Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Star Trek: Voyager’ Actress Jennifer Lien Arrested for Indecent Exposure

‘Star Trek: Voyager’ Actress Jennifer Lien Arrested for Indecent Exposure

September 15, 2015 | 02:51PM PT

Alex Stedman, News Editor, Variety.com

“Star Trek: Voyager” actress Jennifer Lien was arrested and has been in custody for two weeks after allegedly exposing herself in front of several children, Roane County police confirm.

Lien has been charged with two misdemeanor counts of indecent exposure in an incident that happened on Aug. 31 in Harriman, Tenn.

A neighbor of Lien’s made a complaint to police after Lien began a tirade due to a crying child, and during her tirade, exposed her breasts and buttocks. The neighbor stated that she had three children in the yard while this was happening.

According to a Roane County Sheriff’s Office report, when police appeared on Sept. 3 with a warrant, Lien was not wearing clothes and resisted arrest.

“The offender stated she wasn’t going any f–king where and we needed to leave her alone,” reads the police report by responding officer Billy Walker.

Lien also threatened to have the officers shot and killed, says the police report. She was transported to the patrol car and taken to the Roane County Jail, and is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 7.

The actress appeared on “Star Trek: Voyager” from 1995 to 2000 as Kes. Her other credits include “American History X,” “Accidents Don’t Happen,” “Men in Black: The Series,” “Battle Force: Andromeda” and voice work in “Lion King 2: Simba’s Pride.”

This isn’t Lien’s first run-in with the law. In April, she was arrested and charged with evading arrest, resisting arrest, reckless endangerment and aggravated assault.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260January 3, 2019 4:46 PM

The poor child was exposed to such an ugly butch. The kid couldn't tell if it was a she or a he.Even in the nude.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2015 11:15 PM

She was also on 'Another World' as Hannah .......

And ..........there was a 'Men In Black' television series ?? HUH.

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2015 11:16 PM

My god, she's ugly! Hard to believe it's the same person

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2015 11:19 PM

R3 - Wow, I would never have guessed that was the same person!

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2015 11:21 PM

The butch haircut does NOT become her. She actually looked cute back in R3

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2015 11:22 PM

Her mugshot looks like a forensic sculpture rendered from a skull.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2015 11:24 PM

Last credit on imdb is from 2003 ............. must have quite a story .....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2015 11:28 PM

How did she end up crazy and buck-naked in Tennessee?

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2015 11:34 PM

Wasn't she fired from Voyager for being a crazy bitch? Where's VOTN?

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2015 11:41 PM

Damn she looks rough.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2015 11:41 PM

So when they say indecent exposure,did she take her mask off?

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2015 11:46 PM

sounds like mental illness

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2015 11:50 PM

imdb comments indicate she quit acting to become a nutritionist ..........and they googled her address in Tennessee and say it is a multi unit apartment complex in a run down area of that town.

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2015 11:55 PM

Clearly, she needs help. Jail time will not provide that.

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2015 11:59 PM

I never watched Voyager and thus have never heard of so I Googled to see what she looked like in her heyday. Were those atrocious wigs supposed to be her real hair or was there some scripted reason her character wore wigs in space?

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2015 12:03 AM

Wow. Sad. Hope she gets some help. (I feel like making a snarky remark about Neelix but will refrain.)

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2015 12:03 AM

Everyone wears wigs in space. It protects against gamma rays.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2015 12:04 AM

Back in the Voyager days, Lien and Garrett Wang were said to be big partiers around LA. Wang supposedly almost got fired because he kept showing up late or hungover or not showing up at all, but then People magazine named him one of their 50 most beautiful people and he got a second chance. Lien was let go altogether because of her substance issues.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2015 12:07 AM

Before I clicked on this thread , I was wracking my brain wondering who she could have played on Voyager. I can't believe she and Kes are same person. In that old picture from Voyager and R7's picture, she reminds me of Marcie from Married With Children.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2015 12:10 AM

R18, didn't know that. Thanks. Never knew why they got rid of Kes other than maybe fan irritation.

Young JL below. Hard to believe she's only 40 in that mug shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2015 12:17 AM

She should have been taken to a psychiatric hospital instead of jail

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2015 12:20 AM

[quote]and they googled her address in Tennessee and say it is a multi unit apartment complex in a run down area of that town.

That's actually kind of sad.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2015 12:23 AM

She was also arrested in 2012 for domestic assault.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2015 12:45 AM

Yeah, she had a big drug problem while doing Voyager. Supposedly she was offering her stash to cast and crew and that's when TPTB stepped in and gave her the boot. This latest incident could been caused by anything - drugs, mental problems or a combination.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2015 1:06 AM

[quote] I feel like making a snarky remark about Neelix but will refrain

The cousin of Ethan Phillips, who played Neelix, used to post on DL. I wish he or she still did for inside scoop on this crazy twat.

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2015 1:17 AM

Wow, r24, All I'd heard was that Lien was a druggie and partied a lot, I didn't know the problem was so bad that she was using on set and offering her drugs to cast and crew. That'll get you fired in two minutes. She came back for a guest role on a Voyager ep. in the final season, and she was already looking pretty rough.

BTW, it's funny how many Trek fans are on DL. Occasionally we have a Trek thread here, and they're always fun. The recent one where a number of us (me included) guiltily admitted that we used to masturbate to Riker was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2015 1:33 AM

Lien auditioned for the role of Vicky/Marley on Another World after Anne Heche left. They liked her so much, they created the role of Hannah, Paulina's foster sister, for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2015 1:52 AM

It's a shame because she really had a great quality as an actress. She had that certain "something" that you can't quite put your finger on. What a waste - maybe it was her troubled life that gave her that quality. I always enjoyed watching her on Voyager and thought she would be a breakout star from it.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2015 2:02 AM

[quote] The recent one where a number of us (me included) guiltily admitted that we used to masturbate to Riker was hilarious.

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2015 2:06 AM

i loved her as seven of nine. i used to jerk off to her cause im a bro just being a bro.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2015 2:15 AM

R30, she wasn't Seven of Nine. Hell, she wasn't even DL's own Seven.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2015 2:17 AM

Seven of Nine was brought about to replace her in a way. Tess was intended to be on the show long term as a permanent member of the cast, but she was a junkie and got fired for her repeated unpredictable behavior. Drugs and mental illness probably both had a hand here.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2015 2:23 AM

I bet Mulgrew was like, "Get that bitch off my show!"

Explains why there was never a Voyager cast reunion...

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2015 2:24 AM

Whatever happened to Six of One,Half a Dozen of the Other?

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2015 2:27 AM

gawsh you all pressurring me about my bigthick cut tool.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2015 2:29 AM

The Voyager cast all hated each other, according to gossip.

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2015 2:49 AM

I'm having lunch with Kate Mulgrew on Sept. 30. I will try to ask her about Jennifer Lien.

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2015 2:50 AM

I love Kate Mulgrew, she seems like a real "actor's actor." I liked when Shatner interviewed her for his doc about Starship captains.

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2015 2:54 AM

Send her our love, r37, she's always been popular on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2015 2:56 AM

He should have been ejected into space!

by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2015 2:57 AM

Its sad when an actor from a show you like hits the skids, I hope she gets the help she needs.

by Anonymousreply 41September 16, 2015 2:59 AM

R18/R26, I'm guessing such fantasies involved a chair. Ha. Make it so (in me).

Imagining her husband split and took the kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 16, 2015 3:01 AM

She definitely wasn't Seven on "Married With Children."

by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2015 3:09 AM

Whoa, she had ANOTHER arrest back in April when she was in a high-speed chase away from the police, then crashed her car into one of their cruisers! WTF is going on with her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2015 3:10 AM

Sounds like a long-term meth addiction.

by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2015 3:14 AM

Captain, I'm sensing one fucked-up bitch.

by Anonymousreply 46September 16, 2015 3:17 AM

Oh they DID do a reunion this month-- One guess who wasn't there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2015 3:18 AM

[quote] Sounds like a long-term meth addiction.

(Gasp) You don't say!!!

by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2015 3:19 AM

She looks like she had a head transplant!

by Anonymousreply 49September 16, 2015 3:20 AM

r48, are you just being gratuitously cunty?

