Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bear-licious out gay singer John Grant's New Video

What say you, Datalounge?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2020 12:20 AM

Evidently, no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2015 3:53 PM

I do, can't stop salivating long enough to type.

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2015 8:26 PM

I'm all for cute bear music video, but this one's a snore. The song is mediocre and he has no voice.

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2015 8:56 PM

He peaked with Queen of Denmark. The last album was a snore, and this one seems no better.

by Anonymousreply 4September 21, 2015 8:58 PM

I like his music a lot. Especially on head phones. The video is slightly amusing but a few years late to that look even to send it up.

by Anonymousreply 5September 21, 2015 9:17 PM

If you think he has no voice, R3, then you have no ears.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2015 10:01 AM

Lots of vocal strain and breaking, r6. Dull and colorless.

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2015 10:05 AM

Talentless. Fat. Fug.

Of course you old cunts would love him.

by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2015 11:10 AM

I don't think he has no voice, although he's nothing to write home about. I think the problem is him. He's kind of, meh, like someone's High School music teacher taking a shot at a career, but MUCH too late! The song isn't great but I've definitely heard worse, too.

by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2015 11:22 AM

I haven't listened to the new album, though I enjoyed the last one. And I agree with r5; he's better when you sit back and listen. I don't really care if I see his videos.

by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2015 12:37 PM

Datalounge favorite Matt Bomer is a fan (see his twitter feed).

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2015 4:39 PM

R8 This place really does have the worst taste.

by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2020 8:34 PM

He actually has a decent voice. But he's using it all wrong. He wants to be a little Morrissey, a little Freddie (lol), and a touch Matt Berninger. He should just find a damn lane and stick to it.

And the lyrics are all over the map. Unfocused. And the production is utter shit: Let's throw EVERYTHING in a rather boring song and see if it perks things up.

by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2020 11:31 PM

Nope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 27, 2020 11:40 PM

The song is terrible; the voice is nonexistent; the video is laughable

by Anonymousreply 15November 27, 2020 11:59 PM

R15 is correct.

Also - Grant is fat.

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2020 12:07 AM

I like his stuff. He's melodic and unique. Though I don't know how the lyrics match a bath house. I would have had him visiting different locales and cruising guys, in a longing-but-not-getting way:

Roller coasters and Earl Gray Malts Ocelot babies but not bath salts Harvest moon in the arms of a tree Which has been growing there for centuries

Bassoons, trombones and French horn sections Bass clarinets and string art collections Owls and guitars when they do not match Gilda, Kristen, Cheri, Tina, Amy and Rachel Dratch

All these things they're just disappointing All these things they're just disappointing compared to you There's nothing more beautiful than your smile as it conquers your face There's nothing more comforting than to know Know you exist in this time, in this place

The genitive case in German, it's true Is something that I'm quite partial to Rachmaninov, Scriabin, Prokofiev Dostoevsky, Bulgakov, Vysotsky and Lev

Francis Bacon, dolomites Ballet dancers with or without tights Central Park on an autumn day Will always be stunning and never cliché

All these things they're just disappointing All these things they're just disappointing compared to you There's nothing more beautiful than your smile as it conquers your face There's nothing more comforting than to know Know you exist in this time, in this place

Songwriters: Grant John William

Disappointing lyrics © Showpony Music Limited, Blue Mountain Music Ltd

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2020 12:11 AM

This is from 5 years ago. What’s he doing nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2020 12:11 AM

Is that Chariots Vauxhall?

by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2020 12:14 AM

Visiting different locales and cruising guys, in a longing-but-not-getting way R18.

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2020 12:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!