Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's talk about "The Cock" in NYC

I love that a completely sleazy place with open sex still exists...but how does it still exists?

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2020 11:48 PM

Won't be around much longer. Have you seen that upscale pet store next door? There goes the neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2015 4:52 PM

I'm surprised they haven't been priced out of the neighborhood yet. That's usually been the reason places closed in nyc over the last 20 years. There tends to be more profitable uses for the real estate.

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2015 5:29 PM

Yeah I am worried about it but I hope it doesn't close up shop. I'm a youngin that wasn't around during the crazier days of gay clubs with "backrooms", but I've checked out The Cock a few times and it feels the closet to what that would have been. Sure you have to watch your wallet and I don't go that often, but I like that it exists. A gay club that scares away the straight girls.

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2015 5:47 PM

R3, I never carried a wallet when I went West of Seventh. I put what fit in my front jeans pocket, keys, one card, money.

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2015 6:07 PM

Never been there, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2020 10:45 PM

Oh joy, the 2015 Bump Troll is back.

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2020 10:46 PM

I saw a 2011 bump this morning.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2020 10:48 PM

The question *is*: Is that place still around after 5 years and a pandemic?

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2020 11:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!