Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do you think of sex now?

50 years old- that for all it's charms it is secondary to intimacy

by Anonymousreply 12September 7, 2020 8:56 PM

I like it a lot, but rarely have any if I don't think it will be fantastic. I am a far more intimate love-maker now, even if it's just a casual fling. I want my partner to feel incredibly desired. Perhaps it gets more like this as one ages?

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2015 12:09 AM

I have neither sex nor intimacy, OP.

I'd settle for either. Both would be ideal.

But I'm not holding my breath. It's unlikely I'll ever get either again at this point. Unless I pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2015 12:11 AM

At fifty I'm proud to say I have a fantastic sex life. All I need is a partner.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2015 12:22 AM

I like it a lot, as well. I'm 45, and have only (fairly) recently discovered what a wide variety of men I can have - if I so desire. From schoolboy twinks(it's legal over here, thank god) to guys in their 50's or 60's, a veritible buffet of men. The thing is, I'm fairly average. An athletic body, a bit gone to fat. Good looks, but by no means spectacular - I may not look 45, but at least pushing 40. An average cock, 6-1/2 inches or so. I'm not sure if I myself am just more open to a wider spectrum of men, more so than at age 30 for example, or if it has something to so with hitting 40, or 45.

Whatever it is, I am enjoying it for as long as it lasts, for sure. My partner (of 7 years) and I pick one weekend a month to have sex with someone either arranged during the week (the twink down the street - he just turned 17) or a gayromeo hookup (maybe more than 1, the weekends can be fairly long sometimes), or we're spontaneous feeling REALLY slutty) and head straight to the sauna (only 4 blocks away( A GODSEND)). In the 8-10 hours that we're there, we sometimes hook up with 15 or 20 guys, sometimes together, sometimes alone.

Outside of these weekends, we are completely monagamous. I love my partner (He's the smoking hot one, actually. 29, looks 22 1'85, 62kg, blond, blue eyed, uncut, HUNG (23,24cm)) and am extremely lucky to have him. As far as intimacy goes, I get all I need from him - and he from me. But neither of us confuse intimacy with sex. When WE have sex - just the two of us, it CAN be intimate, sometimes more sometimes less. But we both feel that there are times when sex is what one wants, best case scenario with a "stranger". Every once in a while these "strangers" will become a regular thing for a few months, but only for sex. And not too often, since that ruins the "stranger" compontent of it all.

Strange as it may sound, fucking other men once in a while actually brought us closer together. We had a rough patch 3 or 4 years ago, and decided to dedicate a bit more time and effort to our sex life, both with each other, and with other men here and there. This proved to be the salt in the soup, if you will. Since then we are closer than ever. (7 year anniversary this past week)

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2015 12:56 AM

Im with R2. And its not like Im super picky.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2015 1:51 AM

I think it's a shame that with all the people having sex, so few of them are actually good at it.

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2015 1:54 AM

I've had two regular fuckbuddies for the the past five and three years respectively. The first guy I see about once every two months, the second guy (who has become a good friend) about once every other week. Always hot and always fun. A few months ago, #2 has had some serious medical problems and depression and had no interest in sex at all. I still love to hang out with him, though and do miss the sex. But it's too much trouble for me to look around for another fuckbud. I can't be bothered.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2015 2:01 AM

I really want a cuddle buddy.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2015 3:43 AM

37 - I remember I loved it, but now can't be bothered anymore. It doesn't help that my (otherwise very good) partner isn't very good at it, nor that my previous partner 8 years ago was perfect in bed but sadly dropped me like a hot potato after three months. After a while you just don't know who to pick anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2015 7:39 AM

[quote]50 years old- that for all it's charms it is secondary to intimacy

I realized this a long time ago and I'm in my 30s.

Good luck finding a non-slutty man who wants intimacy.

by Anonymousreply 10September 7, 2020 8:42 PM

A massage is better and less fucking trouble.

by Anonymousreply 11September 7, 2020 8:51 PM

Im 59 . Last time I had sex was with my late husband in 2009 . He then became very ill with MS very quickly ,and died in 2011 . Ive made a few attempts,but when it boils down to it just doesnt seem worth the effort. I was lucky in life that I had way more than my share of dicks,so being celibate now doesnt seem so bad. Mind you,Im not celibate by choice ,more like the few that do hit on me I wouldnt fuck on my worse day. If the right guy hit on me,Id be all over it. I guess thats that for my sex life,but no complaints,I had a hell of a run.

by Anonymousreply 12September 7, 2020 8:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!