Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Liza's greatest performance.

Here's my fav.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 22, 2020 4:20 AM

Cold, OP, very cold.

by Anonymousreply 1September 18, 2015 1:56 AM

C'mon r1. It's funny.

by Anonymousreply 2September 18, 2015 1:58 AM

It was unfortunately a one time thing. We need another fix. It was great to post on DL while watching this train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 3September 18, 2015 4:20 AM

Don't ever forget that Liza took on the House Un-American Activities Committee eloquently. She was heroic on so many fronts. She clearly was addressing the whole state of Georgia in OP's post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 18, 2015 9:36 PM

Thank you OP, you made my evening memorable.

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2015 9:52 PM

Liza turns off a lamp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2015 10:40 PM

From 2002, when she was on David Letterman, she sang "Some People." Her voice is shot, but I thought she was great, especially for her age. She puts it over! Forward it to 10:55.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2015 11:29 PM

Liza was not often good on television shows, not in the last 25 years. They tape in the afternoon and her voice was beyond shot in that Letterman appearance. Liza does everything better at night! She could sound better in concert as the voice warms up. We have all heard performers sound better at the end of their show than the start. Liza did or did not ever have a great voice, but she could still sing with full power and resonance in 2002, on some nights, on the some songs.

This is from her Liza's Back tour, the show she was promoting on Letterman. Much improved. She would have been 56 in 2002, not old for a healthy singer. Liza hasn't been "healthy" since 1978.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2015 12:02 AM

Liza's greatest performance?

The one she has given for decades...LIZA! (with a Z.)

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2015 4:18 AM

Re R8--"Liza does everything better at night!"

The title for Liza's new intimate venue talk/singing showcase!

(Prefer Andrea Martin as Liza to Kristen Wiig.)

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2015 4:23 AM

And mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2015 5:40 AM

r11 Here is the whole show. It's hilarious, and actually has a decent performance towards the end (in the evening).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2015 1:37 PM

She is much better than her overrated mother

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2015 1:43 PM

I hope Liza finds some way to live in peace and dignity. I think she would be wise to look for acting work as opposed to singing. She has just been L*I*Z*A! for so long, I'm not sure she has ever lived in the world the rest of us do.

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2015 3:47 PM

Another problem is that Liza is incredibly homely but somehow got pegged into the Streisand leading lady category. The camera does not love her imperfections the way they do Streisand, and she's never convincing as a romantic lead. Her niche is the Carol Burnett type leading lady but because she became a STAR, she can't go down that path.

by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2015 3:58 PM

Liza is on the path to glory and her final reward.

by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2015 5:04 PM

Yes, R16. Stars like...LIZA!

by Anonymousreply 17September 20, 2015 11:14 PM

"Yes" from Liza With A 'Z'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 20, 2015 11:18 PM

Liza as a Hooker in Rent-A-Cop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 20, 2015 11:21 PM

Liza recently in San Fran simply a joke ~ ghastly but actually funny to see her so wasted at her age is a shame!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 22, 2015 5:00 AM

Could she possibly memorize lines for film work? I think not.

Perhaps its time for her to tour much the way Bette Davis did in her later years. Appear after the screening of one of her films and talk about her career.

by Anonymousreply 21September 22, 2015 5:10 AM

Oh my lord jesus R20. Her addictions are medicinal at this point. I support pills and liquor for her remaining years. She doesn't need more rehab or any more performances, even if her jazz hands are restless. Telling addled stories with gallant enthusiasm just to remain on stage is not the best idea either for someone with Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome. Liza has enough friends and fans and sequins to go out, or wear out at home. Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is the oncoming train. She needs her pain meds now. Cheers.

by Anonymousreply 22September 22, 2015 6:15 AM

Your done LIZA just RETIRE no more performing and shame on her handlers AND MD Billy allowing this!!!

by Anonymousreply 23September 23, 2015 5:17 AM

Awww, she is still a legend. I just watched the entire Liza With A Z show for the empteenth time, and she was a powerhouse! If she wants to be drunk off her ass in her later years, who cares? I still love her. She always gives 100 per cent.

