Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Don't you want to move to San Fracisco? Pay 1800/mo for a bunk bed in a room with 4 people

Is this seriously what housing in SF has come to? You couldn't even masturbate in that set up, much less have people over!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2020 3:28 AM

Sounds great for when you first move to the city and are looking for a real apartment.

by Anonymousreply 1September 11, 2015 12:30 AM

Ridiculous. I have a whole small house with a garage apt. for a little over $1000 a month.

by Anonymousreply 2September 11, 2015 12:35 AM

R1 = Barbara Bush

by Anonymousreply 3September 11, 2015 12:40 AM

30 Day rental, pay up front,

No huge deposit or background issues or commitment.

It obviously fills a need, or nobody would use it.

by Anonymousreply 4September 11, 2015 12:40 AM

[quote]Sounds great for when you first move to the city and are looking for a real apartment

No. no it does not.

From reading between the lines it seems like they prey on a lot of international people who are moving to the city and probably don't know how to navigate better options.

by Anonymousreply 5September 11, 2015 1:22 AM

That's really hot. Nonstop orgy.

by Anonymousreply 6September 11, 2015 2:00 AM

People. Are we still feigning ignorance?

A G E ND A 2 1.

Maybe your internets aren't working.

by Anonymousreply 7September 11, 2015 2:21 AM

I live in the Central Coast of CA and pay 2/3 of that for a 2 bedroom house!!

by Anonymousreply 8September 11, 2015 4:18 AM

W&W for R3.

by Anonymousreply 9September 11, 2015 5:15 AM

you can't even find a studio in NYC for $1800 but students do it to live in the SF

by Anonymousreply 10September 11, 2015 6:18 AM

It is what it is living in SF is expensive

by Anonymousreply 11September 11, 2015 7:02 AM

My stall costs $1800/day.

by Anonymousreply 12September 11, 2015 7:07 AM

SF has rent control, NIMBY-ism and absurd obstacles to make new housing. For example between 2010 and 2015 permits to build over 170,000 new housing units were applied for. The city approved about 300 of them. So developers got only 0.17% (not seventeen percent) of applications.

San Franciscans do everything they can to prevent new housing (actually this is a problem all over desirable areas of CA), and then boast about how "good" they are.

by Anonymousreply 13September 11, 2015 9:08 AM

Why didn't we see THIS on Looking?

by Anonymousreply 14September 11, 2015 9:52 AM

This will be the future of America, in fact, the first world. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 15September 11, 2015 10:20 AM

This comment was posted by "Joshua Monster" below the CBS SF story. Obvs, no idea if he's a legit resident or the landlord...

[quote]This is bulls**t! Dear retarded person who reported this news, please do your job honestly. I personally lived in this project recently, slept on a bunk bed in a room with 3 decent people (not as you said with random "stranges", because as you said again, they first interview with you! And then you're accepted if you are a good and a trustworthy professional!) I never paid that money you huge swindler! As it's even being said on their website you warped the whole truth. It's only $650 for a month in a 4 people room. It's not $1800 you wanton fake reporter! The price you give is for only a private luxurious room that you could live with yourself! Hey people, please don't believe this dumb person's news and just stop by there to see how nice these people are! Living and finding a place in SF is a damn trouble! You should be grateful for these people and to have this clean-neat place with this beyond belief affordable prices with cool people. And you probably did not even want to mention about it the food is even included to the price in this house! You just eat what ever, when ever you want fully organic and healthy in this house with no money from the full packed kitchens! Who knows what's your purpose making this warped news. Maybe you were just chasing some benefits from some ultra swindler hostel-hotel owners or some other establishments which is the actual reason of the rent price increase in this city? So this news is fully bullsh*t and fully distorting the truth. If you want to see the real you know the address right now. Just check it out, I'm sure those people are just going to welcome you! Please do not believe everything you see on the internet! There are a lot of malicious intentions in this news!!

by Anonymousreply 16September 11, 2015 10:34 AM

R13, have you ever actually seen San Francisco? Where are all those poor, put-upon developers going to build and how much of it are they planning to make low and middle income housing? That's what is really needed but developers only want to build high priced properties. There are plenty of those and it's not as if most of the land hasn't been built on already.

I wouldn't take the disappointed whining of property developers too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 17September 11, 2015 10:59 AM

The mayor lifted the ban on new housing a couple of years ago. They have been building like crazy on any empty space they can find. No more parking lots in the city, it's all turned into McLofts now. All of the new housing is sold way before it ever is completed. New rental units being built are starting with sky high rents though.

by Anonymousreply 18September 11, 2015 11:59 AM

That guy quoted at R16 is obviously the landlord. Maybe a troll hoping to get a bunch of people to go by there and bother people.

by Anonymousreply 19September 11, 2015 12:22 PM

R7 Huh? Elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2020 10:31 PM

I call bullshit on R2. Exactly where is your house and garage apartment? Hunter's Point?

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2020 10:38 PM

It's 2020 now and no, a bunk bed is not all you can get for $1800 in SF.

You could get a large room in a house with a couple other roommates. You could get a studio in one of the outer neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2020 10:42 PM

I’d rather live a few hours outside the city for way cheaper and just visit the city on weekends. Honestly, during the weekday while working, how often do you take advantage of the things the city has to offer (museums, etc)?

by Anonymousreply 23August 22, 2020 10:48 PM

There's already been repeated thread after repeated thread on this OP. Why did you find it necessary to come here and start another? Why? Why OP? Can you give us an intelligent, honest answer? Can you? Why would you come here and post this kind of shit yet AGAIN when there have already been so many prior threads on this EXACT same subject. Do you really think this is that damned interesting that it warrants another entire thread to be started? DO YOU??

Why couldn't you have done a search first OP? That would have been the polite thing to do. What you demonstrated was just plain selfishness. You have shown that you don't think about anybody but yourself. It's all about you and your own satisfaction. Next time before you post, do us all a favor and do a search. We don't need another duplicate thread just because of your laziness.

by Anonymousreply 24August 22, 2020 11:15 PM

^ OP did search, dumbass.

This thread was bumped from 2015.

by Anonymousreply 25August 22, 2020 11:24 PM

If I could afford to live in San Francisco I'd live in Manhattan instead.

by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2020 11:27 PM

People who bump 5-year-old threads get cancer.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2020 3:16 AM

Agree r26. San Franciso is as expensive or more than Manhattan, but New York just offers a lot more.

by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2020 3:20 AM

"San Franciso is as expensive or more than Manhattan, but New York just offers a lot more."

Take-out in NYC is much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2020 3:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!