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2015 3:20 AM

Bumping original thread

by Anonymousreply 51September 16, 2015 2:06 PM

I wonder how Kate Mulgrew handled Lien's drug use and unprofessional behavior on the Voyager set. I can't imagine her tolerating that kind of shit for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 52September 16, 2015 2:09 PM

Jerry Ryan was pretty hot as "69." A gay guy here jerked off when she came on screen? No surprise there. She was married to a politician who was into kinky hi-jinks. They divorced and she married a French chef. She likes corn, he hates it. Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 53September 16, 2015 2:51 PM

I'll admit I'm a big Star Trek nerd and I've been active in the fandom for a number of years. I think it's fairly common knowledge that Lien was a recreation drug user back on her days on Voyager. None of the cast have said anything directly but Garrett Wang and Robert Beltran have both said 'there were issues with her' and Kate Mulgrew always seems motherly and worried whenever she brings up Lien. Robert Picardo said that she was 'very isolated on set, she didn't associate with the cast much,.

Lien wasn't originally supposed to be fired from the show it was Garrett Wang whom producers wanted to axe. He was known to be something on an asshole in the early years of the show. He was constantly late, hungover and didn't know his lines. He was even suspended for a few episodes in the third season. The only reason he was saved was he was voted one of the 50 most beautiful people by People magazine and the producers decided they could use any free publicity they could get. BTW I've met Garrett on several occasion and I've always suspected his might be a closet case.

I had once seen Lien at a convention over a decade ago I think and she had ballooned and didn't really have much to say. By the look of her face, I would say meth for sure.

by Anonymousreply 54September 16, 2015 2:58 PM

Current TNG thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 16, 2015 3:31 PM

R54 Did Lien come across as a dyke? She looks like The Queen of All Dykes in that mugshot.

by Anonymousreply 56September 16, 2015 3:51 PM

R56 I always thought she was a lesbian until I learned she has a husband and at least one child.

by Anonymousreply 57September 16, 2015 5:30 PM

R54 I've often wondered about Garrett Wang too, I know there were rumors of him being a pussy hound on Voyager but he's 40-something never married?

by Anonymousreply 58September 16, 2015 5:32 PM

i wish riker would sit on my life. first season twink face riker not gross fat beardy riker

by Anonymousreply 59September 16, 2015 5:49 PM

I always thought Tom Paris was hot in the early seasons before he got fat and bald.

by Anonymousreply 60September 16, 2015 7:49 PM

Mulgrew actually loved Lien and was very upset when she was let go. She resented Jeri Ryan at first for replacing her. Mulgrew talks openly about this. But then Ryan and her began to get some really good storylines (lesbian subtext galore between them) and Mulgrew ended up liking her.

I cannot believe that is the same person in those mugshot pics. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 61September 16, 2015 8:19 PM

She had some mental disorder that she self-medicated with street drugs.

Fast forward to the present: she's lost pretty much everything she once owned and she's a raging meth-head.

by Anonymousreply 62September 16, 2015 8:50 PM

To the lucky bitch who's meeting Mulgrew this month, send her our love.

by Anonymousreply 63September 16, 2015 9:22 PM

"Her mugshot looks like a forensic sculpture rendered from a skull. "

I'm sorry, but that is fucking hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 64September 16, 2015 9:25 PM

Omg, I loved Jennifer Lien as Kes, and I thought she had awesome acting prowess. Her best episode on Voyager is "Warlord".

I kinda think that in some ways, "Voyager" never quite recovered from losing her, because some of the storylines were thrown into disarray (I'm sure Voyager had to have had a stroy bible), and I guess Lien was the ethereal character in an ensemble. After Lien was gone, it didn't quite feel the same anymore.

So, Prayers for Jennifer. Agree with R62.

In many ways I think the TPTB should have waited a season before they booted Wang to milk the "50 most beautiful people of year xxxx" thing, and then in the interim made some effort to help Lien out before it was late for her (recovery and therapy in the context of substance abuse).

Production companies are not mommies and daddies, of course, but it seems like there was a real lack of good people, if "everyone on Voyager hated each other."

Some might claim that she was let go graciously in that she wasn't reported, but that is not the extra mile they could and should have gone, and not in the spirit of 'Trek, as the naïve Star Trek fan in me thinks.

It's like, they tolerated bad behaviour, allowed it to escalate, and then discarded the victim of addiction.

I understand from this thread that Lien had the drug problem and Wang had the alcohol problem, and I think the TPTB probably chose what they saw as the lesser of two evils in terms of potential legal trouble for the studio, even if the actor they let go was a better actor.

by Anonymousreply 65September 16, 2015 9:37 PM

r42, that video is hilarious, I was a big fan of the show as a kid and I never noticed that.

I hope Lien get the help she needs.

by Anonymousreply 66September 16, 2015 10:05 PM

What happened to that hot Native American guy on there?

by Anonymousreply 67September 16, 2015 10:28 PM

R67, Robert Beltran is not Native American. And I don't think he was particularly hot. I mean, no male actor in the primary cast on "Voyager" was sexy. Not in DS9 either, but the actors and stories were better. But if actors and stories are weak, the next thing I start thinking of, is, if they're exciting enough.

by Anonymousreply 68September 16, 2015 10:33 PM

Maybe Kate Mulgrew can pull some strings and get Jennifer a part on Orange Is the New Black. She would definitely be a good fit for that show!

by Anonymousreply 69September 17, 2015 3:07 AM

"The Voyager cast all hated each other, according to gossip."

I met the awesome Martha Hackett who played Seska and later a Romulan on DS9. She said even though both shows filmed on the same lot it was like going to a foreign country when she filmed DS9. She described the Voyager set was always tense and it felt like she was on constant eggshells. When she went to film on DS9, the actor who played Odo personally took her around and introduced her to everyone who were genuinely happy she was there and getting to work with her.

Here is a clip of Ryan & Wang discussing Mulgrew's treatment of Ryan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 17, 2015 7:26 AM

Thanks R42, I'd completely forgotten Riker without a beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 17, 2015 7:39 AM

Wow, Garrett Wang is an ass and a mess in that clip, R70. I can see why the producers wanted to get rid of him. He's still actually crying tears years later over seeing tension between Mulgrew and Ryan? And bashing Mulgrew when she wasn't there and basically telling everyone she was in the wrong? Classy.

If Wang behaved like that and Lien was on drugs, and I heard Beltran was another piece of work, the idea that some of them were hated seems fair. Mulgrew comes across as a person who probably expected to be treated as the captain on the set (it's fiction, Kate) and the writers clearly brought on Ryan to sex up the show (the only one in a skin tight boob enhancing suit), and the scripts often made it Star Trek: Seven of Nine. Mulgrew resented it, but that wasn't Ryan's fault. But I also get the impression Ryan could have a very similar personality (a Messiah complex.... given that she did make it a lot more interesting).

by Anonymousreply 72September 17, 2015 8:43 AM

She looks ....wrong. Like she might have some kind of disease causing her to look like that. It's like her bones have thickened.

She's like 41 and looks like she's a 65 year old Bosnian long haul truck driver.

And, she must be a mess if she's so broke. She's obviously so fucked up she can't do sci fi conventions where she should at the very least be pulling in 50k a year if not a lot more. She was a regular in a Star Trek show. Some dumb extras clean up doing cons...they'll book anybody with a connection at these cons. The big names can make six figures a year signing autographs and doing cons all over the planet.

by Anonymousreply 73September 17, 2015 9:24 AM

Mulgrew is great at these conventions. She really gives these nerds their moneys worth.

by Anonymousreply 74September 17, 2015 9:46 AM

[quote]But I also get the impression Ryan could have a very similar personality (a Messiah complex.... given that she did make it a lot more interesting).

She used to post here and she never came across as having anything close to a Messiah complex. But it was online, so who knows.

Still, I think it's pretty well known that Mulgrew was upset with the introduction of a character who was nothing but a set of tits. Seven of Nine turned into a more layered and interesting character, but to a large extent, she was always a laughing stock. People are protective of the character now but at the time when the show was on the air, people were just rolling their eyes at the pandering. And I can see someone like Mulgrew who had spent decades trying to create female characters who were interesting just losing her shit at some lady in a skin-tight suit with padded tits pretending like she's as "empowered" as everyone else. Especially when that lady got hired after the producers fired the chick who wasn't cute enough -- Wang was as big of a problem but he was "beautiful," so he got to stay, then Ryan was hired because she was hot.

