Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends. Would you pay $8.4m for Liza's pad?

IF it included the decor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 17, 2021 9:55 PM

Another celebrity time capsule. Is she going to move in with Burt Reynolds? Now that's a classy abode.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2015 4:43 AM

I half-expected to see Halston's preserved corpse holding a gin and tonic perched on that white sofa.

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2015 4:46 AM

The sale probably has very little to with Liza herself. It's in a prime location and with current prices in NYC 8.4 for the size and location isn't some special price. Just what the property is worth. there wasn't a Liza premium in the price. The decor will likely look nothing like the current within a few short months. I actually think she's having money problems and had to unload the place. She had the failed performances in London they had to cancel and she's been very focused on getting work. She's got some bills to pay most likely. Hasn't made any serious money in a long long time now

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2015 4:54 AM

What's with the 65 white sofas? When did she last decorate? 1985?

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2015 4:57 AM

Does it come with a gay husband?

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2015 4:59 AM

Do you get to keep the original toilet seats with the purchase? I've always wondered about that.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2015 4:59 AM

It's worth that price ONLY if she'd kept the Halston-designed suede sofa shaped like a pair of lips. But godmother Kay Thompson was incontinent all over that, so it had to go. I'd have paid the $8.4 for Kay's shit.

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2015 5:00 AM

[quote] The sale probably has very little to with Liza herself. It's in a prime location and with current prices in NYC 8.4 for the size and location isn't some special price. Just what the property is worth. there wasn't a Liza premium in the price. The decor will likely look nothing like the current within a few short months. I actually think she's having money problems and had to unload the place. She had the failed performances in London they had to cancel and she's been very focused on getting work. She's got some bills to pay most likely. Hasn't made any serious money in a long long time now

Relax your crack, dear. No one's made any allegations. We're simply having fun.

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2015 5:12 AM

Pretty good price for 6 sq feet, at least outside of NYC.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2015 5:22 AM

The ceilings are too low.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2015 5:23 AM

So do you think Liza plucked out a few acoustic versions of her songs on the guitar so carefully placed against the sofa?

And a foyer perfect for tap dancing....or falling and breaking a hip.

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2015 5:33 AM

Jesus , it looks like a high end Ramada circa 1985....in Tulsa.

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2015 5:36 AM

[quote]Do you get to keep the original toilet seats with the purchase? I've always wondered about that.

If you want them, you better make it a stipulation when you place your offer, and you better hurry, those toilet seats will be much more valuable when she croaks mid crap while seated upon one.

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2015 5:41 AM

She's got some pills to pay most likely.

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2015 5:44 AM

Those palm tree plants, omg!

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2015 5:46 AM

If she has money problems,sell a Warhol !

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2015 5:47 AM

She was living in at time warp...is she still trapped in the 70-80's with that decor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2015 7:08 AM

and the Judy's...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2015 7:09 AM

Ya'll would KILL for that furniture!

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2015 7:11 AM

nobody wants her outdated crap ...she probably moved it all to CA cuz she ain't buying new stuff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2015 7:11 AM

I just adore that track lighting...I wonder which one of her husband's put that in?

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2015 11:08 AM

If the sale includes the art it would be quite the bargain but yeah, the furniture, plants and lights would have to go.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2015 11:25 AM

She probably thinks it still is somewhere in the 70s or the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2015 12:28 PM

A dated shrine to herself? Honestly, did we expect anything else?

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2015 1:24 PM

No. I'd live on the West Side, near Broadway somewhere in the 60s or 70s, and bank half of the money.

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2015 1:44 PM

West side is now as expensive as the easy in the 60s and 70s. Half the money R25 you'll have to move to QUEENS

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2015 2:18 PM

This would do, R26.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2015 2:26 PM

[quote]No. I'd live on the West Side, near Broadway somewhere in the 60s or 70s, and bank half of the money.

That's no longer possible. Don't you remember a few months ago Dianne Wiest was crapping how expensive the Upper West Side has become? It's now full of investment bankers.

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2015 2:29 PM

Hell yes. I'd kill for those Warhols.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2015 3:46 PM

R24, Liza is, as Sherlock Holmes said of Dr. Watson, the "one fixed point in a changing age". I find her, shall we say "consistency" reassuring and comforting.

