Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How do you approach guys?

If you see someone attractive, how do you try to meet him? Like at work, are you subtle but flirty? Or at the gym, do you try to exchange glances across the room and work out near them? Or are you more direct and just go up and chat someone up? Or do you rely on social media?

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2020 4:36 AM

I go up and say hello.

Works wonders.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2015 2:35 PM

I lick my nose and then stick my fist in my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2015 2:47 PM

"Yummmm"

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2015 2:48 PM

I ask them if they would be interested in buying a used book. If that doesn't work, I try to find out which program they're in.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2015 3:07 PM

That's why you have Grindr

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2015 3:40 PM

Suggestively lifting a caftan while making creepy, extended eye contact can work wonders!

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2015 3:52 PM

I ask if they want to come up and see my etchings sometime.

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2015 3:57 PM

R1 - "I go up and say hello. Works wonders."

Not a New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2015 2:57 AM

"Hi, how much for an hour?"

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2015 3:00 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2015 3:00 AM

I guess there are so few serious responses because no one has any experience with this. Or with humor.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2015 3:42 AM

I get a lot of complete male strangers who try to friend me on Facebook, along with a "poke" and a message like, "Hey, handsome!"

Block delete, no. FB ain't Grindr, dude.

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2015 5:32 AM

Much the same manner in which I'd approach a rabid dog.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2015 5:40 AM

Ask him about his interests, OP. People love talking about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2020 3:38 AM

I play it cool. I smile and say something to beak the ice. “Hey, you ever have a fist up your asshole?”

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2020 3:45 AM

If you’re approaching people in real life, OP, then you’re a fool. This is why they created Grindr and Scruff. Use the tools available to find all available tools.

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2020 3:47 AM

I whisper in their ear as I pass by, “All my life, I’ve spent the nights, with dreams of you.” It works best in Italian, but any Romance language is fine.

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2020 4:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!