by Anonymousreply 24September 23, 2015 9:09 AM

R24 LOL true but come on drunk off her ass and embarrass herself in public while performing??? Now, that's SAD!!!No excuse as SHE SHOULD NO LONGER BE PERFORMING AT HER AGE & CONDITION~ obviously she a a problem major problem as she always has with boozed and drugssssssssssssss!!!

by Anonymousreply 25September 23, 2015 7:39 PM

The SF "performance" is pretty sad- I am not so sure she is drunk so much as just very physically diminished probably due to her rough life. I am also amazed by the audience. Weird. Devoted fans I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 26September 23, 2015 9:20 PM

Mein Herr from Cabaret, which we've seen a million times, so I'll post this live version, which was cut from Liza With a "Z."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 23, 2015 9:36 PM

R27 Eh LIZA hang it up...thanks for the memories~when isn't she in a wheelchair...see liza what too much pills & liquor does to you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2015 1:21 AM

Performing is her life. Yes, she has a lot of problems, and although it is very sad to watch, who is it hurting if she continues? If she can still pull in an audience, so be it. Poor thing. She's had a tough and fast-living life that finally caught up to her. I think she still needs to feel that love from the audience.

by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2015 2:15 AM

R29 SO it is but she fucked up her own life...No reason to see her perform in her condition at this stage of her life as she's a sad mess from years of booze, liquor and health problems...that is why she needs to STOP PERFORMING...It's an embarrassment to watch her struggling! She will always have her FANS those that are left...just retire till your calling in a couple of years!

by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2015 2:21 AM

She's fine in the video at R20. Not stumbling over the stage. Just that the voice is a little raspy. What's sad to watch? She's having a ball.

R30 How many times are you going to post the same tired shit? It still doesn't matter. LIZA RULES. Suck on that ass cheek.

by Anonymousreply 31September 24, 2015 2:24 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 32September 24, 2015 2:25 AM

Liza is a legend. She's one of the greatest stars ever. In her prime, there was no one better.

Watch the video. She explodes at 2:10. And that's show business, kids.

In one of her most dynamic performances ever, ladies and gentlemen, this is how it's done:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 24, 2015 3:46 AM

this si clearly her very best performance to date!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 24, 2015 4:03 AM

She had great moves and such fabulous stage presence:.

Liza Minnelli - All That Jazz 1981

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 24, 2015 4:06 AM

Goldie Hawn & Liza Minnelli - All That Jazz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 24, 2015 4:08 AM

R34 after seeing these videos of her wasted on booze ~ drugs is SAD and I have lost all respect for the legend that is Liza...her handlers and her music director Billy Stritch for letting her go on stage like this...Simply Appalling!!! She was the laughing stock of this event per a friend that attended...they all were in shock at her performance yet alone her being wasted! I don't care what anyone says but this is a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 37September 24, 2015 4:21 AM

Liza Minnelli interviewed by Barbara Houer 1985

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 24, 2015 4:27 AM

Someone posted this on DL a year ago and it's really good. NY NY was written specifically for me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 24, 2015 4:46 AM

R39 I was there...Amazing the best rendition EVER of NY NY...her voice in her early 30's> early 40's were her best years!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 40September 24, 2015 4:49 AM

Lmao, OP. What the hell was she on, and where can I get some?

by Anonymousreply 41June 19, 2020 2:39 PM

Thank God Judy checked out early and even she stayed a couple of years too long.

by Anonymousreply 42June 19, 2020 2:54 PM

R6 "Ben Vereen, it's long!"

by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2020 3:11 PM

Bumping R39's Video.

She was phenomenal in performer. I saw her at Radio City four times over the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 19, 2020 3:26 PM

R4 she sure makes a fabulous commie. I love when she pleads for the “shimple ruhules of human deshenshy.”

by Anonymousreply 45July 22, 2020 4:17 AM

Does she still live at the Sierra Towers? How does she afford to live there? She's been broke for years.

by Anonymousreply 46July 22, 2020 4:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!