton signing the anti-gay DOMA, the ad concludes with the line: "President Clinton has fought for our values and America is better for it."

by Anonymousreply 59September 23, 2015 1:37 PM

She might be disturbed by gay men, but she sure loves lesbians! She's the biggest of them all. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 60September 23, 2015 2:51 PM

Bill isn't running.

by Anonymousreply 61September 23, 2015 2:58 PM

She is the best choice on the gay issue. Bernie is not going to win (and I like Bernie) and obviously the Republicans are evil/insane.

by Anonymousreply 62September 23, 2015 3:18 PM

You mean just like our President, r42?

by Anonymousreply 63September 23, 2015 4:01 PM

Another bullshit story by bullshit conservatives trying to derail Hillary with spin and distortion and Benghazi crap.

by Anonymousreply 64September 23, 2015 4:09 PM

I'm disturbed by her power suits

by Anonymousreply 65September 23, 2015 4:16 PM

Hillary is going to be president. Let the haters vent.

The only "Bern" Bernie and his supporters feel is the pain of hemorrhoids.

by Anonymousreply 66September 23, 2015 4:19 PM

She has been openly supportive to gay marriage. Many people have changed their minds and so did she, I am glad she supports now.

by Anonymousreply 67September 23, 2015 4:19 PM

Bill has always been a fake and a phony. Don't buy anything he's selling.

by Anonymousreply 68September 23, 2015 4:23 PM

Yes, OP, and you are "concerned" about Hillary. Your attempt to troll is laughably transparent.

by Anonymousreply 69September 23, 2015 4:30 PM

[quote] Obama was also against gay marriage till about 15 minutes ago...

Yea yea, R54, but what about this statement do you disagree with?

I can see we are still plagued by screed bent, propagandized, non-thinkers.

by Anonymousreply 70September 23, 2015 5:02 PM

I fucking hate "concern" trolls.

by Anonymousreply 71September 23, 2015 6:26 PM

Not true OP you fucker!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 23, 2015 7:07 PM

Hillary Clinton is a very sick woman and belongs nowhere near the White House.

Go Bernie!! Go Joe!

by Anonymousreply 73September 23, 2015 10:44 PM

She's disturbed by them because we all point to her and say "LESBIAN".

by Anonymousreply 74September 24, 2015 4:46 PM

Notorious pussy hound. Voted for Bush.

by Anonymousreply 75September 25, 2015 11:50 PM

By the Washington Free Beacon? Oh my!

by Anonymousreply 76September 26, 2015 1:19 AM

So many excuses were made for her in this thread. It's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 77March 14, 2020 4:01 AM

Head's up, guys: This is an old troll thread from 2015 that R77 is bumping tonight, along with a whole bunch of OTHER troll threads from 2015.

How he even knows how to get to this many troll threads from five years ago is beyond me, but the guy has been doing it for years, specifically to disrupt the board.

Makes you wonder why the moderator doesn't do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 78March 14, 2020 4:08 AM

Hillary cares only about herself. She's a shallow narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 79March 14, 2020 4:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!