Mulgrew didn't handle it well AT ALL but that's a whole lot of bullshit she had to deal with. Everyone on set had to deal with it. And we all know that Shatner's diva moments have made him a star, but a woman with a diva moment or temper is branded for decades.

by Anonymousreply 75September 17, 2015 10:54 AM

"Indecent Exposure", what happened? Did the wind blow the paper bag off her head?

by Anonymousreply 76September 17, 2015 11:05 AM

I know r64, I am fucking roaring at r6!!!!

by Anonymousreply 77September 17, 2015 11:27 AM

Okay, between r6 and this from r73 "She's like 41 and looks like she's a 65 year old Bosnian long haul truck driver" I am DEFINITELY going to hell for laughing. In all seriousness, though, it is sad at how ill she clearly is.

by Anonymousreply 78September 17, 2015 11:31 AM

I didn't recognize the actresses , Jennifer Lien's name at first, but luckily google image search to the rescue!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 17, 2015 12:14 PM

[quote] Hard to believe she's only 40 in that mug shot.

40 what??? lightyears?

by Anonymousreply 80September 17, 2015 12:20 PM

R61 yes Kate did love Lien and was furious when Lien was fired. As for Kate and Jeri Ryan, Kate never came around to liking Jeri in fact Jeri and Garrett Wang have been very open about how terrible Kate was with Jeri. It appears Kate has extended an olive branch to Jeri recently as they appeared together at a convention recently.

R70 Actually I've heard the opposite that Voyager was a happy set for the first couple years but went downhill later in the show's run. The DS9 set was a very professional set but none of the cast were that close. Terry Farrell for example was not popular with many of her cast mates (particularly Armin Shimmerman) and Avery Brooks is kind of nuts frankly.

by Anonymousreply 81September 17, 2015 12:26 PM

Was there any proof that Jeri Ryan posted here? Seems very odd.

by Anonymousreply 82September 17, 2015 1:30 PM

[quote]Hard to believe she's only 40 in that mug shot.

[quote]40 what??? lightyears?

A light year is actually a unit of measurement for distance, so that second comment doesn't make very much sense.

by Anonymousreply 83September 17, 2015 1:52 PM

I was thinking 40 in terms of dog years. However that would be an insult to dogs because she looks fuglier in that mugshot than the ugliest pitbull.

by Anonymousreply 84September 17, 2015 2:24 PM

Lien applying her morning make-up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 17, 2015 3:22 PM

It's weird how the different Trek sets ended up being so different. By all accounts the TNG cast were genuinely all very close friends (and remain so to this day), and that set was like a cross between a giant party and a cabaret show.

by Anonymousreply 86September 17, 2015 3:52 PM

Kate Mulgrew was brought on as captain after they parted ways with Genevieve Bujold. Kate is a professional. The years on Ryan's Hope and other shows gave her some of that training. Now, throw her onto a set where the majority of the cast are new, spoiled, and think their shit don't stink. No wonder they thought she was too tough.

by Anonymousreply 87September 17, 2015 11:32 PM

Jennifer looks like Lori Petty's even dykier sister in that mug shot.

by Anonymousreply 88September 18, 2015 1:48 AM

Perhaps they will have a new show "Star Trek, Voyeur"

by Anonymousreply 89September 18, 2015 2:10 AM

Mulgrew wasn't a total bitch to everyone. She adored Russ, McNeill and Phillips.

I don't understand why she loathed Ryan so much. It wasn't like Ryan was some cheap bimbo who could barely recite her lines....many of those Seven-centric episodes had Ryan batting it right out the park with her acting talent.

by Anonymousreply 90September 18, 2015 3:06 AM

Mulgrew was a middle aged woman leader/captain on the show. When Ryan first came on, she replaced Lien who was well liked by Mulgrew.

In addition, 'at first glance', Mulgrew saw a 'bombshell' being introduced on a show she took very seriously as 'eye candy' (with no clue as to whether Ryan had acting chops or not).

So it started off badly for those reasons and Mulgrew took it out on Ryan. Mulgrew was threatened and the show did put a lot of focus on Ryan's new character (and her babeliciousness)

Since then, it seems that - at conventions - Mulgrew has acknowledged both the journey Ryan's character took and Ryan's ability to pull off the character and story. There seems to have recently been some reconciliation between the two.

by Anonymousreply 91September 18, 2015 3:41 AM

Mulgrew was upset because they sort of retooled the show. She was hired and agreed to play one thing and they sort of made it all something else. She hated the character seven of nine. She hated the pretense that they needed some big breasted blonde to save the show.

by Anonymousreply 92September 18, 2015 5:07 AM

Mulgrew's beef was that she felt here she was the first woman captain of a Star Trek show. It was rare even in the 90s to see a woman in a position of leadership and Mulgrew was committed to her role. Then fast-forward a couple of years, the ratings are down and the producers decide to up the T&A factor in an attempt to get the numbers back up. Mulgrew was deeply hurt and angry over this but rather than take her anger out on the show's producers, she took it out on Jeri Ryan.

Also Kate was going through a lot of family issues during her years on Voyager. She was searching for daughter she gave up for adoption, her sons had some issues, her mother had Alzheimers, her father died etc.

by Anonymousreply 93September 18, 2015 1:19 PM

Enjoying all the Mulgrew/Ryan chatter .......

AM I STILL IN JAIL ??

by Anonymousreply 94September 18, 2015 5:39 PM

R94 yes Jennifer you are.

by Anonymousreply 95September 18, 2015 8:04 PM

[quote] She looks ....wrong. Like she might have some kind of disease causing her to look like that. It's like her bones have thickened

People who had a tight facelift when thin and then gained weight look weird like that. The face becomes out of proportion

by Anonymousreply 96September 18, 2015 8:35 PM

[quote] A neighbor of Lien’s made a complaint to police after Lien began a tirade due to a crying child, and during her tirade, exposed her breasts and buttocks. The neighbor stated that she had three children in the yard while this was happening

I know this is a sad situation for Jennifer, but I find this hilarious. I can just see those trashy little kids crying loudly in the yard, their mother doing nothing about the crying and Lien doing this

by Anonymousreply 97September 18, 2015 9:52 PM

Hopefully Kate can send $2500 to get Jennifer out of the pokey.

by Anonymousreply 98September 18, 2015 10:23 PM

Obama is President because of Jeri Ryan.

Sort of.

by Anonymousreply 99September 19, 2015 12:46 AM

[quote]Obama is President because of Jeri Ryan. Sort of. —Alan Keyes

I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 100September 19, 2015 1:56 AM

ROFLMAO @ R85!

by Anonymousreply 101September 19, 2015 1:57 AM

[quote]Jennifer Lien was arrested and has been in custody for two weeks

Holy shit, doesn't she have anybody to bail her out?

That's incredibly sad.

by Anonymousreply 102September 19, 2015 1:58 AM

R100, here ya go:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 19, 2015 2:02 AM

I don't believe anyone has commented on the fact that Kes is bare azz nekkid in that mugshot. When the police came to pick her up (after the mom/neighbor called them) she was on the couch naked, said she'd been expecting them, and refused to get dressed. So they took her in naked, took the mugshot naked, etc.

by Anonymousreply 104September 19, 2015 2:13 AM

Meth is a hell of a drug.

by Anonymousreply 105September 19, 2015 3:27 PM

Wow - I learn everything on DL.

I remember the story where Lien said she was allergic to the glue that they used to do her ears and wig...and that was a big part of her leaving the show. Why on earth am I so gullible?? Does anyone else remember that story though?

by Anonymousreply 106September 19, 2015 3:35 PM

Oh PS I also jerked off to riker - no harassment here. I loved him....he was one of my first fantasies after Kevin Costner when I was a kid...like 15 or so.

by Anonymousreply 107September 19, 2015 3:35 PM

embarrassment* not harassment... geez.

by Anonymousreply 108September 19, 2015 3:36 PM

Everyone needs to stop harassing Commander Riker by refusing to jerk off to him. It's just the polite thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 109September 19, 2015 3:39 PM

Riker really wasn't all that. The face was already rather doughy even in the first season. TNG didn't have any hot guy regulars.

by Anonymousreply 110September 19, 2015 3:53 PM

r110, your microaggressions are wounding and are tantamount to sexual harassment.

