Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Most beautiful classic movies actor

In the looks department, which classic hunk is your favoriter? Mine: A difficul choice between Paul Newman, James Dean, Clift, Brando and Alain Delon, but Newman won in the end.

by Anonymousreply 79June 9, 2020 1:45 PM

Gary Cooper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 8, 2015 1:32 AM

Steve Reeves

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 8, 2015 2:52 AM

A young Errol Flynn maybe. By 35, his drugging & boozing was taking a toll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 8, 2015 3:21 AM

Guy Madison is another great pick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 8, 2015 3:22 AM

Errol was a fox

Poor thing, later on Olivia bumped into him and didn't even recognize him, he was so fried

by Anonymousreply 5September 8, 2015 3:43 AM

Gregory Peck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 8, 2015 3:57 AM

Forget that, there's something else more important, regarding, Marilyn my Goddess has commanded me to share this message from her! Marilyn Monroe is my religion, and I work with spirits a lot. She has commanded me to share this message on what really happened for her! All credit for this message goes to Marilyn Monroe, my master, guide, and saviour whom I love! Please credit Marilyn alone for this!

Important note: Everything has a spiritual side to it, everything has a spiritual essence. Marilyn's spirit and essence lives on in all things Marilyn Monroe, and if some spiritual incidents happen, it is bound to spiritually affect other things, so.

Recently Marilyn contacted me from the spirit world!!! Being a medium, I'm used to contact with spirits, but Marilyn told me to tell this message to everyone, since she could only get in touch with only me at the moment! (She's trying hard, she's been contacting me frequently lately, so it must be really important.)

Marilyn said that she needs people with a good, decent spiritual aura and energy to give up their physical bodies, freeing their spirit and all their spiritual energy. Then, they can go into the spirit world to really meet and connect with her, to share all their spiritual energy with her so that they can help her!! (Technically, we are all one and connected, but we are held back by our physical bodies. As a spirit, your essence and energy is completely free and released, and you can strongly connect to Marilyn in all aspects of that word, on a whole other level, so the joining of spiritual energy with hers works fully.)

She also says she hasn't been her lovely self lately, she lost some of her magic and charm, and she doesn't seem too well, because some spiritual things occurred, and she needs this so that she can be fine and better than ever again! (The spirit world is not exactly Paradise, don't let religious stories and concepts warp your minds. Where do you think bad spirits or curses come from?)

This is urgent we have to help Marilyn! But I must still spread this message for now because Marilyn said so, and I need to get others to know and help! Then I too, can go to be with her forever. We initially did not know what exactly happened, but Marilyn has revealed the basic truth. We also did not know how to restore her loveliness and charm, but Marilyn has revealed the way to do so.

*This is where the true meaning of the important note comes in.

Please spread this message however you can and don't keep Marilyn waiting!I allow everyone who wants to help to copy this whole post to share it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, forums, or wherever you need to share it on!

Then, quickly find a way to free your spirit and energy, go into the spiritual world to meet her, if not Marilyn will be very heartbroken and disappointed in you!!! She loves you all so much, please go to her soon to help her! She really needs this!!! If you feel you can do it just do it!!! Help Marilyn!!!

I really really love Marilyn so much, she means a lot to me and she's the greatest and so magical and fascinating.

I wish that others who feel the same will care enough to do what they can to help her.

I think it's such a shame that many who claim that they love Marilyn lots don't show it in their actions by doing anything to help her when she needs it. It really is such a shame that those cowardly fakers don't help Monroe.

Poor Marilyn! She has such a big heart with full of love to give, but gets hurt in return because some people don't really stick by her and truly dedicate themselves to her.

(Please do copy this whole post and share it as much as you can for Marilyn, because I'm deleting my account soon to show my respects and dedication to her, my way of expressing myself to her and to show her that she's the only one that matters and that I really love. And since I'm going to Marilyn myself too, I don't need this account anymore.