I would like to have seen a poster for "Grease 2" next to those for "Cabaret", "An American in Paris" and "Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon". Is there a blue guest room for Joey that wasn't shown?

If Liza had taken a head-bumping, amnesia-inducing fall in this apartment, the décor could have given her clues to her identity.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2015 4:56 PM

How did Liza's decorator work such magic in only six square feet? We'd really, really like to know.

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2015 5:18 PM

*pouts* I had my heart set on Granite CounterTops and Stainless Steel Appliances. No way!

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2015 5:56 PM

Liza's coming to live with me as soon as she comes up with first and last month's rent and the blue paint dries in her new room.

by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2015 6:15 PM

It looks gloomy, the Warhol Judy's are fantastic

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2015 6:31 PM

The Warhol Judy's what?

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2015 6:32 PM

Let me back in there. I'm sure I left two quarters under the sofa cushions.

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2015 6:39 PM

I want the "Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon" poster in the pic!

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2015 6:40 PM

[quote]Would you pay $8.4m for Liza's pad?

I'm sure there are some crazy fan-queens who'd pay that much for one of her used MAXI-pads from 1978.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2015 6:42 PM

The poster "A Matter of Time" is gorgeous! I hope she has it somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2015 6:43 PM

Surprised that it took all the way to R38...

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2015 6:44 PM

[quote]A dated shrine to herself?

I really don't understand celebrities who do this. Why would you want to live amongst a bunch of images of your past triumphs? Don't they get tired of looking at themselves day in and day out? Of living always in the past? The Judys are nice, but who wants three gigantic pictures of their mom plastered all over their dining room? It's vaguely depressing.

I still love Liza.

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2015 6:52 PM

[quote]who wants three gigantic pictures of their mom plastered all over their dining room? It's vaguely depressing.

"Vaguely"?

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2015 6:56 PM

Mein Gott, the dated shrine that I hed to dust effry day. Gott in Himmel...

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2015 6:56 PM

Where is Joey's nursing home?

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2015 6:57 PM

Ashamed to display the poster for Stepping Out, eh?

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2015 7:03 PM

No way! 8.4 m is too much.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2015 7:04 PM

The Imperial House is were Joan Crawford lived. I wonder if there are any other celebs past or present that live/lived there?

The driveway entrance to the building is nice (and rare for NYC) and the landscaping is nice but other than that it looks like just about every other white brick apartment house on the East Side...including the low ceilings.

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2015 7:11 PM

"The ceilings are too low. "

She's very short.

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2015 7:36 PM

I suppose it makes sense for her to move to LA. She can get a nice condo in the LA Basin and live on the balance of the apartment money, while saving the Warhols for emergencies and picking up a little TV work for the exposure and spending money. It's what a financial adviser would probably tell her to do - get out of NY while real estate prices are so high, live where the cost of living isn't so extreme and where she can work. She's not going back to Broadway at her age and state of health.

If so, it would probably be the first time in her life she's listened to sensible advice.

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2015 8:56 PM

I think someone from SNL had been in her place at some point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2015 9:01 PM

Will she be doing Dancing With the Stars in LA? Is Celebrity Rehab still on?

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2015 12:20 AM

Okay, tasteful friends, how would you decorate Liza's new place? How would you work in the Warhols, some of the existing furniture, and her own taste into a new home, on a budget reasonable for someone who might need to live the rest of her life on a few million?

Make it senior-accessible, too.

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2015 12:36 AM

Sell the Warhols and enjoy a financially secure retirement, Liza. You can get a Jonathan Adler needlepoint pillow with your face on it that is just as ironic for $175 on eBay. We all know you love and remember Mama. She'd rather see you set for life than be offended if her face wasn't plastered across the dining room wall. Sell the Warhols, sweetie.

You are allowed to display only three family-career mementos in the public areas of the house. An original poster for "In the Good Old Summertime" because it was your first screen appearance and it was with Mama. An original poster for "A Matter of Time" because it's a beautiful poster (especially the image of your face) and because it was Daddy's last film and the only one you made with him. It doesn't matter that it bombed. It's the memory that matters. Stick up a poster of "Grease 2" (in the breakfast nook) as a humorous nod to Lorna and a gesture of sisterly solidarity.

Happiness and health in your new home.