Why can't you give me the same RESPECT that I'd get from any stranger on a DL thread, politely masturbating to me in their free time?

by Anonymousreply 111September 19, 2015 4:05 PM

Didn't Mulgrew also resent the fact Jeri Ryan was living with the executive producer and show runner of Enterprise? I would imagine that played into the perception that Seven of Nine was eating the show alive at some point. The actress was sleeping with the decision maker.

by Anonymousreply 112September 19, 2015 4:29 PM

Yup, R112, and every time she was interviewed she name dropped. Everything was, "Brannon this", "Brannon that".

by Anonymousreply 113September 19, 2015 4:44 PM

Interview with Jeri Ryan. Enjoy DL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 19, 2015 4:48 PM

More fun... The Robert Beltran gripe generator!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 19, 2015 5:03 PM

Ryan didn't start dating the exec producer until a couple of years after she joined the show. She said the bullying actually stopped once she did start dating him, I guess because Mulgrew realized it wasn't too smart to bully the boss's girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 116September 19, 2015 8:06 PM

Wow, Kate Mulgrew REALLY must be a true DL fav. I've been here a long time and I've never seen a middle aged, jealous frau get a pass for bullying a younger woman.

by Anonymousreply 117September 19, 2015 10:11 PM

Did Jeri Ryan wear her catsuits like Emma Peel in the Avengers? She donned them for specific tasks/actions? There are photos of her in a blue-topped Star Fleet uniform so I was wondering... Never watched Voyage passed a few episodes of the first season.

by Anonymousreply 118September 19, 2015 10:14 PM

On the show the explanation was it was helping her skin regenerate after being a Borg.

by Anonymousreply 119September 19, 2015 10:30 PM

I don't blame Mulgrew for being annoyed. She's the star of the show and they bring in some big titted sex beast to lure in the Fan Boys to a show mostly beloved by gays, women and uber nerds.

That said, I actually liked the character and Ryan's performance. Though I also think she got too many episodes devoted to her, too. She did kinda take over which did fuck up the dynamic of the show.

Garrett Wang was a fussy little manbitch who couldn't act and WASN'T that hot. He snuck in People's List because they wanted to be "diverse" and how many Asians are there on TV to choose from?

by Anonymousreply 120September 21, 2015 8:44 AM

i hated garret wang's character. he was so obnoxious. i would not have minded banging bashir from ds9. he was so fit.

by Anonymousreply 121September 23, 2015 6:16 AM

r115, yeah but at the bottom they say whiny Robert Beltran was always correct. So I guess avoid seasons 5 and 6, Beltran (who was pretty hunky, first noticed that and him in "Night Of The Comet") says so.mm

by Anonymousreply 122September 23, 2015 6:25 AM

Beltran made all those comments a conventions? online? Rather stupid of him. Has he worked much since?

by Anonymousreply 123September 23, 2015 11:21 AM

Aside from Ryan, who from that cast has worked?

by Anonymousreply 124September 23, 2015 11:25 AM

Any rice queens on here ever get to play with Garrett's wang?

by Anonymousreply 125September 23, 2015 11:26 AM

Re R124. It seems like many of the Star Trek franchise actors never seem to do very much once the shows - and movies in some cases - have had their run. Starting from the original series, many of the actors made appearance in other ST features, conventions, etc , but the only two who really had other movie and show appearances were Shatner and Nimoy (as much as Takei has become ubiquitous, it's mostly online). From New Generation (and probably the entire ST oeuvre), Patrick Stewart is probably the actor who has the most screen-time, both in movies and television. Brent Spiner appeared in a few television shows, but not in movies as far as I know, as well as Levar Burton. That leaves Deep Space 9 and Enterprise. With the latter, Scott Bakula is the standout but he visibility and success on television prior to Enterprise and continues to be a presence.

by Anonymousreply 126September 23, 2015 12:43 PM

I spit my coffee out R94 !

I read a lot of forums. This is absolutely the funniest one. Very proud it's the gay forum I'm writing that about.

by Anonymousreply 127September 23, 2015 1:03 PM

Can SOMEBODY from Voyager please float $2500 to the lockup so poor Jennifer can get bailed out? Surely Kate can spare that amount of $$.

by Anonymousreply 128September 23, 2015 2:43 PM

Is that necessarily such a good thing? It might be better for her to be in the state's custody, at least based on what she's been up to lately.

by Anonymousreply 129September 23, 2015 3:03 PM

Tom Paris now looks a lot like Riker the later years, sans beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130September 23, 2015 3:12 PM

Jonathan Frakes has become a pretty successful TV director since Trek.

by Anonymousreply 131September 23, 2015 5:32 PM

[quote] Jonathan Frakes has become a pretty successful TV director since Trek.

As has Robert Duncan McNeil

by Anonymousreply 132September 23, 2015 7:18 PM

Sucks to be poor. You have to live near all kinds of crazy people. It really affects you.

by Anonymousreply 133September 23, 2015 7:25 PM

[quote]Brent Spiner appeared in a few television shows, but not in movies as far as I know

He played a key character in "Independence Day," had a fun cameo in "Dude, Where's My Car?", and, of course, he reprised his TNG role as Data in several Star Trek MOVIES.

by Anonymousreply 134September 23, 2015 8:08 PM

I've seen Brent in a Law and Order episode too. Is he gay? He pings to me.

by Anonymousreply 135September 23, 2015 10:53 PM

[quote]As has Robert Duncan McNeil

And Roxann Dawson.

Both Robbie and Roxann have produced as well, he Chuck and she Cold Case.

Most of them work to the level of their talent. A lot of them do episodic TV. Marina Sirtis and Ethan Phillips both do a lot of voice acting.

Mulgrew and Bakula work because they were established before Star Trek, Ryan and Stewart work because they got great exposure from it.

by Anonymousreply 136September 23, 2015 11:20 PM

Alexander Siddig (Dr. Bashir from DS9) is on Game of Thrones.

Marina Sirtis was in the much DL beloved movie Crash.

by Anonymousreply 137September 23, 2015 11:51 PM

Did you watch Star trek voyager people, it is tbe number one show of the season. It has the hottest guys, especially the sexy built masculine, Spock I was on the edge of my seat watching Star trek voyager. the third episode the best. I will be watching this television program till the end of the season.

by Anonymousreply 138September 23, 2015 11:59 PM

Marina was great in Crash. Yeah, I said it.

She also played the head of the Mossad in a few episodes of NCIS. The Greek girl from London plays the gamut from Persian to Israeli. And good for her.

by Anonymousreply 139September 24, 2015 12:05 AM

[quote] The Greek girl from London plays the gamut from Persian to Israeli.

She's a regular Rita Moreno.

by Anonymousreply 140September 24, 2015 12:16 AM

She played a Russian on SG1.

by Anonymousreply 141September 24, 2015 12:25 AM

yes, R6, and R64 that was hilarious. It is what that looks like.

Sad about the drug or mental health issues or whatever. Too bad about these kind of stories.

by Anonymousreply 142September 24, 2015 12:31 AM

Marina played an evil prison matron in the sequel to Green Street Hooligans. She pretty much said fuck as every other word.

One inmate dares call her a cunt and she replies, "I'll show you a CUNT!" then proceeds to crack him right in the mouth with a billy club. Blood and teeth go flying everywhere. She also runs drugs through the prison system and is, unfortunately, caught and arrested at the end.

by Anonymousreply 143September 24, 2015 5:18 AM

Everyone talks about how close the TNG cast are BUT I do know for a long time Gates McFadden was not overly fond of Marina. I don't know what the source of her beef was with Marina but people involved with the show have hinted at it over the years. Even now when you see them interacting with each other, I still get a feeling of tension on Gates' part. Ronald D. Moore, a writer on TNG, somewhat addressed in on the blu-rays where he said that at one point the writers had gotten so tired of their onset bickering that they forced the actresses to wear these ugly leotard as payback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144September 24, 2015 1:23 PM

R144 you know what's funny I've seen Gates and Marina together and I got the vibe that something was just not quite right between the two of them. Marina is very funny and sarcastic,while Gates seems more of the 'deep thinker' type.

by Anonymousreply 145September 24, 2015 5:02 PM

I don't think that cast was one big happy family at all. Had a friend who worked on it, well pretty much all the Trek shows and while the TNG cast was not as feuding as Voyager they also certainly weren't as close and lovey-dovey as DS9, either.