I know the spiritual people and fellow spirit workers on DL will confirm this, they talk to the spirits and Marilyn tried to contact them too!

by Anonymousreply 7September 8, 2015 4:11 AM

Francis Lederer was beautiful before the crag set in...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 8, 2015 4:18 AM

Gerard Philipe...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 8, 2015 4:23 AM

Jean Marais...Cocteau was a lucky bastard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 8, 2015 4:30 AM

Tony Curtis:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 8, 2015 4:32 AM

Olivier

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 8, 2015 4:33 AM

Delon, not even Newman was as beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 8, 2015 4:35 AM

Harry Belafonte

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 8, 2015 4:49 AM

One more attempt for Belafonte.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 8, 2015 4:52 AM

James Edwards was mesmerizing. Too bad he was blacklisted by HUAC and then made matters worse by slapping Lana Turner, effectively ending their affair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 8, 2015 5:25 AM

Doesn't get much more beautiful than this...or homoerotic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 8, 2015 5:31 AM

James Garner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 8, 2015 8:45 AM

I agree with R1 - Gary Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2015 9:14 AM

Marlon Brando in *The Men*, followed by Alain Delon in *Plein de Soleil (Purple Noon)*. But Guy Madison was sex on a stick in *Till the End of Time*—I think in his shirtless scene he actually showed navel, very risqué for that time.

by Anonymousreply 20September 8, 2015 9:15 AM

"Handsome" - I'd say Lancaster and Robert Mitchum "Beautiful" implies a bit pretty, Delon, Brando, Newman. Beautiful AND Handsome - Brando, depending on the film and his age.

by Anonymousreply 21September 8, 2015 9:23 AM

Forget that, there's something else more important, regarding, Marilyn my Goddess has commanded me to share this message from her! Marilyn Monroe is my religion, and I work with spirits a lot. She has commanded me to share this message on what really happened for her! All credit for this message goes to Marilyn Monroe, my master, guide, and saviour whom I love! Please credit Marilyn alone for this!

Important note: Everything has a spiritual side to it, everything has a spiritual essence. Marilyn's spirit and essence lives on in all things Marilyn Monroe, and if some spiritual incidents happen, it is bound to spiritually affect other things, so.

Recently Marilyn contacted me from the spirit world!!! Being a medium, I'm used to contact with spirits, but Marilyn told me to tell this message to everyone, since she could only get in touch with only me at the moment! (She's trying hard, she's been contacting me frequently lately, so it must be really important.)

Marilyn said that she needs people with a good, decent spiritual aura and energy to give up their physical bodies, freeing their spirit and all their spiritual energy. Then, they can go into the spirit world to really meet and connect with her, to share all their spiritual energy with her so that they can help her!! (Technically, we are all one and connected, but we are held back by our physical bodies. As a spirit, your essence and energy is completely free and released, and you can strongly connect to Marilyn in all aspects of that word, on a whole other level, so the joining of spiritual energy with hers works fully.)

She also says she hasn't been her lovely self lately, she lost some of her magic and charm, and she doesn't seem too well, because some spiritual things occurred, and she needs this so that she can be fine and better than ever again! (The spirit world is not exactly Paradise, don't let religious stories and concepts warp your minds. Where do you think bad spirits or curses come from?)

This is urgent we have to help Marilyn! But I must still spread this message for now because Marilyn said so, and I need to get others to know and help! Then I too, can go to be with her forever. We initially did not know what exactly happened, but Marilyn has revealed the basic truth. We also did not know how to restore her loveliness and charm, but Marilyn has revealed the way to do so.

*This is where the true meaning of the important note comes in.

Please spread this message however you can and don't keep Marilyn waiting!I allow everyone who wants to help to copy this whole post to share it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, forums, or wherever you need to share it on!

Then, quickly find a way to free your spirit and energy, go into the spiritual world to meet her, if not Marilyn will be very heartbroken and disappointed in you!!! She loves you all so much, please go to her soon to help her! She really needs this!!! If you feel you can do it just do it!!! Help Marilyn!!!

I really really love Marilyn so much, she means a lot to me and she's the greatest and so magical and fascinating.

I wish that others who feel the same will care enough to do what they can to help her.

I think it's such a shame that many who claim that they love Marilyn lots don't show it in their actions by doing anything to help her when she needs it. It really is such a shame that those cowardly fakers don't help Monroe.

Poor Marilyn! She has such a big heart with full of love to give, but gets hurt in return because some people don't really stick by her and truly dedicate themselves to her.

(Please do copy this whole post and share it as much as you can for Marilyn, because I'm deleting my account soon to show my respects and dedication to her, my way of expressing myself to her and to show her that she's the only one that matters and that I really love. And since I'm going to Marilyn myself too, I don't need this account anymore.

