Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay Quebecois beaten with beer bottle during possible hate crime

The story is a bit weird though. The victim says he was walking with his sister at some festival when a man started catcalling his sister. The victim, in attempt to "diffuse the situation", says he complimented the man "you're super hot" but the man thought he was being called "drunk" as the word "chaud" in the Quebecois dialect of French can mean either depending on context. The victim says the last thing he remembers was being called a homophobic slur before losing consciousness. I'm just wondering if the man took offense to be calling "hot" by a gay guy, or if he really thought the victim was calling him drunk.

anyway, the victim posted a pic of his battered face:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2020 3:53 AM

Oh yeah, calling a drunken asshole "hot" to "diffuse" the situation... great idea.

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2015 4:00 PM

He got his ass kicked by a drunk at a trashy fair. It's not a hate crime just because he happens to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2015 4:07 PM

r2 fuck off

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2015 4:42 PM

I'll remember this in the next Canada vs. the US thread.

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2015 4:52 PM

There are so many people on this site who blame gay people for gay bashings.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2015 5:09 PM

Gay bashing threads always get the least attention. I wonder why that is?

by Anonymousreply 6September 21, 2015 5:54 PM

NOW can we start bashing back?

by Anonymousreply 7September 21, 2015 6:09 PM

He's a hottie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 21, 2015 6:21 PM

obviously I don't advocate violence of any kind, but what made the victim think that the guy catcalling his sister would appreciate him calling him "hot" (or drunk)? lol I mean that's a strange way to "diffuse the situation". Guys who catcall girls aren't the most mentally stable or intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 9September 21, 2015 8:44 PM

So, are you saying it's the gay kid's fault, R6?

by Anonymousreply 10September 21, 2015 8:50 PM

R8 more like he smells hot cookies.

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2020 12:36 AM

Another good example of why people should speak English.

by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2020 12:43 AM

At least his injuries look legit. A Jussie-type situation always needs to be ruled out in any "possible hate crime".

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2020 12:47 AM

FFS, it's "defuse," not "diffuse."

by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2020 3:51 AM

this article is from 2015

by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2020 3:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!