You basically had two groups on TNG. The "serious actor" clique (Stewart, Spiner, McFadden) vs. the fun loving group (Frakes, Sirtis, Dorn). Burton was respected and adored by both sides. Muldaur was hated by all. Dorn and Sirtis were both really good friends with Terry Farrell and helped her get the Dax role on DS9.

by Anonymousreply 146September 24, 2015 6:19 PM

R146 I saw the entire TNG cast on stage a couple years back when they had a 25th anniversary reunion convention and you could tell they were all close. They all joked and teased one another. I'm sure there may have been tension between some from time to time but that's what it's like working with people

R146 the DS9 cast was not lovey-dovey btw. They were professional but it was a not a fun easygoing set like TNG and VOY were. Avery Brooks set a very serious tone on set and forbade the cast from horsing around while they were working with him. Some of the cast became good friends like Dorn, Nana, Rene and Armin. I know for a fact Terry Farrell wasn't particularly liked by a number of the cast. Armin Shimmerman once said about her "everyone knew when Terry wasn't happy about something," and Marina Sirtis who is a good friend of Terry's said that she was surprised the DS9 cast didn't help Terry pack her bags when she left.

by Anonymousreply 147September 24, 2015 6:48 PM

Why did the TNG cast all hate Muldaur? Was she just as much of a cunt in real life as her character?

by Anonymousreply 148September 24, 2015 10:49 PM

If you watch William Shatner's recent documentary "Chaos on the Bridge" which is about how Gene Roddenberry and Maurice Hurley's tug of war over TNG almost lead to it being cancelled before it got out of the starting gate, you'll see a snippet of an interview with her.

She is a cunt to the power of cunt.

by Anonymousreply 149September 24, 2015 10:56 PM

Did Muldaur... know...Gene Rodenberry?

by Anonymousreply 150September 25, 2015 12:55 AM

Any specific stories as to what a cunt Muldaur was?

by Anonymousreply 151September 25, 2015 1:11 AM

I can't remember. Was McFadden ousted or did she want out like Crosby?

by Anonymousreply 152September 25, 2015 1:14 AM

[quote]They were professional but it was a not a fun easygoing set like TNG and VOY were.

From what I've read on this thread, the Voyager set sounds far from easy going.

Bullying, bitching to the press, actors who could care less whether they showed up on set or not...

by Anonymousreply 153September 25, 2015 1:42 AM

The Voyager set was a total bitch-fest. They all hated each other, except for Mulgrew and Picardo.

by Anonymousreply 154September 25, 2015 3:49 AM

I remember when Muldaur went to LA Law she was very vocal about how much better she thought LA Law was written that Next Generation. Granted, it the season she was on was not the greatest, but I remember thinking she came off condescending and petty.

Anyone know if her leaving LA Law was her choice? She really did give the show a shot in the arm, and I was surprised to see her go. As much as she gave the aging show a little life, her elevator death was a jump the shark moment which I don't think the show ever recovered from it.

by Anonymousreply 155September 25, 2015 4:02 AM

R148 There are a couple reasons why Muldaur wasn't liked by most of the TNG cast.

1) Gates McFadden was fired from the show and that pissed a lot of the cast off particularly Patrick Stewart who was very vocal about it - Gates had a tough first year on the show, she and Maurice Hurley but heads over the scripts because Gates felt that the scripts were somewhat sexist in their treatment of the female leads. Hurley managed to convince Gene Roddenberry into canning Gates and bringing in a new doctor to 'mix things up' on the show.

2)Diana Muldaur was asked by Gene Roddenberry to take the part - she had known him from her two guest appearances on the original show and I believe she also starred in one of his pilots back in the 70s- she never had to audition for the role. Now remember in the 80s, Muldaur was a highly respected character actress who could demand a high salary and according to Muldaur herself, she was paid more than all the actors except Patrick Stewart, this created a lot of resentment from other cast who had been there for a year and were getting paid far less.

3)The vast majority of Diana's scenes were exposition and involved a great deal of technical jargon. This did not play to her strengths as an actress and she had a hard time memorizing her lines. It got so bad that she needed cue cards pasted around the set. Reportedly this infuriated many of the cast particularly Patrick. Diana has said she left the set in tears a couple of times.

by Anonymousreply 156September 25, 2015 1:03 PM

[quote]Did Muldaur... know...Gene Rodenberry?

I wouldn't be shocked if Roddenberry had fucked more TOS guest stars than Shatner did. He liked keeping his mistresses on the payroll.

by Anonymousreply 157September 25, 2015 11:40 PM

Muldaur claims not have known Rodenberry personally in the linked interview. I love the following bit of shade:

[quote] And I think they wanted a fine actress to work with their fine actor from England. That’s what I think they wanted, but I don’t really know for sure.

What were the rest of the cast, chopped liver?

by Anonymousreply 158September 26, 2015 1:12 AM

I can buy her getting a higher salary. TNG was only in its second season after a rocky and low rated first.

Did Spiner, Sirtis, Dorn, Frakes, etc... really expect to earn more than a respected actress? What the hell had they really doen before TNG.

Burton and Wheaton I can buy being a little pissed but not the rest. And let's face it, Stewart wasn't exactly well known to the public, either.

by Anonymousreply 159September 26, 2015 1:19 AM

ALL the Star Trek's have had very weird casts...they'd hire decent theater trained actors then complete stiffs with not much going on. Patrick Stewart was a respected name in the UK but didn't have much of a name here...co-starring in Dune didn't really make him a household name. Levar Burton was the only recognizable face to audiences; the rest were nobodies. And, not particularly talented ones. McFadden, Sirtis, Dorn and Frakes were all rather wooden and bland.

by Anonymousreply 160September 26, 2015 7:59 AM

[quote]Levar Burton was the only recognizable face to audiences; the rest were nobodies.

Wheaton was fairly well known for Stand By Me.

by Anonymousreply 161September 26, 2015 10:51 AM

So many Star Trek fans on DL. I love it!

by Anonymousreply 162September 26, 2015 9:35 PM

[quote] ALL the Star Trek's have had very weird casts...they'd hire decent theater trained actors then complete stiffs with not much going on. Patrick Stewart was a respected name in the UK but didn't have much of a name here...co-starring in Dune didn't really make him a household name. Levar Burton was the only recognizable face to audiences; the rest were nobodies. And, not particularly talented ones. McFadden, Sirtis, Dorn and Frakes were all rather wooden and bland.

I just watched one of those panels on YT with Denise Crosby and Gates McFadden. Crosby recounts how she had a meeting with Rodenberry where he told her that he wanted her to stay but that he understood her wish to leave. He outlined how Star Trek is about the Captain, the First Officer, and the Doctor (though of course, TNG rejigged its central trio). And that since Crosby was outside the central trio, things wouldn't improve for her character/story-wise, as she feared...

With that in mind, it's not surprising that seasoned actors were mixed with (soledly) eye candy and the like.

by Anonymousreply 163September 26, 2015 9:57 PM

Sirtis and Dorn despised each other during the first year, they openly talk now about how much they hated each other. Later they became close friends. Stewart didn't get along well with anyone during the first year because he was in his own words devoid of any sense of humour and hated anyone joking around. With Spiner being the biggest joker on set. There's some story they all have told a million times about Stewart chewing out the rest of the cast and saying, "We're not here to have fun we're here to work." They corrected him. Soon enough he turned into one of the biggest jokers of the lot of them. To this day Stewart says the TNG cast are why he discovered his sense of humour and sense of fun to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 164September 26, 2015 11:38 PM

Question about DS9. Was there any drama or controversy at the time over Visitor and Siddig? From what I gather, she was married (or recently divorced) with a toddler, then announced she was pregnant with her co-star's baby, and he was or recently had been engaged to someone else. I saw a video where she said they were friends when she got pregnant, and didn't start a proper romantic relationship till afterwards. Then they got married, moved the entire extended family (including Visitor's ex-husband) to NY, then split up.