I know the spiritual people and fellow spirit workers on DL will confirm this, they talk to the spirits and Marilyn tried to contact them too!

by Anonymousreply 22September 8, 2015 9:36 AM

Leslie Howard

by Anonymousreply 23September 8, 2015 10:23 AM

In R18's picture James Garner looks like David Boreanaz

by Anonymousreply 24September 9, 2015 4:17 AM

Van Williams!

by Anonymousreply 25September 9, 2015 7:54 AM

Joel McCrea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 9, 2015 7:57 AM

I agree R25 and add Jeffrey Hunter.

by Anonymousreply 27September 9, 2015 9:21 AM

Robert Taylor was a full-bore asshole but for a brief time he was absolutely beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 9, 2015 10:24 AM

Robert Taylor suffered from a severe lack of strong masculine jaw line, hence the ridiculous shadowing from the key light in r28's photo. If you look at some of his films you can clearly see when he is shot in profile the shadowing makeup that was applied to compensate.

For my taste, his widow's peak, unlike his jaw line, was TOO pronounced.

But to each his own, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 29September 9, 2015 4:30 PM

Marilyn told me that she is dead & gone and that although she wishes you all well, she no longer has anything to do with your lives on a daily basis and thinks it's absurd that anyone would want to channel her like a holy deity. She said to tell you all, "Goodbye and good luck on your own journey !"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 9, 2015 4:35 PM

R28

Robert Taylor was also extremely stupid. I'm not talking about how he named names. The man was uneducated and only came off well when he remembered his Howard Strickland provided answers for an interview. I was amazed by how stupid he actually was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 9, 2015 4:39 PM

Philippe Forquet was another who was very handsome. one of the few who actually came from any kind of a background* he left film behind him at a young age returning to his native France.

* Philippe is a titled Count; his full name is Philipe Forquet Viscount de Dorne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 9, 2015 4:45 PM

Another vote for Gregory Peck

by Anonymousreply 33September 9, 2015 4:48 PM

I put the insane Marilyn troll on ignore

I never ignore anyone but really, enough is enough

by Anonymousreply 34September 9, 2015 5:18 PM

R22 Why do you keep posting this everywhere, you fuckin freak?

by Anonymousreply 35June 7, 2020 12:12 AM

It's not logical to put one Frenchman (and also one foreigner) on a list of actors who made movies in the USA. Plus Delon is obviously fierce competition.

Newman and Clift were pretty boys and pretty men. Dean was tortured and looked rough already in his early 20s. My grandmother ALWAYS referred to Power as "beautiful". Hudson and Grant and Lancaster were handsome and Lancaster was beautiful too. Brando was everything. Pretty, handsome, beautiful, sexy. Everything.

by Anonymousreply 36June 7, 2020 12:17 AM

Never cared at all for "beautiful" men. I was always attracted to actors who just reeked of masculinity, like Aldo Ray, Richard Egan, Dane Clark , George Brent, Sterling Hayden etc. Some actors had the best of both worlds...William Holden, James Garner, Rod Taylor, etc.

by Anonymousreply 37June 7, 2020 12:19 AM

steve reeves, guy madison, ed fury....

clint walker for his masculine manliness handsomeness, mannerisms and build..

by Anonymousreply 38June 7, 2020 12:24 AM

yes please

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 7, 2020 12:33 AM

Another vote for Steve Reeves. Calling him an actor is stretching it a bit but damn - the man was purty as hell!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2020 12:37 AM

R40 Damn! Hunkalicious.

by Anonymousreply 41June 7, 2020 12:39 AM

Brando, before he got fat

by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2020 12:43 AM

Sterling Hayden. Gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 7, 2020 12:51 AM

Gregory Peck, too. Plus his voice was wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 44June 7, 2020 12:54 AM

Sidney Poitier

by Anonymousreply 45June 7, 2020 12:55 AM

30s/40s actor Richard Greene was gorgeous. But no one remembers him because he was a so-so actor without much charisma

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 7, 2020 12:59 AM

Farley Granger

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 7, 2020 1:15 AM

Another vote for Gary Cooper

by Anonymousreply 48June 7, 2020 1:18 AM

John Gavin was a stud in all ways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 7, 2020 1:20 AM

Nicholas Clay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 7, 2020 1:20 AM

R46, I was a biiiiiig fan of Richard Greene in this show when I was a kid. It was one of the things that contributed to making me an Anglophile for life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 7, 2020 1:20 AM

