Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eldergays, tell me about Blondie's The Tide is High

What are your memories of this song which I am told is iconic among certain eldergays?

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2020 12:39 AM

It's the AIDS foreshadower in Longtime Companion. I was familiar with the song, but it never stuck in my mind the way it did after the movie came out. Now I think of KS and bronchoscopy whenever I hear it.

by Anonymousreply 1September 7, 2015 4:14 PM

Undergay, tell us about Taylor/Nicki/Katy/Rihi's annoyingly autotuned corporate drivel. How can you tell one song from another, since they all sound like they were churned out in a factory of robots?

by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2015 4:21 PM

First heard it when I watched Longtime Companion, the opening scene.

Iconic song.

by Anonymousreply 3September 7, 2015 10:34 PM

R2, way to be aggro and insulting for no reason. OP didn't say anything negative about Blondie or anything positive about those artists.

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2020 10:32 PM

Aggro? Jesus christ.

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2020 10:34 PM

OP, what kind of idiot do you know who's saying this song is "iconic"? It's deeply average.

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2020 10:38 PM

2 0 1 5

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2020 10:39 PM

It was a cover song.

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2020 12:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!