They both seem like really nice people, but I've been watching old DS9 con videos on YouTube (only recently started watching DS9) and they're both amazingly candid about the details of their personal lives, past and present.

by Anonymousreply 165September 26, 2015 11:46 PM

I'd like to hear more about DS9 & that awful Enterprise that followed Voyager. Any new gossip from those shows?

by Anonymousreply 166September 26, 2015 11:54 PM

When Nana and her husband split, her husband crashed on Sid's couch.

I hate that I know this, and I feel terrible repeating it, but around the time she split with the husband, she was supposedly raped at gunpoint. I can't help but think that might have contributed to things.

by Anonymousreply 167September 27, 2015 12:48 AM

Huh, R147...Spiner, Dorn and Stewart were in Skrtis' wedding party. No sure where you are getting your info, but the were a close cast. a

by Anonymousreply 168September 27, 2015 12:56 AM

Sorry, R147...you are correct. It's R146 that is pulling shit from his ass.

by Anonymousreply 169September 27, 2015 12:57 AM

I know Stewart and Frakes are very close friends to this day. And Spiner was the biggest goofer on the set (though Stewart gave him a run for his money). Stewart tells this fun story about how whenever the Enterprise was facing some very serious danger, he used to like to scream "WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!" and then jump into Frakes' arms (like, Frakes picking him up like a child). So I tend to disbelieve the serious actor clique thing.

by Anonymousreply 170September 27, 2015 11:36 AM

r162 me too! I love the DL Star Trek threads. ST has always had a big G/L fan base.

by Anonymousreply 171September 27, 2015 12:40 PM

[quote]So I tend to disbelieve the serious actor clique thing.

A year or two ago, Stewart threw a birthday dinner for his son Daniel. Spiner, Dorn, and Scott Bakula were among the guests. He even tweeted pictures of Dorn and Spiner washing dishes.

That said, there was an incident about midway through TNG's run where Good Morning America did an episode live from the TNG set, and Stewart refused to participate because they had the weather man wearing Picard's uniform roaming around doing bad comedy, and he thought that was disrespectful to the show's fans.

by Anonymousreply 172September 27, 2015 1:52 PM

R157 Gene Roddenberry had an affair with Nichelle Nichols around 1964, of course he had an affair and later married Majel Barrett (I think Nichelle and and Majel were sleeping with him at the same time) and there are strong hints that Roddenberry raped Grace Lee Whitney during the show's first season.

R165 Re: Sid and Nana based on gossip I've heard over the years, Sid had been attracted to Nana pretty much since the pilot but she was married at the time. She ended up separating and getting divorced from her husband around the second year of the show. I believe they began dating/hooking up around the start of the 4th season and it didn't take long for Nana to get pregnant. They got married after the baby was born, but according to Nana their marriage broke up soon after DS9 ended largely because Sid's career was taking him back to Europe and Nana didn't want to leave the States. I understand they're still on very good terms though.

by Anonymousreply 173September 28, 2015 1:14 PM

R166 The only gossip I know from the Enterprise set is that Linda Park wasn't particularly well liked by her costars.

by Anonymousreply 174September 28, 2015 1:26 PM

[quote]And Spiner was the biggest goofer on the set (though Stewart gave him a run for his money).

Spiner had been a ridiculous recurring hillbilly character on "Night Court" before TNG. I about fell over when I realized that "Night Court" hillbilly was Data. I watched the show for years without making the connection.

He was also Billy Bob on "Mama's Family!"

by Anonymousreply 175September 28, 2015 1:31 PM

Wow - Night Court -- that is one show I have not seen in syndication for years and it was on awhile -- and a bit heavy in syndication when it was first done airing. I wonder how it has aged -- either really badly or stupid mindless but entertaining fun. I vaguely remember the hill billies.

by Anonymousreply 176September 28, 2015 1:42 PM

R160 about the bland acting, Marina is very open about some of her bad acting on TNG. She has said that because of the long hours (16 hour days) and the fast pace of shooting, the cast often just had to get the lines right rather than any deep acting. I was never a big fan of Gates McFadden's acting on TNG but back in the late 90s I saw her in a play in NYC and she was really good...I think she's one of those actors who are great on stage but for whatever reasons their acting ability doesn't translate well on film and Tv.

by Anonymousreply 177September 28, 2015 1:45 PM

R173 I had a huge crush on Dr. Bashir when DS9 was on their air and I was a horny teenager, but he has not aged well!

by Anonymousreply 178September 28, 2015 1:56 PM

Hmmm....looks like a sexy 49 year old man to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179September 29, 2015 6:42 AM

Bashir in that white lycra space-racquetball outfit from S2 was pretty interesting. Must have been some major tucking going on, unless he's actually a Ken doll.

by Anonymousreply 180September 29, 2015 11:17 AM

[quote] She has said that because of the long hours (16 hour days) and the fast pace of shooting, the cast often just had to get the lines right rather than any deep acting.

She obviously didn't come up through rep or she wouldn't be making that excuse.

by Anonymousreply 181September 29, 2015 8:26 PM

Does anyone have some gossip on the trek guest stars from over the years?

by Anonymousreply 182September 30, 2015 2:42 PM

R180 I remember that outfit. Bashir was the best looking of the male cast on that show. DS9 had the most talented cast I think, but the least physically attractive.

by Anonymousreply 183September 30, 2015 5:39 PM

bashir was incredibly sexy

by Anonymousreply 184October 1, 2015 2:29 AM

[quote]I'm having lunch with Kate Mulgrew on Sept. 30. I will try to ask her about Jennifer Lien.

Did you have that lunch today, r37? If so, what happened?

by Anonymousreply 185October 1, 2015 2:45 AM

R37 R185 yes, spill the details LOL

by Anonymousreply 186October 1, 2015 1:00 PM

R183 I agree. I tend to think DS9 was the best acted and written of the Trek shows. Jake Sisko was a looker when he was all grown up in the later seasons.

by Anonymousreply 187October 1, 2015 5:27 PM

A couple of the TNG guest stars (Ashley Judd, and forget the other one) now deny they were ever on the show.

by Anonymousreply 188October 1, 2015 9:24 PM

How can you deny being on a show?

"That's not ME! That's some other untalented bitch with the same name and SAG card!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 189October 1, 2015 10:43 PM

DYKE

by Anonymousreply 190October 1, 2015 10:48 PM

[quote]A couple of the TNG guest stars (Ashley Judd, and forget the other one) now deny they were ever on the show.

Kirstie Alley is probably the biggest cunt when it comes to that.

by Anonymousreply 191October 1, 2015 10:51 PM

Getting back to Jennifer Lien here is the latest:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 2, 2015 7:52 PM

Well, it's good news she's getting psychiatric care instead of going to prison.

by Anonymousreply 193October 2, 2015 8:02 PM

" and there are strong hints that Roddenberry raped Grace Lee Whitney during the show's first season"

'fraid so. Very strong hints. Link to excerpts from Grace's book. Read the several pages of the chapter "Grace Are You Sitting Down". I always took it as a given Roddenberry and Majel were 60s era swingers but it's disappointing she would have tolerated something like this from Gene.

Additionally Shatner said she had also been raped by an unnamed actor on the show. I always assumed he referred to the actor who played Lt Kevin Riley, who abruptly disappeared from the crew about halfway through the first season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194October 2, 2015 8:44 PM

Have Star Trek alumni made any comments about the various Jennifer Lien headlines this year? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 195October 3, 2015 4:52 PM

Gates was actually quite good when they gave her good material. The episode "Attached" where she and Picard talk about their past and how much they suppressed feelings for each other, she holds her own with him and without words really gets it right, subtly so.

The episode "Ethics" is another case of her knowing when to show her rage, especially when she thinks Worf has died on the table. Her final speech to her unethical colleague is restrained and smart compared to Mulgrew's admittedly delicious reprimands.

And I loved her in the final episode, "All Good Things". The efforts to make Patrick Stewart a sex symbol in the films with Alfre Woodard and Donna Murphy basically relegated her to nothingness. She could've really added dimension to many of those scenes had they followed through on the Crusher-Picard romance.

by Anonymousreply 196October 3, 2015 7:05 PM

After years of begging, they finally let her direct an episode. They gave her an absolutely putrid script, but she directed the hell out of it.