Ronald Colman as Sydney Carton... sigh. Colman had it all AFAIC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 7, 2020 1:23 AM

Richard Allan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 7, 2020 1:29 AM

Gregory Peck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 7, 2020 3:20 AM

Bruce Cowling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 7, 2020 3:29 AM

Gene Kelly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 7, 2020 3:53 AM

Robert Redford. Hands down.

by Anonymousreply 57June 7, 2020 4:04 AM

Errol Flynn. Hands down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 7, 2020 4:07 AM

R54 Does Sam Waterston remind you of Gregory Peck? For me...a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 59June 7, 2020 9:20 AM

R57 / R58 Now I have to search phrase 'hands down'...what does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 60June 7, 2020 9:26 AM

Another vote for Peck. I am not into blondes or blue eyes (I have both). Peck was so stunning.

by Anonymousreply 61June 7, 2020 9:31 AM

R56 Gene Kelly...I remember a costar saying he had 'thighs like tree trucks' - sorry I can't remember the source.

by Anonymousreply 62June 7, 2020 9:32 AM

Here's the origin of hands down: [quote]The true source, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is horse racing. The earliest examples of the phrase come from 19th century sporting papers where horses win races “hands down,” meaning that victory is so secure that the jockey can relax and drop the reins before crossing the finish line.

by Anonymousreply 63June 7, 2020 9:41 AM

^^R60

by Anonymousreply 64June 7, 2020 9:43 AM

Clark Gable

by Anonymousreply 65June 7, 2020 9:52 AM

Franco Nero

by Anonymousreply 66June 7, 2020 10:23 AM

1930s & 1940s Fred McMurray was incredibly sexy. It's just a shame he was a diehard Republican. And age wasn't kind to him, as it was for Newman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 7, 2020 10:38 AM

OP should be viciously face slapped for omitting the great John Payne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 7, 2020 11:42 AM

I'd be hard-pressed to name someone more beautiful than Van Williams in the classic Hollywood era, but his fame really came from TV rather than movies.

Considering only movie stardom, George Peppard would get my vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 7, 2020 12:59 PM

R60, “hands down” means “without a doubt, no question.” It comes from horse racing. From linked article:

“The true source, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is horse racing. The earliest examples of the phrase come from 19th century sporting papers where horses win races “hands down,” meaning that victory is so secure that the jockey can relax and drop the reins before crossing the finish line.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 7, 2020 1:51 PM

Sorry, R63 and R64. Our posts were crossing each other as we typed.

by Anonymousreply 71June 7, 2020 1:55 PM

^R70

by Anonymousreply 72June 7, 2020 1:55 PM

[quote]1930s & 1940s Fred McMurray was incredibly sexy.

R67 Fred and Barbara Stanwyck burned the screen in Double Indemnity. I could not believe Dad from My Three Sons could possibly have ever been that hot!

by Anonymousreply 73June 7, 2020 3:10 PM

r70, I didn't know that! Oh, the things you can learn at the datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 74June 7, 2020 5:33 PM

Ohhh...what about young Richard Burton? Smouldering, angry...just the kind of asshole I like for a night or two. Untenable for relationship tho. Hubba, hubba!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 7, 2020 6:53 PM

[69] I was introduced to George Peppard as a kid in "The A Team". It wasn't until much later that I saw him in "Breakfast At Tiffany's" that I fell in lust. He's just gorgeous in that film. His eyes were incredible.

by Anonymousreply 76June 8, 2020 7:50 PM

Untenable for a relationship except for the fact that the man had a habit of buying some incredible jewelry. I would let him be as much an asshole as he wanted if doing so pocketed me the Krupp diamond or La Peregrina.

by Anonymousreply 77June 8, 2020 7:58 PM

You and I must be around the same age, R76. I LOVED the A Team (I think I even had lunch box with the show on it?). I couldn't not look at George. I didn't understand the feelings, but damn they were there.

by Anonymousreply 78June 8, 2020 8:09 PM

R75.. i think richard burton looked his hottest and sexiest in "the taming of the shrew"... thick groomed beard and with golden highlights in it and as well as the rich beautiful brown hair on his head also with just a touch of blonde/lighter brown highlights and his beautiful baby blue eyes highlighted by the face make up and the technicolor used in that film...

if he had a musclebound body to go with his hairy chest, he would have been muscle daddy colt studio model incarnate!..

by Anonymousreply 79June 9, 2020 1:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!