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2015 1:08 AM

OP, it depends. Would it come with Liza in it?

by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2015 1:12 AM

[quote] OP, it depends. Would it come with Liza in it?

Honey, no one has ever come with Liza in it.

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2015 1:14 AM

OMG! The dancing is old and horrifying! Starts at 1:00

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2015 1:27 AM

I love Liza. I seriously doubt she needs the dough, there has NEVER been even a whisper of money troubles, and Uncle Frank set her up 45 years ago with his own money people. Perhaps she just doesn't want to live there anymore?

by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2015 2:05 AM

OH R50, that was DELISHHH! I can't believe I've never seen that SNL segment and without you, I'd have gone to the grave without its laughter. Thank you. I'm serious.

by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2015 2:13 AM

Uncle Frank?

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2015 2:15 AM

Why are there no pictures of Chita in that apartment?

When you go this nutty for her, there should be a picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2015 2:22 AM

How much is one of those Warhols worth? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 61September 24, 2015 11:39 PM

R61 - Four Marlons sold last year for $70 million. The Elvis Triptych for over $80 million last November. The Four Marilyns sold in 2013 for $40 million - that would be the far low end. The prices just keep on rising. The fact that Liza owns them might make them worth even more.

by Anonymousreply 62September 24, 2015 11:56 PM

The Liza Warhol is one of the more famous ones.

She could offload that for millions and be set for the rest of her days in utter luxury.

Let her keep the Momma ones - they probably talk to her after all.

by Anonymousreply 63September 25, 2015 12:07 AM

Good for Liza! She's gonna be just fine with those Warhol$. I was worried about her finances.

by Anonymousreply 64September 25, 2015 12:13 AM

I like the blue Warhol.

by Anonymousreply 65September 25, 2015 12:16 AM

Liza's "Uncle Frank" is Frank Sinatra.

by Anonymousreply 66September 25, 2015 5:59 AM

Did she ever ask him about "A-number one," R66?

by Anonymousreply 67September 25, 2015 6:05 AM

R66 - Thanks for the clarification, thought it was Frank Gorshin.

by Anonymousreply 68September 28, 2015 11:30 PM

If I recall correctly, when she and Gest divorced her Warhol collection was valued at 200 million. I was just down in Wilmington, NC and saw an ad for a show she's doing at the Cape Fear Convention Center with the NC Symphony sometime soon, so she's still working.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 29, 2015 1:30 AM

She's performing at Cape Fear? I'm SO there!

by Anonymousreply 70September 29, 2015 1:32 AM

R4 All the photos in this thread come from the Architectural Digest issue that had an article on Liza's Imperial House apartment. That was printed in '81 I think, so you weren't far off! That said, it really didn't change a whole hell of a lot in the past 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 71November 1, 2015 10:16 PM

I'd rather live in a smaller place with great art than a larger, more expensive place devoid of good paintings. Liza is set for life with her art collection, but this apartment may be too big for her now. She's had both hips replaced, and it's harder for her to get around.

I know what the poster means by having your deceased parent on the wall staring at you. I have two very large oil portraits of my parents, and I store them in a closet. I don't know what to do with them.

by Anonymousreply 72November 1, 2015 10:33 PM

lol r12, that’s an apt description.

by Anonymousreply 73March 26, 2021 5:08 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 74October 28, 2021 3:44 AM

IMO, the Warhols featuring celebrity images in multiples were overrated. However, I'm sure they paid the bills for Warhol. I'm sure many celebrities asked Warhol to "do one of me" and paid him well to do it.

I actually do like the Campbell's soup cans and Coke bottles (repetitive images), though.

Maybe the Warhols were a gift from Warhol himself. Would be hard to get rid of the Judys, for Liza.

by Anonymousreply 75October 28, 2021 4:07 AM

This thread is from 2015.

Liza sold off her Warhols back in 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 28, 2021 4:18 AM

R76 thanks for the update.

by Anonymousreply 77December 17, 2021 8:23 PM

I remember reading somewhere that David Gest made her redo the place and that's when she trashed the Halston furniture and color scheme. There are Warhol photographs where the interior is all black.

by Anonymousreply 78December 17, 2021 8:39 PM

Good for Liza!

by Anonymousreply 79December 17, 2021 9:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!