As far as I know, TNG only had one other female director, and the only one in the later series was Roxann Dawson, although Roxann was in regular rotation eventually, extending to Enterprise.

by Anonymousreply 197October 3, 2015 7:12 PM

Wasn't Roxann Dawson really bitchy and unpleasant to her castmates on Voyager? I think I remember hearing that.

by Anonymousreply 198October 3, 2015 10:04 PM

No, Dawson was close to Mulgrew and McNeil. Fun not bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 199October 3, 2015 10:09 PM

R198 Garrett Wang referred to Roxann Dawson as being very moody the first couple of seasons but he would later find out that Dawson suffered a number of miscarriages and under went IVF treatments during the first couple of seasons.

by Anonymousreply 200October 3, 2015 11:25 PM

R196 I agree Gates was a good actress when she was actually given something to good to do. Like Attached and even Subrosa.

by Anonymousreply 201October 3, 2015 11:27 PM

Considering what a bitter shit Garrett Wang is, I wouldn't believe him if he said the Space Pope was Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 202October 4, 2015 12:20 AM

Garrett Wang seems to throw a lot of his co-stars under the bus in interviews. What are his issues? He always comes off as a bitchy queen.

by Anonymousreply 203October 4, 2015 4:25 AM

I was surprised that Marina Sirtis made a point of mentioning on Texas con panel that the TNG were the only cast that were really a family/all got on/still get on etc. Perhaps her comment was motivated by Terry Farrell's experience on DS9. Didn't someone mention that Sirtis and Farrell are good friends?

by Anonymousreply 204October 4, 2015 5:13 PM

R204 Yes, the TNG cast really appears to be the only cast that all stay in touch and still see each other regularly. Marina, Terry Farrell and Michael Dorn are close. Marina has talked about how Terry was not well liked (or respected at times) by her DS9 costars. Armin Shimerman has taking jabs at Terry in the past saying she was difficult on the set. Terry got herself written out of DS9 because she wanted to be reduced to part-time but maintain her full time salary plus a hefty raise and when she wouldn't budge, Berman and Paramount just let her contract expire. She was later fired from Beckett for being difficult and demanding a huge raise.

The original cast is likely the most dysfunctional one. The TNG cast are all close, DS9 cast were more professional and low key than TNG cast, the VOY cast got on well at the start but there was serious tension between Kate and Jeri and I also think between Kate and Robert Beltran at times. I don't know enough about the ENT cast but they seem to get along fairly well too.

by Anonymousreply 205October 4, 2015 10:19 PM

[quote]The original cast is likely the most dysfunctional one

No, the most visible one was just an asshole. Koenig, Takei, and Nichols have always been very close.

by Anonymousreply 206October 4, 2015 10:28 PM

" She was later fired from Beckett for being difficult and demanding a huge raise."

I can hear the executive producer telling his underlings "Rid me of this meddlesome trill!"

by Anonymousreply 207October 4, 2015 10:32 PM

Beckett? I thought the show was called Becker.

by Anonymousreply 208October 5, 2015 12:17 AM

Thomas a Becker was the full title, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 209October 5, 2015 12:35 AM

George Takei and Nichelle Nichols have been close friends for all these many years. Nichelle was a bridesmaid at George's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 210October 5, 2015 12:56 AM

I completely agree with R196 and R201.

One of my favorite episodes from TNG was "Remember Me."

Gates McFadden carried the entire episode and she was great. Underrated character.

by Anonymousreply 211October 5, 2015 1:35 AM

"Remember Me" -- was that the episode where the entire crew kept disappearing until it was only Dr. Crusher left? That was a very good episode.

by Anonymousreply 212October 5, 2015 3:57 AM

Yes when Gates had a chance to shine she was great. Marina too in episodes like Power Play and Face of the Enemy.

by Anonymousreply 213October 5, 2015 4:00 AM

They should let Lien direct the next Trek film. Make it a psychological thriller with a hard R rating for nudity and violence.

by Anonymousreply 214October 5, 2015 10:44 AM

[quote]No, the most visible one was just an asshole. Koenig, Takei, and Nichols have always been very close.

It seems to be generally accepted that if it weren't for Nimoy, Shatner would have been completely ostracized from the rest of the cast, and for good reason. I love William Shatner but that's because I do not KNOW William Shatner, nor do I have to work with him.

by Anonymousreply 215October 5, 2015 12:43 PM

When they gave Gates McFadden something, which was rare, she was good. Why they didn't pull the trigger on Picard/Crusher in the movies I have no idea.

Marina also got much better over the years. She is absolutely hilarious IRL, the show captures very little of her real personality, which would make her a DL fave.

I think there is no one wholly to blame for the Voyager situation given the circumstances but if anyone should take the biggest share it's probably Kate Mulgrew. If she is making overtures to Ryan, good. I was as skeptical as anyone when they introduced Seven of Nine, but the minute you saw them together you realized a) Ryan was actually very good and b) this was now a show about these two women.

by Anonymousreply 216October 9, 2015 9:31 PM

Mulgrew had fair points, though R216. For a while there, it was the Seven show. There were even episodes where it was almost just her. And there's a ridiculousness about having everyone else in normal uniforms, but brining on a babe with a skin tight uniform to sex up the show - especially a character who had basically been Borg, with remapped DNA and should have had a limb and an eye missing for her implants, managed to survive it all looking like Miss California. Jeri Ryan was a better actress than that.

And can you imagine what would've happened if they did that to Picard? To Kirk? She had to feel like a tough older woman couldn't carry a show, so this was what they needed to give the fanbois.

They did the same thing to Jolene Blalock, in the role of a Vulcan no less as the only crew Member in a skin tight uniform, with juiced lips, who showed tit to boost ratings in an otherwise decent season (the Xindi). She was another actor dumped on because they made her play emotionless, but when she was given a chance, she was really good.

by Anonymousreply 217October 23, 2015 10:00 PM

Jolene Blalock is a dreadful actress. Her acting in Starship Troopers 3 was cringeworthy and embarrassing. I would say she lucked out that T'Pol was emotionless -- it was the best she ever acted.

by Anonymousreply 218October 23, 2015 10:14 PM

Blalock as basically the poor man's version of Jeri Ryan. Hired as the T&A, transcended that. She isn't in Ryan's league, but she was a much better actress than she had any right to be.

by Anonymousreply 219October 24, 2015 12:02 AM

Blalock was eye candy pure and simple. She was there to give the nerd brigade a stiffy. She was a shitty actress but she wasn't there for her acting.

by Anonymousreply 220October 24, 2015 12:09 AM

I thought Connor Trinneer was the eye candy on Enterprise.

by Anonymousreply 221October 24, 2015 12:28 AM

He was the male eye candy, R221. Although his acting was leagues better than Blalock. Actually, Enterprise had something for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 222October 24, 2015 12:37 AM

R203. My best inference from that, is that the cast knew that Wang and Lien were in trouble around the time or somewhat before "Scorpion" was in production, but were surprised or maybe even dismayed that Wang was kept.

After that, Kate chewed on Jeri, and the others got Wang. So this _just might_ explain his sore feelings.

And that's why the Voyager cast all hated each other, as R36 so succinctly put it.

The bad vibes towards Jeri were, of course, undeserved.

by Anonymousreply 223October 30, 2015 2:51 AM

R13 the entire county (Roane) is a meth infested dump ground.

by Anonymousreply 224October 30, 2015 3:02 AM

Any news on poor Kes? She saved Voyager. Has anyone saved her and posted bail? Srsly.

by Anonymousreply 225October 30, 2015 3:24 AM

R225, it's Jeri Ryan who's credited for saving Voyager.

OTOH, for the first three seasons, Jennifer Lien actually was the Halo character on Voyager. At least to me.

by Anonymousreply 226October 30, 2015 3:26 AM

R225:

The most recent is from October 1: Roane Country News has it that a mental evaluation has been ordered for her at Moccasin Bend Mental Health Institute in Chattanooga, which offers psychiatric services for severe and persistent mental illness :/

More at URL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227October 30, 2015 3:43 AM

r226, I meant meant "saved" as in her slingshotting (is that a word?) Voyager with her energy. 0r am I rememberin' this wrong? ( -- signed Elder.)

R227, thank you for the update. Very good to hear. [Can't get to the link for some reason...]

by Anonymousreply 228October 30, 2015 4:12 AM

Delete my extra "meant".

by Anonymousreply 229October 30, 2015 4:15 AM

R228:

I'll post the URL in the textarea field, because I have a suspicion that percent-encoded characters in the URL get badly converted to something else. But the publication's web infrastructure permits their usage in the URL.

www.roanecounty.com/content/mental-evaluation-ordered-%E2%80%98star-trek-voyager%E2%80%99-star

%E2%80%98 is left single quote, %E2%80%99 is right single quote

by Anonymousreply 230October 30, 2015 4:25 AM

Hot damn, the DL UI converts percent-encoded characters into something else.

Gonna post with an URL shortener that will take to the article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 30, 2015 4:33 AM

Thanks R231! Maybe it's subscription access only for the full article (I'm on my phone so I clicked on Full Site and searched).

To be honest, I wasn't originally the biggest fan of Kes. Perhaps because she was tied to that Space Bumpkin/KP-duty idiot Neelix. Was very surprised when she went nova and was escalated off the show. . .

From my humancentric-biased perspective, I thought the Ocampa 7-year life span was depressing as fuck. So perhaps it was for the best.

by Anonymousreply 232October 30, 2015 4:55 AM

R232:

Google News had a note next to the site link that the site is paywalled, but that was not the reason why the URL wasn't reachable.

One thing is, that the local newspaper either uses unorthodox percent-encoding in their URLs for non-ASCII characters (left single quote, right single quote), or that these two characters were from a deeper / more extended plane of the Unicode character set.

The other reason is that DL converted these percent-encoded characters to something else entirely, making the address unworkable. The culprit might be that DL probably converts only one or two instances of a percent-encoded character, and then discards the rest. What annoys me, is that it makes the conversion at all. Unless it's the browser, which I highly doubt.

Of course, the newspaper's website is not without fault either for allowing non-ASCII characters in their article URLs.

by Anonymousreply 233October 30, 2015 5:13 AM

It's strange to me how women in their 40s can get so masculine in the face. It's not just the short hair.

by Anonymousreply 234October 30, 2015 11:35 PM

Miracles happen: Jeri Ryan and Kate Mulgrew look thick as thieves at the big Trek con in Vegas this past summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235November 25, 2015 3:33 AM

Whatever animosity there was between them was buried a long time ago.

Roxann Dawson looks terrific. She's had some good work done.

by Anonymousreply 236November 25, 2015 11:52 AM

Could Jeri be Kate's long lost daughter?

by Anonymousreply 237November 25, 2015 11:54 AM

A faboo t-shirt Jeri designed. All proceeds to charity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238November 27, 2015 10:12 AM

Here's the linked article, apparently some people can't see it?

[bold]Mental evaluation ordered for ‘Star Trek: Voyager’ star[/bold]

Former “Star Trek: Voyager” actor Jennifer Lien has been ordered to undergo an evaluation at Moccasin Bend Mental Health Institute in Chattanooga.

Lien has two separate criminal cases pending in Roane County General Sessions Court.

One stems from an April encounter with Harriman police, in which Lien allegedly rammed a police cruiser.

She’s charged with evading arrest, resisting arrest, reckless endangerment and aggravated assault in that incident.

Harriman police also charged Lien with indecent exposure after she allegedly exposed her breast and buttocks in front of children on Aug. 31.

According to the warrant, Lien denied the allegations.

She was arrested on Sept. 3. According to the report, deputies with the Roane County Sheriff’s Office went to her apartment on Sewanee Street to serve her with a detainer summons.

Dispatch also advised the deputies she had an active warrant for indecent exposure.

“Upon arrival, I knocked on the downstairs door that was open,” the report said.

“The offender yelled come in. As we entered the apartment, I noticed the offender on the couch without clothes on covered up with a blanket. I advised the offender the reason we were there and she stated she was expecting us.”

Sgt. Billy Walker said he

advised Lien about the warrant and asked her to put on some clothes because she would need to leave with them.

“The offender stated she wasn’t going any (expletive) where and we needed to leave her alone,” the report said.

Walker said Lien also told deputies that, “she would have us all shot and killed.”

The report said she refused to walk and had to be carried to a patrol car.

Moccasin Bend is a psychiatric hospital serving 52 counties in East Tennessee, including Roane.

“The mission of Moccasin Bend Mental Health Institute is to provide quality psychiatric services to individuals with a severe and persistent mental illness,” the facility states on its website.

General Sessions Court Judge Dennis Humphrey signed the order directing Lien to Moccasin Bend “to determine her competency,” Public Defender Kim Nelson said.

“We are awaiting the results of that evaluation before we can proceed with her defense.”

Nelson’s office is representing Lien in her criminal cases.

Lien played Kes on “Star Trek: Voyager.”

Her other acting credits include “American History X” and “Accidents Don’t Happen.”

According to her IMDb page, she also did voice work in “The Lion King 2: Simba’s Pride,” “Men in Black: The Series” and “Battle Force: Andromeda.”

by Anonymousreply 239November 28, 2015 2:09 AM

R236 It wasn't long ago, their reconciliation is fairly recent. Apparently Garrett Wang has played in a role in getting the two women to ease their tensions.

by Anonymousreply 240November 28, 2015 3:39 PM

Enjoying "The Killing Game" on Amazon Instant Video tonight. Through a series of contrivances too mundane to recount, everyone thinks they're in Vichy France. Janeway (as Katrine) is dressed like Marlene Dietrich in Morocco and leads the local Resistance cell. Mademoiselle de Neuf is a torch singer by day, the Resistance's explosives expert by night.

Basically, it's an excuse to dress the cast up in period costume. And it looks fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 241November 29, 2015 11:48 PM

Here is the latest new about Jennifer Lien

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242March 3, 2016 8:18 PM

Did they have a lien against her?

by Anonymousreply 243March 3, 2016 8:21 PM

Thanks r6 you made me spit out my Diet Coke but I haven't had a good laugh like that in a while!

I love those clay skull things. They look a lot better than the digitally aged missing kids. Something not quite right about them.

by Anonymousreply 244May 15, 2016 10:38 AM

Come back, the person who had lunch with Kate Mulgrew! Tell us about it!

by Anonymousreply 245May 15, 2016 12:31 PM

Anything new here?

by Anonymousreply 246October 22, 2016 2:41 PM

Here you go, necro troll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247October 22, 2016 3:18 PM

I'll cut you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 22, 2016 4:25 PM

Has anyone bail her out of jail yet?

by Anonymousreply 249October 23, 2016 4:58 AM

No, and she's back in the pokey for DUI.

It's sad. Even if she didn't keep acting in front of the camera, she had a great voice and would have done well doing voice-overs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250January 28, 2018 1:43 AM

It's a shame. She was a great actress with a remarkable presence. I know she had some issues while on Voyager and she was written out as a result. She had a role in American History X, most of which was left on the cutting room floor through no fault of her own. The director was crazy, he carries around a vile of his own blood. I'm sure the environment on the set of that movie didn't help her. Poor Jen, I hope she gets help.

by Anonymousreply 251January 28, 2018 2:11 AM

Lien had a very sweet, soft voice -- uniquely melodic.

by Anonymousreply 252January 28, 2018 7:06 AM

[quote] vile

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 253January 28, 2018 9:39 AM

She doesn't even look like herself.

What happened between having a kid in 2002 and all those arrests starting in 2012?

by Anonymousreply 254January 28, 2018 3:51 PM

Why hasn’t she been appointed psychiatric treatment by a court? She could get on some meds and start to work on getting her career back on track.

by Anonymousreply 255January 28, 2018 6:25 PM

Very sad story. She was fired from Voyager because of her drug issues.

BTW, the entire cast of Voyager hated each other.

by Anonymousreply 256January 28, 2018 7:01 PM

I suppose these would be considered her "lien" years.

by Anonymousreply 257January 29, 2018 8:04 AM

Here she is as Hannah Moore on Another World (91-92 season)

Does anyone know of any other Aw scenes with her in them?

I think this is about it for YT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258January 3, 2019 4:56 AM

Have any of the Voyager cast or guest stars commented on her problems so far?

by Anonymousreply 259January 3, 2019 5:44 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 260January 3, 2019 4:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!